• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Digimon Unholy Crusade (RPG Thread)

storymasterb

Knight of RPGs
The veil of light faded, and the Peacemakers and Royal Knights were left in an empty field of wheat, the stalks cracked and dead. High in the heavens, far away on the horizon, a crimson glow burned, the last legacy of Svarog Gilgamesh.

A slight lump formed in Bedivere's throat at the sight of it. It wasn't that he hadn't seen death, hadn't faced the loss of a comrade... but after facing the Royal Knights, the world's mightiest warriors beside the god, there was a stronger connection thee, a bond of battle and bloodshed... a bond that had broken asunder.

He gazed down at the Black Sword in sorrow and pain, cursing the blade, cursing its former wielder, cursing the Chaos that it embodied. How could Artorious have thought Bedivere could make any good of the blade? How, when it was akin to the Mikaboshi, when it represented the same power of which he was an avatar?

The anger and the sorrow waged strife within his soul, a raging, seething mixture of emotions. There was anger at Artorious, at Amatsu-Mikaboshi, and then there was sorrow for the Royal Knights, for Svarog...

His eyes hardened. They wouldn't want him to feel so helpless, to stand there and curse the fates. They would want him to fight back, to change the wretched situation in his favor. He could imagine Svarog roaring his disapproval, urging Bedivere to stop whining and start fighting...

He turned to the Peacemakers, seeing the looks in their eyes, the gazes that showed their shock, their shattered faith. They needed hope, a chance. They needed a plan.

"Why... did you spare... us...?" Dagonet choked out through his pain. Bedivere regarded the Royal Knights who had survived, Dagonet, Bors, Percival, Tristan, Hector, Pelleas, Constantine and Cador.

"Because despite all that you've done... despite the fact that your former lord let the Mikaboshi free... we need you," the Slayerdramon answered, looking down at the Black Digizoid of the sword in his hand. "We need you to stand beside us, to help us overcome the Mikaboshi." He lowered the Black Sword and stared into the eyes of each of the eight Knights, before he spoke the question, "will you stand with us? Will you bleed with us, and shed blood with us? Will you live with us, and die with us?"

The eight Knights stared at him in silence for a moment, before Hector stood with a groan, still in his hulking WarGrowlmon X form. "I shall. We brought about this terror... I shall help you bring it to an end."

"I too," Dagonet said, stepping forwards.

"I am agreed," Bors added, also taking a step.

"There is no other choice," Percival decided smoothly, taking his own step into fate.

"We are kin... it is right for we fellow dragons to stand side-by-side," Cador nodded to Bedivere, taking a step of his own.

"I guess it's our best chance," Tristan said, stepping forwards.

"I am with you, Stormheart," Pelleas spoke, and that was all he needed to say before Constantine gave a curt nod and took a step of his own beside the Albiomon.

"What shall we do?" Hector asked.

"Honor Svarog's last words," Bedivere replied, recalling the fiery god. "We go to all corners of this world, to Heaven, to Hell, to Asgard, to Avalon. We go everywhere and anywhere, and we sound the alarm. We bring them the message - take up arms, for the Chaos has returned. We shall assemble an army against the Mikaboshi the like of which hasn't been seen in millenia, we shall bring together enough Digimon to make the very heavens quake with their marching. We shall bring together all the forces of Order against this Chaos. You eight, go to Avalon and gather the soldiers you can from there. Michael, go to the Holy Host and assemble their forces. Samael, if you have any allies among the demons you could call upon, now is the time."

"To Avalon?" Tristan asked. "We're the enemy, Stormheart."

"Tell them I sent you, and that Amatsu-Mikaboshi has risen," Bedivere replied. "That at least should catch the Council's attention, if they haven't sensed it already. Constantine, Cador, I have other things for you to do. Constantine, go with Michael to the Holy Host, you have close ties with them and your word will serve to reinforce the truth. Cador, we need your dragons. Go and gather them." The two Royal Knights saluted.

"What about you?" Hector asked. "What will you Peacemakers do?"

"We shall ready ourselves," Bedivere replied. "I need time with the Black Sword, time to come to terms with it and get hold of its full abilities before I can hope to contend with the Mikaboshi."

"What of your comrades, Stormheart?" Pelleas said.

"We'll be ready," he promised. "When things are at their darkest, we'll be there, to face the Mikaboshi beside you. Because it's the truth of the world... when all seems lost, when there is no light... hope burns bright. Heroes are always there... and we shall be there, when the time comes. Go with godspeed, and face this foe as the Knights you were... not as the betrayers you've become." Hector's gaze spoke of his melancholy sorrow at the words, before he turned away.

"Royal Knights, to war!" he declared as they shot into the heavens...

Last edited:

PeeGee

ROAWR!
Kole let out a roar as he saw Svarog attack Amatsu-Mikaboshi, in a self sacrifice. As he suddenly found himself teleported away, Kole was still transfixed on the spot that Svarog had been.

Another one gone thought the Apocalymon, And not even the Royal Knights were able to stand up to that thing

Ah it had such power, I NEED THAT POWER

No! Kole screamed in his head. There will be no way for you to get that power. I am not strong enough and you don't have control of my body last time I checked

Not yet I don't

Sick of the voice inside his head, Kole's body began to glow and he shrunk down into his Piedmon form, where the voice wasn't as powerful or loud. He also needed to conserve as much energy that he could for what he assumed would be the final battle. Upon de digivolving Kole noticed that there were seven of the Royal Knights with them. He looked at them in rage, they had been spared what they deserved! He was about to say something when Bedivere spoke. Kole stopped what he was doing for he knew that Bedivere was right. All that meant was the had to wait.

Waiting is for the weak!

Azur grunted, reverting back into WereGarurumon form and watching the Royal Knights fly off, with a few going in different directions. He had one of the knights in his sights in particularly, but he had already turned away when said knight turned to give him a look. The last thing Azur needed was to see guilt in Bors’ eyes. He just couldn’t forgive the Sleipmon. Not now. Not yet. The wound was still too raw, too painful, to properly address with the one that had caused it.

‘Be careful not to go down the path that-‘

“I know,” Azur said brusquely, cutting his ancestor’s voice short.

He knew he was being rude – he wasn’t known for being polite in any case – but fact was, without Artorius’ supposedly imminent defeat to occupy his thoughts, he was finding himself beginning to think more and more about what happened to Dunkelheit. Not to mention that Svarog’s apparent death only lead to remind him of said event. And it only served to sour his mood.

That wasn’t to say that he didn’t feel an amount of depression over Svarog’s death. The god of war was one of the reasons that he had begun changing. Plus, he never got to have a real fight, or at least a sparring match, with him. And it was definitely a surprise; he was sure that he would have at least been one of those that would survive this war. But even those thoughts couldn’t cloud over the ones of his brother.

He could have thought about Amatsu-Mikaboshi, but the only thing he knew was that he had to be stopped. Right now, however, Bedivere was telling them to wait until the time was right, and Azur had nothing to do other than occupy himself with his mind.

He supposed he should return to Avalon. Galic was there, along with Dunk’s egg. He was positive that it was safe; if Galic was still anything to him, it was one of the most reliable people, if not the most reliable person, he knew. It also seemed that he wasn’t able to return yet; he wondered if he had been too battered from their last battle that he had to be sent to the medical room.

And then another thought came up to him. And suffice to say, there was at least one more reason for him to return. And that was all it took for him to run faster than usual.

-----------------------------------------------------

"I... I'm so sorry, Galic.”

Galic’s ear twitched, his attention turning back to the Paildramon. He blinked at her, wondering what she was apologizing for.

"I made... a promise to you that I'd look after him when you couldn't... I failed. If I hadn't lost control... then maybe I... maybe I could have saved--..." Pyra said, looking everywhere but at him.

"Dunk... Max...I couldn't protect any of them... even with that awful power." The only reason Galic didn’t catch Pyra as she fell on her knees was because his body wasn’t obeying him properly. This was the last thing he wanted to hear from the young Paildramon. "I'm so sorry..."

Galic sighed, shaking his head.

"...How? ...How can I face him now? How can I face any of them?"

“With your head held high,” Galic started off, hoping to get Pyra’s attention.

“Pyra, even I couldn’t save Dunk, nor could Azur. But I do know that Dunkelheit would have been too smart – I should know, of all people – to have been killed by the knights in a fight,” Galic whispered, closing his eyes. “My best guess is that he died trying to keep someone from dying, especially because he wouldn’t have died for any other reason. He didn’t die in vain.” Galic opened his eyes, a mixture of pride and sorrow in his first apprentice in his eyes.

“And in any case, Pyra, neither Dunk’s death nor your brother’s is your fault. At least not more than my own, or Bedivere’s, or Thor’s, or anyone else in our little group.” He placed a paw on the hand that Pyra left on his bed. “But we don’t forget those that gave their lives for the sake of someone else. With their smiles in our memories, we carry on the burden our shoulders that they sometimes unknowingly leave us…but that does not mean we have to carry it alone,” he told her, offering her a smile. “I’m sure there’s someone who would very much like to help you carry the world that’s on your shoulders right now.”

He held her hand softly. “We grow stronger from our experiences. What doesn’t kill us only makes us stronger. And there may be things in the past that we would have changed…could have changed…should have changed. And sometimes we can turn back, to try and fix it. But that doesn’t change that it has already happened in the past. Instead of mourning over what you could not do in the past, should you not strive and think of what you can do now?” he asked, letting go of her hand and putting it back on his lap.

Just before Pyra could answer, however, a pink Digimon decided to make his presence known. “Noooooooooooooo!”

The MachGaogamon turned his head to the entrance, where Valentine, in his MarinAngemon form, flew from towards his bed.

“Ah, Valentine, just the mon I was looking for. May-“ Galic was cut off.

“Tell me it isn’t true! Tell me that the sweet little Cerberumon isn’t dead!”

Galic shook his head, giving the pink Digimon a small frown. He hadn’t realized that Valentine had become friends with Dunk. He couldn’t remember them even interacting.

“No! The story! The drama! The romance! It simply cannot end this way! It’s too…too…too sad!” Valentine decided as he started to cry a fountain.

“Valentine…Valentine…Valentine!” Galic yelled, finding the situation all too strange. The MarinAngemon stopped his waterworks to give Galic a teary eyed look. Galic sighed.

“I know how you must feel. Dunk’s death was a blow to many, but there are still things that we need to do before we can properly mourn. I need to ask that you assist in the healing of my wounds. There are important matters that I need to attend to, and I cannot do them in my current state. And if you can, I would also like you to help my comrades.”

storymasterb

Knight of RPGs
Bedivere ascended into the skies, briefly noting the departure of Azur, but then his thoughts returned to the weapon in his hands, the blade that burned with chaotic power.

The Black Sword.

He felt its power, its sentience radiated out and battered against his mind, whispering suggestions to him, arousing impulse and instinct. He fought for control, trying to wall out the sensations the blade awakened. And then he stopped.

He had to embrace the impulses, the instincts. They were the Black Sword's power, he knew that already, and so to master it, he had to master them. He closed his eyes and let his mental barriers down, feeling the sword's mind meet his. He probed it gingerly, trying to glean some understanding of the blade's power and intelligence.

All he found was a primal, hungry force, a raging, untamed beast. It wanted a host, a body through which to unleash its incredible power, to kill and burn and destroy. It was the opposite to the ordered, measured power of Thor's White Sword, but then Bedivere had known all of this. The Black Sword was the White Sword's opposite force, of course it would be different.

