• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Digimon Unholy Crusade (RPG Thread)

Griff4815

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
"Damnit..." Kheprius thought. He watched from his doubled over stance as Bedivere was taken down. Even he, the ragtag mercenary, had heard vaguely of the dragon knight. This only proved how strong the Royal Knights were.

Kheprius rushed forwards to Galahad's side, raking his Gran Killer claws across his back as he passed him. The dragon warrior winced and swung around to strike and found Khep already swiftly approaching him. Sir Galahad was about strike, but he was halted as he felt the GrandisKuwagamon's knee plow into his face.

The Dynasmon roared and stumbled back as Khep passed him again. Sir Galahad spun around and saw Khep coming at him once again from the place he had just went towards. The Royal Knight sneered and raised his hands.

"Not this time," he whispered. "Dragon Thrower!"

Cardinal power exploded forth from his palms and hit Kheprius square in the face. The bug digimon was sent soaring backwards through the air. Galahad was already upon him. Khep attempted to use his pincers to strike at the approaching Dynasmon, but Galahad dove under him and came up behind where the GrandisKuwagamon was flying before putting him in a headlock.

Khep snarled and struggled against the Dynasmon, who now began flying with him. "Damnit," he whispered, attempting to hack with his Gran Killers at Galahad's arm, which was crushing his windpipe and exoskeleton protecting it.

The Royal Knight winced at the scratches, but nothing more. He merely kept flying with Khep. The bug looked ahead to see where he was being taken and he saw the massive wall of the rocky crag not far from them. Sir Galahad grinned and flew faster, fully intent on driving Kheprius face-first into the stone.

The GrandisKuwagamon looked over his shoulder and saw the group becoming farther and farther away. And then he came to a grim realization.

He couldn't stray too far from the group or else...

Sir Galahad kept on soaring with Kheprius in his grasp, and then suddenly electricity exploded from the bug digimon, which also coursed into Galahad. Both he and Kheprius let out a roar of pain. Sir Galahad released Khep from his grasp and they both plummetted to the ground. The GrandisKuwagamon landed on the ground in a heap but managed, after a few seconds, to drag himself a couple feet towards the group.

"What the blazes was that?" Galahad growled. He managed to right himself in the air and watched as Khep hit the ground. The dragon knight sneered and flew down to the crawling Kheprius, landing beside him. Sir Galahad kicked his foe square in the face, sending Kheprius onto his back. The GrandisKuwagamon was about to stand up but he felt Galahad's feet pinning down his wings. He looked up and glared at the knight who stood over him and raised his palms at the bug digimon.

His defiant stare was interrupted by coldly spoken words.

"Dragon Thrower. Dragon Thrower. Dragon Thrower."

Kheprius convulsed as attack after attack burned into him. He let out a roar on utter agony when the sixth laser hit him. After four more of the crimson beams slamming into him, he stopped moving and slipped into unconsciousness again at the hands of the Dynasmon.

Sir Galahad grinned and took Kheprius by the scissors.

"You're good, Kuwagamon, but I'm better," the knight muttered with a grin.

He spun around and gave a mighty heave, throwing his limp body at his next foe, Gigas.

----------------------------------

"I must say, m'dear, not many Paildramon would be able to stand against me for this long, let alone a female Paildramon," Sir Bors exclaimed, facing Pyra.

Pyra stood, her knees shaking, and slowly wiped the blood from her mouth. "Why, thank you, good Sir Knight... You're the strongest steed I've ever fought, too," she goaded

Sir Bors sneered at her. "That was a compliment, wyrm," he rumbled. Bors raised the Muspelheim at her and took aim. "Bifrost!"

The glacial arrow shot towards her at remarkable speeds. Without a second thought, she raised the guns on her hips. "Desperado Blaster!"

Pyra just barely managed to lead the arrow in the right place, riddling it with beam bullets. She was showered with icy splinters left over from the destroyed bolt.

Bors stamped the ground angrily with his hoof. "Enough of these games." He galloped towards her and raised the Niflheim shield in front of him. "Odin's Breath!"

A thundering blizzard whipped up from out of his shield and swept towards Pyra. She knew that she couldn't parry or evade an attack of that magnitude so she merely braced herself against the gust. The extreme cold bit at her flesh and cooled her armour. Within seconds, she could already feel her movements become sluggish as her joints and muscles began to shut down. The frigid wind chilled her to her core and she moved her eyes down to see snow and frost began to build up around her skin and armour. At this point she couldn't even clench her rigid fists and Pyra became still.

Bors stopped his canter just in front of her. He gently pressed against the ice-bound Paildramon's forehead, allowing her to fall harmlessly backwards to the sand. He smiled softly before turning his sights towards Dunk.

Last edited:

Kamotz

God of Monsters
As Tyr and Cador dueled, Thor caught his breath. Aside from the physical strain of facing the Royal Knights, the battle placed Thor's mind in chaos. It was simply overwhelming for him to fight against his father's legacy. But he was quickly learning to place his reservations aside and bring more of his strength to bear. He had to contain the battle and prevent anyone from getting hurt. He had the power to do so...if not the knowledge how.

Cador suddenly stole the upper hand, and prepared to impale Tyr on his lance. But Thor streaked through the air and grabbed Cador from behind. He drove him into the ground, grating his head against the stone as they flew, but a swift backhand knocked Thor off, and Cador retaliated with a ferocious stab that sliced across Thor's chest. Thor let out a roar of pain, but decked Cador in the face with a mighty punch.

Galahad the Dynasmon was beginning to grow frustrated with his insectoid opponents. He charged Gigas and gnashed against the bug's horns. The great insect had superior leverage, but Galahad had greater strength, and used this with his momentum and force to knock Gigas off his feet where his leverage meant nothing. Galahad grabbed Gigas by his horns and spun him around in the air before smashing him to the ground. He stood over the bug for a moment before slamming him with a massively powerful haymaker. The punch was so strong that Gigas's front horn cracked. Galahad kept his foot pressed on Gigas's throat and pressed down mightily. Gigas clawed at him, but Galahad was quick to knock away whatever claws came for him. He saw Kheprius rushing towards him, but Galahad simply extended his glowing hands.

"Dragon Thrower!" he shouted, and two beams of energy ripped from his hands and slammed into the black-armored bug. Galahad relinquished his hold on Gigas and streaked over to Khep and knocked him into the air with a vicious uppercut before slamming him back into the ground with a roar. "Breath…"

Thor saw Galahad's energy building as he and Tyr grappled with Cador in the sky. Desperation fueled him, and he struck Cador on the forhead with the pommel of his blade before dropping away and heading towards Galahad.

"Of…"

"Hold him as long as you can, Tyr!" Thor called out. He roared through the air, burning the wind in his wake.

"Wyv-"

Thor slammed into Galahad and tackled him away from Kheprius and Gigas. He drove Galahad into the ground, but Galahad spun and turned the tables on Thor, smashing him into the ground instead. He pushed Thor's face into the stone.

"Insolent boy," Galahad snapped. "How dare you!? You strike an opponent from behind? I thought the Son of Odin would have more honor than that."

"Kheprius! You and Gigas help Tyr," Thor growled as his face ground into the rock. "He can't hold Cador for long on his own." He lashed out and struck Galahad across the face with a backhanded blow. "Off me!"

"Kneel!" Galahad commanded as he smashed Thor's face with a vicious blow. "Know your place!"

Thor drove his fist into Galahad's midsection. "Know yours!" he growled. "End this madness now!" But Galahad smacked Thor with a terrible backhand and knocked him off his feet.

"The only madness here is your refusal to step aside," Galahad declared.

"Step aside?" Thor wondered quietly. "Step aside! How dare you!" He landed a vicious uppercut to Galahad's chin and sent the knight flying into the sky. "How dare you defile my father's legacy this way?"

"Dragon Thrower!" Galahad snarled. Two beams of intertwining power sparked from his hands and dove towards Thor, but the white paladin raised the White Sword and slashed it against the attack, shattering the energies. Thor let out a roar and hurled himself into the sky. Galahad met his charge.

The two clashed in the sky, spilling power and setting the sky alight with burning torrents of draconic energy. They spiraled into the sky, scorching the air in their wake. They smashed into each other, tearing one another apart with claw, fist, and blade. Thor suddenly surged forward and wrapped his fingers tightly around Galahad's throat. He drove the Royal Knight through the air and slammed him into the ground.

"Enough!" Galahad snarled as pure draconic flame roared from his body. The flame swirled around and took the shape of a terrible dragon. "Breath of Wyvern!" The fire-dragon surged forward with a howl. Thor raised his sword and the dragon slammed into it. Flames splashed across Thor's armor, setting it ablaze as well, but Thor held strong. He braced his blade against himself as Galahad's attack continued to press against him.

The runes on the White Sword began to glow, flashing white. They erupted with a howl and drew in Galahad's attack. The White Sword let out a cry as the attack flashed from within it.

Thor stared at his blade in shock, finally coming to the realization that he had activated its Initialize ability...though he had no clue how it had happened. But he wouldn't let it go to waste. With his blade still burning with the ensnared energies of Galahad's attack, Thor held it at the ready and rushed the knight. He reformatted the data of the attack, using it to push him through the air at breakneck speeds.

Thor was upon Galahad before the knight knew what was happening, and he slashed the holy sword across Galahad's chest with a roar. Galahad's own energies lanced into him and sent him spiraling from the sky, swathed in flame. He crashed into the ground and Thor dropped to hover over him.

"Galahad, enough," Thor said calmly. "Please."

"You stand with them?" Galahad coughed, spitting blood angrily. "You stand against us...and your father."

