• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Digimon: Viral assault of the Mirror Crests *Begins*

Typhlogirl

keep battling on!
Well, we're starting! Here's the prologue.

Agumon was in pure bliss.

Positioned comfortably in a tree hollow, the little orange dinosaur digimon laid back and closed his bright green eyes. His stomach was full, he was safe and comfortable and he had never been happier. Except for when he was with Tai, of course. But sometimes, solitude has its benefits. Since peace had come to the digiworld, everyone seemed to be in a good mood. No matter where he went, digimon were sharing, caring or working together to achieve something. It was a pleasant change from what had sadly become the norm.

The Rookie mused on what had happened since he had first evolved from Koromon on that fateful day, when he had first met Tai. So many memories, some good, some painful and some triumphant. But nothing could replace that one. He cherished that memory like a golden treasure inside his heart. Nothing could take that away from him. No evil presence, whether human or digimon, could steal that away.

And that was enough.

Suddenly, Agumon heard something approaching. The sound was foreign, like a slithering, but more phantomesque. The digimon poked his head out of the hollow to locate the source of the noise. He could see nothing. Strange. The noise had stopping. All of a sudden, Agumon felt someone tapping his shoulder. He looked up.

And nearly fell out of the hole.

“Tai? Tai, is that you?” he asked the being perched above him on the slanting trunk. It was sitting frog-like, gripping the trunk with its hands. Tai’s face grinned down at Agumon. But it wasn’t Tai, Agumon could now see that. This…this thing was not his digidestined partner. For one thing, its skin was a dead, clammy colour, like a zombie. And it didn’t look like it was composed of anything more than smoke. But how did it touch him then?

“Hi Agumon.” The creature said, its voice a disgusting, guttering drawl. “Didjya miss me?”

“Who are you?” Agumon asked carefully, not wanting to anger it. “Are you a digimon?”

The creature leapt off the trunk, back flipped, and landed in front of Agumon.

“What’s the matter Agumon? Don’t you recognize me?” The creature continued to grin, standing upright. It could have been Tai’s clone, other than the fact it looked like a ghost. Agumon slowly moved backwards.

“I don’t know what you are, but I don’t want to fight you.” He said, arms raised in a peaceful gesture.

The being’s grin widened. “Don’t want to fight? That’s very…cowardly.”

“Cowardly? What do you me-UGH!”

The shadowy creature had leapt at Agumon, knocking him back down into the groove. They disappeared from view for a few seconds. Then a claw grasped the top of the hole.

Agumon pulled himself out of the hollow, his red eyes gleaming as a twisted version of the Crest of Courage appeared on his forehead. He grinned as grey lines traced down his figure.

“No one likes a coward.” He said softly, his normal cheery voice distorted into a harsh rasping growl. The digimon trotted off, still wearing that strange, insane grin. He cackled loudly to the sky.

“No one likes a coward!”

---

Gabumon quickly popped his head out of the pool, and looked around. No-one. Good. He weaved his way along the bank and scrabbled around in the bushes for his fur coat. After taking another quick glance around, he scrambled out of the pond into the scrub. He emerged out fully dressed. Baths were so annoying and uncomfortable. But if he didn’t take them, he stank. The dog-like digimon had always disliked water, and he hated having to take his fur coat off to clean himself fully. But at least he wasn’t being bothered by irritated water digimon. He had carefully selected this hidden pond amongst the ferns for that specific reason. Since Davis and his friends had defeated MaloMyotismon, it was far more likely to find quiet, peaceful places like this. Gabumon brushed himself off, and picked off stubborn burs from his fur. He then turned around to be met by Gatomon’s bright blue eyes.

Gabumon let out a yelp of surprise, and fell back into the pond. Gatomon laughed loudly, perched comfortably on a branch with her long tail hanging down, the golden ring sending the sunlight into a surreal pattern. Gabumon gasped for air and clawed his way to the edge of the pool.

“G-Gatomon?” he stammered. “How-How long have you been there?”

Gatomon didn’t reply, merely continuing to look at Gabumon with a playful expression on her face. Gabumon shivered from cold.

“Man…my fur is gunna smell really bad.” he said, trying to break the uncomfortable silence. Gatomon smirked, and calmly leapt off the branch, landing cat-like (how else!) in front of Gabumon. The rookie shivered again. The cat digimon had her head down.

“Er, Gatomon? Are you alright?” Gabumon asked, trying to warm himself. Gatomon sure was acting strangely. She slowly raised her head, her normally kind face twisted into a hideous grinning mask. Her sapphire eyes began to turn a blood scarlet, and a mutant form of the Crest of Light appeared on her forehead.

“G-Gatomon?!” Gabumon cried, backing away slowly. Gatomon took a step forward.

“I’m not Gatomon.” she said softly.

“Then who are you?!” Gabumon yelled. “What have you done to Gatomon?”

“Let’s just say…I’ve released the darkness in her heart.” the Thing replied, its voice changing to a rough, but still feminine, growl. “And it will soon be your turn, Gabumon. After all, I don’t want you to be my…enemy!” Gatomon threw back her head and howled with laughter. Gabumon had his back to the water.

Suddenly, the Dark Gatomon raised her fist.

“LIGHTNING CLAW!” she shrieked, leaping at Gabumon.