He continued to probe the Black Sword's 'mind', measuring its strength, tapping the power the blade contained. He had already drawn on a shallow amount of this energy, but now he realized just how powerful the sword was. Now it became evident just how Artorious had unleashed such incredible power upon them.

The good that could be done with such a blade... the possibilities were endless, they filled his mind with thoughts of glory, of heroics, of the slaughter of demons and dark gods. He could achieve such glorious things in the name of the Council, in the name of Avalon...

But he tore himself from the fantasies and to the matter at hand. That could wait... right now he needed the blade's full power to help overcome Amatsu-Mikaboshi, not to make himself some messiah.

Help? Why, when you could do it alone?

The visions swarmed him, filling his mind again, the false reality consuming him in its folds. He saw the blade ripping through the Mikaboshi, saw the chaotic form of their foe burnt and consumed by his burning power, saw all the world exalt Bedivere Stormheart as their savior, their messiah.

"No... that isn't me..." he protested softly. He was a soldier, not a hero. His whole life, he had been content to play his part, fighting the foes of his home, while the Council, his betters, decided who those foes truly were. He wasn't some divinely-inspired messiah... he didn't hold any ancient power, any demonic legacy or divine heritage. He wasn't like Thor, or Svarog, or Samael, or Tyr. He wasn't like Azur, or Dunk... he was just mortal, ordinary, flawed. He just wanted to make things better through his own sweat and blood, not because he held some great power.

But now he did have power. He did have potential. And the question was... how could he use it? Could he become this great leader? A king, an emperor, a messiah, a divine hero? Could he light a spark where none existed, rise to the level of Thor, Svarog, Odin, even? Was that what it would take?

Burn, burn... and become greater than any of them. Become a god among gods, and burn their worlds to ashes.

"No..." he choked out, realizing the source of this seductive voice, the promises, the whispers of power and godhood. "I'm just a mortal... not some god... not a messiah."

You could be...

"I don't want that... all I want is to help this world. I don't want your power for myself... I want it to save all the Digimon... all the humans... from the Mikaboshi. That's all I want... to help this world, not make myself some deity..."

You could save the world... and rule it...

"I don't rule," the Slayerdramon said firmly, strongly. "I obey my superiors, and that's how I've fought all my life, at someone else's command."

Content to remain their dog all your life? Content to be let off the leash only when they permit? That's no life... you could break them, become the master.

"I could... but I won't. All I need is the power to help the people of this world and save them. Give me that... nothing more..."

Weak... pathetic. You could be so much more... yet you shun that in favor of these pitiful lives? Your compassion will only destroy you... your selflessness will be your undoing...

"Enough of your fantasies," Bedivere whispered. "Your power is mine, but only to fight in the name of the oppressed, the meek and weary. Between them and the tyrants, the oppressors... I'll stand to break their shackles and give them freedom from fear."

I refuse you!

"A sword has no power alone," the Slayerdramon replied. "Its power can only be channeled when it is wielded by a swordsman. Alone... you can do nothing. With me... you can achieve so much... give me that power, and through me, you can change the world for the better." He felt the sword's certainty shift, its arrogance seemed to fall as though its legs had been kicked from under it. After all, it was a sound argument.

Very well...

The shackles broke, and Bedivere felt incredible power surge through him. He wasn't as powerful as Thor, that sort of power would take time to generate through his connection to his blade, but he was still stronger than before. Hopefully... he was strong enough to stand against Amatsu-Mikaboshi... hopefully...

-

He lay there, surrounded by darkness and ruin, the blasted wastes around him illuminated only by the bolts of blood-red lightning that tore from above.

Caradoc groaned and weakly sat up, noting that he was in Silphymon form. His body was blackened and burned, presumably from his injuries at the Mikaboshi's hands. The thought of the terror only brought it all back, the dream, and then the living nightmare which had dispatched him with ease.

"Caradoc Stern." He looked up to see Galahad standing over him, the Royal Knight staring down at his current host with a look of dark remembrance.

"Galahad... where are we?"

"This is your mind... your nightmares dominate it," Galahad answered. "Look at it, Caradoc." The Silphymon groaned and stood with Galahad's help, looking out over the dreamscape. He saw Amatsu-Mikaboshi far away, the Chaosmon tearing into an army of Digimon with cannon and sword.

The words of the chaos avatar rolled over the landscape as he spoke. "Thus comes the empty; void of life, death, and being; the Dark Prominence." Power howled from his cannon and annihilated a cluster of Digimon in an instant.

"What is he?" Caradoc whispered, eyes fixed on the Chaosmon.

"He is the Primordial Chaos," Galahad answered. "He is the terror, the nightmare, the raging storm. He is the relentless, the unstoppable. He is Amatsu-Mikaboshi, the avatar of Chaos itself."

"How do we defeat him?"

"I do not know," the Royal Knight replied. "Uther did not share with us how he overcame the chaos, how it was sealed away... I do not know that fact. I believe that he carried the knowledge with him to his death, believing that the Mikaboshi would remain sealed, that none would be foolish enough to release it."

"So how do we defeat the Mikaboshi this time?"

"You must trust in Thor," Galahad said. "He is Odin's son... he may be able to unlock the way to seal the Mikaboshi away once more... and what's more, Bedivere Stormheart now wields the Black Sword with Lord Artorious's death."

"Artorious is dead...? Bedivere has the Black Sword...?"

"The Mikaboshi cut down Artorious... but with his last breath, it seems my lord chose Bedivere to be the Black Sword's new wielder," Galahad explained. "With its power... Bedivere may just be able to fight the Mikaboshi beside Thor... the two of them may be able to defeat the terror with the power those swords hold..."

Kamotz

God of Monsters
Michael heard Bedivere's plan and nodded slowly; he had been anticipating the same course of action. He had but one objection to the particulars; and he would make this known. He turned his hardened eyes to Constantine; the knight that dared to claim God as his own.

"Sir Constantine," Michael said, his voice filled with silent anger. "You will accompany the rest of the knights to Avalon," he declared. "You are not fit to enter the spheres of Heaven. And should you survive this day, seek penance for your blasphemy."

"But your leader--"

"Does not speak for Paradise," Michael interrupted. "I do. Go now, and let that be the end of it." He turned to the others, to Samael. "I will go to Heaven and appeal to the Archangel Lords."

"Yo, want me to come?" Samael asked.

"No," Michael answered. "Remain here, with them."

"Don't take too long, Mikey," Samael said with a smirk. "I'm gonna kill that thing. Immortal or not, Primordial Chaos or not...I don't give a damn. I'm gonna kill that thing for what it did to Svarog...I swear to God."

"You weep for a fallen comerade?"

"I ain't weepin', I'm--"

"And a fallen angel swears to God?" Michael said with a soft smile. "Why, Samael, I might almost believe you've regrown your soul."

"Psh, as if," Samael snorted. "Just hurry your *ss up." Michael nodded and took to the sky. He disappeared behind the grey-black clouds and a brief flash of white light signaled his ascent into the Heavenly Spheres.

"I must go as well," said Thor as he stepped forward, still bracing himself with the White Sword. "We cannot face the Mikaboshi as we have our other enemies. He cannot be overcome by force alone; I have proven that, Bedivere has proven that, Caradoc has proven that, Gigas has proven that, Samael has proven that, Michael has proven that, and...and even Svarog has proven that. Even my father could not defeat him with might alone. I do not know how he did it, but..." He hesitated.

"Spit it out already," Samael hissed.

"Perhaps my father will...enlighten me," Thor said cryptically. "I must go. I will find you." Thor spread his charred and tired wings and took to the air. Like Michael, he disappeared beyond the clouds. Thor's journey was not to Heaven, but to a deep forest. And as he flew, he allowed a pair of tears to fall. And to the stars in the sky above, he whispered his goodbye as the soul of Svarog settled in Nav.

===

"A'right, listen up!" Samael declared, standing before the Peacemakers. "What we've got here is one. Bad. Mutha. And we gotta figure out how to kill it, or him, or whatever you wanna call it. Now, Beddy-boy's over there gettin' his brain all twisted up by that sword. Wouldn't be my first move, but then again I'm pretty twisted as is, so who am I to judge, eh? Cardodioca-rocka-mon over there," he pointed to Caradoc's unconscious form, "is sleeping. He probably just got tired of yellin' all the damn time. Mikey's off calling up some favors, Thor's playin' hookie, Dunk got himself ganked, and Svarog went and blew himself up. So we're down a few players...and the rest of you look like sh*t.

"But hey, I've seen worse," he said with a shrug. "Okay, that's a bold-faced lie. We've got about the same chance of winning as I do growing white feathery wings and crapping out a big golden egg." He sighed and pinched his brow. "Beddy-boy told me to go get some demon allies. What he--and most of you--fail to remember, is that I ain't exactly best pals with most demons. I kinda pulled the rug out from under 'em last go-round. So Frogger and I are gonna have to do. Either way, we gotta kill this evil sonova***** for what he's done...I mean really? Who the hell wear's green leather? That's just outrageous. So here's what we're gonna do...

"Eh," he muttered. "I was kinda hoping you guys'd chime in at this point. I've got nothin'."

Hotshot

"Eh," he muttered. "I was kinda hoping you guys'd chime in at this point. I've got nothin'."

Nocchi shook his head, chuckling. With a shrug of the shoulders, the Puppetmon strode forward in front of Samael and looked up at his fellow Peacemakers. "As usual, I'm one step ahead of ol' Leather-feather," Nocchi began, casting a glance at the Beelzemon, "an' I've got an idea as to what we're gonna do."

Taking a step forward and folding his arms over his chest, Nocchi said, "We all saw what happened the minute we tried to take that guy...er...Amoebaboshi...on alone. We either got our butts handed to us or we blew up. When Amatsiful-boshimony shows his ugly head again, we'll be ready for 'im.

"First off, we'll divide ourselves into groups of three. Assumin' the rest o' the crew gets back...an' Caradoc wakes up...there should be eighteen of us. When we next meet up with...aw, nuts, I never can remember his name..."Amazon-Bashus"...we'll attack 'im in turns. First off, our big-hitters."

Nocchi looked over at Gigas and shook his head. "I was gonna put Gig in charge of this group, but he ain't payin' attention."

Gigas, who had previously been staring in the direction of Avalon, turned and glanced at Nocchi. "Huh? What? Did you say something?"

The Puppetmon sighed. "Anyway, we'll send our strongest to attack him first, just to make a little dent in 'im. Start with the big boys. Gigas, Caradoc, an' Tyr are probably the strongest physically in their base forms.

"When that crew goes down, we immediately strike with the next group--"

Sha raised his hand and interrupted, "Why don't we just attack him together, all at once?"

Nocchi groaned. "Because, Sha. If we all try to attack him together, we'll just trip over each other, an' he'll pick us off! Now, as I was sayin'...right after we hit him with our big, strong guys, we switch over to the fast, agile ones to throw him off his game. Team two is our speedy group: Azur, Guinier, an' Pyra. Use agility an' speed to do as much damage as possible."

The Puppetmon started chuckling. "Nyeheheheh. Next up, the bugs, Kheprius an' Trowa, plus Kole. Ya see, the beauty o' this group is that we've been hittin' Mika-Mika with guys that're all similar up 'til now. This time, we've got two guys that are similar, an' one who's completely different! That should throw him off, if only a little bit.

"Next is my group, which consists of Galic, Lucia, an' myself. An' the strategy here is pretty simple. If he gets past us (highly unlikely), we unleash our most dangerous group: the demons."