"My father wouldn't want this," Thor said.

"Are you so sure?" Galahad asked. "I knew your father very well, Thor. We spoke often on the state of the Digital World. I know what he would have wanted. That is why it is such a shame that you stand against us. And that is why I do this with a heavy heart."

"Do what?" Thor asked.

"Now, Dagonet," Galahad said calmly.

Thor was suddenly struck from behind as the Craniamon slammed into him with his shield. He was sent flying towards Galahad, who buried his fist in Thor's stomach and then struck him with a double-handed hammer blow and drove him into the ground. The two Royal Knights continued to lay into him, battering him with spear, shield, and fist; blasting him with flame and force.

"Hyper Prominence!" Thor screamed. Power ripped from his body and pushed the knights back. Thor rose to his feet, battered and bloodied. He held his sword at the ready, but all could see it was an empty threat...though the two knights were not completely unharmed themselves. Dagonet's shield was warped and twisted, barely usable. His armor was cracked and dented, his spear was rough-edged and chipped. Galahad was only marginally better. Several thin cuts decorated his armor from the attacks of Samael and Kheprius, the armor was dented and burnt. A long deep gash ran across his chest; the effects of Thor's attack.

"I won't let you do this," Thor declared through blood and clenched teeth. "I won't let this stand."

"How very noble of you," said Gawain the Duftmon as he strode over to the others, "Especially since you can hardly stand yourself."

"You cannot defeat us," said Dagonet. "I will offer you this one last chance to stand down, out of respect for your father."

"Take your offers and shove it," Samael snarled as he and Svarog walked to stand beside Thor. "It looks like three-on-three now. Are you fancy-pants knights ready for the beating of your lives?" They squared off.

storymasterb

Knight of RPGs
Caradoc groaned in pain as he stood. The force of Guinevere and Gawain's attacks combined had managed to revert him to his Valkyrimon form, which wasn't overall a hinderence since he'd need quite a bit of speed to compete now.

Guinier finished destroying one of the few remaining Knightmon by blasting it into data particles with her Dragon Impulse, before gliding over to her friend.

"Bedivere's down," she reported grimly.

"Damn it," Caradoc cursed "they're tougher than I thought." Guinier had to resist rolling her eyes, the Royal Knights were stronger than any of them had thought.

"Which Knight are you hitting?" she asked.

"Who took Bedivere down?"

"Sir Galahad. The Dynasmon."

"He's occupied," Caradoc replied, glancing over at Galahad while bringing up his crossbow and calmly shooting a Knightmon through the neck with Laser Javelin. It charged him, but the Valkyrimon simply sidestepped and beheaded it with a slash of his Feral Sword, barely missing a move in the faraway combat between Thor, Samael and Samhain against Galahad, Gawain and Dagonet.

"That's showing off," Guinier muttered under her breath as Caradoc turned his hawk eyes on the rest of the battlefield. Sir Bors, having defeated Pyra, was now heading for the Tamer partnered to the GrapLeomon.

"I'm taking Sir Bors," he said, taking flight in a fluid motion.

"Alone? Caradoc, you idiot, he just took down Pyra in one move!"

"I'm not an Ultimate Level and I'm faster than she is. Plus, I'm smart enough to not get caught by his attacks."

"You never change," Guiner muttered, cloaking herself in azure light "well, this time Caradoc, I'm not letting you go 'I must fight alone for my family's honour' on me."

Her form began to change, becoming more humanoid...

"Let future hopes ride forth this day. With courage firm, keep evil at bay. Let the sun warm cold hearts of frost. Stand with me now, all is not lost. Exalted Evolution. UlforceVeedramon!"

She stepped from her evolution as a tall, cobalt-armoured knight with two Digizoid rings around her wrists. Her great wings spread out and she took flight, effortlessly catching up to Caradoc due to the incredible speeds of her UlforceVeedramon form.

"This is my battle!" Caradoc shouted over the howling wind.

"Not if you plan to live," Guinier retorted. Caradoc threw a glance at her and sighed inaudibly.

"Very well," he murmured.

They both landed between Sir Bors and the Tamer.

"Stand aside!" the Royal Knight roared.

"Oh shut up, you overglorified mule," Guinier replied. Bors' eyes flashed in anger.

"You dare insult me, a Royal Knight?!" he roared "you dare to belittle the nobility and honour with which I and my comrades in arms have protected you from the worst evils of the Digital World?!"

"No," Caradoc replied, raising his crossbow "we just generally like ticking you off because you're on the wrong side. Laser Javelin." The bolt of power streaked from his crossbow and broke on the armour of the Sleipmon.

Guinier charged, unsheathing her Ulforce Sabers from the rings around her wrists and drawing an arm back in preperation to stab Bors through the neck.

"Tactics Mare!" Bors cried. Blazing arrows filled the air and Guinier was forced to make a rapid direction change to avoid becoming an overglorified pincushion. Her Blue Digizoid armour was nowhere near as strong as even Bedivere's Chrome Digizoid scale mail, so if those Chrome Digizoid arrows hit, then all the Blue Digizoid in the world wouldn't stop them.

"Ray of Victory!" she shouted. Power ripped from the V crest set into her breastplate and slammed into Bors with incredible force, blinding him for long enough for Caradoc to charge, leaping round onto the Knight's back...

"Feral Sword!" the Valkyrimon cried, slashing his blade across the back of Bor's neck. The Sleipmon gave a howl of pain and outrage, and reared up, throwing Caradoc to the ground. The Sleipmon raised his shield, blocking several slashes from Guinier's Ulforce Sabers before reverting the Muspellheim to data, grabbing the UlforceVeedramon by the throat and hurling her into the newly stood Caradoc, sending both tumbling to the ground in the heap.

"What a pitiful display," Bors snarled "and you sought to challenge us, the Royal Knights? The Council of Avalon must be senile in their old age." He raised his Niflheim shield.

"Odin's Breath!"

A blizzard howled from the shield and engulfed both Caradoc and Guinier, chilling them right to the bone. Frost and snow coated their forms and all warmth faded from their forms.

When it ended, they were frozen solid. Bors turned to the Tamer, whose GrapLeomon partner was charging. With a slight smirk, the Muspellheim appeared in the Knight's grip and flame blazed into a bolt of power as he raised it.

"I take no pleasure in what is needed," he said "but this course is the only way forwards."

The Tamer, a teenage girl in a white shirt and grey skirt, had despair in her eyes, but Bors was oblivious in the performance of his duty.

"Bifrost."

The blazing arrow howled forth and slammed into the GrapLeomon, tearing through the Digimon's armour and piercing its Digicore. Then the Bifrost exploded in a writhing inferno, the Digimon's howling screams of agony filling the air for a short while... then nothing.

Data particles began to rise from the inferno. The GrapLeomon's Tamer fell to her knees, tears running down her cheeks at the loss of her friend, her companion. But Sir Bors had no interest. He merely turned to face the remainder of the Tamers and Peacemakers...

TheSequelReturns

Faithful Crusader
It was no use, Lady Guinevere was simply too strong, as were the rest of the Knights. And to top it off, it looked like Kole was down. The Piedmon had taken a hit and collapsed, reverting back into a Phantomon. Duo could only hope that Lady Lucia and Trowa were faring better.

Duo charged his swords with fire once more as he turned to face the Crusadermon. Lady Guinevere looked at him with cold eyes. "So, you're next." she said.

Before Duo could react, Guinevere was upon him. "Fist of Athena!" she shouted as her Pile Bunker shattered Duo's already damaged swords and crashed into his chest. Duo gave a cry of pain as he was flung backwards.

Duo struggled to his feet again, tossing the handles of his shattered weapons. "I refuse to surrender." he said. "Your actions are simply wrong. There must be another way."

Lady Guinevere simply laughed. "It is you who is in the wrong. The humans have no place in this world."

Duo wasn't one to get angry easily, but this time he was going to go all or nothing. And looking at his current standing, it would probably be the latter. But he still had to try. He held out his hand. "Gaia Reactor!"

The energy sphere formed directly in front of Guinevere, but she managed to narrowly escape the resulting explosion. She was fast, really fast.

"Fool." Duo head from his left.

Duo turned just in time to see Guinevere's Pile Bunker hit him in the chin as she shouted "Fist of Athena!"

Duo was launched backwards through the air, but what Guinevere didn't see was the Gaia Reactor that Duo had set up at his feet. As Duo lost consciousness, Guinevere was caught up in the explosion from his last attack. Duo didn't get to see the result as his eyes closed and reverted to his Ultimate stage, a DexDoruguremon.

Last edited:
Galic didn't know what to do. Guinevere was right there, facing off against Duo. It was clear to him, however, that the Gaiomon was fighting a losing battle. But on the other hand, Dunk was causing massive mayhem by opening a multitude of Dark Area Gates in the area. He could hardly blame the Cerberumon, who was still in his X-form. The emotional injury he bore by seeing his brother more wounded than he ever was before was definitely something he coldnl't fault the Digimon for.

He suddenly heard Micheal order him to stop Dunk. Being an angel-type Digimon, especially one with such a high rank, he must have known what the gates were and wanted to close them.

Galic narrowed; this meant that Dunk's powers were being limited by the angel. And there were already many. He was mildly surprised that no one had staggered or fallen into one. That also meant he had to stop Dunk before someone did.

Gritting his teeth, he let out a resignated growl and dashed towards the older of his two charges, dodging the rocks that were being thrown into the air by everyone's crashes and attacks.

He stopped in front of Dunk, who looked to be in a terrible state. He gave him a guilty look. "Dunk, stop," he said softly, feeling his pain. He only had to look at the body of Azur right in front of them to know what he was going through. He didn't, however, but just looked at the Cerberumon.

