• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Digimon Unholy Crusade (RPG Thread)

storymasterb

Knight of RPGs
The Royal Knights, the Choir of Deliverance, the soldiers of Avalon, they all awaited, watching the raging storm on the horizon.

Then mighty roars shook the world, and all turned to behold the majesty of Cador at the head of the army of his dragons, the drakes soaring in above the Choir with a series of roars, weapons being drawn and made ready for battle as Cador swooped down to join his fellow Knights.

"I bring the mightiest of my dragons to stand with us," he informed Hector. "All the valleys of the mountains are empty, the dragons are all here, at our side."

"Angels... warriors... dragons..." Hector mused, still staring at the Mikaboshi's storm. "But is it enough?"

"You're forgetting us!"

Startled, the Knight turned to see a crowd descending on the army, a crowd of humans and Digimon. The Tamers.

"Why have you not evacuated?" Pelleas called to them. The Coronamon-partnered 'Digidestined' stepped from the crowd, evidently taking a leading role.

"'Cause we're gonna fight with you guys," he declared.

"No, you will not," Hector replied. "There is no room for argument, we will not let you fight the Mikaboshi. This is a foe you cannot understand, and if you face it, you will die."

"You think we're so naive?" another Tamer said, stepping out, his Monodramon partner just behind him. "You think we don't know that? This is a war, and we know there will be casualties. But this is a battle we all have to fight, together."

"We won't let you go it alone," the 'Digidestined' added. "You need our help."

"This isn't your world," Dagonet boomed. "It's not your home at stake. You have no reason at all to fight and die here, so leave."

"Tamers, we will not see you dead at this terror's feet," Maccan-Dagda said. "After all that has happened... we won't let you die. Not now." The 'Digidestined' gave a pitying glance to the assembled Digimon, a sorrowful look.

"You just don't get it," he replied, staring Hector in the eyes, fixing each of the Knights, Council and Archangels with the same look. "It's not just your world. It's ours too."

"The Mikaboshi has no interest in your world," Khamael declared.

"How can you know that?!" another Tamer shouted, this one accompanied by a Lopmon, which he cradled in his arms as he spoke. "You don't see it! Even though you all say this thing's so terrible and destructive and all, you think it'll spare our world?!"

"It cannot reach..." Constantine began.

"It can," Hector realized. "A door... there are gates between our world and that of the human world, the way through which they came."

"Doors can be walked through both ways," the 'Digidestined' said. "You see? If you lose here, it's not just your loved ones, your friends, your world at stake. It's our loved ones, friends... our homes, our families, our world as well. We talked about it, once we heard this thing was coming, and we decided, all of us. The ones who don't wanna fight are already outta here. It's us left, the ones who'll fight with you to protect our worlds, both of them. So let us fight... we have that right as much as all of you."

Hector considered it, and it was a terrible decision to make, but they were right. Their world was as much at stake as the Digital World, the human military would be unable to compete with the Mikaboshi.

"Very well," he said. "You may fight beside us, Tamers... just be careful. This is a foe you cannot underestimate..."

"We will," the 'Digidestined' replied as the Tamers cheered, taking up positions beside the Digimon as they prepared to fight, Digimon and humans standing side-by-side against the chaotic scourge approaching.

-

They appeared from the chaos, the six Lords who served Amatsu-Mikaboshi, their eternal king.

Six Digimon of chaos formed, Chaosdramon, ChaosGallantmon, ChaosMetalSeadramon, ChaosBlackWarGreymon, ChaosPiedmon and ChaosUlforceVeedramon, the mighty Chaos Lords.

Tiamat, Mordred, Typhon, Zahhak, Yam Lotan and Ophion rose, arrayed in their dark glory, kneeling before their master.

"Tearful day of blood; bitter rain of sorrow; let the world weep," the Mikaboshi whispered, staring out toward Avalon, the city upon the horizon. "Order rules the day; choking candle in night; the flame now dies."

"To war?" Mordred asked, the dark knight rising, a shadowy, chaotic perversion of Hector's regal glory.

"Is that the way?" Ophion added, spreading his wings, his mutilated, demonic form a mere shadow of Guinier and Tristan's own forms. The Mikaboshi did not even consider, its path already decided by millenia of imprisonment.

"Their hour at its end; so desperate against night; so hasten their end," it said, the poetry carrying its intent as it glided forth toward Avalon, the six Lords following in its wake...

Galic had to jump down the wall that survived the siege. The wall faced the forest, where the nomads took residence, or rather, used to hide themselves in when they wanted rest or had nothing else to do. Though a number were either out working on the town or doing one task or another, the high elders decided to stay there until the war was over. Of course, now that it was technically over, they, as well as the nomads who have decided not to stay in Avalon as some did, would be obliged to leave.

However, Galic had one more favor to ask…one more task for him to plead their assistance in. He wasn’t exactly sure what to expect; the elders definitely had the wisdom, but whether they would listen to reason was a question in itself. He was already stretching their trust in him by asking for the nomads’ help in this task, something they weren’t obligated to do for him since he basically abandoned them. Still, it was either help tip the scales a little more or just hide while the battle to save what was probably the whole digital world happen. And while the nomads were very good at hiding, many proved themselves to be far from cowards.

It was while Galic was beginning to see more trees and darkness than space and light and hear more silence than the city hubbub that the MachGaogamon stopped. There was a strange ambience, a weird and creepy feeling in the air. It broke through his calmness to instill a slight feeling of nervousness.

“…You’re around…aren’t you?” he called out, the question sounding more like a statement. A twig snapped in one direction out of his line of vision, but he didn’t even glance at it.

“I can’t believe you just let him die.” It was the visitor once again. Galic clenched and unclenched his fists.

“Neither can I, to be honest,” Galic replied.

“Now what am I supposed to do? I can’t exactly talk to the dead. Though it probably would be amusing to be able to.”

“I don’t regret anything I did,” the MachGaogamon replied. It was mostly true; in the end, he still felt justified in not letting this…sort of acquaintance of his meet with his late apprentice.

“Shame…that means I’m going to need to find someone else to entertain myself with. I know, what about the brother?”

“I do not want you anywhere near Azur.” Galic narrowed his eyes.

“Too late, remember? And I thought you were the intelligent one. Besides, I was bored. In fact, I’m rather unexcited at the moment.”

A clicking sound.

Galic’s eyes widened, and in just in the nick of time, he stepped back and turned his head. He felt something hot graze his cheek, and then saw whatever that something was strike a trunk of a tree, leaving a small hole.

“You-“

“I knew you could dodge it,” was the reply, and somehow, Galic could hear him grin. “Besides, if I really wanted you to die, you’d already be dead.”

Galic finally turned to the visitor, and he could somehow see the silhouette of his attacker through the shade of the dark trees. He gave him a glare.

“That look on your face will have to do until I find something else to occupy myself with. Or maybe I’ll just watch you; you’re quite interesting too. Just remember that you don’t want to see me bored.”

“And you do not want to see me angry,” Galic replied lowly. There was something about this person that just made him lose his patience.

“Au contraire, it might be the highlight of my day to see you red in the face.” He didn’t sound like he was lying. Galic decided to just drop it. He had important matters to do.

“Leave me be. There is a problem that needs to be dealt with,” Galic said as he turned away and started to walk.

“A problem?” The entity followed him, though he stayed in the shadows. His voice, however, was loud and clear in the then silent forest. “Maybe I could help.” There was a tone in his voice that Galic didn’t like. At all.

“I know better than to make deals with the likes of you,” Galic said as he picked up speed.

“You may be,” the voice teased. “But there others that aren’t as smart.”

Galic almost halted, but continued on. The statement nagged at him, but he couldn’t let it bother him now.

“The silent treatment now, I see? I thought you weren’t this immature,” the voice said. Galic didn’t grace him with a reply. “Fine, fine, just one thing then.”

Silence.

Then Galic felt a chill run down his spine, and suddenly, there was breathing down his neck and a singsong voice right beside his ear. “Don’t die.”

With wide eyes, the MachGaogamon spun around in record speed, but he failed to see, let alone catch, the one that was just behind him a mere second ago. He shook his head and regained his calm exterior. He then turned around before continuing on, beginning to hear the slight rustle and footsteps that told him that he was getting close to the nomad camp. He couldn’t help but look over his shoulder just before going to the first nomad that he could find that could lead him to the high elders.

---------------------------------------------------------

Azur listened quietly, finding that it was…a bit hard to keep himself from looking away. He couldn’t help it. He was nervous. He was afraid. Back then, back in the dome, he had revealed so much without even thinking about it.

Did he regret it, though?

No. He didn’t.

Despite that…despite the fear, he was also so relieved. So so relieved that she hadn’t died. And so extremely happy for it. That she didn’t leave him alone. Those feelings filled him up so much that her words barely registered in his head, even when she got closer to him and took his paw in her hand.

And as for her words…well, she already knew, didn’t she? He already told her. He’d love her no matter what. He didn’t blame her for anything. And even if he did, he wouldn’t have loved her any less. He wasn’t able to. He simply couldn’t.

And then those words.

All those thoughts were thrown out the window once she said those last four words. And suddenly, he was filled with a different need. He knew what he wanted to do. It’s what he had been wanting for a very long time. At least, he thought that was it. And as much as he wanted to do that, he wasn’t exactly sure he should. So he settled for something else.

Without even giving her a warning, he pulled her in his arms, pressing her against his chest and burying his muzzle into the side of her neck. He nuzzled the skin near his face, letting the sensation of heat sitting in his chest spread throughout his body, and hopefully through hers as well. He let one of his arms enclose her waist, whilst the hand of the other reached up to hold her the back of her head. For a second, she didn’t seem to react, but then he felt her own arms close around his torso, finding their way under his torn and tattered red vest to reach the fur underneath. And then he felt pressure on his shoulder, which he assumed was her head pressing against it. Her touch, even through the armor, was warm, soothing and calming on his body. He unconsciously let out a breath, letting warm air caress the skin that was close to his muzzle.

For what seemed like minutes, hours, days, they stayed in that intimate position, reveling in each other’s presence and warmth.

“I…” he suddenly heard himself say, breaking the peaceful silence that had come between them. He couldn’t seem to bring himself to let go. He sighed. This, the intimacy and closeness, only made him want to do what he wanted even more so. Just what was stopping him?

And then he realized the answer. Nothing.

He pulled his head back, but not letting the arm around the Paildramon’s waist retract. He wanted it there…liked it there, and hopefully, so did she. Putting a rough but warm paw on the side of her helmet, he looked into her eyes. Expectant. Wanting. Just like his own. Tentatively, let his free hand raise her helmet, just enough to let him see her face. Azur licked his lips, drawing his face closer to hers. He felt one her hands leave his body to hold the back of his neck.

Just before he could feel even the barest hint of contact, he said in a low, emotion-filled voice.