Nocchi looked over his shoulder at Samael, and then glanced at Duo and Sha. "That's you guys. Sha, go Leviamon, Sammy, go "X", an' Duo, go Reapermon. Hit 'im with everything you've got held back. An' when all else fails, we've got one more group."

The Puppetmon scratched his head. "Only they're not here right now. Bedivere, Thor, an' Michael would be our last group. An' hopefully they'll finish the job. If not, well...we'll just have to be flexible an'...think of somethin' else."

Last edited:

Griff4815

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
Kheprius staggered woozily out of the bathroom of the medical ward, wiping his mouth with the side of his arm as he stumbled. He made it over to his bed and leaned forward on the bed propping himself up on his arms.

"Cripes... If I knew I was going to puke like I drank a whole pub dry, I might've reconsidered changing my digi-core," he groaned while trying to control his nauseated stomach.

His attending nurse walked over to him an outstretched a small cup containing two pills. Khep quickly swiped the cup from her hands, tilted his head back and dumped the cup's contents into his mouth. He then outstetched the cup and stared at the nurse. "Two more..."

The nurse looked at him sceptically, thoroughly second-guessing his demand. "Err, I don't know if--"

"Lady..." Kheprius begun. "I just had most of my guts blown out by a psycho dragon and now I'm throwing up the little amount I have left... More, please."

She sighed and reluctantly handed him two more, which he quickly downed. "At least try to rest now," she advised.

"Sorry, sweetheart. Apparently I'm a hero now or something. I should at least play the part and see if my so-called comrades need my help... but keep my bed reserved, okay? Slide Evolution. GranKuwagamon."

Kheprius grimaced as his form changed. He felt a light-headed feeling suddenly wash over him and he started to lose his balance. The bug outstretched his arms and clutched onto the bed to steady himself. Luckily for Khep, the bandages around his chest were made of stretchy, synthetic material, so they didn't break when his form grew exponentially.

"Sir! You can't be serious! You're in no condition to walk, let alone fight!" the nurse protested.

"I'm flattered you're so concerned, but I'll be just fine," Kheprius said, forming an inter-spacial portal in front of him. He glanced over at Pyra, who was standing and making her way over to Galic. The bug then turned back forward and stepped into the rend.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Kheprius had enough experience with the void to pick up traces of activity in the fabric of space. Noticing several traces in the same area, he deduced that that must have been the way to Camelot since Artorius transported himself and the knights back there, which he couldn't access himself from where he was.

Khep used those markers and opened his exit portal in that area. He staggered out of the tear and stumbled onto the ground. He glanced up and saw most of his fellow Peacemakers in front of him.

"Yo, guys! I'm back to hel-- holy angel crap..." he said aloud, his jaw dropping as he looked at the completely obliterated Camelot. His head tilted upwards to see Svarog duelling Amatsu-Mikaboshi in the sky.

"Who the hell?" he whispered, feeling a sudden sense of dread tugging at him.

Tiwaz snarled and flapped his wings, preparing to take off. "I'm not letting him fight alone."

"Go, Brother," Svarog said softly to Thor. "And I will give your regards to Odin. Michael, now."

"What the hell's he doing?" wondered Kheprius.

Tiwaz shot his head over his shoulder as he started to lunge from the ground, though not before a bright glow enveloped them. "No! Don't even think about it, you damned angel!" he roared in a fiery rage, trying with all his might to break past the gleam.

Before he could, he, along with the rest of the Peacemakers, suddenly found themselves in the field. Tiwaz stopped his flight when he realized his target was suddenly gone. The place in the sky he gazed at was suddenly hit with a wave of blazing power with an accompanying laugh. Tiwaz's body slackened as he watched the inferno of his fellow fire god lick the celestial firmament. The orange glow reflected in his wide azure eyes. He knew exactly what had transpired.

"Svarog!" he roared, his form shaking with a blazing fury. Tiwaz cast a cold stare at Michael for having teleported them when he was convinced he could have helped.

"Svarog..." whispered Kheprius, who too stared up at the sky. "...Have you found your glory?" He morosely looked down, averting his gaze from the flames. "Did you too become a flashing star in the sky like you claimed your fallen foes became? Or are you just..." he trailed off. "Well, you'll be remembered... at least you'd be able to appreciate your demise. ...Rest in peace, you hotheaded psychopath."

Tiwaz landed on the ground with a quaking thud. Snarling, he said, "Tyr, you take over." With those short words, he relinquished his form and Tyr emerged in is VictoryGreymon form.

Despite his the overwhelming sadness gripping at him, Tyr couldn't help but smile softly at the eight remaining Royal Knights, who were talking with Bedivere. They had finally seen the light... or at least were willing to join forces with them to stop a greater evil. It took so much strife... so much pain... but the Royal Knights... or the ones that remained... united with them.

"Sir Bedivere..." Tyr said meekly. "I... am going to go with the Royal Knights to Avalon. In case they meet any trouble from the army, I can explain any misunderstandings..." He then looked up at the sky and grimaced. "Sir Svarog..." he whispered.

Kheprius made his way over to Sir Cador, who was propped up on his lance. "Yo, Scales... Well... It looks like we'll be allies again, after all, huh?"

The Examon cast a glance over to him. "Just my luck," he joked, a slight smirk forming in his bruised face. It soon vanished. "So you activated the XAI System... Why then? Why not when I first captured you? Why not during our most recent battle? Why did you never use it and gain your X-Antibody form like you should have?"

"Like you said... shame," Kheprius answered sadly, thinking back. "You know my story, Cador... mostly. The day I killed the monsters who destroyed my village - my family - was the day the X-Antibody tried to change me. I resisted it with all that I could, delving into meditation to do so. If I allowed it to change me... I'd never be able to go back to what I was. No matter how much I changed, I always held onto that one hope... that I'd be able to go back for my own sake."

Sir Cador regarded him silently, hanging onto his words. "...But why did you use it, then?"

"Because I found something other than myself that was worth protecting... By using it, I actually made it a step closer to what I was." he answered. Kheprius smirked. "It was for the greater good," he joked, knowing the Examon would be able to appreciate it.

Cador smirked and nodded. "For the greater good, indeed... Take care of yourself, Aeolus... or would you prefer 'Kheprius'?"

"Anything but 'Kheppy'."

"Understood. May we both save this world... through whatever means we deem necessary," he jokingly said.

Kheprius chuckled. "Good luck, Cador," he answered, nodding as the Examon flapped his wings and took off to rally his troops. "...Think I'll Zone Black Hole my way back to Avalon now... That bed sounds nice... Oh, and I need to tell Pyra and Robo-dog about whatever the hell that was that destroyed Camelot."

Meanwhile, Tyr and the other Royal Knights were already en route back to Avalon. There had been an awkward silence for awhile until Tyr finally summed up the courage to speak.

"I - uhh - I-I'm glad that you guys are... trying to help us now," he said.

"We have always acted in the best interests of the world and will continue to do so," Percival said simply, flying nearby with a golden trail of light radiating from him.

As the awed Tyr was distracted by Percival, Tiwaz took this moment to respond. "Do those best interests include unleashing that thing upon us?!" Tiwaz snapped, his voice bellowing out of Tyr's mouth.

The VictoryGreymon snapped his mouth shut and blushed furiously. "Uhh... s-sorry... Tiwaz is kinda angry right now..." he said sheepishly.

"Artorius went mad with power," Tristan said sombrely. "That sword changed him."

Sir Dagonet nodded. "Tristan is correct... Watch Bedivere Stormheart carefully, Tyr... it may happen to him as well."

Tyr nodded without question, valuing their thoughts thoroughly, despite the fact that they were enemies but hours ago. He then blinked and stared at him in shock. "You remember my name, Sir Dagonet?" he asked, surprised.

The Craniamon nodded. "And you really have improved from when we first fought. Your heart is righteous and pure... if not a bit naive. You would make a fine Royal Knight."

Tyr blushed and fought back tears in his eyes. "...Thank you," he said. "I don't know if any of you realize how much I've respected you all in my life. ... It hurt to see you guys go down the path that you did."

"We do not admit to our Crusade being false," Pelleas said. "Merely the actions that Artorius had taken during these recent days, just so we are understood."

"I know that," Tyr sighed. "It's just a shame that we both lost the comrades that we did..."

Sir Bors grimaced in response, but continued galloping along below them. "We're almost there," he simply said.

Sir Tristan turned to Tyr. "I advise you do the talking, Tyr... as opposed to Tiwaz, I mean. That has not worked in our favour in the past..."

Tyr nodded, while trying to mentally calm down an infuriated Tiwaz.

Tiwaz growled in rage. "Let me at that little, blue, pink-winged pansy!"

The VictoryGreymon sighed in exasperation as the group approached the battered walls of Avalon. A few of the guards took notice and readied themselves, but Tyr flew forwards and addressed them.

"No! It's okay! I'm from the Peacemakers and we have something important to tell you all!"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kheprius appeared back in the medical ward via a Zone Black Hole portal. He looked around the room and saw Pyra standing up from a kneeling position beside Galic's bed. He walked over to them just in time to see Valentine engulf Galic, Pyra and himself in shower of blue hearts that seemed to heal them.

The GranKuwagamon felt his pain lessen and his stamina begin to restore, but he couldn't help but shift uncomfortably in his place. "Well that was disturbing..." he muttered. He then snapped his pincers, getting their attention. "Listen, Galic... Pyra. I just went to the others and Camelot was destroyed by this digimon I've never seen before... He killed Svarog and some of the Royal Knights as well... They couldn't stop him. I think Artorius summoned or released him from something... but the point is he's frigging strong and now we're uniting everyone together to stop him... the Knights included."

storymasterb

Knight of RPGs
"I must admit... I'm surprised," Bedivere said, descending and landing nobly beside his fellow Peacemakers. With the Black Sword in his hand and his cape flapping in the fiery wind, he cut an imposing figure, more like a messianic hero than the soldier he truly was at heart, the soldier he was content to be.

"I never expected a plan so good... and it's sound," he commented. "Sound strategy... let our heavy hitters disorient him, then have our fastest run some rings... next up we have the surprise heavy element... then a few to play around with his mind, confuse him... with a backup element in case."

"However... the Black and White Swords together are formidable, Nocchi. I've barely scraped the surface of this sword's power so far... there's a lot more waiting to be tapped, and I can use it... and I've no doubt Thor can harness the White Sword's power to an even greater extent, he's had it longer than I've had the Black Sword. If it's us ending it... that leaves too much to go wrong. The Mikaboshi is Chaos, unpredictable, subtle, cunning... just expecting the unexpected won't be enough. You'd have to expect the expected, unexpected and downright impossible... and you'd still miss something. On top of that, we don't know if he's got any reinforcements, subordinates he can call on to divide us."

"So what do we do?" Guinier asked. While the others had been talking, she had recovered enough to emerge from unconsciousness, but she was still in AeroVeedramon form, not her normal Veedramon lower stage.

"First... we heal you," Bedivere said, raising the Black Sword. He knew the blade allowed him to access different techniques, but he wasn't entirely sure of the extent of that ability. Still... he had to try, if only because they needed the Peacemakers ready to fight the Mikaboshi when the time came. The blade lit with power as he focused to try and achieve a technique beyond the normal limitations of his form, a technique to heal and restore his fallen allies.

"Magna Antidote," he spoke, choosing a technique he knew, one he had seen used on several occasions. He focused on it, on the light and warmth, on the feeling of wounds closing, weariness slipping away. White light shone from the Black Sword and embraced Guinier in ribbons of radiance, her bruises fading, cuts slowly knitting together, burns vanishing. She gave a gentle sigh as she felt less weary, but her brother gave a slight groan and fell to a knee, the light fading as he lost his focus and control of the technique.

