• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Digimon Unholy Crusade (Discussion Thread)

storymasterb

Knight of RPGs
Approved by RaZoR LeAf

This is the Discussion Thread for my RPG Digimon Unholy Crusade, a parallel universe spin-off of Kamotz's RPGs Digimon Civil War and Digimon Dark Reign.

Feel free to discuss all matters relating to the RPG here, be it enemies, allies, the plotline, our characters etc.

A quick recap of the plotline. The Digital World is ruled by the benign Council of Avalon and the more militant Royal Knights. Recently human Digimon Tamers have begun to enter the Digital World, prompting Lord Artorius, the leader of the Royal Knights, to declare war on the Tamers.

Our characters serve as an elite team appointed by the Council of Avalon to capture the Royal Knights and bring them to justice for their wrongdoing. Thus we must travel around, stopping the Royal Knights and garnering the support of the Digimon Tamers to prevent a bloody war between humans and Digimon.

The members of the Council of Avalon are:

Sei-Ryujin (Azulongmon): Wise and greatly respected. His wisdom is reowned and his fair judgment is never questioned. He has decided in favor of bringing the Knights to justice.

Ahura Mazda (Goldramon): Even-tempered and reasonable, Ahura serves a mediator in the council, often being the one to find the most reasonable solution to problems. His prefered method is to find a solution agreeable with all parties, often a hard task. He is in favor of bringing the Knights to justice.

Angra Mainyu (Megidramon) Often a voice of action within the Council, Angra is always first to suggest summoning troops or even the Royal Knights to solve problems. His unruly nature often leads to quarrels between himself and the voice of peace within the council, Ishtar. He is decided in favor of the attempt to stop the Knights, though he has made some attempts to justify the Knights in removing the Tamers and only agrees with the others because he cannot win a drawn out debate with them.

Ishtar (Magnadramon): The voice of peace. Ishtar will always argue against summoning troops to deal with a problem, often citing that violence can only lead to more violence. She especially hates the mere suggestion of involving the Royal Knights, as the Knights though effective are incredibly brutal and often put down the enemy without mercy or regret, and Ishtar loathes such a solution. She does not support the effort to stop the Royal Knights, but she does not support the actions of the Knights either.

Maccan-Dagda (Susanoomon): A firm believer in violence as a last resort. He will only ever support unleashing the Royal Knights when all else fails. He is very firm in his judgment, and he rarely changes his mind. He is an ardent supporter of the attempt to bring the Royal Knights to justice.

Indra (Anubismon): A supporter of the Royal Knights, Indra respects their abilities and often decides on letting them sort out problems. However, he does not accept violence as the only answer, so he often requests that Artroius attempt to negotiate with the foe first. Indra is reluctant to try and bring down the Royal Knights, as he believes that the Council cannot maintain authority without them.

Amun-Ra (Varodurumon): Generally an more removed figure within the Council, Amun-Ra often serves to mediate decisions with his detached perspective on events. He has not decided in favor of supporting the Knights or stopping them, because he sees some sense in Artorius's arguments for the Holy Crusade.

Loki (KingEtemon): Notorious for his way with words, Loki often serves to sow dissent and confusion among the enemies of the Council. However, he is just as good at confusing his peers, as he has a way of finding flaws in everyone's arguments. He is a vital member of the Council, but some outsiders question the wisdom of including such a mysterious being. Loki currently rules in favor of the Royal Knights, as he believes that the Tamers have no right to be in the Digital World and that the Knights are merely defending what rightfully belongs to Digimon.

The Royal Knights are the enemies in this RPG. Namely they are:

Lord Artorius (Alphamon)
Sir Lancelot (Omnimon)
Sir Hector (Gallantmon)
Sir Percival (Magnamon)
Sir Tristan (UlforceVeedramon)
Sir Galahad (Dynasmon)
Lady Guinevere (Crusadermon)
Sir Bors (Sleipmon)
Sir Dagonet (Craniamon)
Sir Gawain (Duftmon)
Sir Cador (Examon)

Kamotz

God of Monsters
Perhaps we should discuss Tamers, especially Partner Digimon. What Digimon should we use?

storymasterb

Knight of RPGs
I was planning on using a Dianamon for one of the Biomerge Tamers a bit later on. So they start with Lunamon, following the Rookie formula, then Biomerge to Dianamon.

I also thought about a fight near water where one Tamer has a Neptunmon Biomerge.

For non-Biomerge Tamers... for the first fight I planned on Craniamon and maybe six or seven Knightmon attacking three Tamers with Andromon, Orochimon and GrapLeomon (almost an ironic reference to the Digimon Tamers episode with Orochimon). Apart from that... maybe an Elvis-themed Tamer with an Etemon at some point would be funny.

Some other earlier Tamer partners I'm considering are Volcdramon, Volcamon and SkullMeramon for one group. Maybe Grademon for another partner, and Artorius dispatches that one personally (since he himself Digivolved from Grademon and the notion that anything in his line could ever submit to a Tamer sickens him).

I may just do a Knightmon vs Knightmon fight at one point (a partner Knightmon against one of the Royal Knights' Knightmon).