It was only sheer luck that saved the Rookie. He slipped backwards in shock in the shallows, kicking his legs up and into Gatomon’s stomach. She was flung, screeching, over Gabumon’s head and into the water. The dog-like digimon scrambled to his feet and fled, leaving the frantic splashing of the shrieking and howling cat digimon behind him.

---

Biyomon landed on her head again.

“OW!” she cried, rubbing the sore area. She glared daggers at the stubborn fruit tree refusing to give up its bounty to her. Its trunk bore several scratches from where the small pink bird had tried climbing. But it was no use. The tree was simply too tall for her undeveloped wings to reach. It was typical. She could fly in every single one of her digivolutions except the one she was stuck on. Oh, if only Sora was here! She could help Biyomon digivolve to Birdramon, so she could reach the fruit and they could have a picnic on the roots. The rookie smiled blissfully at the happy picture in her mind. That would be so wonderful.

Biyomon stood up, brushed herself off, and prepared for one more try at the monster tree. Leaping into the air as hard as she could, she pumped her small pink wings with all the strength she had left. Pain lanced through her body, but she didn’t stop. The branches she was aiming for got closer and closer. She was nearly there! Almost…done it! Biyomon shoved a claw out and grabbed the branch just as her wings gave way. Pulling herself up onto the branch, she cheered happily and reached out for the closest piece of fruit.

And then she noticed the trees other occupant.

“Eh? Who are you?” Biyomon asked the figure sitting on the branch. It had a piece of fruit in its shadowy fingers. If Biyomon hadn’t known better, she would have sworn it was Sora sitting there. It had the same appearance, except everything about this creature was grey and ghostly. It rolled the piece of fruit around in its fingers.

“I’m no-one.” It said softly, its voice whispery. “No-one at all.”

“Oh.” Biyomon replied. “Well, I’m sure we can be friends!”

“No, I don’t think so.” The creature responded, tossing the fruit down. It stood up. “I’m sure you’ll come to hate me in the end.”

“Hate you? What do you mean?”

The creature didn’t answer. Instead, it leapt off the branch, straight at Biyomon, its face creased with concentration. Biyomon yelped in surprise as it crashed right into her, slamming her against the tree trunk.

The bird yowled as she fought with the unbelievably strong…thing, in too close to fire her Spiral Twister attack. Then, before Biyomon could land a punch, it had disappeared inside her!

“What in the wo-“ Biyomon suddenly lost control of her voice. Something was controlling her movements! The rookie thrashed around as her throat started to constrict, cutting off her air. She continued to stagger around as she fought the obtrusive presence inside her.

And then she slipped.

Biyomon opened her mouth in a silent scream as she plummeted earthward. She hit the ground with a sickening smack, and moved no more.

---

Patamon felt the breeze flowing through his ears as he glided around above the digiworld. Below him, the digimon prowling the plains were mere specks. The orange digimon smiled happily, and continued to float lazily on the air currents. Peace was fun. Patamon liked peace. It was nice to finally have some quiet in the digiworld after all the drama that had happened since TK and his friends had first come out of the sky.

The rookie examined the sky around him. It was blissfully empty…but wait. What was that strange shape coming towards him? Patamon squinted hard, trying to make out what the shape was. Upon closer inspection, Patamon could see that the shape had red colouring, and was flying on buzzing insect wings.

“Tentomon!” Patamon cried happily, waving a greeting, expecting Tentomon to stop. “How are you?”

Tentomon didn’t stop.

“Tentomon?” Patamon asked, slowly starting to move back. “Hey…slow down…you’re gunna hit me!” he cried, turning to move.

Before the small digimon had a chance, Tentomon had slammed him in the side, nearly knocking him from the air. Before Patamon could recover or retaliate, Tentomon had grabbed him roughly.

“Tentomon, what are you doing?” Patamon cried, struggling in vain to release himself from the iron grip. The bug digimon said nothing, his eyes glowing an eerie red colour. “Let me go; you’re hurting me!”

Then an odd shape began to materialise from mid-air. Humanoid, it took the form of a being Patamon knew so well.

“T…K?”

Without saying anything, the being flew straight at Patamon.

The rookies screams echoed through-out the plains.

---

Panic invading his senses, Gabumon dashed through the forest at a speed he didn’t know he was capable off. Branches cracked across his face, stinging him, but still he didn’t slow his hectic pace. Nothing mattered right now than getting away from Gatomon. What in the world had happened to her? She was insane! If Gabumon hadn’t tripped, who knows what would have happened to him. Would Gatomon really have injured him…maybe even killed him? Gabumon didn’t really want to think about it.

He continued running blindly through the trees, chest heaving as used up his energy. Suddenly, his foot caught in a vine, and the rookie went head over heels onto the ground.

“Gabumon?” A voice asked.

Gabumon lifted his head. “Palmon? What are you doing here?”

“I could ask you the same question.” replied the plant digimon, helping him to his feet. “Why were you running?”

Gabumon explained to Palmon the reason’s behind his mad dash through the forest. Her eye’s widened.

“That’s exactly how Gomamon was acting!” she cried.

“Huh?”

“I went to visit Gomamon, you know in that spring where he lives now, and he attacked me! He looked so strange, and there was something wrong with his eyes.”

“…was there a twisted crest of Reliability on his head?” Gabumon asked softly.

“Oh yeah! There was too! How’d you know?”