"Are you okay?" she asked, rushing to his side as he gasped for breath.

"That... was harder... than I thought..." he panted. "I... can cope..." He weakly tried to stand with Guinier's support.

"Bedivere... how are you supposed to help us if you're going to half-kill yourself just healing me?" she sighed. "We'll be fine... don't waste energy. Right now... you and Thor are probably the strongest of us all, so we need you ready to fight this thing." The Slayerdramon managed to stand up, gripping the Black Sword tightly.

"I'm... fine..." he insisted.

"Why do you have to do this?" she asked. "Why do you have to try and act like you're strong enough to take everything? Why, Bedivere?"

"They need me..." he whispered. "I'm someone for them to stand behind, everyone. Against the Diaboromon... against the Royal Knights... back before all this madness, when everything was black and white, I could lead men with me into the crack of doom itself... I have to be strong, to give them hope that there is a victory... that we can win..."

She shook her head and sighed softly. "You're not some superhero, Bedivere. You have to draw the line somewhere... when will you stop putting others first?"

"Who else is there...? I have you... but no-one else. Our parents are dead and gone... the only ones I can protect now are the innocent, the weak and weary. I've fought to protect them in the Council's name... if I can make a different, then I'm happy to serve rather than lead... that's why I turned down the promotions. I don't want to be a bureaucrat behind a desk... I'm better fighting on the front-lines... even though maybe I'd be good as some general... that's not who I am. I'm Bedivere Stormheart... the hero on the front-lines."

"Get some rest," Guinier told him firmly. "You need to recover before you try anything else with that sword." She threw a filthy look at the Black Sword, she mistrusted it. She'd seen how Artorious had been rotted and corrupted by its influence... she worried now that her brother might go the same way if he kept trying to use it, regardless of his intentions.

Then she left his side and went to sit beside the unconscious Caradoc, gently cupping his head in her hand as she stared down at him lovingly.

"What can we do?" she whispered. "We were like nothing to him... how can we win, even with those swords?"

-

"What have you to say?" Siegfried demanded, standing upon the city's ramparts. "And why are the Royal Knights with you, Tyr Koenig?"

"Avalonians, we come in peace, with a warning!" Hector shouted. "The Primordial Chaos has risen! Amatsu-Mikaboshi is free once more! You must let us before the Council now, before it is too late!"

"You aren't coming into this city!" a guard shouted. "Not after all the lives you took in the Siege! My wife's dead because of you bastards!"

"Why should we believe you?" Siegfried questioned. "For all we know this is a ruse to allow another attack."

"We speak the truth," Dagonet replied. "The Primordial Chaos is free once again, and we need you, all of you. The Digital World must take arms and ready for battle, before it is allowed to attack of its own accord."

"Guards!" a noble voice boomed like thunder. The guard of Avalon turned and a simultaneous gasp of shock resounded as the seven members of the Council emerged from their halls, all bearing expressions of worry. The Royal Knights bowed out of respect.

"Council," Hector greeted. "I understand the reluctance of these good men to allow us into the city... but circumstances have changed substantially. The Mikaboshi walks this earth again, and all we Digimon must put aside our differences to defeat it."

"Where is Artorious?" Maccan-Dagda boomed.

"Dead," Percival replied grimly. "He was struck down by the monstrosity along with Sirs Lancelot and Gawain, as well as Lady Guinevere."

"Who, then, speaks for the Royal Knights?" Indra asked.

"I was third-in-command... I speak for we survivors," Hector called. "Council, while the acts of our crusade cannot be forgiven, right now the Mikaboshi is a threat we cannot ignore. For the sake of this world... I ask that you allow us to combat this threat with you."

"I'm still not convinced," Siegfried said.

"They speak the truth," Sei-Ryujin said. "The rise of the Mikaboshi sent shock-waves throughout the world. For a time now, we have all felt the coming darkness... the Holy Host have also felt its coming. Now it seems the time has come... the Mikaboshi walks once again... and you are right, we must put our differences aside to face the chaos as once Odin did." Hector bowed.

"I thank you," he said. "I bring word from Bedivere Stormheart. He has sent a call to arms, for the armies of the world to be amassed and made ready to battle the terror as soon as possible. So I ask for the garrison to be readied, and emissaries sent to your vassal kingdoms with all speed to call their forces to arms. Sir Cador has gone to awake his dragons for war, and Michael Ha'Yisrael goes to Paradise Eden to rouse the angels."

"Very well, Sir Hector," Sei-Ryujin boomed. "For the defeat of the Mikaboshi... we shall put our differences aside to fight beside you. The soldiers of Avalon are at your command until the abomination is defeated once again, or until it triumphs..."

Hotshot

"However... the Black and White Swords together are formidable, Nocchi. I've barely scraped the surface of this sword's power so far... there's a lot more waiting to be tapped, and I can use it... and I've no doubt Thor can harness the White Sword's power to an even greater extent, he's had it longer than I've had the Black Sword. If it's us ending it... that leaves too much to go wrong. The Mikaboshi is Chaos, unpredictable, subtle, cunning... just expecting the unexpected won't be enough. You'd have to expect the expected, unexpected and downright impossible... and you'd still miss something. On top of that, we don't know if he's got any reinforcements, subordinates he can call on to divide us."

Nocchi rolled his eyes and put his hands on his hips. "Look, do ya like the plan or not? 'Cause I can't tell right now. Quit bein' a pessimist!" The Puppetmon bounded over to him as he and Guinier began talking. "Hey! Are you listening to me?!--"

Before Nocchi could continue, Sha grabbed him by the head and lifted him off the ground. "Hey, hey, Nocchi, watch it. Beddy's got a lot on his mind right now...let's give 'im some space."

The Puppetmon grumbled, "But a leader's supposed to be uplifting, ya knucklehead! Hasn't he ever read the Leadership for Dummies Handbook?!"

"Have you?" Sha inquired, with a hint of skepticism.

"I practically wrote that book!"

========================================

"They need me..." he whispered. "I'm someone for them to stand behind, everyone. Against the Diaboromon... against the Royal Knights... back before all this madness, when everything was black and white, I could lead men with me into the crack of doom itself... I have to be strong, to give them hope that there is a victory... that we can win..."

Gigas approached Bedivere as he and Guinier finished their conversation. Biting his lip, the HerculesKabuterimon said, "Hey, um, Bedivere...just because you're our leader doesn't mean that you have to take everything for us. It doesn't mean that we have to cower behind you. I'd much rather stand beside you, as a friend."

The massive insect looked deep in Bedivere's eyes (despite the fact that he, himself, had none). "And that will give us hope. When you can stand beside us, then we will know that we are your true friends, who you trust with your life. And that, Bedivere, will give us hope that there is a victory. That we can win."

Gigas fidgeted, feeling rather uncomfortable. "I may not be very smart...but I do know for a fact that for us to have hope, our leader must also have hope. And faith in us...all of us. This new enemy is stronger than any we've ever faced, and we're going to have to take some chances...maybe even the biggest risk of our lives. But we have to do it. You know that. I know that. We all know that.

"Because, without us, the Digital World is doomed. I don't want to sound smug, or nothin'...but we are the world's last hope. I mean, we beat the Royal Knights, an' this Amatsu-guy trashed them. We're the only chance our world has got...and if I die protecting the Digital World and those I love, I'll be happy."

Gigas smiled down at his leader and friend. "So have hope, Bedivere. We will defeat him...no matter what surprises he has in store for us. We will win. All we have to do is have faith."

Griff4815

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
"Working with the Knights?" Pyra asked, the tone of her voice stating clearly her disdain towards the idea.

"We need all the help we can get," Kheprius insisted. "And they don't seem all Crusade-happy now that Artorius, Lancelot, Guinivere and Gawain are dead."

Pyra regarded Khep's words with mixed feelings. As much as she bitterly hated the Knights for what they've done, she couldn't help but feel... regret at the news of their deaths. It warmed her heart, if only very slightly, at the fact that she didn't relish in their demise. It let her know that she wasn't beyond hope and righteousness... that she wasn't completely and irreparably twisted by hatred and wrath.

"I see..." she said with a hint of loss. "Very well. I'll try not to do anything... rash if I must fight side-by-side with them."

"We've gotta get people evacuating from here," the GranKuwagamon said. "If that dark, chaosy, doomsday guy is on the loose, he'll probably want to come to the most populated place - Avalon - for mass destruction." Kheprius looked down darkly. "I don't know what it was... but something about him is just so foreboding. Anyways, we should get back to the others soon."

Pyra gave Galic a short nod before walking away from his bed and past Kheprius. Once she passed him, the Paildramon turned and looked at the bug digimon. "...Thank you, Kheprius, for what you did in the last fight," she said to him.

Kheprius turned and stared at her, confused. "...I impaled you, Pyra," he answered, bewildered as to why she would thank him.

"It was the only way to stop me... but I think you knew that, didn't you?" she said steadily.

The GranKuwagamon studied her and then gave a short nod, turning back around. "Yeah..." he responded uncomfortably. "I don't think your boyfriend approved, though."

"Boyfr--" she begun, but upon realizing he meant Azur, Pyra averted her gaze. "...Well... thank you, again."

"Nah, no big deal," he said with a dismissive wave of his large claw. A large, playful smirk then grew on his face. "I couldn't let that hot body of yours go to waste, now could I? That would've been the biggest crime of them all!"

Pyra couldn't help but react with a smallest of grins in addition to the roll of her eyes. "Galic, Kheprius, please excuse me. I need to check on something quickly... If I take too long, please leave without me."

With that and her newfound rejuvenated energy, the Paildramon quickly left the hospital ward and made her way to the streets of Avalon.

Tyr, after politefully excusing himself from the Royal Knights, flew over Avalon, particularly in the district where the palace was located. He took several minutes of him circling around the palace for him to find the digimon that he was looking for.

He spotted four Mega-level Greymon walking down a path away from the Council hall entrance, having been relieved from their duties for the rest of the evening. The VictoryGreymon dove down towards them before coming to a clumsy, stumbling stop in front of them. Upon landing, he promptly tripped over his own foot and was sent tumbing into Gunnar.

"What the heck?! Tyr, get offa me!" Gunnar exclaimed, fidgiting as the dragon-man inadvertantly pinned him down.

"Tyr!" Sigurd exclaimed with sheer relief in his voice. "You're okay!" Dhazbog and Ulik smiled at this as well.

Tyr nodded. "Thanks to Khep..." he said, his voice sad from the culmination of all the bad things that had happened in the past day. Pyra's dark evolution and numerous deaths to name a few.

"Uhh..." Tyr started insecurely. "I... need you guys to make a promise for me."

"What's that, Tyr?" Dhazbog asked.

"That we'll get Sig a girlfriend?" Gunnar lightheartedly suggested. "Because we can't work miracles, Tyr-y."

Sigurd growled in response. "Just spit it out, Tyr."

"Right... Um, promise that you guys won't fight Amatsu-Mikaboshi with the rest of the army," he said, looking down at the ground.

"Are you nuts?!" Sigurd protested.

"We're in the army, Tyr," Dhazbog told him, agreeing with Sigurd that their duties had to be fulfilled.

"I know that... But please. Don't fight him with our... your... unit," Tyr pleaded sadly. "For me..."

"That would be desertion..." Ulik said grimly.

Tyr's eyes snapped closed and he balled up his fists. "I... I know! I just don't have a good feeling about this... He's strong... stronger than all of us! I've fought him! I'm worried you guys'll die if you fight him!" he yelled desperately. "I can't lose you guys!"