“I love you, Pyra.”

Relief. Excitement. Happiness. Unbridled joy. Such emotions welled up in his heart as the warmth all over his body grew. And just in that one, simple, loving and passionate kiss…and hopefully, that was just one of many to come.

------------------------------------------------------

(OOC: If no one posts by the time I get back from class, I'll edit in a second section of Galic's part.)

TheSequelReturns

Faithful Crusader
Some time earlier...

Saria looked up from her table. Her tea still sat steaming, barely touched. The rows and rows of scented candles that lined the edges of the room filled the blue space with the scents of lavender and wildflowers, but her mind was anything from calm. She had been having troubling visions as of late; the future was constantly changing from bad to worse every time she looked, and she was beginning to fear for the Peacemakers, for Avalon, for the world. Her meditations had seen nothing but sorrow and destruction and blackness. But among all the chaos, there was a small thread that continued to nag the back of her mind.

She was needed, that was all there was too it. If she stayed, her visions guaranteed destruction, but if she went, the future became clouded and uncertain. She was willing to bet on that uncertainty rather than do nothing and hope for the best. The Peacemakers; they had seemed to be in the middle of this from the very beginning and a part of her regretted not joining their cause when she had the chance, but it wasn't to late to lend her aid to one of them, one of them whom she knew rather well...

Saria gathered her things and proceeded up the stairs. The Tapirmon clerk turned to her, surprised to see her up at this hour of the night. He was just washing down the counters before he left...

"Nari, I need you to watch the store for me for a few days, there is something I have to attend to."

The clerk, Nari, turned to her. "At this hour of the night?" she seemed concerned, but her face soon softened. "Alright, I trust it must be of utmost importance then, I wont trouble you for an explanation."

Saria bowed slightly. "Thank you Nari, I promise I'll repay the favor when I return."

"Safe travels, Miss Whitewind." Nari said.

Saria turned and left the store, her small pouch the only thing she carried. She knew the direction the Peacemakers had left in, she hoped that she would be able to catch up to them...

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Present...

Trowa was just getting up to speed when he saw the small form of a Taomon walking along through the plains. There's no way... he thought as he lowered altitude for a closer look. To his amazement, the figure looked up at him and waved.

"Trowa, is that you?" she called.

There was just no way, he thought, how could she have...

"Yeah, its me." he said as he landed. "You wouldn't happen to be Saria would you?"

The Taomon nodded, "Yes, Its me. Did Duo send you?"

Trowa tilted his head in confusion. "Yeah, how'd you know?"

Saria smiled, "I thought as much. How far ahead is he, I need to speak with him."

"That's not really an answer..." Trowa said.

Saria shook her head. "No time to explain, just take me to him. I promise I'll explain later."

"That better be a promise." Trowa said as he took to the air again. "Here, I'll carry you, if you don't mind."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trowa and Saria landed among the other Peacemakers. They made their way over to Duo and Lucia, who were sitting together on a rock near the edge of the group. As they approached, Trowa could see something different about them. That reservation had left Duo's posture, and Lucia seemed more at ease than usual.

"So, did you two finally hook up?" Trowa asked.

Duo turned around, surprised to see him back. "That was fast..." Duo started before his gaze fell on Saria. She had a smile on her face from Trowa's remark, and she almost seemed to be fighting back a laugh.

"I see you two are doing well." Saria said. "I admit, I was worried for a little while, but I'm glad to see that you two are alright."

"The same goes fro you Lady Saria, Its nice to see you again." Lucia said.

Saria's happy expression started to fade however. "I'm sorry, I would really love to talk to you for a while, but I'm afraid that we don't have much time."

Duo's expression hardened as well. "Then you know why I wanted you here?"

"Its the same reason I came on my own." Saria said. "To help you control the reaper."

"Will it really be alright?" Lucia asked. "Can you really do it?"

Saria nodded. "I believe that it is possible, but there may be a toll. Strong spirits such as the reaper tend to demand compensation for their cooperation."

Trowa tilted his head. "Huh?"

"She means it won't help us for free." Lucia said.

"I knew that." Trowa said. Jeez, never thought she'd be explaining things to me...

"Are you ready to begin?" Saria asked.

Duo nodded. "Yeah, let's do it."

storymasterb

Knight of RPGs
He knew.

Bedivere felt the world tremble, felt the very balance of order and chaos quake at the rising of the Chaos Lords beside their master.

"They're here too..." he murmured, staring at the Black Sword, which resonated in response to the chaotic energies flowing across the world.

"Who's here?" Caradoc asked, now returned to his Valkyrimon form. Guinier was still holding him closely though, now in her UlforceVeedramon form, apparently at some point over the previous battles she had gained enough power to make this her base form.

"I don't know exactly... bu they're powerful," the Slayerdramon murmured. "They're connected to the Mikaboshi somehow... servants? Allies?"

"That thing needs help?" Caradoc said with a hint of amusement. "After it decimated us alone?"

"If they followed my instructions... then it'll be facing an army," Bedivere pointed out.

"It defeated armies in the past," Guinier murmured. "Those stories of it... the legends... and even Odin couldn't kill it. How can we manage it?"

"We have things on our side that Odin didn't... for a start... this," Bedivere mused, spinning the Black Sword in his grip, observing the interplay of light and shadow around the artifact. Both were distorted by it, as if the chaos bleeding from the weapon bent the laws of the world slightly.

"That sword is as much an aspect of chaos as the Mikaboshi itself," Caradoc pointed out somewhat sternly.

"That doesn't mean I can't turn it on the Mikaboshi." There was a cold edge to Bedivere's voice which none of them had heard before, an edge that made Caradoc pull from Guinier's embrace and stare the Slayerdramon in the eye.

"Artorius was corrupted by that sword's power," the Valkyrimon said softly. "Tell me... will you follow him down that path, Bedivere? Because if you do..." He drew the Feral Sword, and held it in a tight grip. "You know that I'll come after you with this sword, and I will stop you. It might break all our hearts... but I'd do it, and I'm sure that all of us would do the right thing. That blade is a poison... it might make you powerful, but it tears at your soul to use it, until finally you become as much a monster as the Mikaboshi, or Millenniummon, or any number of the terrors that have ravaged this world across time."

"I won't fall."

Caradoc sheathed his sword again, regarding the dragon knight with a hint of doubt. "It's easy to say that... but... somehow I feel it's much harder to follow those words through." He turned away. "Just remember, Bedivere... you won't notice what you're becoming... you'll believe things to be the same, until it's too late to turn back. How can you promise that you won't fall if you won't notice the change...?"

He strode away into the field, towards a cracked and ruined fence, with only remnants to show it had been there. He stood against the charred, cracked posts, staring out across the ravaged world, a jet-black specter with eyes of fire and courage. He no longer wore the visor normally associated with Valkyrimon, that visor was gone. His face would no longer be hidden behind that mask out of shame, and he had changed in other ways. Rather than the slight slump he had once stood with, he now stood proud and tall, assured of his own strength and good will, and where once his eyes were filled with pain and sorrow, he now looked out with a burning desire to help the world, to free the oppressed with the power he now wielded.

He was no longer merely the shamed son, rather a free, determined man who wanted to carve his own fate by saving those who needed saving. He was a Peacemaker, a Royal Knight... but neither of those things mattered. One way or another, he would fight to protect those who needed protection.

He knew she was there. No matter how silent she was, she could never surprise him, he always knew, and so he was prepared for the arms which wrapped around him, the warm breath which caressed his neck for a moment before she laid her head upon his shoulder blade, crimson eyes staring at his face. Her wings unfolded out, wrapping around them both in a cobalt shroud as they stood there.

"Caradoc..." she breathed. "Do you think we can win this battle?" He turned his head and looked into her beautiful crimson eyes, his hard gaze softening as he stared into their depths and beheld her soul, so filled with love for him.

"Yes," he replied truthfully. "We have so much power on our side, the White and Black Swords, Tiwaz, Fenrir, Apocalymon, Leviamon, ClavisAngemon, Seraphimon... we're probably the strongest group of Digimon on this planet right now, bar the Mikaboshi and these 'servants'... we stand the best chance of winning."

"But you don't know for sure..."

"We can never be sure," he sighed. "I heard a story about a swordsman, once, who fought an inexperienced youth, and was killed because he slipped on a loose stone at a critical moment. No matter your power, no matter your skill... you can never be entirely sure. But... be sure of this, I love you... and I always will, no matter how this ends." He reached up and gently laid a hand on her cheek, just standing there as she held him with arms and wings, nuzzling against his neck as he looked back up at the clear blue sky.

It was sad that such a perfect day would host the return of the Mikaboshi, and all the heartbreak to come...

-

They stood assembled, Digimon and Tamers alike, the army of the world gathered for the battle to decide their fate.

And from the horizon came seven dark forms, Amatsu-Mikaboshi and the Chaos Lord. The seven Digimon of chaos brought with them shadow and cloud, lightning and storm, as the world itself reviled their presence with its rage and hatred. Burning bolts shattered the air with their passage, as earth-shaking roars boomed and crashed from the ominous shroud of the black storm.

The Choir of Deliverance, the dragons, the soldiers of Avalon and the Tamers stood firm as rain began to pour, as lightning flashed and thunder boomed, they readied their weapons, knowing there could be no compromise, no diplomacy. No words could be exchanged, only blades and blood and death.

Light flashed from among the ranks of Tamers, as dozens of voices spoke as one.

"Biomerge Digivolution! Activate!"

From the light emerged numerous Mega Levels, the human-Digimon hybrids standing ready beside the true Digimon. Humans and Digimon stood together now, even the Royal Knights would fight beside humanity in this last, desperate battle for their very right to exist.

The Royal Knights stood assembled at the forefront of the army, readying their weapons.

"Seven of them?" the now-Biomerged 'Digidestined' scoffed as flame billowed around him, but it was all bluster and false courage. Fear stabbed into their hearts at the silence of the Chaos Digimon, at the aura of cold, steely malice they emitted. These were serious foes, and all present sensed the power radiating from the Mikaboshi as he unsheathed his sword and cannon, hovering like some dark herald of Armageddon, of Meggido, of Ragnarok, of the world's end and the death of all things.

"Open fire!" Hector commanded. Attacks rang out over the field, fire, ice, lightning, missiles, gunfire, all variety of ranged firepower spoke as one towards the seven.

Amatsu-Mikaboshi raised his sword, which lit with power. "Thus comes the howl; void of mattered existence; see the Bancho Blade." The blade tore a burning arc of chaos as it swung, unleashing an energy bleed which ripped through the shots as they rang towards him, creating a fiery smokescreen between him and the assembled forces of the world.