“Gatomon had a twisted Crest of Light on hers.”

“Ah. That explains it then. Well, let’s go.”

“What?” Gabumon was surprised at Palmon’s snap decision.

“We have to get out of this forest, if what you said is true. Gatomon could be around.”

“You’re right. Let’s go.” The pair began to pick their way through the undergrowth.

High up in the darkness of the canopy, two red eyes flashed.

The pair continued to travel for a few hours till they reached the edge of the forest. Gabumon sighed, and sat down.

“Boy am I tired. I need to rest!”

“Ditto. Let’s stop here.”

But before either digimon could react, the figure that had watched their progress from above leapt down in front of them.

“Gatomon!” Gabumon cried.

“You will pay for knocking me into the water!” she hissed, claws drawn.

“Hurry Palmon, we have to fight!” Gabumon raised his own claws, expected Palmon to stand alongside him. To his ultimate shock, he felt the cold tentacles of Poison Ivy wrapping around his body.

“Palmon!? What on earth!” He turned to look at the plant digimon. He moaned in misery and shock when he saw red eyes glaring back at him.

“You tricked me! I thought you were normal!” he wailed.

“Yes, I did deceive you, didn’t I? You were so easy to trick.” She purred. “And now we can claim the final member of the digidestined digimon. Isn’t that right Darkness?”

“Oh yes Deceit. We have done well. Enmity?”

Gabumon’s terrified eyes widened as a shadowy figure stepped out from behind a tree. Had it not been composed of what looked like smoke, Gabumon would have sworn it was Matt.

“And now the final one.” Gatomon growled.

“LICHT NAGEL!” cried a voice. Palmon shrieked as gleaming nails of light pounded into her body. Gatomon howled as she and the shadow met the same fate. Gabumon felt a clawed hand grab his arm. A scowling Strabimon had him by the arm.

“Damn Mirrors. Master’s gunna freak! Oh, right. Hold on Gabumon, I’m gunna get you out of here!” With a loud cry, the two digimon were surrounded in a circle of blinding golden light, emitting from a collar worn by the digimon. The last thing Gabumon saw was Gatomon screaming in fury as the two digimon disappeared.

Soz if that seemed a tad rushed or anything. BTW, I looked up Strabimon's attack Licht Nagel and it translated from German into 'Light Nail'. So I decied to shape the attack like that.

Here's the real start to the RPG.

The sun shone down brightly on the grassy plain. The thin green tendrils of plant life waved slowly in the gentle breeze gliding around carelessly. The plain was devoid of all intelligent life apart from a lone figure standing near the middle. The blue digimon stood upright, his oddly patterned scarf blowing in the wind. His face was neither feline nor canine, but did have traces of both. He wore light blue pants, and large black gloves with dangerous-looking purple claws jutting out of each finger. Similarly styled garments covered his feet. Belts were randomly strapped around his limbs, and he had a strange glittering gold collar around his neck. In total, he looked rather intimidating. He stood wielding a peculiar yellow sphere.

Strabimon held the gleaming orb up into the sky, just as his master had told him, and recited the words he had memorised. Within seconds, the clouds opened up, and eight golden beams shot down around him. He continued to chant, and the orb began to glow with a blinding light. Eight unconscious figures floated down through the beams to land gently on the ground. The beams slowly dissipated, as did the orb. Strabimon smiled. His master was right, again. He put his arms on his hips as the eight figures began to awaken.

“Finally! Geez, you guys took your time waking up!” he said, grinning. A few of the eight were muttering, others staring at him with wide eyes. One boy began to open his mouth to ask a question, but Strabimon raised his hand, cutting him off.

“No questions at the mo’. Oh, and your digimon will be here soon. I’ve sent them messages. The ones in your world, however, are a bit harder to reach, but we’ll get them!” The blue digimon rubbed his head with one hand. “It’s this blasted virus that’s the problem. It’s making transport between the worlds a real pain in the backside. ‘Tis a good thing my master knows how to thwart it. To a degree, anyway. But we can’t do everything to stop it. We can, however, guarantee that your digimon will get here safely and untainted.” Strabimon beamed at the befuddled group. Before anyone could get a word in edgeways, the digimon continued his speech.

“The virus has been an absolute pain for us, I mean, all these digimon being destroyed by others. It’s a nightmare. I mean, are the virus digimon evil or just screwed up? Where are we supposed to put them? Reborn them or send them to the World of Darkness? It’s very confusing. And we’ve got to try and purify them before we do anything so the virus doesn’t spread and it’s a total MESS!” he yelled, grabbing his head.

Everyone stared.

Strabimon blinked, and lowered his arms. “Erm, sorry about that. What was I saying? Oh yeah. Virus. Let’s talk about that later. For now, I have something to give each of you.” The bizarre digimon snapped his fingers, and the collar on his neck gleamed. Eight small shapes appeared around him. They slowly floated to each human member of the group, and hovered at torso lever.

“How…how did you do that? What kind of digimon are you?” a girl asked. Strabimon proudly indicated the golden collar around his neck. Upon closer observation, strange symbols were carved on the attractive garment. The digimon stroked it fondly.