Sigurd growled. "You selfish--" Dhazbog silenced him with a nudge and a soft shake of his head.

Gunnar stood to his feet and placed his hand on his friend's shoulder. "Tyr... I've never seen you talk like this..."

The VictoryGreymon opened his eyes and slowly removed Gunnar's hand from his shoulder. "I know... but people keep dying. People I care about. I know it's not fair of me to ask this of you guys... you guys want to protect the world as much as I do... but please, just this once..."

"...We'll try, Tyr," Dhazbog answered for the group. The EmperorGreymon's head suddenly turned upon seeing a form walking towards the palace not far from them. Tyr looked as well and saw Azur's form walking in a hurried pace.

The VictoryGreymon looked down at the ground, remembering the wolfman's brother. This action didn't escape Gunnar's notice. "You okay, Tyr? You've seemed kinda... down... since you got here."

"Uhh... It's just... we lost a few Peacemakers... Svarog... and Dunk..."

Gunnar looked down, dejectedly. "The Cerberumon...?"

"Damn it..." Sigurd snarled.

Tyr sighed and turned his gaze back to Azur. "That's his brother... I should go talk to him," Tyr said, trudging towards the WereGarurumon.

=================================================

(OOC: Sorry this is a bit rushed. I'm incredibly tired right now. Just wanted to set up Tundra's post.)

Last edited:

Kamotz

God of Monsters
Michael stood before the trinity of Archangel Lords; Khamael the Seraphimon, Raziel the Ophanimon, and Sachiel the Cherubimon. From their shining thrones they looked on him warily as he related to them the release of Amatsu-Mikaboshi and the subsequent destruction of Camelot. He noticed the way the corners of Raziel and Sachiel's mouths seemed to turn upwards in a nearly-invisible smirk when he mentioned the deaths of Artorius, Lancelot, Guinevere, and Gawain; he could only guess that Khamael was doing the same.

"What do you need?" the Seraphimon finally asked Michael. "Name it, and it shall be done, Hand of God."

"I need an army within the hour," Michael said firmly. "I need the Choir of Deliverance."

"A bold statement," said Raziel.

"We face a bold enemy," Michael countered. "I need the Deliverers. Now."

"Let it be so, then," said Sachiel. "We will gather the Choir of Deliverance and go with you to Avalon to face the Mikaboshi in battle."

"You?" Michael asked. "You're coming?" He was shocked; the Archangel Lords rarely stepped from their shining thrones to mix with the rest of the Host; they almost never descended to Earth; and they never fought beside the armies.

"Of course," said Raziel. "You will need assistance. The burden is too great; you cannot be expected to lead and fight to your fullest. The burden of leadership must be shared."

"Very well," said Michael, but his eyes hardened. "You will, however, follow my every command. This is your realm; I obey here and have no qualms about it. But down there; in battle...that is mine. You will obey my orders when you fight for me."

It was not a question.

The Archangel Lords regarded him sternly for several moments, likely judging whether or not his declaration constituted heresy, blasphemy, or that deadliest of sins--Pride. In the end, however, they realized it was neither of these things. Michael's words stemmed from wisdom and experience, and there was no fault with that.

"Agreed," said Khamael.

"Then ready your blades and let them sing," said Michael. "We go to war."

===

"Ha! I like it! Looks like Strings here didn't actually need a brain after all!" Samael laughed, clapping Nocchi on the back. He stopped suddenly and thought out loud "Or was that the scarecrow? I can never remember these things. Hey, Nocchi, was that you who wanted to be a real boy or am I thinking of someone else?"

Despite his outward show of bravado, Samael was terrified. The thought of facing something like the Mikaboshi was a daunting one. The beast had absorbed so much punishment just moments after being reborn; his power would surely only grow now that he'd been released. Samael had stabbed him in the--supposed--heart, Svarog had sacrificed himself in a magnificent blast, Thor had unleashed a display of power that had awed Samael, Michael had even trapped the Mikaboshi behind the Gate of Destiny.

"Not even Lucifer could break out of that," Samael muttered to himself. "All that, and we still had to run away. Sammy-boy...what they hell have you gotten yourself into?"

===

Thor sailed through the sky and swooped down to fly low over the forest below him. In the distance he saw the massive tree rising up into the sky and headed for its base. He landed quickly and took a moment to stare in awe at the great tree. It jutted from the ground and speared into the sky before exploding into a sea of green leaves and branches. Asgardian myth explained that this tree was a manifestation of the World Tree that connects all the world of the universe. Thor didn't know whether there was any truth to that claim, but legends also spoke of how his father once speared himself to the World Tree for nine days to seek wisdom.

"I do not have nine days," Thor whispered. He thrust the White Sword into the ground and knelt before the shining blade. "But here, more than anywhere else, I feel closest to your spirit, Father. I need your help," he said desperately. "We cannot do this alone--I cannot do this alone. The world doesn't need me, Father, it needs you. And I cannot be you...because I am not. Because no one is. Look at how we fell to war without you...Father, please."

Thor waited, kneeling there as the silent minutes passed, but still nothing rose from beyond the darkness; nothing spoke his name or spoke with his father's voice. And Thor realized that he was completely alone.

"No," he said suddenly. "Not alone. I am a Peacemaker. I am King of Asgard. I am Thor, god of thunder, son of Odin. I am never alone."

"Good," said a voice. Thor spun around and was confronted with the glowing ethereal image of his father. The great old Imperialdramon looked as he had in life; his long silver hair flowing in ethereal winds, his blind left eye seemed to burn like the sun, while the other held a steady gaze and was full of wisdom.

"That is the first lesson," Odin continued. "The first I ever taught you as a boy."

"Father," Thor whispered in reverence.

"Aye, my son," said Odin. "Now you must know the truth..."

storymasterb

Knight of RPGs
"You're right," Bedivere murmured, looking up at Gigas. Despite the HerculesKabuterimon's appearance, the Slayerdramon could sense the noble spirit his fellow Peacemaker held within him. "We do just need to have faith... you're right, Gigas."

And he knew. He finally accepted the whole-heartedly believable truth, that he needed to believe in the Peacemakers as much as they believed in him. Thor believed that, that was why he had relied on his comrades to take the Ouryuken attack in that already-distant battle, because he'd seen that they were strong enough to stand against it, that they didn't need some strong figurehead to be a shield. And now Bedivere realized that fact, he truly had faith in his Peacemakers, his brothers and sisters-in-arms, faith that they were strong enough to stand side-by-side and denounce the chaos, cast the Mikaboshi down in flames and ruin.

That was what they had grown to become. Since that first battle, the battle where they had been cast aside like nothing at all, they had learned and grown, gained greater power and experience. Now they held powers that shook the world, Leviamon, Apocalymon, AncientGreymon, AncientGarurumon, the White and Black Swords... Gigas was right. They were the last hope. They were the strongest group of Digimon upon the surface of the world... the Knights were broken, shattered. The Peacemakers had become greater, stronger... and now they were the defenders of the Digital World, its final hope against the darkness.

"We won't fail..." Bedivere murmured. "I have faith... in us all..." He stood up, his new-found conviction overcoming his exhaustion, and with that conviction he tapped his blade's power and drew it into himself, feeling his strength returning. He saw now why he had weakened himself so, his desire to make himself the shield of his friends had led him to use his own strength to heal Guinier, the Black Sword twisting his desires to force him to weaken himself.

"No more," he said, raising the sword. "We're all strong. And now... I command you... you don't rule me. Heal them... Magna Antidote!" Power flashed from the sword, washing over the Peacemakers, who felt rejuvenated from the energy Bedivere called from the Black Sword. It wasn't a perfect healing, Bedivere was both unfamiliar with how to perform the technique well, and not a healer in any case, but it served to patch his comrades up enough for them to be battle-worthy. Whether that was enough... that would have to be seen...

-

Cador soared through the mountains. Camelot was still visible in the distance, a hellish crater of burning, screaming chaos. The Examon felt a pang of sorrow at the destruction of the fortress, a place which held so much history in his walls, sorrow quickly replaced by determination to defeat Amatsu-Mikaboshi and end this terror before it began.

He swept between the majestic peaks, passing through deep caverns, until finally he came to a mighty, rocky valley. Dragons soared here, their roars shook the snow from the mountaintops around, but Cador drowned out the sound with a mighty roar of his own, a roar that silenced his kin and brought him to their attention as he landed atop a pillar of rock in the center of the valley.

"Dragons!" the Royal Knight roared. "I, your emperor, call you! War calls you all, each and every Digimon upon this world is called to war right now! The Mikaboshi has risen, and it burns to destroy this world and every living thing upon it! We must all stand together, dragons and warriors, Royal Knights and Peacemakers! As your emperor, dragons, I call you forth, to war with me, with the forces of Avalon, with the angels of the Holy Host, with the Peacemakers, against the Mikaboshi, against the very Primordial Chaos itself! War calls you! My subjects, what is your answer?!"

There was an eternal moment of silence.

"YES!" every dragon roared as one, the winged drakes taking flight, the land-based dragons heading toward the network of tunnels that would take them out of the mountains. Cador roared and took flight, soaring at the head of a blanket of dragons which covered the sky with their mighty wings, an army soaring high on wings of war and courage to stand beside the rest of the world against the scourge that was Amatsu-Mikaboshi...

-

Caradoc groaned and sat up, light shining from his form in the wake of Bedivere's Magna Antidote, the Silphymon suddenly finding himself wrapped in a tight embrace from Guinier, who was the only Peacemaker present beside her brother not glowing with light.

"Guinier..." he gasped out, feeling his strength returning as the power of the Black Sword coursed into him, his lover's warm embrace holding him tightly as Guinier conveyed her love and relief through that touch.

"Caradoc..." she breathed to him.

"What happened...?" the Silphymon asked.

"Amatsu-Mikaboshi attacked us and defeated most of us... but I don't know how we got here..."

"Michael teleported us out of there," Bedivere told them. "Svarog sacrificed himself to hold the Mikaboshi back... now we're going out and gathering the armies of the Digital World to face the Mikaboshi and end it, once and for all..."

TheSequelReturns

Faithful Crusader
Lucia watched the horizon, tears forming at the edges of her vision. She had done the headcount herself, she knew that Dunk was missing, but to lose Svarog as well right after she learned of Dunk's death was a heavy toll on her heart. The others had gathered now, but she simply couldn't tear her gaze away from the fading glow on the horizon. She had felt a sense of kinship with Svarog that she herself had never fully understood, and now she wouldn't get the chance to talk to him again.

Duo came up beside her, and placed a hand on her shoulder. He didn't say anything, he didn't need to. He knew that trying to comfort her with words right now wouldn't work, not because she didn't need them, but because he simply couldn't find the right words to say. That was her specialty, not his, and so he did the only thing he could do now, show that no matter what happened, he would be there to help her.

Duo waited until the glow faded. "Come, we should join the others."

Lucia nodded, and turned to follow him, tearing her gaze from the horizon with a silent goodbye.

So, now they had a plan at least. But after seeing what the Amatsu-Mikaboshi was capable of, Duo was having doubts about how this final battle would turn out. When he last fought Artorious, his Reapermon form took control, and he was barely able to do a thing. The Mikaboshi took Artorious out in a single hit. If he was going to be able to fight against that kind of power, he need more control, he needed to learn how to not just resist the Reaper, but force it to his will, to use its power as his own.