He was on his knees, and his hands were spread out as if to accept something unkown into his body. His head was raised to face the sky. His eyes were completely dark purple, glowing with unrepressed power. His whole body was trembling, both from the excess power overload and from emotional pain. His wail was strong and loud, but full of sorrow and pain. It was easily clear to Galic's refined hearing.

Galic grimaced. He shut his eyes, and then yelled, "Dunkelheit Schattenlicht, as your mentor, I command thou to control yourself!'

It seemed to register a bit, for Dunk's wail lowered. But that was all.

"Tsk, tsk, tsk," he heard a voice behind him say. Galic's eyes widened. "How sad. You can't even control your own pet," Lady Guinevere the Crusadermon said, arms crossed.

Galic had known that she was caught in the explosion caused by Duo's Gaia Reactor. However, the only evidences of it were the slight dents on her leg armors and the soot covering it. She was definitely strong. Despite knowing that, Galic faced her and growled, but it didn't intimidate her.

"Now, now, that isn't something you should do in front of a lady."

"You are no maiden," Galic said, standing protectively in front of his apprentices. "You are a malicious, merciless monster."

"Hm. And you are a foolish, emotional mercenary who thinks that he can beat the unbeatable and gets easily angered when his pets get injured," she said. "The battlefield is no place to be sentimental. But I am feeling helpful right now," she said mysteriously.

Galic suspected that if he could see through her helmet, he'd see an evil smile. He prepared himself, ready to move at a moment's notice.

His eyes widened in terror when he realized what she was about to do. He knew his speed wasn't fast enough to stop her, but he could do something else.

He quickly rushed to get face-to-face to Dunkelheit. He wrapped his arms around his waist, just as he heard a voice say just beside his left ear.

"Fist of Athena"

He winced and gave out a yell of agony as he felt his back get struck in the back, blasting him and Dunk away. They both landed on the ground in a heap.

When Galic opened his eyes, the figure in front of him wasn't a Cerberumon X, but a plain Cerberumon. Dunk, no longer howling. Galic immediately noticed the lack of darkness in the battlefield; all the gates have gone along with Dunk's consciousness. The hellhound looked none the worse for wear if not for the tortured expression on his face.

Galic laid Dunk down slowly on the ground. He rose, tottering to his feet. He had suffered through a lot of pain. Still, Galic told himself that he had gone through more.

He turned to face Guinevere, who was looking at him.

"Impressive. You looked to have already been hurt severely, yet you were fast enough to defend your little pet," she observed. "And you took Fist of Athena point blank, yet you are still standing. What's more, you are still at Ultimate level."

The MachGaogamon narrowed his eyes as he took on a fighting position. "Tis wrong to underestimate me," he said simply, studying her and moving away from Dunk's body so that he wouldn't get hurt in the impending fight. Seeing Dunk's body, as well as Azur's from a distance, finally sobered him up. He definitely fought a lot better when he had a clear mind.

"Yes, I realize that. That is why I will need to finish you off now before you become a nuisance."

Guinevere rushed towards Galic with her Pile Bunker raised. Galic was ready; he dodged to the side, forcing himself not to flinch due to the pain rushing all over his body. He needed all his senses to at least stand a chance, if he had any in the first place.

The Crusadermon was too quick, however, and Galic had to winced when his right arm got cut by one of her band knives. His concentration breaking, he fell on his left shoulder, which only sent a shock of pain throughout his already fatigued body.

"You should stop now," Guinevere said, standing over him. "It will far be easier than resisting."

"Howling Cannon!"

Galic sent a supersonic shockwave right at Guinevere, forcing her to jump backwards to evade the attack. He used this chance to get up, giving the Crusadermon a determined look.

"I'm not out yet," he said, panting.

"Yet is the key word."

Guinevere appeared in front of him. She gave him an uppercut which he could no longer dodge. The impact caused him to rise in the air.

"And yet has arrived. Fist of Athena!" Just as he fell down, she aimed her attack right at his chest. The impact caused him to once more get blasted, this time right into a cliff face that wasn't made of glass.

Galic's body was embedded deep and stuck to the stone wall. His lupine head was hanging down. After taking that direct hit, his body decided that it couldn't take anymore. He was beaten and bruised all over, and blood was dripping from his the side lips.

"Let this be a lesson," she said, turning away. "You are no match for the Royal Knights."

Griff4815

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
Kheprius lay on his back. His black armour was riddled with slashes, scuffs and burns. His body ached all over and he was sucking in as much oxygen as he possibly could. He clenched his fists and stared up at the sky.

“No... I’m not finished... I’m the one in control...” he whispered to himself. “I have the power to be in control...”

His eye narrowed and with a strained hiss, he pulled himself up. His muscles burned with each of his movements, feeling like they would explode from out of his exoskeleton if he moved. Kheprius’ whole body protested as he pulled himself to his feet. His mind was what kept him going. All of his past training was not only to hone his fighting skills and to strengthen his body, but to also focus his mind. Meditation helped him when his body pleaded him to stop.

But he wouldn’t stop.

"Kheprius! You and Gigas help Tyr," Thor growled as his face ground into the rock. "He can't hold Cador for long on his own."

Kheprius slowly looked over at Thor, his neck searing with pain as he turned it even a little. The GrandisKuwagamon couldn’t help but hold a sliver of respect for Thor as he barked out orders even when being pummelled.

“Whatever,” he replied while glancing over at Tyr fighting Cador. He cast a sharp glower at Galahad before taking off towards the Examon. “Don’t think you’ve seen the last of me.”

Tyr frantically side-stepped as Cador thrust his lance towards him. The motion was very clumsy, in part due to the wound in his leg. When he trained back in the military, he always had trouble when fighting opponents who wielded sabres spears, tridents, lances, or any sort of horizontal stabbing weapon. When lugging around the heavy Dramon Breaker, it was always incredibly awkward to parry or defend against these types of weapons, especially when using it in two-handed form. The Dramon Breaker wasn’t something that you could easily or quickly spin around to try to parry those sorts of attacks. There is always a chance that he could get lucky with his Victory Charge defence, but Sir Cador was much too skilled and fast with the Ambrosius to fall for that. The Victory Charge was more for repelling ranged attacks and bulky slashing weapons.

Cador lunged forwards again with lance. Tyr responded with attempting a diagonal slash on him while backpedalling to avoid the Ambrosius’ fearsome strike. Tyr stepped on his own tail and nearly tripped over it as he tried this. Needless to say, Tyr was very flustered at this point. Everything was so unorganized- people switching opponents, people being taken down, everybody running around in the helter-skelter- it was taking its toll on the dinosaur, who was also beginning to be worn down by the fight.

“You’re slow on your feet, dinosaur,” Cador remarked.

“Hey, I’m every bit dragon you are! And that’ll happen when I get tired and confused and stabbed,” he replied as he swung around the Dramon Breaker at the Examon.

“You’re a drake’s dung at the very best,” the crimson Royal Knight replied while leaning back to avoid being cleaved by Tyr’s sword. After the sword passed by him, he lunged forwards again. “Tired, eh? Well allow me to put you to sleep.”

Tyr’s eyes widened as Sir Cador raised the Ambrosius lance and plunged it towards his face. He could see down the barrel of the lance as it rushed towards him. The metal tip planted into the end of Tyr’s snout, but it was suddenly wrenched to the side and retracted. Kheprius slammed into the Examon’s side and sent both he and his foe sideways, with the Ambrosius being pulled along with them.

The VictoryGreymon stood there in shock for a few moments and he slowly prodded the clean hole on his golden helmet covering his snout. A single drop of blood dripped out of it and trickled to then end of his muzzle before falling to the ground. Tyr let out a shaky sigh of relief and forced himself to focus on the enemy, who was grappling with a nearly exhausted Kheprius.

Sir Cador roared and punched Kheprius off of him before steadying his lance and giving a defiant snarl. “Why do you fools not see the truth in what we are doing? We’re ridding our home from these pesky humans who treat digimon who are dumb enough to be drawn to them as if they are objects. You treacherous lot mean to say that we should open our world to humans? They have their own world and we do not corrupt theirs. Have we warranted this heresy?”

“No...” Kheprius whispered to himself.

“Humans don’t want to invade our homes! They just want to be friends with digimon and live in peace!” Tyr interjected.

“What naive garbage!” Cador retorted while moving subtly to the side to get into a tactical striking angle. “Are all of you traitors as much of an idiot as he is?”

“I happen to agree with you,” Kheprius muttered, more to himself than to his enemy.

Sir Cador picked up on this and raised an eyebrow. “And yet you stand against us? Why?”

“It doesn’t matter,” the battered bug replied. “All that matters is that you’re my enemy and you must be slain! Grandis Scissors!”

He lunged at the Examon, hoping to catch him in his grasp, but the knight flew upwards and pointed the Ambrosius. “Pendragon’s Glory!” he roared, blasting Kheprius away with a high-powered red laser.

Tyr took this opportunity and lunged upwards with the Dramon Breaker. He swung the sword in an overhand fashion and managed to slice across Cador’s lower leg, drawing blood that fell to the earth. Tyr heard a pained snarl above him as he began his descent back to earth. Suddenly, he felt a burning pain in his back and he fell to ground flat on his chest. Tyr was hit by two lasers, compliments of a very angry Cador.

With Tyr struggling to recover, the exalted drake turned back to Kheprius. “You idiot! Why wouldn’t you join our cause?!”

Kheprius glared at him. “I have no choice,” he answered, not particularly thrilled at Cador’s idea.