The Chaos Lords reacted in various fashions. Tiamat the Chaosdramon merely let the blasts and projectiles hammer against her Red Digizoid plating, safe in its near-unbreakable protection. Mordred the ChaosGallantmon acted much the same, defending with his Gorgon shield, though occasionally using spears of chaotic power from his Balmung lance to prematurely detonate more dangerous attacks before they struck their mark, and Zahhak the ChaosBlackWarGreymon adopted a similar tactic with his Brave Shield and Terra Force attack.

Typhon the ChaosMetalSeadramon simply unleashed his own armaments in a flurry of water, ice and fire, which collided with and destroyed the majority of attacks before they struck, with the rest bouncing off of his chaos-empowered armor. Yam Lotan the ChaosPiedmon merely used his telekinetic control of his swords to strike through the attacks with incredible speed, destroying all of them, and finally Ophion the ChaosUlforceVeedramon evaded the attacks with speed that left him practically invisible but for a dark cobalt streak which flashed between the blasts and projectiles.

When the bombardment ended, none of the Chaos Digimon were harmed in the slightest. Tiamat's armor had taken every attack with barely a scratch to show for it, Mordred and Zahhak had easily weathered the barrage with the combination of their shields and attacks, Typhon had merely obliterated any attack which came near him, Yam Lotan's swords had cut apart the blasts before the ChaosPiedmon could be struck, and Ophion had effortlessly evaded everything thrown at him. Amatsu-Mikaboshi hadn't even been struck by the merest ember from the blasts, such was the absolute power of his Bancho Blade.

The army of the world could only look on in shock at the unharmed seven.

"This... may be tougher than I thought..." the 'Digidestined' admitted, before igniting his form.

"Charge!" Hector commanded, and as the forces of the world surged forwards, the Chaos Digimon advanced silently, prepared to massacre, to slaughter, to drench the world below in the blood of its protectors...

Griff4815

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
Kheprius watched as Tyr hacked the air in front of him with the Dramon Breaker in his left hand. "Don't just hack wildly; aim is important," he explained, folding his arms. "Try throwing the sword at a precise point on that building for practice. Tiwaz can guide you from there, probably."

The GranKuwagamon turned around and scanned the area. He looked below him, and his gaze immediately stopped upon seeing two digimon below him. Kheprius peered down in shock at seeing Pyra and Azur in each other's arms, kissing passionately. He continued to stare at them, barely able to believe his eyes.

...He then smiled.

Suddenly he saw explosions rock the ground and light up the sky on the outskirts of the city. "Crap. It's started."

Tyr pulled his Dramon Breaker from the stone wall that he was throwing his sword against and turned in the direction of the detonations. "The battle?!" he said in worry. "Khep! We have to go help them!"

"No!" Kheprius snapped. "We need to regroup with the others."

Tyr flew into the air and raced in the direction of the battle. "They need our help!" he responded stubbornly.

"Tyr!" Kheprius growled, racing after him and locking him tight in the grip of his pincers before he could go any further. "We're going now."

The GranKuwagamon then raced towards Azur and Pyra, whose lips were still locked in their kiss. Kheprius then wrapped his arms around them. "Yeah, sorry for interrupting this heartwarming scene, but we have to go now! Zone Black Hole"

With the tips of his pincers, which were still keeping a hold of a struggling Tyr, he ripped a tear in space and flew through.

"Khep!" Tyr shouted.

Before any of them could protest, Kheprius brought them through the void and reappeared in front of the other Peacemakers, where he unceremoniously dumped Tyr, Azur and Pyra, the latter two of which were still in each other's arms, onto the ground.

"Are Thor and Mike back yet? We need to attack this guy as quickly as possible, before he completely wipes out the armies," Kheprius explained, a hint of impatience in his voice.

Hotshot

Nocchi and Sha watched as Gigas and Ivy had their first argument ever. The massive HerculesKabuterimon and the petite Lilymon stood facing each other, both quite flustered.

"I-Ivy," Gigas stuttered, "you really shouldn't be here! It's dangerous!"

"But I want to be here," Ivy replied, with arms folded over her chest. "Besides, I've been trained as a nurse, so that could come in handy if you get hurt."

"What if...what if...you die?!" Gigas exclaimed, throwing his arms up in the air. "What if I can't protect you? I can't handle another death, Ivy...especially not if it's--"

"I won't die, Gigas," Ivy said, pouting. "I promise you, I won't die. I'll stay away from the actual fighting...I'll help out in other ways...but I want to help. Please..."

As Gigas opened his mouth to continue, Sha stepped forward and put a hand on the HerculesKabuterimon's horn. "Hey, hey, hey," the Shawjamon interrupted, stepping between the two. "She'll be fine, Gig. In fact, I heard that she actually beat Khep up so that he'd bring her here."

Gigas' jaw dropped. "Really?"

Ivy looked horrified. "I did wha--"

"Yeah, yeah!" Nocchi chimed in, grinning impishly. "I'm not sure how ol' Kheppy could still be standin' after the thrashin' he got!"

Ivy looked indignant. "But I didn't--"

Nocchi turned swiftly on his heels and winked at the Lilymon, indicating that she should play along. Ivy, suddenly realizing what was happening, smiled and said, "Oh, yeah. He didn't want to take me, so I...uh...'thrashed' him."

"Whoa..." Gigas muttered, staring first at Ivy, and then at Nocchi and Sha. "Uh...okay...I guess you can stay...but please, try to be safe..."

Ivy blushed. "Teehee...alright, Gigas. I'll be safe. Don't you worry about a thing."

Kamotz

God of Monsters
"Father," Thor whispered as he gazed in awe at the ethereal figure standing before him. He was overcome with emotion and by Odin's regal majesty; he dropped to his knees in wonder. The wind blew across them, slightly distorting Odin's visage. "You're here."

"Here is relative," Odin said sternly, "And insignificant." The old god looked around, glancing up to the great tree. "Is this how you see yourself, boy? So small?"

"What? I--?" Thor was overcome with a rush of vertigo as the universe contracted around him. He was suddenly standing amidst the vastness of space, and the Digital World was before him; it was the size of a marble.

"Still small," Odin commented as he surveyed the galactic expanse. "But it will do for now." He turned back Thor. "You wield immense power, Thor, more than most; even more than I. You simply refuse to use it."

"Refuse?" Thor demanded. "Father, I have tried! I have--"

"You have done nothing," Odin admonished. "You swing that sword around like a petulant child; ignorant of your actions and their consequences; ignorant of the history and the life of that sword and the power you wield."

"I don't understand," Thor whispered. "Father, I've tried. I have meditated on the blade, I've let it fill my mind with its voice and fill my soul with its power."

Odin scoffed dismissively. "I suppose you could not hope for something better than ignorance," he said. "With your limited understanding."

Thor bristled at the remark; confronted again by his father he remembered the way they clashed with one another. His father was always powerful, always dismissive, always demanding perfection. And Thor was always struggling to live up to his expectations. Now, however, Thor had no time or patience for his father's demands.

"I am no longer a boy," Thor declared. "I am no longer the prince in your shadow. I am King of Asgard now, and have no time for this. If you have nothing better to do than berate and belittle me, then be done with it and return from whence you came. The Mikaboshi will not wait." Thor's heart pounded in his chest; never before had he spoken to his father in such a manner; never before had he asserted himself so.

"As you wish, my son; my king," Odin said with a bow and an approving smile. "I will tell you the secret history of your power; that which no one else knows."

The universe around Thor warped and twisted upon itself, and he found himself standing amidst the chaos of a battlefield. The sky; cracked red and black, the earth; scorched and charred. Thor could feel the heat of the fire on his face, and the scent of burnt flesh and blood filled his nostrils...but he knew he was no more than a spectator to the scene he was witnessing.

"What is this place?" he asked the image of his father.

"This is what waits for you," answered Odin. "Amatsu-Mikaboshi will walk across the world, and his mere passing will bring it to its knees. I know this, because he has done so before."

"What is he?" Thor asked.

"He is the Chaos," Odin answered simply. "He is the physical form of disorder and entropy. He is the manifestation of the will of those forces. He is those forces. His desire is the return of our universe and all others to a state of pure entropy--what this would be to the eyes of the living, none can say, but it would not be pleasant.

"Chaos has tried time and time again--throughout the millennia--to eradicate everything, and time and time again it has been stopped," Odin continued. "But not without terrible losses...and great sacrifice." The scenery shifted; and Thor found himself standing amidst all-out war.

"The last time it reared its ugly head was more than three-thousand years ago," said the specter of Odin. "And as before, it fell upon we gods to stop it."

Below the familiar form of the Mikaboshi clashed with three brave Digimon. The first two Thor did not recognize, though he sensed a kinship with them. The third, however, Thor knew instantly; the black-armored Imperialdramon Fighter Mode.

Odin.

The two others--a MirageGaogamon and ShineGreymon--fought viciously at his side against the Mikaboshi, but Thor could sense the futility of their struggle, and as he'd never met the two warriors, he knew their fate was sealed. He watched as they ascended to their Burst Modes and were still no match for Amatsu-Mikaboshi's power.

"We were not ready," Odin said sadly. "We were not ready to face such a monster."

"Who are...?"

"My brothers," Odin answered softly. "Vili and Ve Borson. We were called upon to face the Mikaboshi when no other could."

"Why?" Thor demanded desperately. "Why were there no others?"

"The Mikaboshi had always been thwarted by the first gods, the Proemial Gods," Odin explained. "But not even the gods are forever; Death comes for us all, and soon it came to pass that only Buri High-God was left."

"Buri?"

"Yes," Odin answered. "My grandfather. With his death the Chaos was emboldened and it returned. The gods of my father's generation--the Elder Gods--prepared for war, but they were ill-equipped to face the Mikaboshi, so they turned to my father, the invincible Bor, god of power and wrath, god of destruction and creation; the Fury of the World and the first king of Asgard."

In the scene before them, the Mikaboshi sword cut a deep gash across Vili's chest, drawing a growl from Thor.

"My father united the world; gods and mortals," Odin explained. "And we sons of Bor fell in line with the rest. The world hoped that Bor would be able to manifest Buri's proemial power and again banish the Mikaboshi, but before he could even try, he was lost. Taken early from the battle by one of the Mikaboshi's avatars."

"Avatars?" Thor wondered. "These things I sense? The six?"

"Only six now?" Odin muttered. "Then you are not too late. Those six are the greatest, but they can be stopped."

"What are they?"

"Abominations," Odin spat as the Mikaboshi's cannon blasted Ve across the landscape. "Ancient, black-hearted Dark Gods; twisted not by their desire for power, but for ruin. In time, the Mikaboshi will raise hundreds of thousands of these monstrosities and the world will be overrun. That was the future we faced then, with the Proemial Gods no more and Bor slain, it fell to us, the three sons of Bor, to stop the unstoppable.