Several of the other Peacemakers had already left, going their separate ways to find help against the Mikaboshi. Guiner was here, but she was with Caradoc, and Duo would not interrupt their time together for the sake of a selfish request. Who else could aid him in controlling his power? There was Thor perhaps, but he was off on his own mission. There was also Saria, but he was hesitant to bring her into this. The last time he tried, it had cost him more than he had ever wanted to pay. But when faced with their options, what other choice did they have?

"Trowa," he said.

The bug looked over from where he was seated against a rock. "Huh?"

"I need to ask a favor of you." Duo said.

When he didn't continue, Trowa tilted his head. "Well, what is it? I don't have all day."

"Do you remember the Taomon that aided us back in Avalon?"

"Yeah, what about her?"

Duo reached into his small pouch and pulled out a piece of paper. The paper had the double crescent shape of Saria's shop sign printed on it. "Give this to the Tapirmon who runs the place, that should get you in to speak with her. Tell her that I need her help. Tell her that this time, I'm afraid that I don't have another option."

Trowa hesitantly took the paper. "You're serious about this aren't you?"

Duo nodded.

"Very well." Trowa said as he tucked the paper slip into his scarf, "Just promise me that you'll tell Lucia. I'm not sure she could take losing you too."

Trowa ignited his jet-pack and took to the skies, flying towards Avalon. Duo let his gaze turn to Lucia, who was giving him a curious stare from where she stood. She wouldn't have overheard from that far away, and he didn't want to have to tell her this now, but Duo had made a promise...

He made his way over to her, and soon they were sitting side by side, vaguely watching the others, but keeping their attention on each other. Duo was the first to break the silence.

"Lucia, I need to tell you something."

Lucia didn't seem surprised at all, she merely smiled. "I know, you've been carrying that burden around for quite a while now. When we last spoke, you talked of you self, of your own feelings on the matter, and now... I think I'd like to hear what you have to tell me. Just promise me one thing first."

Duo was a bit taken aback, but he nodded. "Anything."

"Promise me that once you have said what you need to say, you'll answer one question for me."

Duo nodded. "Of course." Lucia smiled, and it was her smile that made Duo wonder what it was that she planned to ask him.

“I’ve told you about the guilt I had from the past, and you helped me get rid of it after so long, but I think I need to tell you what happened before that.” Duo said. “My parents died when I was young, I never really got the chance to know my mother, and my father was barely worth the name. He was a bandit, a rouge. He made his living off of the lives of others, and he tried to have me do the same. Needless to say, I left. I wasn’t comfortable with his life nor the darkness he was instilling inside me.”

“After that, I just wandered for a while. Eventually, I found a little town high up in the mountains. They took me in, gave me a place to stay. I trained at the town’s dojo daily, and it helped put my mind at ease. That was where I meet Rayne and her sister Saria. Saria was nice, but Rayne was different. She captured my heart, and the two of us thought that we’d be together forever. But, it wasn’t going to last.”

“You see, when I left my father I took something of his. I didn’t know at the time, but it was a powerful relic, full of dark energy. I thought it was simply another treasure I could sell to survive, but to my father, that one relic was irreplaceable. He sought me out, him and his band of thieves. They attacked the village, and I went out to meet them. I knew they were after me, after that relic. But I wasn’t quick enough. By the time I made it, they had already attacked the dojo. When I saw his sword pierce Rayne, something inside me snapped. The relic shattered in my hand, and I blacked out. When I awoke, my father lay dead at my feet, and Rayne lay dying in my arms.”

Lucia turned her head down, Duo softly shook his head and continued.

“It wasn’t until afterwards that Saria told me what had happened. When the relic shattered, something inside it had entered me. I became a Reapermon, and I slew my father and his entire crew with a smile on my face, laughing the entire time…”

Duo looked upwards again, setting his gaze on the other Peacemakers. “I told you that so that you would understand what I have to tell you next. I’ve sent Trowa to find Saria. I want to see if she will help me control the Reaper.”

Lucia’s gaze faltered, and he could see the sorrow in her eyes, but she surprised him again. “I understand.”

“You do?” Duo asked.

“Yes, you’re not thinking about yourself, but of what needs to be done in order to help but an end to this madness. I don’t like it, I don’t like it at all, and I wish that was another way, but… I just don’t want to lose you.” Lucia said.

Duo closed his eyes for a moment, “Don’t worry, now matter what happens, I’m not going to leave you. I made an oath to protect you, and I intend to keep it.”

Lucia smiled, “Thank you Duo, but you do remember your promise right?”

Duo nodded. “Yes, you wanted to ask me a question?”

“You promised to answer remember?”

“Yes.”

Lucia took a second before looking Duo in the eyes. “Will you return my love?”

Duo was at a loss for words. “What do you mean?”

“I love you, Duo.” she said. “I have for a while now, and want to spend the rest of my life, however brief it may be, by your side. But I have to know if you feel the same about me. Do feel the same way about me? Do you love me the way that I love you?”

Duo closed his eyes, thinking. How did he feel about her? He had no problem saying that he loved Rayne, but did he fell the same way about Lucia? And he realized, after all this time, that he did feel the same way about her. He wanted to spend time with her, he loved the way she smiled, the way she talked, how she always seemed to know what to say to him.

He opened his eyes. “Yes, I do.” he said, and he could see her face light up, “I love you Lucia, and I want to spend the rest of my life at your side.”

For a moment, they simply stared into each others eyes, the entire world seeming to fade away around them, as if they were the only ones in existence. And then, their lips meet for the first time, the first time of what they both hoped would be many more to come.

Azur looked around before staring at the path to his side, his breath a little uneven but calm. Just a few more corridors, and he would be in the medical room of the castle, where he guessed, hoped that he would find at least one of the three beings that he wanted to see there.

He had arrived just a little after the knights and Tyr did, opting to use his legs instead of flying, not that he wouldn’t have done if he could. He just wasn’t capable of doing the act in any form other than MetalGarurumon X, and he would have used it were it not for Fenrir telling him to conserve energy for their next battle; he would really need it.

He was about to continue his run to the room. The only thing that stopped him was that he had to jump backwards to stop a pink blur from crashing into his side and knocking him into the side of the concrete wall.

“What is wrong with you!?” Azur snarled, his patience and frustration already at its peak. He raised an eyebrow but kept his frown when he recognized the pink blur as the very annoying and screechy MarinAngemon, Valentine, who was usually a Piximon. It perturbed him, strangely, to see tears accompanied with a grimace on his face.

“What is wrong with me!?” Valentine screeched. “What is wrong with you!? You couldn’t even keep your own twin brother from dying!”

His words made Azur blanch out.

“Wasn’t he the most important thing in the world to you!? Aren’t you supposed to love him!? Shouldn’t you have done everything to keep him alive!? But you didn’t! You should have been watching over him like a hawk!? But you weren’t! And he’s dead!” Valentine continued with tears streaming down his eyes.

‘Azur, don’t listen to him,’ Fenrir said, trying to calm the WereGarurumon down. To no avail. The words were hitting the Schattenlicht like bricks.

“You should be ashamed of yourself! It’s your fault that he’s dead! You don’t deserve to be happy!” Valentine cried out before flying out through a nearby window, raining tears on unfortunate pedestrians that had the bad luck to be under him as he flew over them.

‘…Azur?’ Fenrir called out, trying to get a reaction.

Azur just stared at the empty space in front of him. And then he grimaced, looking at the ground he stood on. He suddenly felt disgusted in himself. Because as much as he wanted to disagree…he found that he couldn’t, despite Fenrir’s contradicting remarks. His mind was already occupied with the dark thoughts that revolved around his brother’s death, although it was accompanied by Pyra’s wellbeing. It was worse when he thought that it might have been indirectly his fault.

‘He died to keep you alive, Azur!’ Fenrir said. ‘Doesn’t that mean anything to you?’

…and so it really is my fault he’s dead,’ Azur replied, completely shutting out his mind to keep Fenrir from talking to him. He walked away from the corridor, his face a scowl with miniscule tears in his eyes.

And he left the castle.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Galic stretched his limbs as he pulled himself up from the bed, stretching his muscles. There was still a mild ache to them, as well as in his head, and his breathing was still a bit uneven, but with only that, he could make do. This would mean that he would need less time to recover. Hopefully, that meant that he still had time to catch up with and be of assistance to the other Peacemakers, despite knowing that his mother and his father wanted him to rest more. After all, if there was anyone who knew the effects of Burst Mode on his body better than him, it was his father…but he couldn’t stop using it until he had done his duty as a Peacemaker.

He glanced to the side, spotting Kheprius move closer towards him. The GrandisKuwagamon’s disappearance hadn’t gone unnoticed by the MachGaogamon, even if his senses were hindered by physical pains. He had momentarily wondered where the bug Digimon had gone off to. Unlike Azur, and maybe a few of the other Peacemakers, he understood the reason for what Khep did.

He allowed his senses to finally spread out like he usually did. It was many times easier without the migraine pounding on his head like being under a constant rain of bricks.

Galic gave Khep a nod of greeting, sensing that he had something important to say. "Listen, Galic... Pyra. I just went to the others and Camelot was destroyed by this digimon I've never seen before... He killed Svarog and some of the Royal Knights as well... They couldn't stop him. I think Artorius summoned or released him from something... but the point is he's frigging strong and now we're uniting everyone together to stop him... the Knights included."

The MachGaogamon listened to the GrandisKuwagamon with a calm expression on his face. He allowed the information to fully register in his head before moving onto other subjects, though nonetheless related, at hand.

The news was all kinds of good and bad news to him. On one side…well, there seemed to be an unstoppable force of destruction on the loose, and said force just killed one of the strongest warriors of, not only the Peacemakers, but the world. That was not particularly anything comforting. Not to mention that another death was only going to damper their morale. He may not have been close to Svarog – they barely spoke a few words, if ever, to each other – but he would mourn the death of a great mon.

On the other hand, at least they and the Royal Knights have come to some sort of understanding. Or at least he hoped so. He didn’t want to have to save the world from one menace, only to once again fight the people that he had been trying to stop before it.

And then Galic realized that since they needed help again…he supposed that meant he might have to ask the assistance of the nomads in warfare once again. He wasn’t particularly looking forward to it. The nomads still haven’t recovered from the siege in Avalon. Still, this wasn’t a city, or simply a group of people, that they were talking about anymore. This was the whole world.

It was then that Galic realized that he had started muttering to himself his thoughts. He closed his mouth, not really wanting to start another one-sided conversation with himself in the presence of many others.

Galic’s ear twitched when Pyra gave him a farewell goodbye. He gave her a nod, hoping that what he told her had sunk in. He didn’t really want to have said all that only for her to ignore them.

He then turned to Khep. He was tempted to ask just how he had been able to get to Camelot and then back in a matter of a few minutes, though he suspected that he would find out if he gave it long enough thought.

“Very well, Sir Khep,” he started, giving Kheprius a nod. “I believe that I also have some things to attend to,” he said. He took the GrandisKuwagamon’s hands in his paw in a handshake – a sign that he did not fault the bug Digimon for doing what he did.

And then he left the room, wondering just where Valentine had shot off to right after healing them. He hoped that the MarinAngemon wouldn’t do anything drastic; he may not have known him long enough, but he knew that Valentine tended to overreact at things, particularly and especially when it involved drama shows and the like, he was told by Valentine’s wife…though that sentence may have been an understatement.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Azur halted in his steps, tensing up when he felt a large, scaly hand land on his shoulder. He looked over his shoulder, darkened eyes finding blue ones meeting them.