“There’s always a choice. If you do not embrace choice than you are no better than those digimon who have submitted themselves to humans and follow only orders. If that’s the case, you don’t deserve to live. Avalon’s Gate!

The Examon dove down at Kheprius with his lance firm in hand. As he expected, the GrandisKuwagamon was already defending himself, so Cador decided to take a more spontaneous approach. He threw the Ambrosius lance at Kheprius like a javelin. This took the dark bug off guard and he struggled to adapt a new defence. The lance plummeted towards him, headed straight for his throat. Just as the weapon was an arm’s length away, he brought his two Gran Killers together. The Ambrosius screeched as it slid between the two claws. Kheprius focused all of his energy on keeping the Gran Killers firmly together and the lance tip neared his throat. The weapon came to a halt just inches away from him and Khep’s arms shuddered from exertion.

Sir Cador gave a grin of both admiration and victory as he descended. “You blocked one half of the attack...”

Kheprius looked up at him at confusion. Suddenly, a shell burst out of the Ambrosius and slammed into Khep’s chest, exploding on contact. The black-armoured digimon was thrown back as an inferno singed the front of his body.

“... But forgot about the second half,” Sir Cador said as he landed beside where the lance fell. He picked up his trusty Ambrosius and his wings sent him hovering in the air not far above the ground. The Caledfwlch wingspan sensed a presence from behind him and quickly reacted, moving the Examon out of the way just in time to avoid a mighty slash from Tyr.

The VictoryGreymon stopped for a few moments. He was panting and drenched in sweat from the fight, not to mention the wound in his leg still trickled blood at a steady pace. “We... We can’t lose... Not a team like this... Everyone’s trying so hard... But they’re just so strong...” he whispered to himself between heavy gasps.

“The sooner you all accept defeat, the better,” grumbled Cador.

“We’ll never give up!” Tyr shouted, gripping tightly on the Dramon Breaker. “The Royal Knights would never give up, so neither will I!”

“... We are the Royal Knights,” Sir Cador explained, looking at Tyr as if he was questioning his sanity.

“And you guys were my heroes before you started this stupid crusade!” he roared before lunging at Cador.

The Examon swept down and clashed with Tyr. His clawed foot plowed into Tyr’s face and the Dramon Breaker nicked his side. The VictoryGreymon was sent to the ground. Just as Tyr was down, Kheprius was back up and tearing through the air towards Sir Cador. The dragon knight raised his Ambrosius to attack, but Kheprius quickly flew to the side and avoided it as he closed in on him. “Grandis Scissors!

His black pincers clamped tightly around Cador’s upper chest and the drake awkwardly grappled with him.

“You can’t use the lance in the close proximity, can you?” Kheprius said with a malicious smirk while closing his pincers in on him.

Sir Cador sneered. “No, but I can do this.” Suddenly, the Examon began to fly upwards in the air at great speeds. He began to ascend into the exosphere with Khep still attached. The GrandisKuwagamon looked down to see the ground become farther and farther away and he was forced to let go, before he got electrocuted again. Sir Cador stopped his ascent above him and grinned.

“Good choice.” With that, he raised his two fists (one clutching the hilt of his lance) and brought them down like a meteor on Kheprius’ head, which he attempted to block against but was too sluggish. He was knocked downwards and attempted to right himself in the air. The Examon merely raised the Ambrosius, aimed it, and fired. “Pendragon’s Glory

A shell exploded from the lance and impacted with Kheprius’ shoulder and right wing. A freezing solution was released from it and coated his shoulder and wing.

“Crap...”

Kheprius began to fall. Without being able to move that wing, he couldn’t fly or keep equilibrium. He plummeted and Cador followed him every second of the way. Kheprius winced as he hit the ground on his back. His already pained body seemed to be screaming at him. Sir Cador hovered above him and impaled him deep through his left wing, pinning him to the ground.

“Stay put. This won’t take long,” Sir Cador said, launching himself into the stratosphere.

“Khep!” Tyr shouted, rushing towards the GrandisKuwagamon as fast as his limping body would allow.

By the time he was even half way there, Sir Cador was already in the exosphere. “Draconic Impact!

He plunged himself towards the ground where Khep lay immobile. Tyr managed to get to Kheprius side. He planted the Dramon Breaker in the ground and began to try to wrench the Ambrosius out of Khep’s wing, but it was planted deep into the ground.

“Come on...” Tyr whispered, using all his strength to try to remove the lance.

“Behind you...” Kheprius choked, glancing over Tyr’s shoulder.

Tyr heard a distinct whirring which whistled and gradually grew louder. He turned around and his eyes widened when he saw what was comparable to a red comet heading towards them. The dragon-man quickly turned back around and began yanking at the Ambrosius.

“Fool... get out of here...” Kheprius said.

Tyr shouted in response, “No!”

Sir Cador was getting ever-closer and the metal around him grew ever-hotter. He grinned when he saw both his foes in the same place. “This is insultingly easy.

He dove towards them; they were impossible to miss. Tyr glanced up and saw that there was no escaping now. The VictoryGreymon threw himself over Kheprius in and attempt to cover him.

“You idio-“

Sir Cador drive himself into Tyr’s armoured back and an explosion of terra erupted around them. The VictoryGreymon started to let out a roar of agony as he and Kheprius were crushed deep into the ground, but he was unconscious before he could even continue. The GrandisKuwagamon under him felt the same great pain, causing him to howl as he and Tyr were driven into a crater formed by Cador’s attack. The attack ceased and the dust cloud began to settled on the unearthed ground around them Kheprius was barely holding onto consciousness, but he was pinned by Tyr’s body, and even if he wasn’t, his body was far beyond its vigour’s limitations.

The Examon grinned and stood over them, placing his clawed foot victoriously on Tyr’s cape-clad back, the green fabric of which was charred in some places from the Draconic Impact. He effortlessly pulled the Ambrosius from the ground and looked down at the two. The dragon knight saw that Kheprius still managed to keep conscious. He couldn’t help but smirk at the digimon’s tenacity.

Cador pressed the tip of the Ambrosius against Kheprius’ throat.

“If you’re going to kill me, do me the honour of sparing me your gloating and get it over with,” Khep hissed, barely able to speak at this point, especially with Tyr crushing him.

Sir Cador smiled and let the lance stray away from him. “Now you have seen our true power, bug. Take what you saw and felt today and let it sink into your mind. Maybe you’ll re-evaluate your true goals and desires. Now you know that you would be better suited our ally than our enemy.” He gave Kheprius a final glance. “...Until next time.”

With that, Sir Cador took to the air and flew away from Khep, who lay awake, but motionless. A toothy smirk crawled on the Examon’s face as he flew away...

Last edited:

Kamotz

God of Monsters
"The Odinson is mine," Galahad announced as he, Gawain, and Dagonet readied to battle. He lunged forward with such abruptness that Thor was caught unprepared and tackled to the ground.

"Then I've got this pointy little pansy," Samael snarled. He drew his swords and leaped towards Gawain. But the Duftmon simply raised his rapier and easily parried Samael's blows.

"Black Aura Blast!" Gawain called out. He slashed with his sword and a burst of energy slammed into Samael and sent him flying. The Fallen Angel struck the ground hard but managed to rise up once again.

Samael smirked as Gawain stalked towards him. He had one last chance for victory. With an angry roar, Samael tossed his two swords into the air above Gawain's head. Gawain glanced up; it was all the distraction Samael needed. He grabbed his shotguns and raced forward, blasting at Gawain as he ran. His blasts pelted the knight, forcing him to defend himself. Then one of the shotgun rounds struck Gawain's hand and knocked his rapier away.

The Fallen Angel dropped his guns and leaped into the air. He grabbed his swords and prepared to swing down on Gawain's head with all his might.

"Spiral Masquerade!" Guinevere shouted. Samael was suddenly and viciously assaulted by the razor-edged ribbons, and his attack was halted in midair. He crumpled to the ground and was sent flying courtesy of a merciless kick to the face by the Crusadermon. She continued to attack relentlessly, punching and kicking him, enjoying the feeling of his resistance to her. The Fallen Angel would have none of it though.

Samael lashed out with one of his blades, cutting a long gash across Guinevere's chest. He cut through her armor and drew blood. The sheer nerve of Samael combined with the suddenness of the attack stunned her, and she was only just able to dodge a potentially fatal stab aimed at her throat. Guinevere was momentarily overwhelmed and Samael looked to take full advantage of the situation. But it was not to be.

A sudden sharp pain in his gut told him that he'd been injured. Samael looked down to see the blade of Gawain's rapier protruding from his stomach. The blade withdrew from his body and pain flared through him as he choked out a cry. But the cry was smothered when Guinevere regained her senses.

"Fist of Athena!" she growled. She slammed him into the ground with a powerful blow, forming a rather large crater around the point where his body impacted the earth. The smug countenances of the Royal Knights were the last things Samael saw before darkness claimed him.

===

"Phoebus Blow!" Svarog roared as he rushed forward, trailing fire. His fist slammed into Dagonet's shield and knocked the dark-armored knight back. Svarog continued his attacks, forcing the knight on the defensive. The fiery war-god drew on a well of strength he had never known. The thrill of battle drove him forward; he finally had a real opponent; real warriors worth his time and effort. He raised the flames between his hands, drawing them to white-hot strength. "Sol Blaster!"

Fire exploded and swallowed Dagonet. The great knight let out a cry of pain as the flames penetrated through the cracks in his armor and burned it red-hot. Svarog poured his will into the flames, raising them into a roaring inferno. The fire consumed away all the oxygen around Dagonet, and the knight could feel himself growing weaker by the moment.