“It was a gift from my master. It allows me to have some of his powers when he wants me to do an important job for him.” The raw pride in Strabimon’s voice leaked out like a tap. “He made it for me, because I am his most trusted servant. He wouldn’t just make this for anyone, you know. But enough about me and my master, you’ll meet him in due time. I’m here to talk about you. Now, I am presuming you have all heard about the virus entitled ‘Enigma’ in the news or some other information source. Some of you might label this virus as nothing.” The same boy from before tried to say something again, but Strabimon shoved his hand out again.

“Don’t interrupt me. This virus may seem trivial in your world but here it’s a big, big problem. It’s infecting digimon at random and turning them into crazy, mindless beasts. And it’s your duty to stop it. I guess you all know about digivolution, digivices and the lot? Good. But if you don’t, I’ll quickly summarise for those who are confused, ignorant or weren’t listening to what I just said. Your digimon, when they come, will be at the rookie stage, like me.”

“Wait a minute!” the boy from before blurted out, unable to hold his tongue any longer. “You’re just a Rookie?! How?! You seem so strong!”

“I told you before, it’s the collar! I’m no stronger than any of your digimon will be. Oh, that brings up another point. You can’t expect me to fight any of your battles for you if you get in strife. As I told you, I’m no stronger than any of your digimon in their regular, un-digivolved forms. I’m only given these powers at my master’s will. And I can guarantee that he won’t give me a spark of strength if you guys are in trouble, no matter what the situation. So rule that option out. Now, as I was saying before I was so rudely interrupted by know-it-all here,” Strabimon glared at the boy, who paled. “I was going to explain digivolution to you all. To put digivolution in a single sentence would go like this: If a certain battle or situation requires a level of strength greater than that currently bestowed on your digimon, it will use the energy of you and your digivice to transform itself into a stronger creature capable (usually) of handling said situation. Or battle.”

The children listened, absorbing Strabimon’s words. They were now wise enough to not speak.

“Is that clear? Wonderful! Now, next item on the agenda. Ah yes. Crest powers! If you look at your digivices right now-” he snapped his fingers again, and the collar winked. “-you will find that you have a symbol on the display screen. Underneath that symbol should be the name of the power you are inheriting. Now, don’t think that this crest now belongs to you; it doesn’t. The crests themselves will always belong to the digidestined of the past. You are merely…how should I say this…borrowing their power to help your digimon. So you do have them, but you don’t. Understand?”

The looks Strabimon received from the new Digidestined clearly said ‘No’.

“Excellent! Well, that brings me to the next topic. We have got another slight problem on our hands.”

“…slight?” asked another girl.

For the first time since their meeting, Strabimon looked uncomfortable. He fidgeted with his collar, as if it was tight. “Well, yes, we do have another slight problem aside from the virus, regarding the crests. But you’ll see that in good time.”

“Wait, you’re not going to tell us about the problem?”

“It’s not a priority!” Strabimon replied. “Right now our main concern is getting you lot acquainted with your digimon so you can fix the slight problem!”

“But-”

“SHUT UP!” the blue digimon yelled. “Geez you lot are rude! I’m trying to explain your new lives and all you can do is interrupt me! Just…please. Quiet while I finish my explaining. I’m just saying that right now I want to get you fully settled with your digimon, and we will go from there. Speaking of which-” Strabimon flicked his hand open and the golden orb reappeared. “-here they are now.”

The orb flashed again, and another eight golden lights beamed down from above. Eight smaller figures flew down from the sky.

“Ah, master was very quick. As usual.” Strabimon smiled, looking at the orb. The eight digimon began to open their eyes.

“Now, who belongs with whom…” the blue digimon replied. His collar flashed again.

“Of course. Hold you digivices up and your digimon will come to you. Of course, if you are already acquainted with your digimon this is not necessary. And now I must leave you, my friends. My master requires my presence, and I must fetch someone. So please, make yourselves comfortable and get properly introduced to one another, and I will return as soon as I can. Farewell!” Strabimon leapt into the air, collar shining, and numerous golden bands surrounded him. Then he disappeared in a final flash of blinding golden light.

-;157;

P.S. I assume you all know what to do, but for all those that are confused, ignorant or weren’t reading what I just wrote, introduce yourself to your digimon, the others, etc. Y’all know what I mean!

Nylf

OOC: I'm just going to assume that Sieg said nothing.

BIC: Sieg merely blinked occasionaly, as the bipedal Digimon, Strabimon he heard it call itself, talked. So, one matter, he's typing up his homework, the next, he's dragged through a computer screen, and into another world. The Digital World no less.

The wind blew through his long, grey trousers as he rubbed the back of his head, creating the further image of being a bird's nest on legs, trying to take everything in. Save the world. Heck, it was the holidays anyway, and he didn't have anything to do. Multiple beams of light shot down, as multiple Digimon appeared. Some, he recognised. The white dog like creature was a Salamon, and a small elephantine Digimon, that was what he remembered as Tapirmon. One Digimon though looked out of place.

It was blinking frequently, seeming almost lost. In fact, more than lost, it seemed like it had just been woken up from an incredibly long sleep, and the entire world had changed.

It itself was unusual. While most of the others generally resembled existing creatures with extras, like rings, and masks, or possibly armaments. One was an anthropomorphic fox, but still bore resemblance to a fox, another a spirit fox, but again, regaining distinguishable features of what it resembled. This Digimon was entirely differant. It could at best be called a giant purple squirrel, though another description could be a furry dragon. It's head bore a draconic shape, with a square white nose. It had tiny ears, which were striped with black lines, and it's eyes were wide, with light green irises. It's small mouth was lined with small yet predatory teeth.