"While every other Digimon that walked or crawled faced the unending horde of the Mikaboshi's avatars, my brothers and I journeyed to face the beast himself," Odin said. "But we were overmatched. We could not possibly have known the horror we would face."

Thor watched as the young Odin was brutally beaten by the Chaos; as his brothers were cut and stabbed and slashed; as hope began to flicker and fade from their young eyes.

"But we were the sons of Bor," Odin said proudly. "And we would not fail the world. My brothers--at Death's door--sacrificed the last of their lives to pass to me their godly essence. And so I ascended to what we now call the Paladin Mode." Thor watched as the scene played out before him. "And with this newfound power I did what no other in history had been able to do: I struck the Mikaboshi and sealed him in his physical form. I entombed him in layers of coding and encryption, and buried him so deep within the programming of the Digital World that I thought he could never be found."

"But Artorius found a way," Thor said dejectedly.

"And so you came here," Odin summarized. "To learn what I have just told you."

"But what is it?" Thor demanded desperately. "What have I learned? You told me only stories!"

"Do you need to see again?" Odin asked condescendingly. "Look. Watch carefully." Again the scene of Odin and his brothers facing the Mikaboshi unfolded before Thor. Again his brothers were slain, again Odin ascended, again he struck the Mikaboshi and sealed him away.

"I--" Thor began, but he stopped quickly. "There," he said, his eyes shining. "I see it. I understand now. I understand the flaw."

"Do you?" the ethereal Odin asked. "We shall see. Good luck, son of Odin. And farewell."

Light suddenly exploded from within the specter, burning away the images of the past and blinding Thor with its intensity. When his vision finally cleared, Thor found himself again at the base of the great tree. Before him the White Sword remained firmly embedded in the earth, but a faint glow shone from the runes along the blade. And Thor couldn't help but wonder if his vision had been a vision at all; if he had truly spoken with Odin, or simply the manifestation of Odin's power.

In the end, however, Thor realized that none of these things mattered. He had found a way...

===

Michael watched the seven figures stride forward from the heart black hurricane. With a roar he led the charge; a battalion of angels followed behind him and he Digivolved in midflight. He hurled his Seven Heavens into the Mikaboshi, drew his Excalibur, and dove with a cry on his lips.

The Mikaboshi, however, was unperturbed by Michael's attack, and raised his cannon as Michael neared. He released a massive beam without ceremony; and Michael was consumed by the blast. The beam split around him as well, and the entire battalion of angels at his back was completely and utterly vaporized.

Michael rose from the dirt where he had fallen, coughing ash and blood. Amatsu-Mikaboshi stalked slowly towards him, the Bancho Blade drawn and glowing. Michael poured power into his fist and set upon the Mikaboshi with a roar.

"Hand of Go--!"

But the Mikaboshi's Darkdra arm closed around Michael's throat and stifled his cry. Amatsu-Mikaboshi raised the Bancho Blade to the heavens; it lit with power as it converted to pure energy and pooled in the Bancho arm. Then the Mikaboshi brought his fist down and drove it into Michael's soul. Power exploded into the sky and ripped into the world. The energy cracked red along the ground, tearing deep fissures in the earth.

The Mikaboshi turned from his adversary; he could no longer see Michael, nor did he care whether or not Michael lived. He had been removed. More Digimon charged him, but his eyes flashed once and they were atomized...four hundred soldiers slaughtered in the (literal) blink of an eye.

The armies of the Digital World charged with a roar, but the Mikaboshi did not make a sound; he did not move a muscle. But his message to the Chaos Lords was clear.

Lay waste.

===

Something sickening tore through up Samael's gut and into his heart. He felt his chest tighten and his breath catch in his throat. A sense of dread welled deep within and he turned his eyes to the fires burning on the horizon.

"This is bad," he whispered. "We ain't ready for this."

storymasterb

Knight of RPGs
It erupted into full dark majesty, with the scent of blood and flesh, the screams of the wounded and dying, the howl of attacks raging across the field.

The Chaos Lords ripped into the armies of the world, led by their dark lord, the Mikaboshi himself. The power of the seven beings of Chaos instantly made an effect, hundreds of Digimon dead in the first few instants of battle.

Shining with holy energies, the Archangel Lords raced forwards, Khamael, Raziel and Sachiel rocketing forwards. They struck into three of the lords, Khamael facing Mordred, Raziel engaging Zahhak and Sachiel standing before Typhon.

"Seven Heavens!" Khamael declared, as the seven orbs of holy power and light sang from his exalted form and crushed into Mordred's Gorgon shield, the ChaosGallantmon snarling as he turned to face the Seraphimon.

"Chaos Disaster!" the Chaos Lord howled, a spear of ruinous chaos tearing from the Balmung and screaming towards Khamael, who drew the beam-sword form of his Excalibur from the air and shot forwards, cleaving the blade into the chaotic attack, only for the beam-weapon to shatter, its generator exploding into sparks an instant before the Chaos Disaster swept into the archangel and crushed him away.

Mordred pressed his advantage, shooting forth and drawing back his lance. He stabbed forwards, and Khamael only narrowly evaded with a side-step.

"Hallowed Knuckle!" Power sang from his fist in an angelic symphony, striking towards Mordred, who took the attack head-on and was consumed by the holy power.

With a roar, the ChaosGallantmon erupted from the burning light and shield-rushed Khamael, his Gorgon shield burning with power...

"Judecca Prison!" Power howled from the shield and speared into Khamael, knocking him flying in a blaze of chaotic energies...

-

"Eden's Javelin!"

"Terra Force!"

A bolt of radiant energies flashed from Raziel's javelin, as Zahhak unleashed a ruinous force from between his hands. The light met the burning fires of chaos and both attacks were consumed by the collision, Zahhak roaring as he rocketed up toward his angelic foe.

"Sefirot Crystal!" Raziel cried, raising her hands. Ten shining crystals formed between them and flashed towards Zahhak, who began to rotate in mid-air, shouting "Black Tornado!" His spiraling form ripped through the archangel's attack before tearing into her with his rapidly-rotating form, his Dramon Destroyers tearing great wounds into her flesh, shredding through her armor like tinfoil.

When the barrage ceased, the archangel was soaked in blood, Zahhak snarling as power collecting between his gauntlets...

"Terra Force!"

-

"Lightning Spear!" Sachiel declared, a bolt of power forming in his grip and being hurled at the monstrous form of Typhon. The lightning impacted, but barely seemed to faze the Chaos Lord, who merely sneered before giving a roar.

"River of Power!" Gushing power screamed from his maw and crushed into Sachiel, who crossed his arms and weathered the storm, his radiance barely enduring through the stream of chaotic energies.

When it ended, the Cherubimon raised his arms to the turbulent heavens, eyes burning with power and light.

"Behold the wrath of God!" he called out. "Heaven's Judgment!" Power screamed from the heavens as dozens of lightning bolts struck down, crushing into Typhon's immense form, searing through his metallic form. The ChaosMetalSeadramon gave a dark roar, power gathering in his maw...

"Energy Blast!"

Griff4815

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
After casting an annoyed glare in Kheprius' direction, Pyra slowly stood to her feet, suddenly surrounded by her fellow Peacemakers. The guilt that had been forgotten during her and Azur's kiss quickly returned to her and she was reminded of what she had done during the last fight.

Her eyes narrowed and she slowly forced herself to look up at the other digimon. "...Excuse me," she said uncomfortably but loudly enough for everyone to hear. "I want to say... I'm truly sorry about what happened. I couldn't control myself. I was driven by... a different part of me."

Pyra sighed and lowered her gaze. "But that's no excuse. I sincerely apologize to all of you... especially Tyr, Caradoc, Samael and Kheprius," she said, looking at each of them as she did so. "I can't make up for what I have done... And Samael and Kheprius?" she asked, looking at them. "...I know it wasn't your faults... what happened in the Siege. ...So, I apologize," the Paildramon said, bowing her head.

Tyr looked at her and offered a soft, reassuring smile. "...It's alright, Pyra..." he said, trying to be comforting. Upon turning away, his smile disappeared and he looked towards Avalon, where the grim sights and sounds of battle echoed and roared. "Royal Knights... Everyone... Please be okay..."

Kheprius shifted into his GrandisKuwagamon form. Upon doing so, he felt a surge of unfamiliar power and speed rip through his form. "Jeez," he muttered, feeling slightly lightheaded. "That X-Antibody thing really has a kick to it."

Khep walked over to Samael and gave him a solid slap on the back. "Yo, Sammy," he said. He soon noticed the Beelzemon's facial expression. "...You look like you've seen a ghost... or was it your reflection?" he joked.

storymasterb

Knight of RPGs
He stood there, beholding the battle upon the horizon and yearning to join it, to embrace the fire, the destruction. The blade in his grip sang, it sang of war and battle and glory, of bloodshed and the burning cries of war.

Bedivere watched the fires of battle with a hungry gaze in his eyes, hungry for battle, hungry for war. His blood burned and sang, desperate to feel foes cloven asunder by the Black Sword, screaming for blood and fire. The Slayerdramon gazed to the horizon, and he yearned for war.

On the opposite side of the field, Guinier and Caradoc stood, holding each other now as they stared to the green fields that endured, places the Mikaboshi had yet to touch. Deep in their love before this final conflict, they knew nothing but each other and the Eden that lay before them, their bodies held tight to each other in a single statement which conveyed many things, their love, their bond, their will not to ever let go.

"Don't let me go..." Guinier whispered to Caradoc. "Don't ever let me go, my love..." He gently placed a hand on her cheek, softly moving her head so she stared into his eyes.

"I'll never let you go... no matter what tries to stand between us, I'll hold you tight and face it," he swore in a soft voice, a voice of promise and oath, of all his love and all his strong, adamant will. "We'll face this together..." With that, he held her tightly as if holding her from Death itself, and he kissed her there and then, against the twilight, against the howling dark and the chaos, declaring then his conviction, his will to stand firm and push away the screaming end of the world.

And they held each other there in their embrace, even as the end of all things reached for their world, to crush it in iron grip and bring about absolute entropy once again...

-

"Lightning Joust!"

"Seven Heavens!"

Lightning roared from the Gram, as divine power sang from Khamael's hands and formed the seven holy orbs, the attacks shooting towards Mordred, who smirked derisively beneath his helm as the Balmung and Gorgon were raised, both burning with chaotic aura.

"Chaos Disaster!" he spoke, "Judecca Prison!" A spear of chaos and entropy tore from the Balmung, as the howling energies of the primal void screamed from the Gorgon, the attacks meeting those of his enemies and overwhelming them in chaos and ruin. Chaos howled and speared into the Royal Knight and Archangel Lord, consuming them both in fire and ice, entropy and chaos.

They rose from the attack, their armor dulled and rent by the energies of chaos, and together they surged forwards, the Gram crackling with lightning as divine power lit upon Khamael's fist.