"Bifrost!" A burning red arrow ripped into Svarog's back, and he howled in pain. Several more arrows followed, burying themselves in his back and legs. Svarog dropped to the ground and his inferno dissipated. A furious Dagonet stalked forward angrily and raised his spear. With a roar he slashed it across Svarog's chest and the war-god let out a roar of his own...this one a roar of pain.

But Svarog refused to fall completely. He pushed himself up on his knees and struggled to his feet. The two Royal Knights before him were impressed, but not concerned...Especially because a third knight was about to join them.

"Dragonic Impact!" Cador roared as he rocketed down from the sky. He slammed into Svarog and drove the fire-god into the earth. This time, Svarog didn't rise.

===

Galahad crushed Thor into the ground, but Thor placed his sword between them, preventing Galahad from further pressing his attack. The jewels on his palms began to glow, and his Dragon Thrower began to build.

"Splendor Blade!" Thor cried out desperately. His sword burst with light and he slashed it across Galahad's chest. The knight's attack was abruptly interrupted and he reeled back. Thor lashed out with a kick and caught Galahad in the stomach, forcing him back further.

Thor prepared to attack again when the remaining five Royal Knights strode to Galahad's side. There was no way for him to grasp victory, not even with his Paladin Mode. To face so many Royal Knights was simply too great a task for the Son of Odin.

"Stand down, Odinson," Gawain ordered. "You have fought bravely, so we will spare you and your comrades, but you must cease this foolishness. Your comrades are defeated. There will be no victory for you today."

"No!" Thor shouted. He remained in a fighting stance, even as his hands and body shook from exhaustion and the edges of his vision blurred. "I won't let you do this. I won't stand idly by and watch you murder the innocent! Even if I must stand alone...I. Will. Stand."

"You are not alone," said Michael as he slowly descended from the sky to stand beside Thor. He placed a hand on Thor's shoulder. "It is not always easy to do the right thing, but it is always right. Your father would be proud." Michael turned his unwavering glare towards the six Royal Knights. They were outnumbered and outmatched, but their hearts were strong. This group of Peacemakers had faced the Royal Knights with unyielding determination.

Michael was proud to stand and fight beside them...and die, should the need arise.

"If you would continue on your path, then be warned; I will strike at you with all the power of Heaven," Michael declared. The Royal Knights didn't move. They didn't falter under his gaze. Michael raised the Excalibur. "Very well. You were given a warning. You would do well to heed it. Because between the brutalizers and their victims there always stands--THE HAND OF GOD!"

storymasterb

Knight of RPGs
Though Michael's speech carried the very weight of the heavens, the Royal Knights were not intimidated.

"Stand down," Sir Cador spoke "you are outnumbered and surely outmatched." The six Knights readied themselves, weapons being raised for battle. Michael and Thor remained resolute.

"So be it," Lady Guinevere said "you have had enough chances." And with those words the Knights attacked.

Sir Cador lunged from Trowa, angling the Ambrosius at the TigerVespamon calmly as the Caledfwlch carried him with ease granted by centuries of shared bond.

"Pendragon's Glory!" the Examon roared, the Ambrosius discharging twin shells on his command. The shells exploded against Trowa in twin blasts of flame that engulfed the Digimon. Before the explosions had faded, Cador was already soaring into the exosphere. As he arrived, the Caledfwlch adjusted their position, making their master hang suspended for an eternal second before Cador's center of gravity was pulled forwards and he fell to earth once more, snapping the wings closed and extending his lance.

He fell onto Trowa like a meteor, crushing the Digimon into the ground and impaling him with the Ambrosius. The TigerVespamon reverted to Cannonbeemon from the force, but still struggled against the Examon.

"Avalon's Gate!" Cador roared. Shells poured from the Ambrosius in quick sucession, exploding inside Trowa and dealing severe damage that forced the Cannonbeemon into unconciousness. Sir Cador withdrew the Ambrosius, spread the Caledfwlch and soared to help his allies...

-

Guinevere faced Lady Lucia, and the two Digimon were determined. Their clashes of Fist of Athena and Grand Cricket had already shaken the area around with the sheer force.

But Guinevere was bored and frustrated, and she had suffered enough monotony. Employing her superior speed, she leapt over the QueenChessmon and with a shout of "Spiral Masquerade!", her ribbon blades stabbed into Lucia's back. Guinevere followed with a savage "Fist of Athena!" cry punctuated with a forceful blow from the Pile Bunker.

Lucia was thrown forwards heavily by the attack, but stood and charged for Quinevere, who extended her left hand.

"Laser Lattice!" she called. A net of laser light burst from her palm and entangled Lucia's legs, sending the Lady in a very unladylike sprawl to the ground. Guinevere strode to the pinned Lucia and drew back the Pile Bunker.

"Fist of Athena!"

With that, she slammed the Pile Bunker into Lucia's helmet, causing instant unconciousness in the QueenChessmon. Satisfied, Guinevere strode away gracefully to fight again.

-

Sir Dagonet and Sir Bors together fought Michael. The mighty Hand of God was a worthy opponent, and his swordsplay had already proven to outmatch the might of Sir Dagonet up close, while the MagnaAngemon had been able to deal with the ranged power of Sir Bors as well.

"End Waltz!" Dagonet roared, spinning the Claiomh Solais. Power ripped from the rotation, but Michael forced his way through and slashed Excalibur across the Knight's breastplate with holy force and might. Dagonet howled in shock and outrage, striking down with his spear, but Michael neatly evaded and struck with Excalibur again, opening a thin cut across Dagonet's chest.

"Bifrost!" Sir Bors roared from the side, and Michael ducked and rolled to avoid both the blazing bolt and another strike from the Caliomh Solais. While the coordination the Knights displayed was exemplary, Michael could anticipate too well...

"Fist of Athena!"

With that, something very hard struck Michael from behind and he was knocked sprawling forwards, right in time to be laid flat by a ferocious blow from Dagonet's spear.

Guinevere, Dagonet and Bors gathered around the angel, who tried to stand, but was immediately knocked down under a hail of slashes from Guinevere's Spiral Masquerade.

Guinevere and Dagonet stood aside and Sir Bors raised the Niflheim shield.

"Odin's Breath!" he roared. The mighty blizzard howled from the shield and enveloped Michael in its folds, freezing him solid against the hard earth. Once it ended, satisified with the result, the three Knights left to assemble with the brethren.

-

The White Sword created a spray of sparks as Thor wearily slammed it against the Austerben rapier of Sir Gawain, only to be smashed to his knees by a ferocious punch from Sir Galahad.

"Know your place!" Sir Galahad roared "stand down! Your comrades have fallen. Your resistance has failed. Stand down, Odinson!"

Thor was defiant and tried to stand, but a blow from the Ambrosius fell on him as Sir Cador landed from the side. The lance sent Thor sprawling into the mud, landing at the feet of Sir Dagonet, who struck him away with the Caliomh Solais as he tried to stand.

The six Knights encircled the son of Odin, weapons readied.

"Shall we slay them?" was Dagonet's question.

"No, Sir Dagonet," Sir Galahad responded "I promised the Odinson their lives, and an oath sworn by a Knight is not to be broken. Leave them, and him alive."

"For now," Cador spoke "should you resist again, Odinson, our mercy shall not endure." As Thor tried to stand weakly, the Examon pinned him with the Ambrosius.

"Lord Artorius will be ill-pleased," Guinevere spoke "Dagonet. Bors. You lost twenty fine men to this rabble."

"A rabble of skilled, trained and equipped warriors chosen personally by the Council of Avalon, Lady Guinevere," Bors retorted "no Knightmon would have stood a chance if even we were pushed."

"Forget this argument," Gawain said "let us attend to the matter at hand." Curt nods from the Knights followed and Galahad picked up Thor by the neck, forcing the Imperialdramon to look towards the Tamer partners of the Orochimon and Andromon, who were standing by their partners, perhaps planning to assail the Knights.

"Sir Cador, the Orochimon," Galahad said "Sir Gawain, the Andromon." Cador and Gawain stepped forwards before charging, both taking flight in their movements. The partner Digimon unleashed attacks, but the Knights evaded with incredible skill before counterattacking...

"Avalon's Gate!" Cador roared, diving and impaling the Orochimon through the Digicore with Ambrosius before emptying the lance's shell payload into the Digimon, sending explosions ripped through its flesh. As it was consumed by fire and Cador pulled back, the Orochimon screamed in pure agony before it broke apart into data...

"Extinction Wave!" Gawain called, slashing with the Austerben. A blast of black energy ripped from the arc and cleaved into the Andromon, fracturing its Chrome Digizoid body before Gawain dived in and beheaded it elegantly. It was a hideous artform of murder, horrific and captivating. The Andromon died instantly, shattering into data. Both Tamers collapsed to their knees in shock and horror as Cador and Gawain withdrew to the sides of their comrades.

"That is the futility of resistance," Galahad spoke to Thor "that is the true cost of opposing us. We are inclined to be merciful with you this one time, Odinson, for you undertake this action under command of the Council. But when you return to Avalon, warn them not to attempt to intervene in our crusade again, or our mercy shall quickly leave us. I hope you take my advice, Odinson, for I have only the greatest respect for you and those who fought beside you this day. Farewell."

He dropped Thor to the ground and the Knights turned away, taking flight and departing for Camelot...

(Basically now just post your characters recovering somewhat and waking up if unconcious. After everyone's done that, I'll take us back to Avalon for a session with the Council.)

PeeGee

ROAWR!
Kole slowly opened his eyes, his stomach still aching.

"Ugh, what happened?" he asked, trying to get up onto his now non-existent legs. "Where are my legs?"