It's body was coated in the same purple fur as it's head, and it's short forelimbs were held close to the floor. The paws of these limbs were white with black claws, and it's underbelly too was white. Over it's shoulders, two tiny black dragon wings rose. It's hind legs were much longer than it's forelimbs, and it stood on it's toes like a raptor. It's feet were white like it's paws and nose, and again, it's claws were pitch black. Finally, it's tail was much like a squirrel or a fox's, bushy, with a white tip, and purple for the rest.

The Strabimon told Sieg to hold out his Digivice. He'd missed most of what it had said after the Digimon had arrived, though he wondered if the Strabimon was crazy, it kept talking to itself. Though, then again he did it a lot as well, so he was hardly one to talk. Or think, whatever. Sieg half expectd to end up with one of the fox Digimon, but was shocked at the Digimon that approached him. It was the one that had caught his eye earlier. It prodded him in the shin, as Sieg put his Digivice back in his trouser pocket.

"Yeah, um..hi. I have a question, and that glowy thing made me feel I should ask you. Where am I?" it's tone was light hearted, almost like it had no burden or anything on it. Sieg was kinda shocked by the question.

"Umm, we're in the Digital World," his tone was as cold as usual, but the giant squirrel didn't care. After hearing Sieg, it immediatly began darting around, like it was having trouble believing where it was, desperatly seeking some evidence to disprove what he had said. After failing in it's quest, and probably annoying the others, it trudged over to Sieg.

"You weren't kidding were you?" Sieg shook his head. The squirrel sighed, and sat down. Sieg was confused, he wasn't used to anything talking with him for more than a minute. So, he sat down next to the creature, letting impulse guide him as usual, though for once he hoped it would guide him right.

"What's wrong, I thought Digimon came from the Digital World, isn't this your home?" the creature turned to him, then started to scrape the soil with it's claws.

"I dunno. I mean, I guess, I mean I should be happy and that, but something feels wrong. I don't think I've ever been here before," externally, Sieg kept his usual cold expression, but inside, he leapt with shock. A Digimon not from the Digital World?

"You seemed to know what the Digital World was though,"

"Instinct I guess. Oh, I'm Digital or unknown monster, though most call me Dorumon, and even more call me Arthur"

"Siegfried Van Galus, most call me Sieg,"

"Hey cool, we both have nicknames!" the creatures sudden change of temperament surprised him. A tiny detail had managed to make the squirrel, Dorumon, happy enough to make him forget about the what most would think to be deep worries he had before the introduction. Sieg let out a sigh.

"So what you're saying is that you have no clue about the Digital World?" Dorumon blinked, before replying.

"Was I, oh wait, we're in the Digital World? Cool, I've never been here before!" Sieg nearly fell flat on his face. Maybe Dorumon was less out of place, and more simply forgetful. Oh well, time would tell he'd guess.

"Hey, aren't you going to introduce yourself to the other people?" the squirrel questioned, poking him in the arm this time. Somehow, Sieg just knew that his arm and shin were never going to have a poke free day again.

"I can't handle making introductions," he said, lying back. Arthur blinked, and scratched the red gem embedded in it's nose. It then proceed start doodling in the dirt again.

"I'm bored, c'mon, it's no fun," he whined, less than ten seconds after he ahd started playing with the dirt. He immediatly started poking Sieg in the stomach.

"Give the others time to get used to their Digimon. Anyway, it's not like any of them really care who I am, other than my brother,"

"Your brother's here?"

"Yes,"

"Question,"

"What?"

"What's a brother?"

Eternal Daydreamer

Surrender to the Sea
OOC: I don't know if Wanda was one of the ones trying to speak or not..

BIC:
Wanda grumbled loudly as the Digimon called Strabimon finished. Why did she have to be called now?! She was just about to beat her rival at baseball. Then suddenly, the screen of the laptop belonging to one of the girls started glowing. There she was now, standing in the digital world. Grumbling. “Huh,” she thought. “Dixie will probably try and take over now that I’m gone.”

The Digimon around her were in various shapes and sizes. Wanda really didn’t care, though. They were pipsqueaks except for a few. A surprise? Not really. She stopped caring about being tall years ago. Perhaps she WAS part giraffe as her mother wryly stated everyday.

When the beams of light shot down, Wanda hoped HER Digimon was the toughest of the lot. So, that if she ever met Dixie again, it could scare the living daylights out of her! The thought of her rival fleeing in fear made Wanda chuckle slightly.

The whole saving the world thing didn’t appeal much to Wanda. If she saved the world, then she would be different. Being different is bad and wrong. If you were different, you would be hated by the group. Or, that was what Wanda always believed. Being different was the reason why her mother hated her.

Hold out her Digivice? What the heck. Wanda wanted to see her Digimon anyways. Strabimon was different, that was for sure. Different is bad and thus, if Strabimon wanted to boss her around, she wouldn’t let him.

A bundle of fur seemed to knock her down within seconds. What seemed to be a tan dog with red ears, a long red tail, and two red stripes underneath both it’s eyes was sitting on her stomach. The dog creature was panting happily and looked like it was going to start licking her. It’s white underbelly was just visible from it’s position.