"Victory Saber!"

"Hallowed Knuckle!" Mordred only smirked the greater, as he struck the Balmung into the Gram beam-lance, and took Khamael's powerful blow upon the Gorgon, holding back both mighty attacks as chaos burned around his form. Lightning flashed and crackled around Hector, as Khamael lit with holy, heavenly radiance in response.

"Strong," the Chaos Lord commented derisively. "But not strong enough to best me! Judecca Prison!" Power screamed from the Gordon and washed over his foes, sending them flying back as the dark knight rocketed upward after them, his form still alight with that terrible chaos. He struck in a flurry of blows accentuated by the aura around him, his lance ripping across the forms of the knight and angel. He impaled Hector on the Balmung before sending the knight into the earth with a blazing Chaos Disaster, before rushing to Khamael.

The archangel met his charge with the Excalibur blade extended, and the two met in a match of deft swordplay, the Balmung meeting the holy beam-blade and sending sparks flying around them. As Khamael struck with his sword, it sang, an angelic symphony of power, of harmony, of light and the will of God.

But from Mordred came only silence, only the endless hush and dark of the void from which his master was spawned, the void he would see the world become once more. And that silence brought a stab of terror into Khamael, before he steeled himself once more.

"You shall not best us, spawn of chaos!" the archangel proclaimed, as his free fist lit with light and power. "Hallowed Knuckle!" With a boom like a thunderclap, the attack crushed down into Mordred's breast and the ChaosGallantmon was hurled back by its force, his dark mantle whipping in the shock-wave of the impact. Khamael regarded the result with some satisfaction, before Mordred rose once more.

"You proclaim your power," the dark knight sneered. "Yet all you do is shove me, angel. Is that the limit of your might?" Khamael glared at the knight balefully, and charged with the Excalibur raised once more...

TheSequelReturns

Faithful Crusader
"Close your eyes and take a deep breath, try to calm yourself." Saria said.

Duo did as she said, but he found it hard to relax. A soft scent filled his nose, and he nearly opened his eyes to see what it was.

"Don't open your eyes, stay focused on calming yourself." Saria said. "One mistake and we'll have to start over, this must be flawless."

Duo nodded, and kept his eyes shut. He thought he could hear something, some commotion start up among the Peacemakers. But he tried to push it from his mind. He could already feel the outside world fading away, and it was starting to be a bit worrying. Each time before he could start to worry though, Saria's voice would come through, the only sound he could hear anymore.

"Stay calm, you're almost in." she said. "And keep your eyes shut."

Suddenly, he felt a darkness closing in around him. Its presence was heavy and suffocating, and he could feel the full extent of its power for the first time. He waited for Saria's voice to come through, but she was silent now. The dark presence was all around him now, but he still kept his eyes shut. It was after all the last thing she had told him to do.

"Why are you here?" a voice said. It was cold and damp, and rang of an age that he couldn't fully comprehend. It could only belong to one thing.

"To speak with you." Duo said. "I wanted to come to an agreement."

The Reaper laughed, its voice both calm and terrifying. "And what could you possibly have to offer me mortal? Your life for my freedom? What do you hope to gain? We both know that you only seek me out because you are not strong enough to bend me to your will."

Of course, the Reaper was a part of him, he should have expected this, but its words struck him deep for some reason. He knew them to be true, but it was more than that, they seemed to carry with them an absoluteness that was somewhat unnerving.

"No, I've seen what that can do to a person. To force another to bend to your will; I would be no better than the enemies I fought against." Duo said. "I am here merely to seek out your cooperation, nothing more."

"You wish for me to fight on your behalf?"

"No, I wish for you to lend me your power, to lend me your form. An unspeakable force has been unleashed, and I need your power to help stop it." Duo said.

"Why should I bother helping you? You have done nothing but keep me prisoner inside your soul. Your death would do nothing but free me from my imprisonment."

"And when the Mikaboshi kills me, what makes you think it will spare you?" Duo countered. "It is Chaos incarnate, it could care less about you. It would kill you the moment you were freed."

The Reaper fell silent now, Duo's words rang true. It knew what the Mikaboshi was capable of, and it was afraid.

"I have come to offer you a deal." Duo said. "But, I know not what it is that you want. Is it your freedom?"

The Reaper paused for a moment. "You can't offer me that without throwing away your own life."

Duo frowned.

"However, I do have an option for you." the Reaper said. "Your death would free me, therefore, I ask you for time off of your life. The Mikaboshi would certainly kill you, of that I have no doubt, so you can take your chances without the power, or you can entrust me with a few years of your life. Either way, it makes no difference to me."

"How many years?" Duo said after a pause. "How much do I need to give you?"

The Reaper laughed, "That is up to me. You must decide now, or I may change our terms."

Duo stopped, conflicted. If he went with it, then he would lose years off of his life. Years that he could spend with Lucia. Would it be a few years, or ten? Twenty? He had no way of knowing. The Reaper could take his entire remaining life once the Mikaboshi was defeated, certainly that would grant him his freedom.

"What will it be?" the Reaper asked. "Make your decision."

"I will retain control of my body and mind correct?" Duo asked.

"Of course, those are the terms you set before me." the Reaper said.

"How do I know you'll keep your word?"

"You don't." the Reaper said, "But I give you my word anyway."

Duo shook his head. "There must be another way. Perhaps if..."

The Reaper laughed, but this time it was full of menace. More of a cackle than a laugh. "This is your only option, so choose! I offer you my power for a few measly years of your life. So what will it be!"

"Fine! I accept your terms." Duo said.

The Reaper laughed, and it was the last thing Duo heard as his awareness faded.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Duo awoke to the sound of Lucia's voice.

"Duo, Duo! Wake up!"

He sat upright, his head feeling like it was split open, his soul feeling a little darker.

"Duo, are you alright?" Lucia asked as she threw are arms around him.

"Yes, I'm alright." he said as he returned her embrace.

"What happened?" she asked.

Duo looked around. Trowa looked genuinely concerned for once, Lucia seemed like she was both relieved and on the verge of tears, Sraia had a hard expression on her face. Did Saria know what had happened? Did she know the deal that Duo had made?

"The Reaper will lend me its power." Duo said. "I was able to convince it to help once it learned of the Mikaboshi's involvement. I'm not sure if it is going to be just this one time or if the deal lasts forever, but either way, I will be able to fully control my Reapermon form in the next battle."

Lucia still seemed a bit concerned, and Duo wondered if she knew that there was something he wasn't telling her, but to his relief she embraced him once more. "That's good, at least you were able to convince it."

Trowa gave a thumbs up from where he was standing. "Good job man, but I think we have more pressing matters to worry about." He turned and pointed out towards the horizon. There, huge flashes of energy lit up the world as the Mikaboshi and its servants clashed with the forces of Avalon...

storymasterb

Knight of RPGs
"Trump Sword!" Yam Lotan laughed darkly, his four swords shooting forwards and tearing through a group of Digimon in a maelstrom of blood and data, the demonic ChaosPiedmon laughing at the screams of the dying, all of which were short and abrupt.

Then his eyes narrowed suddenly, and he side-stepped just in time to evade a blazing fist as the 'Digidestined' charged, the Apollomon Biomerge burning fiercely.

"Sol Blaster!" he roared, fire ripping towards the Chaos Lord, who smiled darkly and twirled, leaping over the flames and landing nimbly. The Eaglemon shrieked and struck for him, but blood suddenly erupted as the demon clown's swords flashed from nowhere and ripped her apart, the Biomerge shattering to leave data and the human's horribly mutilated remains. Yam Lotan caught two of the bloody swords and smirked as the remaining two hovered around him.

"Monster!" the PileVolcamon roared, rushing at Yam Lotan, who sneered and released a sword, pointing a finger at the Biomerge. "You're giving me the finger?" the confused human-Digimon hybrid said as he continued his rush.

"Ending Snipe!" the Chaos Lord chuckled, a flash of power shooting from his raised finger and piercing through the Biomerge, leaving a massive hole in his chest, before his form tore away to leave data and the corpse of the human Tamer. The Lotosmon 'Digidestined' cried out in shock and horror, and Yam Lotan made a backhand gesture, which sent a sword flying to impale her.

The human girl slumped to the ground, clearly dead as the sword flashed back to Yam Lotan's hand, and the GigaSeadramon 'Digidestined' roared in outrage, rushing the ChaosPiedmon, who laughed insanely as he threw his swords into the sea serpent's maw and telekinetically sent them spiraling through its gullet. Screams of agony ripped from the Biomerge's throat, before it slumped and shattering into data, the human Tamer collapsing with great bloody wounds across his body.

Yam Lotan fixed the Apollomon with a dark stare as his bloody swords flashed back to his grip, the other two spinning in the air behind him.

"Phoebus Blow!" the solar Digimon howled, blazing forwards and hurling a burning punch at the Chaos Lord, who ducked under the blow, and an instant later the 'Digidestined' felt four swords stab through his heart, both that of his Digimon form and his true human heart. Somehow the Chaos Lord was able to override the normal protective protocols written into the Biomerge, and thus inflict damage to both the Digimon and the human within, with lethal consequences.

Yam Lotan gently pushed the Apollomon with a finger, sending the mighty Digimon crashing to the ground, where he shattered into data to leave the horribly bloodied and wounded form of the dead Tamer. Cackling madly, the clown-like Chaos Lord turned to find more victims...

-

"Final Crest!" Siegfried roared, unleashing a bolt of power from the Dunas, which smashed into Tiamat to no effect. The Chaos Lord gave a roar and surged forwards...

"Dragon Crusher!" Drachna shouted, hurling himself forwards and ripping his Dramon Destroyers across the Chaosdramon's armor, only to have absolutely no effect whatsoever on the Chaos Lord, who turned and drew back her crusher-arm.

"Chaos Crusher!" she roared, smashing the arm into Drachna, who screamed in pain as he was driven into the earth by the force. He struggled to stand as Tiamat withdrew the booster claw, only to be struck by her trident claw and impaled. The Chaosdramon drove him back into the ground, shattering him into data on impact.

"Monster!" Siegfried roared, surging forwards as the Dunas lit with energy. "Rage of Wyvern!" Power screamed from his poleaxe as he swung it, blasting into Tiamat, but when the attack ended she was unharmed but for a few scorch marks on her crimson armor.

"Destroyed Hook!" she roared, her booster claw opening to fire a missile, which struck Siegfried and pierced into him. The viral data the missile contained instantly took effect, disintegrating the MedievalGallantmon. He died screaming in agony, and Tiamat turned to a charging battalion of Digimon.

"Hyper Infinity Cannon!" The raw energies of chaos itself screamed from her cannons and the Digimon were atomized in an instant, without even time to scream. The ponderous Chaosdramon turned once again. aiming to bring her cannons to bear.