“You are Dunkelheit Schattenlicht’s brother, yes?” an EmperorGreymon asked. “I am Dhazbog, a friend of Tyr’s.”

Azur blinked, wondering when Dunk made friends with this one. And he frowned, making him realize that he had not spent as much time with his brother as he used to…and he should have.

“Was,” Azur corrected the Greymon with a low voice.

The EmperorGreymon nodded solemnly. “You have my condolences for your loss. Can I ask how you’re faring?”

Azur ground his teeth. He didn’t need someone grilling him on how he was doing. He already had Fenrir for that, although that was only usually for confirmation since the AncientGarurumon had a pretty good sense of what the WereGarurumon was feeling.

“Just dandy,” Azur growled, shrugging off Dhaz’s hand off his shoulder.

Dhaz raised an eyebrow. “You don’t sound like it.”

Azur rolled his eyes. Thank you, mister obvious.

“Sounds like you aren’t acting at all like what your brother would have wanted you to in this situation,” Dhaz added, eyeing him expectantly. He wasn’t about to be disappointed.

“And how would you know what he’d want me to do!?” Azur yelled out. How could this person, who Dunk could have only known for a while, know more than he did, the one that Dunk spent his whole life with?

“He told me. Or rather, he told my two friends over there,” he said, pointing with his thumb at a pair of two other Mega-level Greymons, a ShineGreymon and a BlackWarGreymon. It was then that Azur realized that a curious looking Tyr was just behind the EmperorGreymon. He ignored him for a moment, turning back to Dhaz.

“What…what are you talking about?” he asked, trying to calm down his frustrated mind. It was difficult, but doable.

“The last thing he wants to happen is someone being sad that he’s gone,” Dhaz replied, folding his arms. “He’s not like the most of you lot. It didn’t seem like he was fighting to simply protect everyone. It seemed like he wanted to protect everyone’s happiness, as well.”

“Dunk, you listen right-“

“No! You listen!” Dunkelheit cut him off, his voice loud and stubborn. “Everyone’s sad! I know that! But what am I supposed to do? Just be sad like everyone else?” he asked rhetorically. “I can’t- I won’t do that. I’m tired of being sad! I’m tired of feeling hurt! I don’t care if it’s not fair to everyone else! So why can’t I try to be happy again!? Why can’t I just do something that can help me smile!?” he said loudly, tears gathering at the side of his eyes despite his frustrated expression.

Azur blinked, the words echoing in his mind.

“Because if no one can smile when this is over, then why is anyone even doing this!?”

“…everyone’s smiles…”

“What?” Dhaz asked, hearing Azur’s almost inaudible mutter.

“Don’t die on me, Dunk,” Azur whispered as Dunk’s eyes closed once more.

“Don’t…cry,” Dunk told him through haggard breaths. “Keep…smi…ling…please?”

“He wanted to protect everyone’s smiles…” Azur whispered, looking away. “…no matter what…”

Azur then felt coils wrap around his heart once more. He had already known this, but had forgotten. He had known what Dunk was fighting for. It was similar to his own reasons: to protect those close to him. The war, its reasons and solutions, was never a matter to either of them. But while Azur only kept his reasons close, Dunk’s reasons were far far grander, wherein it involved even those that he had never met.

Dunk was a far nobler Digimon than he ever was.

“Thank you…for reminding me…” Azur told the EmperorGreymon, giving him at least a non-hostile or negative look.

Dhaz gave him a nod, a small smile on his face. “Smile in his memory rather than mourn for his death. That’s how he would have wanted it,” he reminded the wolf man.

Azur nodded back. As much as he knew Dunk would have wanted it, it still felt too early to be able to smile. But he wouldn’t keep on berating himself for this. He steeled himself, knowing that he might still find people that were like Valentine that would blame him for Dunk’s death…even though, somewhere, he still thought it to be true. He won’t let it get to him…won’t let it force him to turn to a darker and lonelier path.

He clenched his fists. Dunk died for him. For his life. He wasn’t going to make it so that Dunk’s death was in vain. And so he decided that he was going to use this life to do what Dunk would have wanted him to do.

And when this war would finally end, he would try to find that piece of his life that would finally help him finally honestly smile.

Griff4815

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
Tyr slowly found himself being drawn closer to the pair. He listened as Dhazbog explained Dunk's goals to Azur. The VictoryGreymon's gaze turned down and he felt a lump growing in his chest. He subconsciously noted that he was right beside the two.

“Smile in his memory rather than mourn for his death. That’s how he would have wanted it,” Dhazbog said, turning around, giving Tyr a nod and then walking back to his friends.

Tyr knew that his friend was right, he often was, but...

"I... I need to talk to you too, Azur..." he whispered, barely able to look him in the eye. "I... just need to say... I'm sorry. Dunk was a good digimon... a great friend. He was always looking out for me and the others... He was-..." Tyr found himself choked up by his emotions.

"...I understand what Dhaz is saying... and I wouldn't want to make Dunk sad... But..." Tears slowly entered the corners of his eyes and pain tugged at his insides. "...How can I smile?" he whispered. "I've been trying to all my life... not for my sake, but for others'... How can I keep doing it?!" he said aloud, a trickle of tears rolling down his face.

Tyr clenched his eyes to stop himself. "Dunk's... He's..." The VictoryGreymon then broke into uncontrolled sobs and he proceeded to wrap his arms around the WereGarurumon's body in a tight, but not crushingly so, embrace. "Dunk's dead!" he cried, "...And Svarog... And half my heroes... And my dad..." Tears streamed down his face, dripping off of his snout onto the canine's vest-clad shoulder.

Dhazbog's gaze softened with sympathy. He felt like he should say something, but he didn't want to interrupt.

"Tyr..." Gunnar whispered grimly, clenching his fist. Though they weren't as big of Royal Knights fans as Tyr, they four Greymon also felt the loss of them, though less so because of their crusade. Dhazbog sighed and walked back to the others, giving Tyr some space.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pyra stood in the open doorway to her house. The large mansion was complete dark and completely empty. There was not a trace that anyone had lived there aside from the various claw marks on the carpet leading up the staircase on the other side of the large room.

"Father..." she whispered, turning around and closing the door behind her. She felt the tendrils of anger grasp at her heart, but she quickly tried to stamp them out by thinking about something else. "No! I can't... I won't become that again. Not for power or for vengance," she thought to herself, jumping into the air.

"...But what if I can't help it? What happens if I can't become my regular Imperialdramon form and can only become that...?" Pyra wondered fearfully as she flew back in the direction of the front of the palace.

"No... I can't think like that. I'm stronger than it... I hope I am... I just need to prove it."

"Yeah, pass it on," Kheprius said to a nearby digimon. "Evacuate all non-military digimon as quickly as possible. Hell, maybe even the military; this Matty guy can match Thor and Svarog..." The GranKuwagamon had since told his nurse to evacuate the wounded. He had even Zone Black Hole'd a few of the larger ones himself.

"I hope that Barachiel guy doesn't get himself killed..." thought Khep. "Not before he tells me just who the hell he really is..."

"Excuse me!" said a high, feminine voice.

Kheprius turned his pincered head in the direction of the voice. He saw the figure of a Lilymon looking at him. "You talking to me?"

She nodded. "You're a Peacemaker and a friend of Gigas Kranatos, aren't you?" she asked.

"A friend?" he asked aloud. "Uhh, maybe. Who's asking?"

"I'm Ivy Tifaret. I... know Gigas," she said, trying not to blush.

"... Are you his girlfriend?!" Kheprius asked incredulously. This caused the Lilymon's face to turn bright red. "No no! I'm just his friend... And I want to help you."

"Yeah? You can help by getting yourself and as many other digimon out of here as quickly as possible," Khep responded dismissively.

"No," she said firmly. "I mean I want to help the Peacemakers fight whatever this thing you're talking about is."

"Yeeeeaah... Not such a good idea, sweetheart. If you really are Gig's girlfriend and something happened to you, which it would if you go up against this thing, he'd crush me like a bug. Sure I've held my own against him before, but - yeesh - Guinivere wasn't pretty no more after he was done with her..."

Ivy regarded him with confusion. Kheprius scratched the orange hair on his head and shrugged. "What I mean is 'No.' Onto a more interesting topic, did Gig deflower you yet? Heheh..."

The Lilymon glared at him, ignoring Khep's words. "I'm not leaving until you let me come with you. Please," she said firmly.

Kheprius rolled his eyes. "Fine, whatever, but if Gigas asks, you overpowered me, got it? We'll say you have a mean right hook. Just hold on tight when I Zone Black Hole back to the Peacemakers."

Pyra landed on the roof of a building near the palace. She looked down at the ground to see Tyr embracing a familiar wolfman not far off. The Paildramon grimaced.

"Azur..."

Last edited:

storymasterb

Knight of RPGs
Vritra crouched atop the Avalonian castle, regarding the evacuations with some distaste. She did not approve of the concept. Call it evacuation, call it a strategic retreat, call it a withdrawal, when it boiled down to it all it really was was running away.

Still... they were only civilians. And to be honest, when battles took place, she would prefer them to be out of the way. That way, she could cut loose without innocents to weigh on her conscience later. She was born to kill, the inferno born from a spark within her incited her to burn and incinerate, to kill and maim. Anything that got in her way when that inferno ruled her would die, there was no question about it.

Still disapproving of the evacuation, the BurningGreymon spread her wings and took flight, soaring away from the city, in the opposite direction to the host of evacuees...

-

Siegfried was currently leading the evacuation efforts, while the Royal Knights took charge of the guard. The MedievalGallantmon sprinted the streets, shouting the order for all to hear, by decree of the Council, all civilians were to evacuate Avalon and remove themselves from the immediate area until ordered otherwise. Many met him with shouts of outrage at being forced to leave their homes, but he simply stared them in the eye and told them, in no uncertain terms, of what awaited them should they remain when the Mikaboshi came to Avalon.

That quelled all arguments.

-

"Soldiers of Avalon," Hector announced, now returned to his Gallantmon X form following a healing by a few of the Holy Host angels enduring in Avalon. "I know that there is bad blood between you and we Knights, but right now... we must put our differences aside. I know that each and every one of you has someone you love... someone you want to protect more than anything upon this world. I tell you now, in no uncertain terms, that if we do not prevail here, every single thing upon this world's surface that we all hold dear will be swept away, reduced to ash and embers by what is coming. The Mikaboshi is the enemy of every living thing that roams the land, soars in the skies and swims through the seas, it will not hesitate to destroy us all if given the chance. But we will not stand by and let it do this to our world, because we will fight it, and we will prevail. All the forces of this world shall stand together against the Mikaboshi, against the chaos, and we will overcome it..."

The troops cheered their agreement, saluting the Royal Knight.

"We shall remain here in the city while we await the forces of the Holy Host, and Sir Cador's dragon subjects," Percival informed them. "Once those forces arrive, we intend to confront the Mikaboshi outside the walls once it arrives, allowing for the complete evacuation of the city before it can attack the citizens. We intend to evacuate the Council..."

"I am afraid, Sir Percival, that we cannot comply with that intention," Sei-Ryujin boomed from overhead as the Council descended.

"I don't know," Loki muttered. "Evacuating sounds good to me."

"Silence, trickster," Maccan-Dagda retorted. "We shall remain here in the city, to provide a final resort against the Mikaboshi should it manage to prevail over your forces before the evacuations are complete, Sir Hector."

"I cannot allow you to remain here," Hector pleaded. "If the Mikaboshi were to kill you, it would break our morale faster than anything else the chaos could employ."