“Hello!” the Digimon panted happily. “Are you being my human partner? I would being glad if you are.”

Wanda was dumbstruck. There was this...puppy....laying on her stomach asking her name. “Um. Er. I’m Wanda Bun,” she said nervously. “And are you a boy or girl puppy?”

It’s red tail started wagging so hard that when it hit Wanda’s legs, she winced. “I am being Labramon! I am being a male Digimon.”

Wanda did not really know much about Digimon but she knew one thing, Labramon was different. Though, it might be interesting having that puppy tag along. “You are, er, different. And would you mind gettin’ off of me?”

Labramon turned his head sideways at Wanda then jumped off her. He nudged her with his nose to hurry her along. “You are being different also, I am thinking. Digimon are different than humans, I am told. I have not seen a human so tall before, I am confessing.”

Labramon’s speech was going to get used to, but Wanda always wanted a puppy. Though, this Digimon DID not know that being different is bad. “So,” she began. “What’s it like here?”

Labramon scratched his head as Wanda scrambled up. “Oh, I am thinking you will find out. I am being wondering about the human world..”

Yes, it would get some getting used to Labramon alright.

Saffire Persian

Now you see me...
"Slight problem, huh?" Jessica echoed, staring around at the other people that were beside her, blinking as the one called Strabimon disappeared. Somehow, Jessica didn't believe the problem could be called 'slight'. No, not one bit.

She hated when people lied to her - and right to her face, too.

She sighed, and her gaze intensified as her sharp, blue eyes wandered about the open plain. Everything was apparently peaceful, and Jessica thought she spotted a few people she knew from school that were around her age, but she couldn't be sure quite yet. And all the others - they were children. And at that thought, Jessica's eyes widened just a tad.

She believed in independence and all, but some of these kids were...well, just kids . Young kids, not even thirteen yet, and they (along with her) had been brought here to try and fix this... problem, whatever it was. Jessica had listened to Strabimon, though she had to admit, she was starting to question her sanity right about now. Digital Word, Digimon, they were all new to her.

Slowly, she looked at the strange apparatus in her hands - it had been called a Digivice, hadn't it? It was a strange thing, orange in color, and it was currently making a very soft beeping noise. Heh, it was kinda glowing too.

A few of the 'digimon' that had been transported here were already moving - many varied in size, some small, some not quite. She could hear them, talking to the ones who were their 'partners'. And Jessica knew one of those was apparently 'her' partner.

Two she saw looked very foxish - one of which was curled around something that looked like a scroll, while another seemed to be a very tall, bipedal fox. Two others looked very much like dogs - one more-so than the other. Another one looked like some sort of kendo-thing, another some kind of aquatic creature...

Heck, one even looked like a boar of some sort - that, and half genie.

Jessica blinked. "Things are very.. weird..."

And there was one more, standing with its arms folded across its chest. It was one of the larger ones - though not near as tall as the fox - with a few scars littering its body. It was staring at her. Jessica knew it was...

And it was then, somehow, that Jessica Lynara knew that this Digimon - this strange creature, was her partner. And even as Jessica sighed and held out her digivice (from which a colored light jetted forth), she didn't know what to think.

"Put that thing down," the grey-furred creature said, as it began to walk over to her. "I already know you're my partner, and I'm quite sure you've realized by now that I'm yours."

Jessica did, hooking the digivice to her belt. "And you are?"

"Gazimon, not that it matters much -" waving aloft a long, lethal looking claw, it shrugged. "You're not much, but you'll do."

"What d'you mean by that?" Jessica hissed, while the Digimon smirked. It's voice was low and rather sandpapery, but had a definite feminine quality to it.

"Good - you've got some spirit, I see. You'll need it where we're going."

"Where we're going," Jessica echoed, eyes narrowing.

"Oh yes. You didn't think this was all going to be a lovely prance thorough the fields, did ya? Of course not, you're smarter than that. Nothing's ever easy here - never." The Gazimon's eyes darkened at that, as she surveyed the field herself. "Never. Some of these Rookies might not even know what's in store. I dunno how long they've been around."

"You're older then?"

"Heh. Catch on fast, don't ya?"

Jessica's eyes flickered with a sudden, angry light. "Hey!"

"Don't get so hyped up. Yeessh. Humans. I hope you're not all like this. It's called sarcasm. Get used to it. And before you start yelling at me -" Jessica blinked, because yelling was something she did feel like doing at the moment. "- I have been around this place for awhile. Done this, done that. Whatever. And lemme tell you, the rest of the Digital World ain't as pretty as this."

"I see..."

"Heh. What was your name?"

"Jessica Lynara."

"Jessica - interesting. Well, Jessica, I hope you're ready for a nice long ride."

With that, the Digimon looked to the sky, her eyes wandering carefully across the clouds and beyond, with an odd, knowing look in her dark red eyes. "Because, I think we'll be getting one."

C

Crystamon

Roland sat in silence, listening half-heartedly to the strange digimon, Strabimon. There'd probably been a mistake, and he wasn't ment to be here after all. Probably got him mixed up with someone else, someone braver. Smarter. Someone readier.

His ears perked up, and he listened as Strabimon told them to hold up thier digivices. Maybe it transports us home, he thought with hope. I hold up mine, I can probably return home! With a surge of energy, he raised his digivice high in the air. But instead of taking him away, it brought something in.