"Bifrost!" A hail of burning arrows struck her from the right as Sir Bors came into view, the Muspellheimr raised.

"Pyro Barrage!" A rain of fireballs bombarded into her as from her other side Vritra descended, the BurningGreymon's wings lit with infernal flame. Bors regarded the newcomer cautiously, but she ignored him, rocketing forwards as flame burned from her pores, consuming her form...

"Burning Evolution! WarGreymon X!" she roared, her advanced form shooting from the flames as her Dramon Destroyers slid into position, a sphere of burning energies forming in her grip as her jet boosters ignited, sending her shooting toward Tiamat as a streak of fire and armor.

"Terra Force!" The energies exploded from her hands as roaring flames that surged into Tiamat, wrapping the chaos Digimon in the fires of Vritra's power. The WarGreymon X continued her charge, spreading her arms wide as she began to spin...

"Great Tornado!" She barreled into Tiamat, a spinning cyclone of claws and destruction that sent sparks flying as the Dramon Destroyers clashed with Tiamat's Red Digizoid plate...

-

Ophion tore through the ranks of the Digimon soldiers, leaving blood and data in his wake as he passed, a mere cobalt blur which struck with blades of bone extended from his forearms. His foes never knew what struck, all they knew was instant death.

"Ray of Victory!" The ChaosUlforceVeedramon stopped abruptly as a bolt of cobalt energies struck the air a foot in front of him, then a cobalt blur flashed down to strike him...

Tristan's Ulforce Saber met Ophion's claw-blade, the two Ulforce-Digimon straining for a moment, before Ophion scythed with his second blade, which sparked off of Tristan's hastily-erected Tensegrity Shield, the two locking into a stalemate.

"C'mon... Iseult..." Tristan growled under his breath. Ophion looked briefly puzzled, before he threw himself aside as Iseult's Splendor Blade struck the air where his head had been an instant before. With a muttered curse, the Imperialdramon Fighter Mode stepped up beside Tristan, the two draconic Digimon readying their weapons as Ophion gave a crooked smirk, raising his blades...

Shooting through the sky at top speed, Galic sped towards Avalon. His mind was full of thoughts, and his emotions were slightly jumbled. Well, it was to be expected.

When he had gone to ask the high elders for the nomads’ help against Amatsu-Mikaboshi, he had already expected resistance, though the forms they took on was unexpected. Jijimon and Kuzuhamon wanted none of it; they had suffered enogh deaths and losses in their opinion. Galic told them that they weren’t the only ones that did, but the two elders stood their ground.

Babamon and Zanbamon, meanwhile, wanted to and fight the good fight. Zanbamon was tired of hiding while everyone else fought, whilst Babamon was looking for someone or something to focus all of her pain and anger at losing all the young nomads, all of whom she considered her adopted children.

The high elders and Galic were at a standstill. The nomadic leaders were divided amongst themselves, and the MachGaogamon didn’t have a lot of time on his hands. Whether it was fortunate or not, Galic’s father, who had pseudo-elder rights and abilities within in the nomads, had been summoned to settle the dispute. Galic had assumed that Gavan would see his point of view. In fact, he was confident of it. And he was sorely disappointed.

Galic could still remember Gavan’s words in his head as clear as if he were still hearing it.

“Remember, my son. Just as the raiders outnumbered me, outnumbered us, we may very well outnumber this enemy of yours. But you should also remember that those numbers did not decide the battle. And in an impromptu assembly of a group with far too many leaders, all fighting on their own accord and how they see fit, just how do you think it will end?”

The former nomad could practically see the outcome. The Avalonian Force, led by solderis and Generals. The Holy Host, led by high ranking angels. Various tribes under their respective leaders. All barely knowing the abilities of their own allies, so soon and unexpected the call of war was. It would have meant chaos and disorder.

The groups would get in each others’ ways. Stumbling, charging, and yelling, while the Primordial Chaos, fueled by the confusion and disorder, would decimate them before they could even come close. They wouldn’t stand a chance against Amatsu-Mikaboshi.

The MachGaogamon clenched his fists. In his haste to gain the nomads’ aid, he had almost sent them to their certain deaths. He wasn’t sure if he could have lived wit that; he could barely do so with Dunk’s death over his head.

He ended his thoughts and steeled his determination when the familiar scents of the other Peacemakers hit his nose. He narrowed his eyes, and he saw their figures grow larger below him. Ahead, he could already see the bright flashes of war and battle.

He was close enough that he could land.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Azur grunted as he stood up on his feet. He sent a glare at Kheprius’s direction; his timing couldn’t have been worse. Not to mention that he still wanted to find Galic and his brother’s egg…as well as felt a lot of ill will towards the GrandisKuwagamon, even if he didn’t really want to start something as petty as fight over something that, undoubtedly, brought Pyra back. He still couldn’t help but want to give the insect a hard punch in the gut, though. In any case, he did want to have a few words to speak with the bug.

Of course, as much as he wanted to at the moment, Fenrir’s voice in his mind was telling him that there were more pressing matters to attend to. And it came in the form of unstable and dangerous energy that was radiating at large amounts from the raging battle in the horizon. It told of unparalleled power and massive chaos. Even Fenrir could feel it’s potential for calamity. It made Azur’s fit stand on end by reflex, making him look wilder and more intimidating than he already was.

‘Azur,’ Fenrir’s voice called out. ‘I need to talk to Tyr- no, not Tyr, Tiwaz. I need to speak with the insufferable lizard.’

The WereGarurumon raised an eyebrow, but he looked around to look for the VictoryGreymon that was host to the ancient spirit of fire. It didn’t take long; it would have been difficult to miss him.

Before going off to the dragon man, he turned back to Pyra. He took her hand in his paw, squeezing it lightly to tell her that no matter what, she would always have his support. He let go, still feeling the warmth in his paw calming down his excited blood.

“Tyr!” he called out, approaching the VictoryGreymon. And then his eyes flashed white before turning bright silver.

“I need to speak with Tiwaz,” Fenrir said, ignoring Azur’s grumblings about a warning before taking over. “As much as I dislike the thought, there might be someone that is needed for this battle.”

Griff4815

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
Tyr pulled his gaze away from the battle upon hearing Fenrir's voice call out his name. He turned and saw Azur's form, with his eyes shining silver, staring at him.

“I need to speak with Tiwaz,” Fenrir said, ignoring Azur’s grumblings about a warning before taking over. “As much as I dislike the thought, there might be someone that is needed for this battle.”

Tiwaz then took control of Tyr's form and spoke through him. "What, Fenrir? You don't thing that we can handle them on out own?" Tiwaz said, glancing over Tyr's shoulder towards the raging battle. Despite trying to act confident, Tiwaz couldn't shake the lingering feeling that squirmed in his stomach.

"Perhaps... but he has only seen battle once. Against Milleniummon... under those circumstances..." Tiwaz's - or Tyr's - eyes narrowed in a near grimace. "It also may be difficult when you bring our descendants into account," he said, moving Tyr's body and Dramon Breaker around to get a better feel for the form.

"...But not impossible," he added. "The worst part will be having to be with you when we call upon the Stormreaver," Tiwaz said, grinning. "I might not be able to get the mutt stench off me for weeks."

storymasterb

Knight of RPGs
Yam Lotan continued his mad, bloody dance through the ranks of the Digital World army, reducing whole contingents of troops to blood and data with his spiraling, dancing blades and his chaotic arts of illusion and misdirection.

"Divine Cross!" The ChaosPiedmon was struck from the side by a cross-shaped blast of divine power and knocked flying. He stood with a maniacal cackle as Sir Constantine approached, raising the Absolution as he regarded his clown-like opponent and made a single decision, planting the claymore into the ground and clasping his hands in prayer.

"Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name. Thy Kingdom come, thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom, the power and the glory, for ever and ever. Amen..."

As Constantine spoke the words of the prayer, Yam Lotan cackled and surged forwards, sending two swords through the air with a thought, the bloody blades striking for Constantine's neck.

"Mode Change!" Constantine proclaimed as his form lit with divine power, his back legs instantly shattering into data and folding into the rest of his body and armor. "SaintTemplarmon Legionnaire Mode!" He gripped the Absolution, which split into its twin-blade configuration as the templar knight exploded forwards in a flash of white, streaking toward Yam Lotan. As the telekinetically-wielded swords struck at him, Constantine lit the crosses on his armor and spoke.

"Divine Crosses!" Power and light sang from the adornments and battered the ChaosPiedmon's swords aside, as Constantine lit his dual swords with that same light, the blades shining with divine radiance.

"Trump Sword!" Yam Lotan cackled, slashing with his swords...

"Holy War!" the SaintTemplarmon roared, crashing his empowered blades into the Chaos Lord's bloodied, hellish weapons before light tore from the dual swords, washing over Yam Lotan and making him snarl as the power behind the light seared into his eyes. The cross on Constantine's helm lit as the white knight spoke, "Divine Cross!" Pure, holy light spoke, it crushed Yam Lotan and hurled him away across the battlefield into the mud, crimson mud created by the blood the insane Digimon had split in his mad rampage.

The clown stood with a laugh, only to have Constantine shoot at him with his entire form burning with power and light, the Royal Knight clearly not holding back in the slightest. As he struck for the ChaosPiedmon, Constantine stopped abruptly and unleashed that sacred, divine light in a burning force that consumed Yam Lotan in its folds.

"Kingdom of Heaven!" the templar proclaimed as his attack speared into Yam Lotan and sent him flying back across the field. The Chaos Lord landed in a tangle of burnt, seared clothes and flesh, but stood once again.

"Trump Sword!" Yam Lotan called, and instantly lines of pain erupted on Constantine's back as the long-forgotten twin swords the Chaos Lord had attacked with during Constantine's Mode Change slashed across the templar's shining form. Constantine roared in pain, and Yam Lotan raised a hand, throwing a sword aside into the air.

"Ending Snipe!" A bolt of chaos ripped forth and stabbed into Constantine's chest, sending darkness and ruin coursing through the Royal Knight's form. He roared in agony and rage, and forced himself to charge...

-

Zahhak roared and surged toward Raziel once more, only to be struck by a burning flame dragon and crushed down as Pelleas emerged into view, taking a position beside the Ophanimon.

"My lady," he said courteously. "If I may be of assistance..." Raziel gave a somewhat curt nod as Zahhak rocketed towards them, drawing back his Dramon Destroyers...

"Alabaster Radiance!" Pelleas proclaimed, power singing from his armor's gems towards the ChaosBlackWarGreymon.

"Eden's Javelin!" Raziel called, adding a spear of divine radiance from her javelin to Pelleas's attack. The attacks slammed into Zahhak, who tore through the energy maelstrom with a savage roar, power collecting around his fists.

