1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Digimon Unholy Crusade (Discussion Thread)

Discussion in 'RPG Café' started by storymasterb, Nov 1, 2009.

1. Well, now my exams are done. =P But still got stuff to do thanks to Civil Welfare Training Service. Slowing down won't be that hard.

Working on a post right now, so it'll most likely be up by tonight or tomorrow morning. Any heads up as to when we can finally make the Chaos Lords kick the bucket?

2. storymasterb

storymasterb Knight of RPGs

Hm... good question. Well, all of them bar Zahhak have evolved... so I'd say a few more posts fighting the evolved ones, then they can die. Basically, I'd say once I kill Mordred, you guys can start killing the others, since you're controlling when they die. Once all six are dead, we'll all launch a final attack on A-M.

Once he's beaten, it's epilogue posts, then tea and biscuits... though I've got the tea and biscuits with me right now...

3. Kamotz

Kamotz God of Monsters

Hey guys, sorry I haven't posted. This is really the first chance I've had to get internet access since tuesday morning. My new apartment here doesn't get it till monday :( Regardless, I've got some for about an hour now so I'll hopefully be posting soon (within that time limit). If not can I ask that we hold off a bit on the rest of the fight until I get some time? There's a little something I want to do but I'm not sure I'll be able to get to it before the library here closes

EDIT. I'm also just gonna keep Michael and Samael with Zahhak. If I had more time online I'd have gone through with the plan, but as it is now, I think it's better to simply move ahead with the story than indulge my indecisive whims.

EDIT 2: Here's Svarog's Firebird Mode. Like with Samael's Blast Mode, it's more refined for ranged attacks and borrows techniques/moves from Svarog's father and grandfather.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2010
  4. Griff4815

Griff4815 No. 1 Grovyle Fan

I'm sure Tiwaz will approve of Svarog's glorious return (particualrly the way in which he did.) A chip off the old block, he'd say.

Also, I realized that, come the crossover, the Peacemakers are going to look very schezophrenic to the Avengers. Samael, Caradoc, Tyr, Azur, Tiwaz, Fenrir and Kole all have voices in their heads...

Oh, and for the record, "Chaos Swell" is ChaosGigaSeadramon's equivalent of GigaSeadramon's Giga Sea Destroyer, except it's a continuous beam like a souped-up River of Power. And "Chaotic Cataclysm" is the equivalent of Sky Wave except with missiles.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2010
  5. PeeGee

PeeGee ROAWR!

That's nothing, come the crossover, Kairi will probably spend a fair amount of time trying to kill Kole.

6. Griff4815

Heh, I can see why. It's nice to know she'll be making a return though.

Time for a fight roster update:

Amatsu-Mikaboshi: Thor, Bedivere, Svarog, Sha, Kole
    Typhon: Blown up
    Mordred: Lasered
    Tiamat: Gigas, Caradoc, Lucia
    Zahhak: Samael, Michael
    Yam-Lotan: Trowa, Duo
    Ophion: Galic, Nocchi
    In transit to A-M: Guinier, Pyra, Khep, Tiwaz and Fenrir.

7. Hotshot

Hotshot Don't ask questions.

I take it that since smb didn't send Caradoc in on Tiamat, I'm free to set Gigas loose. Am I right? Can I let the big bug wail on big, red, and ugly?

8. Griff4815

I'm pretty sure that's the case, yeah. He said that barring Mordred and A-M, the rest are open season.

9. storymasterb

Yes, Griff is right. Barring A-M and Mordred (the latter not being an issue), you guys have free reign on when the enemies die here, like how in Dark Reign for the most part we could choose when to kill the Black Hands we fought in the last battle.

10. PeeGee

PeeGee ROAWR!

Does anyone mind if I have Kole move onto Yam Lotan? I feel that it would be cool for a Piedmon and ChaosPiedmon fight.

11. storymasterb

Hm... given the reinforcements moving to face A-M, I guess that would be okay. Just keep in mind Kole will be weakened by the fight with A-M, since that guy is brutally powerful. I'm fine with it, go ahead and cue the battle of the psychotic clowns!

12. PeeGee

PeeGee ROAWR!

Awesome I will put a reply soon.

13. Kamotz

Kamotz God of Monsters

WOOT!!! Finally have internet in my apartment!!! I'll post as soon as I can with Zahhak getting the metaphorical axe and my guys heading over to A-M

14. PeeGee

PeeGee ROAWR!

So yeah, I just posted the start of the battle with Kole and Yam Lotan. If Sequel doesn't post, then I think that I shall post about two or three more battle posts before killing him off.

15. Hotshot

Hotshot Don't ask questions.

...I have to throw up a red flag here. And it might not be my place...but seeing as how Trowa and Duo were Yammy's original opponents in the first place, it should be Sequel's responsibility to finish him off. Kole's just joining in for a "clown fight."

Anyway, I'm editing my post as I write this. Check back to my Gigas post! I'm going to flesh it out a bit more, and add Nocchi and Sha.

16. PeeGee

PeeGee ROAWR!

That is why I said if Sequel doesn't post. I meant as in if he doesn't for about another week or so.

17. Phonie's finally down and out! And in a very unorthodox but very effective way. >w>

For those that didn't get it, the plan's here if anyone needs it. And no opening before reading my post unless you want to spoiled:
    The basis of the plan is this: we long decided that that Nocchi's string is /very/ durable and strong. And then we had Nocchi put one long strand of string tied tightly to one pillar, and then have him hold the string from another pillar right across from it. Like this:

And then Ophion, at his highest speed, would rush right through it, not being able to see it. If Nocchi is strong enough to withstand being pulled away, and if the string holds against Ophion's rush, what would happen to Ophion? The gist of it: he gets cut into half due to his own monstrous speed.

The basic idea is like that, anyway.

However, we'd need a reason for him to rush through it, and since it seems like Phonie re-e-e-e-eally hates Nocchi's guts, he'd be the best bait (using various means, I assume). To do that, we used Galic's clones, preferably hidden or playing decoy / fake back-up on either side of the pillar to hold the strings or strings (for a real slice-and-dicer) like so:

As for what Galic'll be doing...he'll be playing red herring. >w>

He'll be making a plan that'll mean that he wants to match Ophion's speed, which he can't do without Nocchi's help. This would give the idea that Galic would want to finish Ophion off with a fight-fire-with-fire strategy (with speed being the fire).

Then Nocchi gets Phonie's attention, annoys/insults/gives him a headache, both to distract him and provoke him, and then Phonie will rush by Galic to get to Nocchi...only to run right through Nocchi's near invisible strings. Ergo, bye bye ChaosUlforceVeedramon X.

Quoting Pinocchio Marion himself, "And that's the plan!" As for why it's complex...it was to be finishing blow worthy of the two most technical fighters of the Peacemakers. -w-

18. TheSequelReturns

TheSequelReturns Phantom Thief

Sorry for my delay with the post, I've had a lot going on (still in the process of moving) and I've been trying to get a large post up all at once.

Anyway, I'm working on the post now, so expect it up soon.

And if Food Guy has something planned, I don't mind tagging out a bit (as in sending Duo of to help someone else) but otherwise the fight shouldn't last too much longer. I plan to have YL on his last legs here soon.

19. Griff4815

Yam Lotan just has to die and then we can start hacking away at A-M for good then? And 800 posts in the RPG thread... has it really been that many?

20. storymasterb

Yep, I'm just waiting for Yammy to die, then we can finish A-M once and for all. Then, as I've said, epilogue posts, then tea and biscuits.

I'm amazed too. We've almost got double the posts we had for Dark Reign... a testament to how these RPGs grow more and more with each passing RPG.