A group of shimmering creatures appeared in the air, hovering for a short while, and then touching down, the glow surrounding them fading. Roland was amazed by what he saw! There was a mish-mash of every creature ever known here! He heard Strabimon say, "These are your digimon."

He was about to go look when a small voice from behind coughed. "Ahem. Good. I've got you attention." Roland stared in sheer amazement at the small, lizard-like creature with the long, fin-like spike protruding from his back. "Yes, hello. I'm Betamon. B-e-t-a-m-o-n. Betamon. A digital monster, of the Rookie level. Why are you staring? It's impolite to stare. Bet you'll stare more where we're going."

Roland finally stopped his jaw hanging down. "My names Roland. And what do you mean, where we're going?"

"Were'nt you listening to Strabimon? He was supposed to explain it all. Well, quite simply, we're going to save the digital world." There was a small thump. Roland had fainted.

Psychic

Really and truly
Lena wasn’t sure if she was crazy or not anymore. She really didn’t. The first event that had triggered it had seemed surreal and happened like in a dream- the accusation, her denial, her parents listening, the shooting...all so slow and so fast. Living on the streets…that was more than real- it had become her true reality, and she would sometimes wonder if that had always been her life, and living in a wonderful home with caring parents had been a dream. Then there was her first meeting with Renamon, which was abnormal enough…and now this. She had been sucked into the Digital World so she could save both worlds from evil…Lena had struggled to stay alive every day. How could she be expected to help all those other people if she could barely help herself?

She had listened to Strabimon’s speech in silence, trying to digest everything as quickly as she could as he spoke too quickly for the teenager, only ever speaking up once to say a single word. Of course there was more than one thing they had to do to save the worlds from evil. Lena was pretty much ready to give up and just lie down forever in this peaceful place, but when she caught sight of the Digimon fall from the sky, a bit of hope sparked in her, and she felt like these were the childrens’ guardian angels.

Lena watched all the Digimon go to their partners, many having to hold up strange devices called Digivices (what an original name) so the creatures would know just who to go to. Lena was surprised to see so many types of Digimon- of course, the only Digimon she had ever seen before was Renamon, followed just by Strabimon now, so she sort of figured they all had humanoid shapes. But when she saw creatures like a purple dinosaur/squirrel, a ferret wrapped around a gold ring, a tan and red dog, a sort of mammoth with smoke coming out of it and a few other strange monsters, Lena knew from then on that Digimon didn’t share any sorts of resemblances- they came in all shapes, sizes and colors.

There was no need for Lena to hold up her Digivice, however. It was easy to pick out Renamon from the crowd; the fox-like Digimon’s height and color could easily give her away no matter where she went- something Lena liked, but wasn’t too fond of either. Renamon had merely looked about at the other Digimon coolly when she touched ground, with a confident air about her as her blue eyes darted about, finding Lena within seconds. She walked over to stand by the human, standing only a little taller -which was really saying something because Lena was about 5’10- and stood firmly, eyes flicking about without saying a word.

There was a long moment of silence between the two where they merely stood together, lost in their own thoughts. “Renamon…how are we going to do this?” Lena suddenly asked, breaking the silence.

The yellow Digimon turned to her Digidestined. “I do not know, Lena.” she said with a sigh. Renamon looked up at the clear skies and the brightly shining sun. “But I do know that every Digidestined of the past has risen to their own challenges and has always defeated the evil that threatened the worlds. This is a special group, a diverse, though powerful one, and I can say right now that we will not win every battle, but if we give it all we’ve got, we can win the war.”

The bipedal fox turned to look away from Lena, who was looking at Renamon, pleasantly surprised at her little speech. Renamon didn’t usually speak with such optimism, and the teen couldn’t say if the confidence in the Digimon’s voice was real or not, and she wasn’t feeling a whole lot better about the whole ordeal, but it was a comfort to hear such words all the same.

Last edited:
S

Shadowcat

The whole place was chaos, the children were all holding up their Digivices, running in different directions. There was one girl, staying silent, a Renamon by her side. Sapphire smirked; most of them, older than her, were running here and there, looking for their Digimon. A small dog, with a golden Egyptian collar around her neck approached the teenager, sighing.

“They are supposed to be the other Digidestined, puh-lease,” The Digimon remarked, taking a look at the other Digidestined.

“Salamon, you wouldn’t understand. They’re new and don’t know much about the Digital World. Even I don’t too. I know you, of course.”

“Y’know, we could actually just leave first, who cares about that Strabimon.”

“Hm… Would it be wise? After all, I don’t know much about the Digital World, and we met through your e-mails.”

“I know, but would that wolf actually care? I mean, he is kinda’ good looking for a wolf like himself, but he’s a pre-digivolution of a legendary warrior and is easy to hate.”

Sapphire grinned. Salamon was one who loved doing stuff by herself and so was Sapphire. Sapphire whipped out her Digivice, pressing a few buttons to view a map of the Digital World. Pinpointing a location, she whispered, “Salamon, how about heading to Yokomon Village?”

“Sure, why not?” The Digimon replied, a smile on her face. Little did they notice, the sneaky wolf Digimon, Strabimon, was watching them. He sighed, before disappearing once again.