Quickly looking down, Kole saw that not only didn't he have legs, but he didn't seem to have a very corporal body either. Realising that he de-digivolved into Phantomon, Kole suddenly remembered where he was.

Guinevere! thought the Phantomon, looking around for the Royal Knight.

However, he saw that she was gone. What did see was that nearly everyone was extremely hurt, and that there were no Chosen digimon.

"Does anyone need any help?" called out Kole as he floated up, there were probably more injured digimon out on the field.

Hotshot

Nocchi peeked up from his earthy pillow. Glancing around warily, he thought, Is it over? Did those other guys all die? His eyes fixed on Gigas, who was slowly lifting himself up and brushing off the dirt and debris that clung to his exoskeleton. Gigas looked over in the Puppetmon's direction and grinned.

"Nocchi! You're still alive! Hohohoho!"

Nocchi groaned. Aw, nuts. He's still alive.

Gigas stumbled over to him and helped the puppet up with his huge claws. When Nocchi could stand, Gigas took a step back and surveyed the Puppetmon inquisitively. "Um...Nocchi...I think you have termites. There's a gaping hole in your chest."

Nocchi rolled his eyes. "That's from the skinny knight's sword, Ding-dong. I pretty much took him and the others out...but then I let them escape. I was feelin' merciful today."

Gigas placed his hands on his hips and bit his lip. "Er...Nocchi...you went down a while ago. I couldn't tell what happened...but it appeared as though you had died."

The Puppetmon threw his arms up in frustration and exclaimed, "Yeah, but then you blinked and I jumped up and scared them all off with my awesomeness!"

"...I don't have eyes."

Griff4815

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
Tyr's eyes twitched. As he drifted back into consciousness, his orange eyelids slowly opened to reveal glossy emerald orbs. He let out a groan and slowly shifted around on whatever he was collapsed on. Tyr sluggishly turned his head to see Kheprius under him, glaring at him all the while.

"Get the hell offa me," he hissed.

Tyr smiled awkwardly and very slowly got to a kneeling position, allowing for Kheprius to move. The bug digimon winced and sat up with a strained growl.

Tyr finished inspecting his leg wound, which managed to clot itself while he was unconsious, and looked up at Kheprius. "You're in pretty bad shape; need some help?"

"Look who's talking. And no, I don't need help," the wincing Khep replied.

Tyr cringed also and looked around at the others, many of whom were still injured. "I guess we lost..."

"No kidding. I thought that dragon crushing us gave it away," Kheprius said, glaring.

The VictoryGreymon’s gaze settled on the three tamers who each sat apart from each other in their own personal sorrows of having lost their close friends. His heart twisted and turned inside of him and he slowly looked at the ground. “Poor humans...”

The GrandisKuwagamon looked over at him in confusion.

Tyr didn’t glance back at Kheprius. “The poor guys just lost their friends... They must feel awful. Maybe I should go see if I can give them a shoulder to cry on or something,” Tyr solemnly suggested.

“You do that. And there’s a baby Poromon who hurt his wing over that way, while you’re at it,” Kheprius added snarkily.

“Can you take care of that, please? I might be awhile,” Tyr said obliviously while slowly making his way towards the tamers. He began with the female tamer, sitting silently beside her and gently placing his hand on her back comfortingly as she sobbed.

“I’m sorry,” he whispered. He looked around and saw many of his comrades badly injured. Tyr was particularly concerned when he noticed the state of his new friend, Dunk. The VictoryGreymon felt a knot in his throat, but he quickly forced himself to swallow those emotions. He let out a deep, shaky sigh and looked down at the human he was attempting to comfort.

“Unbelievable,” Kheprius muttered, having now gotten to his feet. “What a White Knight complex. It’ll get the guy killed, for sure.”

He gradually made his way towards the bulk of the group, flying over the many rends and craters in the ground beneath his feet. Khep glanced around the ensemble and saw Pyra standing, holding her arms close to her chest, and shivering. She was thawed by Svarog’s proximity to her and was obviously still cold. Her teeth were chattering and she decided to move around to keep her blood flowing.

She heard Kole –now a Phantomon- ask if anyone needed help. She turned to him and replied, “Thank you, but I’m okay.” She was lying through her teeth since she still had many wounds and was freezing.

The Paildramon looked around and saw Galic and his two charges, Dunk and Azur, who she was supposed to be watching over. They were either coming out of unconsciousness or already up. She let out a resigned and dissatisfied sigh and walked over to the older MachGaogamon. Pyra approached him and bowed her head upon standing in front of Galic.

“I’m sorry, Galic. I failed to do what you asked of me. Dunk and Azur could have died because of me,” she said, trying her best to cover up the guilt and grief in her voice. “I was supposed to be responsible for them...”

Pyra grimly awaited what reply she expected to receive.

Kheprius sat down, cross-legged, and closed his eye. He began silently meditating to help ease his body and help it heal quicker. He intended to do this in peace until everybody set off for Avalon.

Kamotz

God of Monsters
A veritable onslaught of profanity rolled out over the edge of a crater as Samael came to. He rolled to his feet, coughing as a sharp pain ripped through his side, and his legs, and his back, and his front...and everywhere else. He groaned as he hauled himself out of the crater and stumbled over to where the rest of the so-called Peacemakers were gathered, each attempting to stop the pounding in their skulls.

"Here's a thought, everyone," Samael said. "Next time, don't lose."

"Do you really think this is an appropriate time for jokes?" Thor asked, wincing as he did. He glanced over to the three Tamers, the heartbroken three.

"Who's joking?" Samael asked. "I'm completely serious."

"I hate to agree with this unholy scum," Svarog said as he limped his way over to their gathering. He collapsed to his knees beside the others and rolled onto his back with a groan. Even his flames looked bruised. "But I'd also rather avoid this happening again."

"While we're all here, let's take the time to laugh at helmet-head's predicament," Samael said. He pointed over to Michael, still frozen in a block of ice. "I told him he needs to chill, but I didn't think he'd take it so literally," Samael laughed. "I told him to have an ice day, but this is just ridiculous!"

"Do you ever shut up?" Svarog growled. "My head is already pounding. I don't need the sound of your voice making it worse."

"Say that to my face," Samael snapped. He tried to stand up, but pain shot through him. He sighed and lay back down. "Come over here and say that to my face."

"Ha!" Svarog laughed from where he lay on the ground. "You can't even stand up."

"Neither can you!"

"Would you both shut up?!" Thor roared. He shot to his feet angrily but pain lanced through him and he stumbled, forced to support himself with his blade.

"Real threatening," Svarog muttered.

A sudden cracking sounded from where Michael stood, and with a roar, the Hand of God tore his way from his frozen prison and sent ice exploding out in all directions. He let out a frozen breath and brushed the remaining frozen pieces from his body. His body began to glow, and a healing light washed over him. He was sore, but his injuries were gone.

The glow began to spread from his body, "Heaven's Heal," Michael whispered. The light flared out and washed over the group, sealing wounds and mending broken bones.

"Ugh," Samael dry-heaved. "I feel so glowy and warm and fluffy...I think I'm gonna be sick."

Galic's body, gravity finally taking it's course, fell down from the cliff face. The proceeding force of head-on-ground stimulated his nerves enough to bring back bits and pieces of his consciousness.

Groggily, he let out a grown and raised himself from the ground to his hand and knees. Semblances of pain was still rushing throughout his body, but the moments respite from adrenaline and injury allowed his body the chance to dull out most of them, particularly the excruciating one on his chest. Staggering, he pulled himself up on trembling knees. He couldn't help but wince when the movement caused more pain to bolt up his spine.

"It woke me up, at least," he muttered to himself. It was then he registered what happened.

He looked around him, mildly surprised to find that the Knights were gone. But that wasn't his priority; he needed to find his apprentices. The closest one was Dunk. Grunting, he forced himself to walk towards the Cerberumon, his speed the slowest as it had ever been for the first time in years.

When he finally stood over the quadrupedal canine's form, he stood still for a moment. His ear twitched when he heard Pyra's voice.

"I’m sorry, Galic." The MachGaogamon turned to face the Paildramon. "I failed to do what you asked of me. Dunk and Azur could have died because of me. I was supposed to be responsible for them." She sounded like she was nearing tears.

Galic understood how she felt at the moment. Above all, he was the one who was supposed to watch over them. He was the one who indirectly brought them, who were just tagging along with him since he saved them, to the battlefield in the first place.

Before he could say anything, he suddenly felt warmth surround his body. He closed his eyes let out a reflexive sigh when the pain on his body disappeared. He opened his eyes and turned them to the angel Digimon, Michael. He reminded himself to thank the angel personally later on.

He then turned back to Pyra. He shook his head at her solemnly. "Tis not your fault, young Pyra," he said softly and reassuringly, "I saw for myself that you tried your best. A fight is a fight, and we cannot always afford to divide our attenion between defending ourselves, attacking our enemy, and protecting someone else. I, myself, couldn't even protect them. The Knights were too strong, and we were unprepared for the worse," he said, mostly to himself. "There was nothing we could have done at the time."

He clenched his fists. He needed to train.

"Yeah, you saved me," Dunk's voice suddenly appeared. Galic turned his head to his apprentice, who was standing unsteadily on his paws. Other than the obvious tiredness and weariness, he looked physically fine. His eyes, however, were still in pain for his brother. He gave Pyra a small smile. "And you tried to help Zur," he said, trailing off. He looked at Galic, fear for his brother in his eyes.

Galic turned his attention to Zur's form, which was a few meters from their position. "Go on, Dunkelheit," he told his apprentice, "I still have something to say to Pyra." Dunk needed no convincing, and he ran off to his brother's prone form.