"Sir Hector, long have we respected the Royal Knights in matters of warfare, but on this issue, we are as steel," Ahura Mazda proclaimed. "This city is ours, for many centuries we have ruled over it as one body, guiding its people through the worst times, the greatest threats. To abandon Avalon in the face of the Mikaboshi would be to scorn all that noble history. Not so long ago... the Peacemakers raged against us for not intervening in your Siege. Now we shall honor their words, and stand firm against the Mikaboshi here, in Avalon."

"If you are decided," Pelleas mused. "Then I shall honor your decision, Council." Hector cast the chevalier a glance, but nodded.

"Very well," he spoke. "I accept your decision, Council..."

-

The Mikaboshi stood alone above a great abyss. The chaos-thing stared into the blackness, and it knew, it felt its long-buried servants, their enduring essence that seethed in the void.

The Bancho Blade slid from its arm and was extended over the void.

"Tears of summer rain; enduring loyal servants; be reborn to me," it whispered into the emptiness as the runes upon the blade lit with a glow of power, six fiery sigils appearing upon the shadow and writhing, twisting with chaos and power.

The sigils expanded, forming into six bodies, six mighty forms of chaos and burning writhing energies...

Azur unconsciously tensed up as Tyr’s arms went around him. He wasn’t a really good listener, nor did he have any experience soothing others, but he knew that the sympathetic and friendly dragon man felt Dunk’s death very strongly. That was probably why the WereGarurumon allowed himself to relax slightly, lifting an arm to lightly pat Tyr’s back. He kept himself in calm, and hopefully comforting, silence, for once not really minding the show of intimacy between someone other than his twin. Maybe it was because of how much Tyr reminded him of Dunkelheit a lot.

It was only when Tyr pulled himself back from the hug, sniffling, that Azur opened his mouth to speak.

“I…don’t know how,” he replied to Tyr’s question, looking at his feet. "Right now…I don’t know how to smile. I’ll just…keep moving forward.”

He then raised his head, looking at the dragon man. “But I’ll look for it,” he said determinedly. “My reason to smile. Not because someone told me to – because he won’t need to. Not because I have to for others – because I'll want to. To smile. For myself. Because I don't want to lie.”

Silence was pregnant between the two Digimon for a while, with Azur looking into Tyr’s eyes with the fire that told of the resolve in his words.

“…because Dunk wouldn't want me to...because he wanted me to really...really be happy,” Azur whispered, unable, or maybe unwilling, to hide the pair of tears on his eyes.

The WereGarurumon turned away, but didn’t walk away just yet. “Just ask…what would they want you to do? …and what would you want them to do if you were in their place?” he asked the VictoryGreymon. “…think about it.”

Then Azur walked away, sighing and shaking his head. Galic was beginning to rub off on him in more ways than one. He wasn't sure if that was an entirely good thing. He then looked up to see he sky, so blue and serene like the calm. And he blinked.

He stopped when he recognized a familiar figure on a rooftop in his sights.

“Pyra,” he whispered.

Griff4815

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
Tyr stood there, looking in shock at Azur as the wolf digimon turned around. He understood what Azur was saying and he knew that he spoke the truth, but the pain still remained in VictoryGreymon's chest. He was grateful for the WereGarurumon's words, as they did sooth his soul, if only slightly.

"I need to keep doing what I'm doing," Tyr whispered. "Protecting people... I need to be like the Royal Knights were back before the Crusade. Even if I can't be happy right now."

The dragon-man tensed up upon hearing a familiar voice echo through the streets. "Squad Horn! Get over here! Sergeant!"

"Uhh, Captain Mars, sir!" Dhazbog said, whirling around in the direction of his superior's voice.

A hulking EmperorGreymon came walking over. "Yeah, you four..." His gaze turned to Tyr. "... Lance Corporal Koenig? Are those... tears on your face?!" he said, scowling.

"No no!" Gunnar said dismissively, walking over to Tyr and putting an arm around his neck. "That's just sweat. It's not easy being a Peacemaker, sir." Meanwhile, Tyr's heart was beating furiously, terrified that the Captain was going to take his friends to the frontline.

The larger EmperorGreymon nodded. "Good... I was worried he was shaming the Greymon Alliance in front of the world's best in this time of chaos. Anyways, I've got a special job for you four, and I know you won't like it, but it has to be done. You guys are to escort the evacuees out of Avalon, understood? No whining, no complaining, just do it."

Sigurd stifled a groan while the others nodded in compliance. "Understood, sir," Dhazbog said. "Good luck." The five, Tyr included, quickly saluted Captain Mars as he walked back in the direction he came.

"You got your wish, Tyr," Ulik said to the VictoryGreymon with a nod as he and the others began to move towards the fleeing citizens.

To Tyr's own surprise, a smile crawled onto his face. "Yeah..." he said as he wiped the tears from his face and sniffed. "I did."

Kheprius, with Ivy securely positioned in his large hands, appeared from a Zone Back Hole into the scorched field where the Peacemakers last were. The GranKuwagamon landed in front of Gigas and presented to him the Lilymon.

"Your boyfriend, your highness," he said to her, outstretching his claws and placing her in front of the large HerculesKabuterimon. Khep then flew beside Gigas and whispered into his ear. "You're a lucky bug, Gig... but that one's stubborn... and has a mean right hook."

Kheprius then turned to the Peacemakers around him. "The Royal Knights are in charge of the army now and the civilians of Avalon are retreating. They're expecting that Amatsu prick to advance on Avalon. That's where it's all going down..."

"Now excuse me, I should go gather the stragglers," he said, referring to the Peacemakers still in Avalon.

Tyr watched anxiously as his friends disappeared behind the hordes of citizens they were escorting as they evacuated. As relieved he was that they wouldn't be fighting, there was still a chance that something could go wrong. Back before he joined the Peacemakers, Tyr never would have ever expected anything would go wrong, but now...

Kheprius appeared from a spacial rend in the sky above him. The crackling dark colour caught Tyr's eyes, causing him to look up. "Khep!" he called out, waving his left arm, as his right now carried the Dramon Breaker.

The GranKuwagamon flew down and landed in front of him. "Fancy seeing you here... I see you're not half-dead anymore. Last time I saw you, your chest had more holes than your head does,"

Tyr half-grinned sheepishly. "I'm glad you're okay too, Khep," he responded.

"... I'm not sure what part of that insult brought you to that conclusion..." Khep said, narrowing his eyes. "...Ready for this next battle, Tyr? The Royal Knights are seeing eye-to-eye with us now... so if we can beat this guy, all'll be well again."

The VictoryGreymon felt hope at the prospect. His gripped tightened resolutely on the large sword in his right hand. Kheprius noticed this and folded his arms. "Word of advice, Tyr... And I've noticed this from our battles, especially the one between you and me... You shouldn't favour your right hand so much when using the Dramon Breaker."

"Why not?" Tyr asked, looking down at his hand along with the sword's hilt.

"You're not very versatile... That's partially why they gave you the nickname 'Brick Wall of Fire', isn't it?"

Tyr blinked in confusion. "That's not why they gave me that--"

Kheprius cut him off. "Yeah, yeah, nevermind. The point is if something happened to your right arm when it's the only one you use, you're pretty much screwed for the rest of the fight. You'll end up dead if you can't use your left hand as well as your right."

"Really?" Tyr asked, moving the Dramon Breaker from his right hand to his left.

"Yeah. I'll give you some pointers." Kheprius then pulled him into the more open part of the street and began instructing the VictoryGreymon.

Pyra stood atop the roof, looking down at Azur. As he turned around and looked up, she tensed. Her red eyes met his and a silence seemed to overtake the world. A part of her wanted turn and run, but she knew she couldn't.

For what seemed like several minutes, they two stood rigid in their places, staring at one another. "Can I face him?" she wondered, looking down at the WereGarurumon. "...After Dunk? ...After what I became?"

/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/

“And in any case, Pyra, neither Dunk’s death nor your brother’s is your fault. At least not more than my own, or Bedivere’s, or Thor’s, or anyone else in our little group,” Galic said, placing a paw on the hand that Pyra left on his bed. “But we don’t forget those that gave their lives for the sake of someone else. With their smiles in our memories, we carry on the burden our shoulders that they sometimes unknowingly leave us…but that does not mean we have to carry it alone,” he told her, offering her a smile. “I’m sure there’s someone who would very much like to help you carry the world that’s on your shoulders right now.”

\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\

"Azur probably feels as badly as I do, right now... As I did when I lost Max..." Pyra thought grimly.

She sighed and outstretched her wings, flying off the rooftop and flying down to the ground. Upon landing Pyra started to slowly walk towards him as collectedly as she could. The Paildramon continued looking deep into his eyes as she approached.

"Azur..." She stalled momentarily after speaking as she tried to place her words. "I'm so sorry... about Dunk. And about everything..." she said, still looking into his eyes with genuine guilt and empathy.

Pyra stopped in front of him, her eyes still locked with his. "When Max died, you were there for me... but I pushed you away when I was consumed by my anger and wrath. ... Now your brother's dead. ...I want to be here for you like you were for me... and I hope you don't make the same mistake I did."

The Paildramon took a step closer to him.

"Azur... You shouldn't be asking if I would accept you... I should be the one asking if you would accept me..."

Pyra took his paw in her hand. "Because I'll always accept you..." She took another step towards him.

"And I love you..."

Last edited:

Kamotz

God of Monsters
The skies above Avalon opened as the Choir of Deliverance descended upon the battlefield. At the choir's head soared Michael; he was flanked by the three Archangel Lords. They were followed closely by three other archangels: Raphael, Gabriel, and Uriel, each of whom led a quarter of the Choir. Alongside them flew the black-armored archangel Azrael, leading the last, similarly-black-clothed portion of the Deliverers.

Michael and the seven gathered archangels descended together to stand with the leaders of the Avalonian forces. They moved in perfect order, breaking apart and coming together in perfect symmetry and synchronization. Above them, the Choir of Deliverance circled in ever-widening concentric circles. The spiraling chorus of angels was immaculately timed and practiced; their discipline was absolute.

"Knights, warriors, soldiers of Avalon," Michael announced as he and the archangels floated in place. "We stand with you now on the eve of our oblivion. You fight now not just for your way of life, or your lives, or the lives of your loved ones. You fight now for your very right to exist. You fight for the future existence of this entire world! Let the world shake and the earth crack with your roars. Let the entire universe hear you, from the hallowed halls of Heaven to the blackest pits of Hell."

"What wrath in your voice, Hand of God," Azrael taunted.

"What envy in yours, Angel of Death," Michael countered.

"Your Peacemakers are not among these soldiers," Azrael pointed out smugly.

"Concern yourself only with this battle if you wish to live," Michael snapped. "This Mikaboshi broke through the Gate of Destiny and took the life of Svarog. I do not believe you are such a greater threat to it."

Azrael was made silent by this reply and Michael turned his stoic gaze to the horizon, where a black hurricane raged. He could feel the void at the heart of it; twisting and churning, the writhing chaos.

PeeGee

ROAWR!
Kole let out a sigh as he just stood there, not really having anything to do but wait for the battle. He clicked his fingers, and watched as sparks danced around them.

Stop being boring. I demand that you destroy something

Kole rolled his eyes and continued to watch the sparks. He found that the voice was ever so slowly starting to get on his nerves.

I said destroy something!

"Shut up!" yelled Kole.

Suddenly realising that he had yelled out loud, Kole quickly looked around to see if anyone had noticed.

Someone's a bit touchy

Kole let out a growl and tried to ignore the voice.

You can't ignore me, I am inside your head