• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Digimon Unholy Crusade (Discussion Thread)

Hm...in that case, the the opposing ideas would be more like Logic vs Instinct, where Galic is logic, the strategies and planned movements, and Trowa is instinct, the wildness and spontaneous actions. However, they sound a bit like Order and Chaos in a little. Conversely, Galic could also represent Nature (being a nomad and all), while Trowa could represent Modernity/Technology (due to his more robotic features in a good number of his forms).

Though for some reason, the more think about it, the more opposite-like Galic and Svarog are. Galic's forms are based on canines, he's relies more on his mind, and, uh, he's blue. xD Svarog, on the other hand, has previous forms of felines, tends to go berserk, and he's blazing red. In any case, that's just me putting my two cents in.

While the only wood related thing going for Nocchi is the ancient spirit and his wooden body, if Nocchi does end up with it, then yeah, Caradoc would be a good match for 'im.

Another idea is that Nocchi would represent Treachery/Discord/Uncontrol (seeing as about no one can control him while he controls everyone else into a mess), though the match up for that would have to change Pyra into Duty/Law/Control (due to her past as a soldier and the new ability to control her powers).

Excuse me while I try to sort out more ideas out of my head. My active imagination is beginning to get the better of me. >.<

More:
Perhaps a better match (opposite-wise) for Svarog's Godly Fire for Sha would be Demonic Water (via Leviamon)? The difference being godly and demonic, of course, rather than having two "godly"s, but meh, tis just another of the many suggestions in my head. >.>

And while this one of the more far fetched ideas that come to mind (and I don't know why I'm putting this up other than maybe give y'all a good laugh...maybe) is a match up between Gigas and Trowa, being Philantropy and Individuality respectively. Gigas always thinks about others, even when it's his own enemies and even if he sometimes causes a bit of mayhem because of his large size. Trowa, meanwhile, seems to have a strong sense of individuality, seeing as he left a hive of a hierarchical system of conformed drones and soldiers and queens.

In any case, this is me overthinking and unable to stop thinking. Good lord, I wish my brain would just stop for a few seconds. >.< I'll just try to drown my thoughts out and got to bed now. >.<

Last edited:

storymasterb

Knight of RPGs
Hm... considering these points...

Caradoc and Nocchi are an interesting tag-team of opposites, not just for the Fire and Wood face-off (fire destroys wood, but once flames burn out they in truth leave the potential for the forest to regrow via ashes), but also because they're practically opposite in battle style. Caradoc goes right to work, relying on heavy, savage attacks which strike at speed, his tactic always focusing around this one point of overwhelming attack, while Nocchi utilizes a variety of tactics focused around psychological warfare and confusion, as well as harnessing trickery such as his strings. While Caradoc is honest and honorable, Nocchi is deceitful and dishonorable to a degree, creating an opposite in their personalities. Plus, there's Caradoc being quite tall, and Nocchi being the shortest Peacemaker, but I think now I'm digging too deep into things. If Nocchi is Wood, I'd say he and Caradoc would be a good tag-team of opposites against the Mikaboshi.

Really in terms of opposites its Power opposite Skill, which is a point I raised back in Siege with Bedivere immediately prior to his evolution to Examon.

Hotshot

Hey, guys. Sorry this is so late. I haven't had a chance to get on the computer until...well...just now. Anywho...I am intrigued by all of this discussion going on (especially because a good bit of it involves my characters).

I'd say put Nocchi with Caradoc, but Nocchi/Pyra works too. Gigas...could be paired up with anybody else, probably (other than Caradoc). So you might want him with Pyra. That seems to be the general proposition.

As for Sha, Tundra brings up a good point about Demonic Water...but gods and demons aren't exactly opposites. In a lot of lore, gods can be demons and vice-versa. (Plus, I've only used Neptunmon once that I can remember...heh...)

So maybe Neptunmon-Sha/Svarog. So here's the idea:

Nocchi: Dishonor, Disarray, Dishonesty...any one of those. Or, if we just really wanted to go the elemental route... Wood.
Gigas: Uh. Lightning/Electron would work. He could also be "Philanthropy", like Tundra said.
Sha: Godly Water, I suppose.

Last edited:

Kamotz

God of Monsters
And here are the definite matchups:
Thor-Bedivere
Michael-Samael
Duo-Lucia
Guinier-Kole
Perun-Khep
Svarog-Sha
Caradoc-Nocchi
Pyra-Gigas
Galic-Trowa

And here's what I decided we'd go with:
Caradoc: Duty/Honor/Brute Force
Pyra: Positronic Energy
Galic: nature/tactical
Trowa: technology/spontaneity
Nocchi: Self-Interest/Preservation/Trickery
Gigas: Lightning

Any objections? Now Tundra, I expect Galic to be a big thinker here and help the rest of us figure out this opposite thing in-story.