Galic turned back to Pyra and smiled. "Nonetheless, Pyra, I still thank you for trying." He bowed his head. "Despite the outcome of this fight, I still want your help in watching over them, especially in Azur's case. Dunk, at least, doesn't really have a drive to fight. But Azur would do anything to protect those he cares about, and that includes Dunk. He needs someone to keep him level-headed, and I can't always be there." He turned Pyra and gave him a large, toothy grin. "Just think about it, okay?" he told her before jogging off to Dunk.

=========================================================

"Galic, he's awake!" Dunk called out to his mentor, who arrived to stand beside him.

Azur's eyes were open and conscious. His whole body wasn't completely healed, evidenced by the shallow cuts on some of the injuries that hadn't recovered perfectly. They were, at least, no longer life-threatening.

Azur stood up and seemed to have noticed that he was in his Adult form. His face darkened and he started muttering.

Dunk blinked. "You want to cut off your what? Why would you want to do that?" he asked, listening to his brother's words.

Galic sighed. It seemed to him that Azur also knew that he got beaten. And when he did, he would say dark things about himself...over and over and over again. 'Well, at least this means he feels well enough to feel normal,' he thought, shaking his head.

Dunk turned to Galic and said, "He said he was going to jump off a cliff."

Galic smiled. "You of all people should know this is normal for him. He should snap out of this after a while."

Dunk nodded and placed a paw on his brother's shoulder. "Can I jump off a cliff too? It sounds like fun!"

Azur looked at his brother and gave him an 'Are-You-Crazy?' look. He rolled his eyes and tried to walk, but he suddenly fell on his knees.

Galic looked at him curiously. "Looks like you didn't get healed enough to hold yourself for long," he said, more to himself than the Garurumon. "I guess it can't be helped.

A few moments later, Galic was carrying Azur on his back. Dunk just grinned at the very red, very visible blush on his brother's face.

Galic couldn't help but sigh and smile. The brothers were safe. But in his mind, he was anything but feeling safe for the two. He needed to get stronger.

TheSequelReturns

Faithful Crusader
Duo struggled to his feet and looked around the area. Most of the others seemed to already be up. As he reached up to brush the dust off of his face, he noticed something. He was in his Ultimate form. The battle must have taken more out of him than he thought. It had been a long time after all.

It was a bit harder to dust himself off with his now short arms, but he managed as best as he could and headed off to find Trowa and Lady Lucia. He stumbled across Trowa just as he was waking up.

"Ow, my back." Trowa said as he began to hover a bit uneasily. He turned to face Duo as he came up. "Wait, do I even have a back?"

Duo ignored his remark. "Where's Lady Lucia?" he asked.

"Oh, I'm fine. Thanks for asking." Trowa said.

"I can see you're alright."

Trowa made as close to a down look as his face would allow. The expression was of course exaggerated. "As for the Queen, it was kind of hard to keep tabs on her after I was knocked out." Duo began a scowl, mostly out of frustration. "Don't get all serious with me, you didn't last too long yourself."

It was a that moment that Lucia walked up to them. "I see you two are alright." she said. Duo noted that she was still a QueenChessmon, she must not have gotten injured too badly.

"Lady Lucia, I'm glad you're unharmed." Duo said.

At that moment, a wave of something washed over the three of them. Duo could feel his wounds closing up and his energy starting to come back. He looked over to see the Michael radiating some kind of energy. He appeared to be the one who had healed not only them, but it looked like everyone else as well.

"Come, let's go and meet up with the others." Lucia said. Duo and Trowa followed her over towards where the rest of the group was gathering.

storymasterb

Knight of RPGs
(Since Rotrum won't be back till tomorrow and everyone else has posted, I'll do my post now.)

The pain roaring through him was too much to bear. Bedivere gave a low moan as the agony reached its peak, just trying to focus enough to banish the uncertainty and the darkness, to try and force back the shutters of his eyes...

To just... open them... to just see what had happened...

His eyes slowly opened to reveal his reptilian slit-pupils, as he winced at the sudden light of the sun. With a groan of pain, he forced himself to sit up, only avoiding cutting himself on the ragged edge of the Fragarach by sheer luck. He put a hand to his forehead and tried to force off the pain and stand.

He barely managed the feat, and he soon fell to one knee, battered and weakened by his battles with the Knights. Blood dripped from the corner of his mouth to the ground, he wiped it away with a hand, ignoring the red streak it left on his scales.

His eyes fixed on the grieving, heartbroken Tamers, their tears all too clear, and his head fell in shame as he realised what must have transpired.

"We... failed... them..." he whispered in shock and horror "I... failed... them..." He felt a blazing rage rise in his heart, so fierce and bloody red, an anger towards the Royal Knights. The anger forced back the pain and he stood, ignoring the searing agony running through him. He took forced strides over to the Tamers, sometimes feeling his knees start to buckle, but he forced himself onwards.

He stopped next to them, and it finally became too much, he fell to one knee.

"I'm so... sorry..." he whispered to the three "we tried our... best to... protect them... to protect you."

"It wasn't enough."

The girl had spoken, raising her head to stare at him with unrelenting sadness and pain.

"You promised you'd protect us, that was why you came," she spoke, and every single word was an accusation, a knife in Bedivere's heart "you came all high and mighty, ready to fight off the Royal Knights... but look what your overconfidence left us with! It left us here with nothing but heartbreak and pain! You were so ready to believe in yourself, so look at what's left for us! Nothing!"

"We..."

"No!" she cried "I don't want to hear excuses! I don't want your pity! I just want you to leave me alone, Peacemakers! Your kind did this, they took their powers and weapons and they killed GrapLeomon, my one true partner and friend!"

The other Tamers met Bedivere's gaze with sorrow, but there wasn't another among them who dared speak. Agony had stolen their voices.

"I am truly sorry," Bedivere said softly "and we tried. But the Royal Knights..."

A loud SLAP resounded as the girl's hand slammed against Bedivere's face, the rough scales tearing into her hand and making blood well up like crimson tears, but her tear stained eyes were lacking in any care for the wounds. All that lay there was bitterness and sorrow.

"I don't want to hear your excuses! You failed us! So just GO AWAY!" she screamed.

Bedivere stood as Michael's Heaven's Heal washed over him, and he sighed. The scales where the slap had landed were slightly discoloured, but no further harm had come to him and he just turned away, raising the broken Fragarach and focusing. A flash of fire, a burst of light and the sword shone anew in his grip, though he felt drained by the effort.

Caradoc and Guinier smashed free of the ice prison, Guinier retaining her UlforceVeedramon form briefly before reverting to normal. The two shivered greatly, especially the already cold-blooded Guinier.

The two moved to Bedivere's side with worried expressions.

"We failed," Bedivere whispered "we swore to defend them, and instead we were swept aside like leaves from a storm."

"We fought our strongest and hardest," Caradoc said somberly "and we were nothing."

"Oh, cheer up for Avalon's sake!" Guinier snarled "we aren't dead!"

"But those Tamers' partners are," Bedivere retorted sharply "three innocent lives snuffed out from our failure. Three innocents left grieving for the loss. We could have stopped this, but we didn't."

"We could never have fought effectively!" Guinier argued "for heaven's sake, brother..."

"No!" Bedivere shouted "don't you dare mask our failure, my failure! If I'd led us better, if I'd given the orders that needed to be given, if I had acted as a true leader, would this have turned out as it has? No! This is on me, and now I have to live with the blood of three innocents on my hands! This could have turned out far better a battle if I had been ready, but I wasn't!"

"Bedivere..." Guinier said softly, stunned by her brother's pain "we all failed them. We all let this happen."

"This isn't our fault at all," Caradoc said "this is down to the Royal Knights. If we should be blaming anyone, it's those traitorous wretches."

"The Knights began this," Bedivere said "but I allowed them to end it."

"You didn't!" Guinier protested "none of us could match them once they divided us with the Knightmon."

"It doesn't matter," Caradoc said "the battle has been decided, but the war has only just begun. Bedivere, we need to return to Avalon to recuperate, plan our next move." Bedivere nodded grimly.

"Peacemakers!" he yelled "form up! We're returning to Avalon! Gigas, get the Tamers and carry them back with us! Everyone else, on guard in case the Knights come back for the Tamers! Let's move out!"

With that, they departed, bringing the grieving Tamers with them...

-

A few hours later...

"What in the name of Odin was THAT?!" Angra Mainyu the Megidramon roared. Being subjected to the blood dragon's fury at such close range was truly terrifying.

"Calm, Angra Mainyu," Sei-Ryujin said serenely.

"CALM?! CALM?! These fools just allowed three Digimon to be killed under their watch, Sei-Ryujin! And you expect me to be CALM?!"

Griff4815

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
Tyr stood from behind the tamers as Bedivere attempted to apologize as well. He watched in bewilderment at the Tamers' responses. When he was comforting them, they were too overcome with grief to properly or coherently display their emotions, so it looked like they were taking it out on the poor Slayerdramon.

The dragon-man winced as he saw Bedivere get slapped. It was more emotionally painful than physically though; even Tyr felt the effects of it. He couldn't begin to imagine what those humans were going through, but he didn't envy any of it. He closed his eyes and let out a sigh as Bedivere turned to trudge back to the Peacemakers. The VictoryGreymon followed.

"Worthless digimon," he heard one of the male trainers snarl, the words stopping Tyr in his tracks. He just sighed and pretended not to hear the sorrowful human, going on to go back to the Peacemakers. Tyr stood nearby their leader as he listened to him argue with Guinier and Caradoc.