Griff4815

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
A biomerged MetalSeadramon would be funny.

Maybe a Zanbamon or an OwRyumon? (I was planning to use the latter as a character, but decided against it)

Kamotz

God of Monsters
In terms of the main team of Biomerge Mega tamers though, what do you think we should choose?

storymasterb

Knight of RPGs
How about an Olympus Twelve group? Four of them with Dianamon, Neptunmon, Marsmon and Minervamon Biomerges? They'd be pretty tough for the Royal Knights (and us) to fight.

Or I was planning on Tamers with the Frontier Fusion Evolution forms as their Biomerges. So Aldamon, Beowulfmon, RhinoKabuterimon, DaiPenmon, JetSilphymon and Raihimon. Then I was thinking that the Aldamon and Beowulfmon Tamers could become EmperorGreymon and MagnaGarurumon at some point and utterly smash some Royal Knight ***.

We could go with some DNA Digivolution as well. A Susanoomon Biomerge would be so epic for killing Royal Knights (and us).

Perhaps we could have one 'super Tamer' with a really powerful Digimon like Arcadimon or Millenniummon.

Kamotz

God of Monsters
I think you're putting too much into the Tamer's power. They shouldn't be able to take the Royal Knights, that should be the problem they have, that even with the biomerge ability, the Royal Knights are just too much. Same thing with us. Even as powerful and specialized and skilled as we are, they're still the Royal Knights. It's like the Spartans (in all their epicness) going up against a unit of U.S. Green Barrets. As great as the Spartans are, they're just totally outclassed by the equipment, knowledge, and ability of the Green Barrets.

I'd stay away from Susanoomon and all things Frontier, at least when it comes to tamers.

Griff4815

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
Those sound fine, but you think the Frontier group would be underpowered? (until after the EmperorGreymon and so on)

And are we trying to capture or kill the Royal Knights? Or both?

And slightly off topic: Apparently the Spetznas out class the Green Berets, heh.

Kamotz

God of Monsters
I think the Frontier group would have to become Susanoomon to beat the Royal Knights, and even then, knights like Alphamon and Omnimon still outclass 'em.

storymasterb

Knight of RPGs
Whoops. That's my Tamer fan side kicking in. Sorry, I just loved Digimon Tamers and the whole Biomerge thing so much.

I think I may just stick with some more mundane Megas. How about a team with JumboGamemon (big tank), Zanbamon (specialized swordsman) and Kuzuhamon (long range support)? Those three could be pretty good, but barely a match for just one Royal Knight. Two or three could trash them (depending on which Knights obviously. I mean, Alphamon would kill them, Omnimon would kill them, Magnamon would massacre them especially if he had Caesar's abilities...)

Kamotz

God of Monsters
Yeah, but Caesar was pretty epic. I'll send you a list of things that might go well via pm. I think that'd be easiest.

storymasterb

Knight of RPGs
That's fine with me. I tend to forget Digimon that aren't in a group or aren't main characters in a series a lot.

EDIT: Epic banners, Kamotz. I like that you're advertising the RPG... I may just request a banner of my own actually...

So I'd better get that sorted!

Last edited:

Hotshot

Sorry I haven't really been on in a while, guys...I've been a little...under the weather...ugh.

Just as a note: Storymaster, I was gonna use Neptunmon as Shawjamon's Mega level...but if you need Neptunmon as a Biomerge Mega, then I could use JumboGamemon or something.

Edit: Oh, and I love the banners, Kamotz. Epic indeed.

Kamotz

God of Monsters
Thanks, if you want, I could make you some, too.

Hotshot

Woohoo! Sounds good to me...a Gigas-banner would do quite nicely, I suppose...

Thanks!

Oh, and one question comes to mind...who are all of the enemies in this? We've got the Royal Knights, and some Tamers...are there any other Digimon we have to fight...or will our only opponents be Knights and Tamers?

Kamotz

God of Monsters
Yeah. It'll probably be just the Royal Knights and some tamers every once in a while. I always pictured the Royal Knights as being on "Black Hand" level (for those involved with Dark Reign).

Hotshot

Ah, that makes sense. I'd expect most of them to be about the same strength and skill level as Siegfried (before the Chaos Mode) then...perhaps a couple with more of a Nidhogg or Abaddon-strength and power (say, Omnimon or Alphamon).

So...yeah.

Griff4815

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
Except Nidhogg variations won't have an exploit to take advantage of like Nidhogg having Arahon being accessable inside of him.

Get better soon, Hotshot!

Hey, thanks for the banners! They're awesome! I'll post them here in case I can't fit them all in my sig or something.

GrandisKuwagamon-1.jpg
- Kheprius Aeolus
Paildramon.jpg
-Pyra Torren
VictoryGreymon.jpg
- Tyr Koenig

Last edited:

Hotshot

These banners are awesome, Kamotz! Thanks again!

I'll do what Griff did and post 'em here...because I'm only using one at a time:
Gigas Kranatos
Pinocchio Marion

I love 'em! It was hard to choose which to use...so I'm gonna interchange 'em, I think.