Any objections? Now Tundra, I expect Galic to be a big thinker here and help the rest of us figure out this opposite thing in-story.

I think smb beat Galic to it. xD

Er, in case that wasn't what you were talking about, to be clearer to what I have to do, does that mean Galic'll be the one coordinating and directing everyone? In any case, I'll just assume that Galic overheard Thor saying something about the opposing forces to make things easier. He can at least give the others a better direction for the others.

And I'll be posting tomorrow. I'll be waking up early to get this right...even if it's already 12 midnight my time and means I'll get little sleep. Eh, I get little sleep on average anyway.

And mind if I take a little liberty in the naming? I might change Pyra's Positron energy and Gigas' Electron energy official "opposite" to Positive Charge (via positron beams) and Negative Charge (via lightning), since that'd make things simpler to understand. I'll stick Galic and Trowa with nature and technology, since it'd be hard to relate logic and instinct into proper attacks. And if it's not much, change substance to matter (going all scientific, I know >.>) for Perun.

Last edited:

Kamotz

God of Monsters
It means that after overhearing Thor's little speech, Galic (being the quick thinker/planner that he is) would be the one who'd naturally be able to figure out what more readily opposes what and direct the Peacemakers in their efforts. And whatever you need to do to help him get his point across more easily, be my guest.

Sure sure. This makes things easier then. I'll just get a short post up of him figuring that out and continue the rest tomorrow so y'all can get a head start.

storymasterb

Knight of RPGs
Yeah, I guess. Hotshot and Food Guy, you can bunny Caradoc and Guinier respectively for your posts, I'm pretty much focused on Bedivere as it is. Almost there! The tea and biscuits await!

TheSequelReturns

Faithful Crusader
@Tundra: Fell free to bunny Trowa for your next post if you want.

Well, this is going to be the first RP I've been in here on serebii that has actually run all the way to completion, so I'm looking forward to the end. (And the tea and biscuits of course).

Griff4815

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
I'm looking forward to the end too. And DA. it'll be nice to have a new atmosphere to RPG in.

Are we all attacking A-M at once in pairs? Or is it strictly two at a time?

storymasterb

Knight of RPGs
Two at a time. The reason for the whole pairing system was that all attacking at once is in essence chaos and thus would just make the Mikaboshi stronger. We need to use an ordered manner of attack in order to actually deal damage. That was why the massive barrage from the army earlier didn't do any thing to the Mikaboshi and the Chaos Lords, they didn't realize that such a bombardment is chaotic more than anything.

So each pair attacks and then makes way for the next pair, right up to the finisher of Bedivere and Thor.

And I suppose we can't have an RPG finale without tea and biscuits now.

PeeGee

ROAWR!
Do we specifically have to wait for each pair to attack before we post, as in because we are waiting on Hotshot at the moment, can I write a post with Guinier and Kole getting ready to attack once Pyra and Gigas are done?

Griff4815

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
I think you can make a post now, but you might have to wait to actually post it until Hotshot posts... Smb?

I can edit my post now so that Pyra and Gigas haven't yet attacked yet, and then repost it after you've posted. Whatever's fastest.

storymasterb

Knight of RPGs
Yeah... from now on, can we all please leave the posts open-ended as to the next attacking pair? It avoids this slight problem of needing to wait for people to post before anyone else can. For now, just assume the only structure is that Bedivere and Thor will definitely be the last attacking pair, and work from there. That way, we should be able to get this done with the minimum amount of headaches.

Almost done... whew. It's been a long ride, hasn't it? Almost a year since UC began, and we're practically a day or two from finishing it.

Griff4815

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
I editted my post and am going to send the editted out part to Hotshot. Should be open ended for anyone now.

Edit: Oops, didn't see your post, Food Guy. Oh well, it's open for you or whoever anyways now.

Last edited:

PeeGee

ROAWR!
I posted and I tried to keep the interaction simple because I really don't know how to write Guinier. I can't believe that the UC is nearly over, the second RPG I have ever been in to finish. Personally I can't wait for DA, even though I am still having a lot of trouble figuring out who my third character will be.

Tea and biscuits, tea and biscuits, how I crave tea and biscuits. Especially after reading it over and over again. >.< Time to get this over with, yeah? Will make another post soon.

Well, this is going to be the first RP I've been in here on serebii that has actually run all the way to completion, so I'm looking forward to the end. (And the tea and biscuits of course).

Considering how many rps you seem to join, must be quite a feat. xD I know the feeling, though, since it's my first one too, and I'm excited.

Hotshot

Hey, guys... I apologize, I don't have time to post right now. But hopefully later today I'll have time to write something up. Do we want Nocchi and Caradoc to perform their ranged attacks, or their close-ranged ones?