After Bedivere gave the order to move out, Tyr walked up to him. He nodded his head respectfully before looking him in the eyes with a serious leer. "You shouldn't blame yourself, Bedivere; none of us saved them... I know that's not much consolation, but we had no way of knowing four more Royal Knights would show up. Either way... there's no point dwelling on it. All that we can do is hold our heads up high, look towards the future, and make sure that we're prepared next time. If anyone can lead us through this, it's you." He gave him a friendly pat on the shoulder before flying forwards.

----------------------------------

Hours later

"CALM?! CALM?! These fools just allowed three Digimon to be killed under their watch, Sei-Ryujin! And you expect me to be CALM?!" roared Angra Mainyu.

Tyr and Pyra both cringed and looked at the ground as if the Megidramon was their father and he was chewing them out for a misdemeanour.

Kheprius, however, didn't move a muscle and he gave the Avalon Council member an antagonizing look. "Our watch? Excuse me, your lordship..." he began, putting deliberate sarcastic emphasis on his words. "But I wasn't watching when the three digimon were killed."

Pyra quickly shot the charcoal-coloured bug a 'shut the hell up' look. The GrandisKuwagamon took notice of this and watched the dragon-woman digimon slowly edge her way over to him. "Yes?" he murmured now that she was beside him.

"Be quiet before the Council or I'll tell the others that you're actually a prisoner who was sent to aid us," she threatened in a hushed tone.

"Oh? Well I have news for you, sweetheart; go ahead. You can shout it from the mountain tops for all I care. There's no sweat off my back if, heaven or Michael-forbid, somebody doesn't like me. You may care what people think of you, but not me," he whispered.

"I don't care what people think of me" she responded.

"Of course not," Kheprius said before turning back to the Megidramon that was now glaring down at him.

Pyra sighed and turned forward to await further chastisement. Tyr felt the loss was bittersweet. While he couldn't help but feel awful about the humans and their digimon, he was extremely relieved that none of the Peacemakers had died. Things could have been worse if the Royal Knights had less honour... much worse. He thanked his lucky stars for the fact that they were all okay, other than having a battered pride and newfound sense of guilt... well in most of the Peacemaker's cases.

Last edited:

Hotshot

"Peacemakers!" Gigas heard Bedivere yell, "form up! We're returning to Avalon! Gigas, get the Tamers and carry them back with us! Everyone else, on guard in case the Knights come back for the Tamers! Let's move out!"

Gigas sighed and glanced back over his shoulder at the Tamers. He approached them cautiously, fumbling with his large claws as he went. "Uhh...er...'scuse me...Tamer-people?"

One of them glared up at him and snarled, "What do you want?"

"Well, I...uh...Bedivere told me to carry you guys...so..."

All three Tamers turned away from him angrily. "We don't need anymore of your help, Peacemakers. We'll find our own way back. Now get outta here, you piece of--" He was promptly interrupted by the hard tap of a hammer on his head. The Tamer fell to the ground, unconscious.

Nocchi sighed and shook his head. Looking up at the other two, he growled, "Either of you guys wanna end up like him?"

The two Tamers shook their heads, and consented to Gigas carrying them without further argument. Gigas gingerly cradled the unconscious Tamer in one hand, while holding the other two in another. Nocchi clambered up Gigas' back and took his seat on the insect's head.

"If I hafta fly, then I'm gonna do it in style!" exclaimed the Puppetmon, using his puppet-strings as reins, so at least he felt like he was in control. "None of this carryin'-like-a-doll-stuff!"

Nocchi grinned and pointed into the sky. "Towards our future! Hey, that's kinda catchy..."

==========

Hours later...

"CALM?! CALM?! These fools just allowed three Digimon to be killed under their watch, Sei-Ryujin! And you expect me to be CALM?!"

Nocchi rolled his eyes. Death-count of three. That's a number I can live with. He adjusted his hammer so that it rested against his shoulder. Shaking his head from side-to-side mockingly, Nocchi half-listened to the rest of Angra Mainyu's rants.

Gigas, on the other hand, sunk back with each petrifying word that came from Angra Mainyu's toothed mouth. The HerculesKabuterimon knew he should have done more to protect the Tamers. He was strong...he knew it...but he hadn't been strong enough. Nervously, Gigas fidgeted where he stood, glancing at each of the Peacemakers in turn. Pyra and Kheprius seemed to be having their own little conversation.

Gigas smiled. It made him happy seeing his comrades getting along.

PeeGee

ROAWR!
Kole looked at the tamers with sorrow in his eyes, he didn't think that he would ever be able to understand the pain that they felt.

"Peacemakers!" Bedivere yelled "Form up! We're returning to Avalon! Gigas, get the Tamers and carry them back with us! Everyone else, on guard in case the Knights come back for the Tamers! Let's move out!"

Hearing the leader's call, Kole began to rise into the sky. He felt strange being back in his Phantomon form, but he would just have to get used to it.

--------

A few hours later...

"What in the name of Odin was THAT?!" Angra Mainyu the Megidramon roared. Being subjected to the blood dragon's fury at such close range was truly terrifying.

"Calm, Angra Mainyu," Sei-Ryujin said serenely.

Kole felt utterly humiliated being berated by the dragon digimon. He also felt something rising inside of him, an anger that he hadn't unleashed in a little while. But he was able to keep the anger down, the last thing that he wanted to do was anger a digimon capable of destroying him with ease.

Yeah, they can really talk thought the Phantomon I mean of course they were fighting the Royal Knights, weren't they?

Kamotz

God of Monsters
Thor desired nothing more than to speak his mind, to tell Angra Mainyu to keep his forked tongue behind his teeth. His father had warned him about the hellfire god; he told stories of Angra Mainyu's wrath and temper. It seemed that Bevidere, Pyra, and Kheprius were on the receiving end of the blood-dragon's rage...though in Khep's case it was more because of his disrespectful attitude. That wasn't going to score any points with the Council. This brow-beating wasn't getting anything done.

"Regardless of whether you remain calm or not, there is still the matter at hand," said Michael, settling the debate quickly and decisively. "That we are even alive as a feat unto itself. The Royal Knights are not to be taken lightly."

"I did not ask you for excuses," Angra Mainyu seethed. "I asked you to do as I say!"

"I'd like to see you do better, ya' ugly salamander," Samael snapped.

"How dare you!" Angra Mainyu snarled. "I should nail you to the gates for your insolence!"

"That's enough," Ahura Mazda cut in. "This gets us nowhere. We must decide what course to take next. The Royal Knights will not be deterred, this much we know. They have made it quite clear that they have no qualms about killing partner Digimon. Luckily they haven't escalated to killing Tamers as well. We don't know how long this will last."

"I cannot imagine that Artorius would do something like that," said Thor.

"You also didn't believe he would slaughter partner Digimon," Svarog argued. "Your record with the Royal Knights has been far from impressive."

"Digimon can be reformatted after their deaths," Michael pointed out. "Humans can not. Perhaps there is a method to Artorius' madness. There is still some innate nobility remaining in the actions of the Royal Knights."

Despite the bored look on his face, Galic really was listening. People who knew him well enough, or those that were particularly observant of him, could tell by the small twitch on his ear that always happens when he's listening. He looked like he was only staring on obliviously as Angra Mainyu's rage got directed at them. What could he say? He wasn't able to what he was supposed to do best: protect others. This was a blow not only to his pride as a guardian, but also as Dunk and Azur's mentor.

Speaking of the two, Azur, still a Garurumon, was still in halfway out of his self-degrading state, while Dunk was trying to snap him out of it completely. Of course, just asking his younger brother to do things that he found fun didn't exactly work.

Galic hoped that Azur wasn't taking this too hard. He was downhearted enough without someone enforcing it. Dunkelheit, at least, was taking it all in stride. There were a few things that got the Cerberumon down for long periods of time. And he seemed to not be paying too much, if at all, attention to the discussion happening before him. He was too concentrated on bringing his brother back to his normal self.

The semblance of attention came into Galic's eyes when the topic turned to the next move they should make.

"I rather find it a dishonorable thing. I would not wish for anyone to completely lose him or herself through reformatting simply because of a difference of opinion, and they have also left those who are involved in this, the humans, infected by a hate that is directed not only towards the knights, but all of Digimon-kind," Galic opined, eyes on Michael. "It diminishes the chance of the peace between us, Digimon, and the humans, while increasing the risk of a full-scale war happening between the two. The Royal Knights have resorted to brutal methods simply because they wish to do so."

He turned to the Council, standing straight and tall.

"If I may be so bold, may I suggest a short team building activity of sorts on the way to the next destination?" Galic said, with a hand under his chin. "We were completely unprepared against the Knights, and it was only due to the leadership of Bedivere and Thor, as well as our ability to go on fighting, that we were able to last as long as we had."

Galic remembered the efforts of the two pseudo-dragons against Dagonet; it was they who were able to turn the tides, even for a little while, by working together to seriously injure the Craniamon. He could still see the rampaging, wild flames caused by Thor's attack. They showed great teamwork for two digimon who just met. For most of the rest, however...

"It would also be a chance for us to create sound strategies and foster cooperation among our ranks, rather than rushing into a battle knowing only what our foes have shown us and what little we know about each other." Galic remembered one of his father's old lessons; most raiding groups were formed by newly allianced bandits who simply rushed without a plan. That was a key factor in the defeats such Digimon suffered. Galic had to wonder if this was part of the reason they were also defeated so utterly.

"Also, if it is possible, I'd rather wish to gain more information about the knights that are quite famous," Galic added, slowly turning his voice to himself.

'Personally, that was the first time I have ever seen the Knights fight in person,' he thought.