"Terra Force!" he howled, unleashing blasts of chaotic fire from his hands that crushed into the Royal Knight and Archangel, making them cry out as the energies burnt into their flesh through their armor, and then Raziel screamed in pain as Zahhak slashed across her chest with a mighty blow of his Dramon Destroyer claws, sending blood cascading down her form from the horrific gashes.

"Wrath of the Firedrake!" A burning firedrake screamed from Pelleas's hands and engulfed Zahhak, driving the Chaos Lord back from Raziel as an enraged Albiomon rocketed forwards, his sword lighting with fiery energies. "Illumination Blade!" He cleaved his sword across the Chaos Lord's thigh, tearing open a wound, though this didn't seem to faze Zahhak in the slightest.

"Great Tornado!" Zahhak burst from the flames and spiraled into the cyclone of claws, ripping into Pelleas...

-

Typhon's power washed over Sachiel, burning and freezing the angel, consuming him in chaotic energies.

"End Waltz!" A mighty shock-wave ripped forth and tore at Typhon, forcing the ChaosMetalSeadramon to pull away as Dagonet landed beside the colossal form of Sachiel, with a curt nod to the Archangel.

"Heaven's Judgment!" the Cherubimon called, causing a storm of heavenly power to rip from the stormy skies and engulf Typhon in power and lightning, which coursed through the Chaos Lord's body.

"River of Power!" Typhon howled from the storm, unleashing a surge of overwhelming power and chaos from his maw towards the Archangel, however Dagonet intercepted, raising the Avalon.

"God Breath!" The mighty chaos attack parted around the impenetrable defense of Dagonet's shield, harmless to both the Knight and Archangel.

"Energy Blast!" A blast of burning plasma ripped from Typhon's maw and engulfed Dagonet and Sachiel as Dagonet's three-second defense ended, the two screaming in pain as they were enveloped in burning power...

Griff4815

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
Pyra felt Azur softly squeeze her hand. She looked at him and tightened her grip around his paw in response before he went over to talk with Tyr about something.

The Paildramon sighed and watched Azur as he walked. "He lost Dunk... but he doesn't seem to be furious about it like I thought he would be. Could it be that he saw what happened to me after Max's death and saw what anger and vengeance can do to someone?" she wondered cringing.

"But now I'm faced with another problem... the same problem that's plagued me... Power. I know now that I have the potential for great power...but how do I harness it without making the same mistake? How do I get that strength with a righteous heart? And moreover... am I still unstable?

She clenched her fists, now staring in the horizon at the raging battle that lit up the clouds with various colours from attacks. It's easy to harness power when one has dark and hateful intent, but what do I do now to catalyze it? ...And why, now, am I truly fighting?

storymasterb

Knight of RPGs
Power screamed across the sky, painting it in eerie shades, crimson, gold, azure, violet and more, as the sounds of war added to the display, color and noise creating a grand display of tragic cause, of the horror of this desperate war. They weren't ready. The armies of the Digital World were too hastily assembled, too desperately mustered. They weren't ready to fight alongside one another, and as such they were unable to act cohesively against the Chaos Lords and Amatsu-Mikaboshi.

They were slaughtered from the outset.

Very few remained, and the field was a hellish vista, a place of blood-stained ground, of red plants once-green, of the horrifically mutilated forms of the Tamers (whose bodies could not disintegrate like those of the Digimon). The six Chaos Lords found little resistance, and Amatsu-Mikaboshi found none at all. Michael had tried, tried to match him, but the archangel, the Hand of God had failed and fallen, lost into the chaos of war.

Only now was it clear to the last remnants of the Digital World army... they had never stood a chance, never had a single hope.

All around, they fell. And they died without hope.

-

Tristan and Iseult struck together, attacking Ophion from either side with Ulforce Saber and Splendor Blade, but he moved in a flash and evaded the strikes. As he reappeared, both felt their bodies impaled on his blades, felt the blood run down from the fatal wounds. Ophion didn't even have to look... he knew they were gone.

The Royal Knight and his lover gazed helplessly into one another's eyes as their blades faded and shattered, both gasping out their last breaths as their fingertips brushed softly... and then they were naught but data in the wind and blood pooling on the crimson ground as Ophion sped away.

-

Dagonet and Sachiel rushed Typhon, the former drawing back his Claiomh Solais, the latter readying a Lightning Spear, but the gigantic Chaos Digimon roared and unleashed his River of Power.

Dagonet tried. He tried to bring the Avalon to bear, tried to ready God Breath, but it was too fast. They were gone, obliterated by the attack...

-

Constantine slashed and hacked, desperately trying to strike down Yam Lotan, even as the lord's blades buried themselves into his flesh endlessly. The SaintTemplarmon tried to win, tried to prevail, with words of prayer and empty faith on his lips, a desperate redemption, a plea to God to save him.

"You, who cast aside God... now you plead?" Yam Lotan laughed. "There is no salvation for such betrayal, knight... Ending Snipe!" He placed a hand to Constantine's breastplate and let his power loose, an infernal bolt which speared the once-white, now bloody-red knight, who collapsed as his Mode Change broke along with his Mega Level, leaving him but a helpless MagnaAngemon in priestly vestments, who vanished into light.

Yam Lotan cackled and turned to find new victims...

-

Pelleas and Raziel fought, trying to hold back Zahhak even as the life bled from them, but the ChaosBlackWarGreymon was far too strong, far too fast. He struck with brutal force, tearing the flesh from their forms and leaving their blood to pour forth, to stain their skin and the earth below.

"Terra Force!" He consumed Pelleas in burning energies and the Albiomon was wrapped in the hellish flames, blasted away from the field. He landed ablaze, form shattering to leave a weak, humble and unconscious Dorumon...

Zahhak turned to Raziel and exploded forth, too fast for her to react as he slashed once, twice and a third time, laying open her form. Finally, he struck forwards and impaled her right through the core. The Archangel's eyes widened as a cry of pain escaped her... and then she too was gone, shattered into data...

-

Tiamat's cannons spoke, and Vritra was hurled from the field, her form breaking to leave an Agumon near the also-defeated Pelleas. The Chaosdramon ignored the once-opponent, and turned to Bors.

Before the Sleipmon could do more than raise his shield, a mighty blow struck, the Chaos Crusher. IT flattened him into the dust and the mud, leaving him pinned beneath her fist as Tiamat raised her trident claw and drove it into his neck, finding the joint in his armor. Bors screamed in pain, and then she fired her cannons in a burning blast that utterly obliterated him, leaving nothing but a few atoms of data.

-

Mordred shot towards the weakened and battered Khamael. Despite his holy power, the Seraphimon's armor was weaker than Hector's, and thus he had suffered more from the ChaosGallantmon's attacks.

"No!" Hector cried, trying to block his dark counterpart, but Mordred shield-rushed him and blasted him with a burning Judecca Prison that sent the knight screaming into the earth, where he lay, overcome. Mordred turned back to Khamael, who desperately raised the Excalibur, only to have the dark knight bat it aside with the Gorgon, drawing back the Balmung.

"Perish, angel," he spoke as he sent the lance flying forwards, impaling Khamael. "Chaos Disaster!" Power screamed from the Balmung and Khamael was torn apart by the force of the chaotic energies.

Down below, Hector stared on helplessly. They were too strong, too fast, too skilled. These Digimon with him... had never stood a chance. They had come together for their cause... but they never trained to fight alongside one another. It was all too chaotic, and that had played right into the hands of the Mikaboshi, who even now was slaughtering the last remnants of the forces who had mustered against it.

"Do not lose hope, Sir Hector." Hector groaned weakly as he turned his head, seeing the three Archangel Lords in spiritual form beside him.

"What hope is there?" he gasped out. "What chance do we have... we never stood any chance..." The Archangel Lords regarded him sorrowfully, extending their hands over his form. He began to glow with light.

"Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name. Thy Kingdom come, thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom, the power and the glory, for ever and ever. Amen..." they spoke as one in prayer, fading away more and more as each word was spoken, while the light around Hector grew more radiant.

The Mikaboshi regarded it from afar with some curiosity, and began to stalk toward the shining Knight.

A golden meteor struck toward the chaos-thing, who raised his cannon. "Chaos-ordered life; these things must exist alone; End of Paradox."

Sir Percival was struck by a blast of pure chaotic force that ripped into him and tore his form apart. Only the Power of Miracles saved him from instant death, and even then he was forced down to his Veemon stage and blasted across the field away from the Mikaboshi, removing him from its sphere of attention, instead focusing back on Sir Hector, who stood up, now at the heart of a corona of exalted light, white at first, but then suddenly crimson washed across the radiance.

And then he spoke.

"Crimson Evolution! Gallantmon Crimson Mode!"

The light was pulled inward and consumed into his form, soaking into his armor and transforming burnished Digizoid to a lustrous shade of crimson, the Gram and Aegis being engulfed by the light and reforming into a sword and spear of pure energy, the Blutgang and the Gungnir. His armor sharpened, becoming more ornate, and finally ten crimson wings spread from his back, shining with heavenly light and grace as the now-angelic knight turned and faced Amatsu-Mikaboshi.

And then he moved, in a flash of crimson he was upon the Mikaboshi with the Blutgang raised.

"Invincible Sword!" he proclaimed, tearing an arc of crimson in the air with the sweep of his blade across the horror's chest, ripping open its flesh with his crimson power.

But the instant after the blade left his flesh, the Mikaboshi instantly healed, the skin knitting itself closed in a flash. Surprise washed over Hector's eyes, as he glanced to the wound Artorious had made with the Black Sword the second before his death. His resolve hardening, the Gallantmon drew back the Gungnir...

"Final Justice!" Power sang forth as he stabbed the Gungnir into the Chaosmon, right in the center of the existing wound, but again, the second his weapon left the Mikaboshi's flesh the wound closed again.

"Thus comes the howl; void of mattered existence; see the Bancho Blade."
The Mikaboshi slashed an arc of ruin with his blade, and Hector, even with his enhanced speed, barely intersected the Gungnir and Blutgang to prevent being cleaved in twain by the strike. As it was, the backlash shattered his weapons and hurled him a good twenty feet through the air, the knight barely stopping with his crimson wings spread.

"Damn you..." he spat. "I won't let you do this!" The Mikaboshi seemed to regard this statement with contempt, scorning this mortal's attempts to win. "I won't let you win!" He shone brightly as he collected his power to his hands, forming a sphere of crimson in his grip.

"Crimson Light!" he roared, pouring his anger, his courage, his desperation, his will to live into that one attack. And power sang from his grip, it sang, it howled, it roared, it screamed, it cried out against the inevitability of oblivion the Mikaboshi brought.

Crimson power speared into and consumed the Chaosmon in its folds, burning into him like a wildfire, enveloping him like a hurricane, striking with the intensity of everything, all of Nature acting against the Chaos and the ruin. It seared the ground into glass with its heat, it lit the air with power.

Yet when it faded, there he was, the Mikaboshi still stood, his flesh burned and rent asunder, yet it still knitted together even as he raised the cannon with power already burning within.

"Chaos-ordered life; these things must exist alone; End of Paradox."

And he was consumed, and his light was snuffed out by the chaos as the void embraced him in its folds...

-

He felt it, he heard it, he tasted it, he smelt it, he saw it.

Bedivere knew in that instant, the moment the skies above Avalon were torn asunder by ruin and chaos, that the Knights had failed, the angels had failed, the world's forces had failed. There was no more chance... it fell to them. He glanced at the Black Sword, and it too seemed to speak that inevitable truth.

"Peacemakers!" he declared. "They've failed... the army is gone. They're dead... the Mikaboshi won." Caradoc and Guinier's eyes were filled with horror at the callousness, the way he could simply state it. But he did, so coldly, so softly.

"We're the last hope," Caradoc spoke, and he challenged Bedivere's coldness with those words. "So together... we have to stop this thing now, before more die, before our world is destroyed and every. living. thing on its surface is killed."

"With me!" Bedivere roared, shooting into the air. Caradoc and Guinier gave each other one last meaningful look, before they pulled apart and took flight after him, and the remainder of the Peacemakers followed, knowing it in Bedivere's tone, that this was the last battle. They flew, they ran, they moved toward the crack of doom, towards the fate of their world, for they were the final hope. Beyond them... lay no more chances of salvation...

-

Avalon burned, and it broke. Buildings crumbled, at least those still intact did, and much of the city was razed.

The Mikaboshi fought the Council, while the Chaos Lords laid waste to the city with their power. The flames climbed into the heavens like hell itself, and the chaos that seethed at the capital's heart rent the skies themselves asunder with its power.

"Cherry blossom lost; dancing in tides of destiny; unable to resist," the Mikaboshi spoke as his blade tore Indra in half, reducing the Anubismon to data. Faded glory now; once-great gods, broken by ages; time invincible."

"Silence your prattle!" Sei-Ryujin angrily roared.

"Thus comes the empty; void of life, death, and being; the Dark Prominence." Power howled from the cannon and the Azulongmon roared in agony as he was sent crashing down into the city, crushed into the rubble of Avalon as the Mikaboshi descended.

"Fruitless struggles end; mortal life ended by Death; a foe without match." He raised the Bancho Blade to end the Council member's life...

And as it feel, it struck another blade as Bedivere brought the Black Sword to defend the fallen Azulongmon. The other Peacemakers descended behind him.

"Go, scatter out and handle the Lords!" the Slayerdramon snarled, straining to hold off the Mikaboshi. "Keep them off my back! Those of you strong enough... fight this monster with me!" He kicked out and managed to push the Mikaboshi back slightly...

(And it has begun... the final battle is here!)

PeeGee

ROAWR!
Kole stared at the Chaosmon, and the Chaos Lords. He briefly glimpsed at Yam Lotan, and felt an urge to have a go against the Chaos Piedmon.

No, he is not the target

"Then who is?" Kole asked.

The Mikaboshi, your strength is needed there

"Why are you trying to help me?" questioned the Piedmon.

As much as I don't like you nor anyone else for that matter, I do not wish to see the Digital World destroyed by someone who is not me

"Okay then," said Kole, unsure about the voice's intentions.

By the way, you may want to digivolve

Kole rolled his eyes before opening his mouth. "Heaven shall crumble and Hell will rise! Face my wrath with your very own eyes!
From the heart of chaos itself! I shall destroy you myself! Apocalyptic Evolution! Apocalymon!"

The sense of power flooded Kole's body as he transformed into the Apocalyptic monster. He stared at the destruction around him, and rage started to build up inside him.

That's it, let the rage build up inside

He let out a guttural roar and charged at the Chaosmon, whom Bedivere was currently fighting. He slammed into A-M's body, managing to slightly knock back the digimon, but really doing much.

"Thus comes the howl; void of mattered existence; see the Bancho Blade."

A-M raised his sword and slashed at Kole, who suddenly jerked to the side, just managing to avoid the attack. The Apocalymon looked around to see if there was anyone around him who could have pulled him away.

Stop looking it was me

"You can do that?" Kole asked, worried about what could happen.

Only just, you are safe for now

Kole nodded his head, and backed a bit away from A-M, to give himself a little bit of space. He splayed his hands, and all his tentacles moved towards his enemy's direction.

"Total Annihilation!"

Beams of dark energy burst from Kole's hands and claws and each made their way to Amatsu-Mikaboshi, slamming into the Chaosmon's body.

Hotshot

The Chaos Lords all cast a glance in the Peacemakers' directions as they landed. As Gigas' thundering wings ceased to beat, and he dropped to the ground loudly, the massive insect dropped Nocchi and Sha. Ivy stood a few yards away, where she could survey the battle and help anyway she possibly could.

Our resident three stooges stood facing the Lords with the other Peacemakers. Sha snarled, Nocchi chuckled nervously, and Gigas remained silent. An instant later, they broke away from the crowd, all charging at separate opponents.

Gigas met Tiamat in a head-on collision, pushing the Chaosdramon backward a few feet. With a grunt, Tiamat shoved Gigas away with her huge claws. Then, without waiting for the HerculesKabuterimon to make a move, she roared, "Destroyed Hook!"

A missile exploded from her right arm and struck Gigas in the chest. The blow sent him flying back several yards. Growling, the enormous insect struggled to his feet, his horns crackling with energy. "You'll have to do better than that."

==========================================

So, seein' as how we've got six more opponents than expected, I'm assumin' my plan won't work. Nuts. An' it was a good plan too. Suddenly, Nocchi noticed something that interrupted his thoughts. The first thing that came to mind when he saw a certain Chaos Lord was: "Tristan...nyeheheheheh."

Indeed, it looked to Nocchi to be a sinister, dark version of Tristan...and this made him very excited. Eyes wide with excitement, the Puppetmon stepped up to face Ophion. "Yo, Trissy-look-alike, you an' me! Right here, right now! I win, you lose!"

Ophion vanished.

"Wait! Where'd you go?!"

"Nihilism Saber!" exclaimed a terrible voice from behind Nocchi. The Puppetmon whirled around and twitched the fingers on his right hand, just as Ophion rocketed past, missing him with his blade by a fragment of an inch. The ChaosUlforceVeedramon skidded to a stop and turned to stare at Nocchi inquisitively.

The Puppetmon wore a smirk. Looks like this punk doesn't know about my strings...nyeheh. That makes this easier. If only a little.

==========================================

As Amatsu-Mikaboshi cast aside his previous opponents, he fixed his menacing gaze on a shining form as it hurled itself at him.

"You thought you knew, you thought you'd seen, everything that I had up my sleeve! Angel, god, and demon, you will believe! Open your eyes! Behold the Zenith Key! Zenith Evolution! ClavisAngemon!"

Sha burst from his cloak of light, leaving behind shimmering rays of white. The Mikaboshi met Sha's attack with his sword, stopping the ClavisAngemon in his tracks. With a wave of his arm, he sent Sha spiraling backwards.

Cringing, the ClavisAngemon righted himself in midair, readied his Key, and tore at the Chaosmon once again. This time, he used all of his power to lock the Mikaboshi's sword under his Key, and used his free hand to send the Chaosmon stumbling backwards with a burst of holy light. The Chaos glared at Sha through his glowing eyes, and Sha returned the glare.

"Cha-haw," he laughed weakly, clutching the Key in both hands. "I don't think you're as tough as your reputation claims...deep down, you're still little baby Mikaboshi who was never hugged by his father, aren't you?"

Griff4815

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
"Peacemakers!" Bedivere declared. "They've failed... the army is gone. They're dead... the Mikaboshi won."

It was with those words that Tyr felt what was left of his torn and damaged heart shatter...

Despite the fact that Tiwaz was still in control of his body, Tyr managed to bring his body down to his knee. "No..." he whispered, eyes wide and filling with tears. "They're all... they can't be..." The sorrow, loss, and hopelessness that the VictoryGreymon felt was multipled. "The Royal Knights... They can't be..."

"Tyr," Tiwaz said sternly.

"No... I-it's not true!" Tyr cried, doubling over further and wanting to disappear from the world. "Why... Why is everyone I care about dying?! Why can't I stop it?!" he shouted, breaking into choked sobs.

Tiwaz sighed and took control of his form, standing up. "You're wrong, Bedivere..." he said, speaking through Tyr. "As long as I breathe... As long as all of us breathe... He hasn't won. He will never win..." Tiwaz growled, staring deep into the Slayerdramon's eyes.

The form of the VictoryGreymon then flew towards the burning city of Avalon.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It's... horrible..." Tyr whispered, looking around in horror at the sheer devastation of the city of Avalon. He could barely recognize it through the damage and ruin.

"Tyr. Are you sure you can fight? We can't chance with your emotions. If you lose focus for even a second, we are both dead. These foes are not like the Royal Knights. They don't understand the meaning of mercy," Tiwaz explained.

"I... I want to fight," Tyr said, angrily looking at the Chaos Lords doing battle before him. "I... want to..."

Tiwaz stifled an approving grin. "Fine... but prepare to digivolve on my say so. And do exactly what I tell you, understand? Good. Do not screw this up, Tyr... the fate of the rest of us depends on it."

Out of the corner of his eye, they saw Bedivere attack Amatsu-Mikaboshi. "Keep them off my back! Those of you strong enough... fight this monster with me!" he called.

"That sounded like a challenge," Tiwaz growled, fighting the urge to change his route to fight Amatsu-Mikaboshi. "Bah... I already planned to take down the oversized eel. I'll defeat the prawn and then kill Amatsu-Mikaboshi single-handedly"

"We're going to fight the huge Seadramon, Tiwaz?" Tyr asked.

"With your anti-Dramon weapon and my size, we'll have the advantage against him no matter which form," the AncientGreymon answered within him.

"Okay..." Tyr said as he flew towards Typhon.

"TYR! Look out!" Tiwaz roared in warning.

The VictoryGreymon looked up to see the massive beam of a River of Power attack come towards him. His eyes widened and he threw himself to side, partially using the momentum he gained by swinging the Dramon Breaker. The gigantic attack narrowly missed him as he continued flying. The sheer heat of the attack could be felt by Tyr even though he dodged it and the pressure by its power was enough to send the VictoryGreymon flying backwards in the air.

Tyr let out an 'oomph' upon hitting something. He looked over his shoulder and was surprised to see Kheprius flying behind him, having caught him. "Let's take this glorified worm down, okay, Tyr?" he said.

The dragon-man offered the very slimmest of smiles and then turned back to Typhon. He tightened the grip on his sword and charged with a roar...