"Hm... The fastest way would be through the desert, and I estimate that it'll take a few hours," Sapphire whispered, making sure that the other Digidestined didn't overhear her.

"Okay, we'll set off tomorrow without those guys of course," Salamon replied, before the two found a spot to rest.

MerkelHog

Metallic fighter
Gunnar’s head was spinning from all the information he just received. One second he was telling Sieg that dinner was ready, the next he’s being zapped by a golden light and dragged into the computer. And now he is expected to save this strange world from some kind if evil virus. It was all very confusing to him.

After getting over the initial confusion, he started to look around at all the kids that where here as well and also at the creatures called digimon. Gunnar knew about digimon but he never thought that they actually existed having never seen any himself before. As he looked over the other kids, Gunnar could tell that there was a good there year gap between half the group. He didn’t recognize most of them except for one, his brother. That was good. At least his brother was here, so now maybe they could try getting along better. He also saw that he was probably the oldest out of the group minus one girl who looked to be also seventeen.

As he surveyed the group of digimon, he noticed that most of them looked like an animal from the real world, some looked like foxes, others looked like dogs, and there was even one that looked like an elephant with smoke coming from behind. They all looked really cool but what really caught his eye was a glint of reflected light coming from one of the fox type digimon. Gunnar didn’t even bother with formalities as he ran through the crowd of people, pushing and shoving his way to the object. He instantly knelt down and grabbed what looked like a golden bullet from the creature and held it up to the sun.

“Shiny Object! Oohh, Ahhh.”

“Would you kindly get your dirty hands off of that, I kind of need that to live.” The almost transparent white and purple digimon yelled, trying to pry the cartridge from Gunnar’s hands.

“But it is just so SHINY.” Gunnar said as his eyes opened even wider.

“That may very well be, but that is nothing compared to the object I saw before I came here.” The digimon replied, trying to trick the boy into giving back the golden cartridge.

“Really, where?”

“I’ll tell you if you give me back my cartridge.”

“Fine, here take it. So where is this shinier object?”

“Oh it’s over there by that big tree. You will have to look inside the tree trunk.”

“Thanks, I sure hope you are my partner.” Gunnar said as he ran off to find the shinier object, not noticing that his digivice has fallen out of his pocket and onto the ground.

“By Azulongmon, I hope not.” The digimon known as Kudamon whispered to himself.
Just then, he noticed the digivice on the ground. On it the symbol of hope shone.

“Great, just great. Of all the humans to be paired up with I get him.”

“Help, somebody help me. My head is stuck in this tree.” Kudamon heard the kid yell.

“Of course he gets his head stuck why wouldn’t he.” Kudamon grumbled to himself as he ran to pry the kid’s head out.

“Of all the stupidest things to do, put your head into a tree trunk knowing that the space is too small.” Kudamon yelled at the kid as he tugged on him. Finally his head popped out.

“Thanks for the help. The name’s Gunnar. What’s yours?”

“My name is Gallant. I am a Kudamon. And unfortunately for me, I am your digimon partner. Here you dropped this back there.” Gallant replied as he handed Gunnar his digivice back.

“Thanks a lot. I can already tell we are going to be the best of friends.” Gunnar said with his big goofy smile on his face as he hugged Kudamon.

Great, Just great.” Gallant said to himself trying to break free from Gunnar’s grasp.

OOC: I don’t think I mentioned this in my sign up but Gunnar has a thing for shiny objects and he goes all stupid like when around them. Also, at times he can be very childish if you already can’t tell.

Last edited:

Nylf

Sieg nearly face faulted as his brother fell into the usual problem he suffered. He was like a magpie, obsessed with anything shiny. Hence why Sieg always hid his watch under his sleeve, and kept his lucky charm under his shirt. He merely turned, and prayed no-one noticed that they looked similar, and associated them as brothers. Unfortunatly, Arthur had other ideas.

He too had seen Gunner fooling around, but unlike Sieg, who had been embarrassed by his brother's tomfoolery, he had been fascinated by it. So fascinated, he wanted to poke the person at the centre of the tomfoolery. So he did.

The purple squirrel dragon walked over, and, extending one of his tiny claws to make the poke more relevant, he poked the teenager in the arm. Sieg had tried to stop him, but, before he could, the poke had been well and...poked.

"Sieg?"

"Dorumon"

"Are brother's meant to be squishy?" following this, Sieg, after leaping cleanly to stop the purple dragon and landing face first on the ground, and having lifted his face to see Dorumon poke his brother, laid his face flat against the floor. Great, he now had two of them. This situation was slowly but surely getting worse and worse. Now, if he heard one more person say "Ooh...shiny", he felt he would rip their spleen out through their ears. Dorumon, at that point, noticed Kudamon's bullet.

"Ooh...shiny"

Typhlogirl

keep battling on!
OOC: Everything seems to be going great. Also, when Strabimon talks, I need random people interrupting. It's no character in particular; it just stops his monologuing XD. Now we have to make things interesting....

BIC:

As the digidestined quietly talked to their digimon, there was a brilliant flash of blinding gold light, and Strabimon reappeared.

"Hello! I see you've all met your digimon and team-mates. Wonderful!" he said, brushing himself off. "I don't really care if your meetings were positive or negative, as long as you were talking. Because communication is very, very important! Now, we have your first task as digidestined to do! Are you excited?!"

Blank silence.

"Excellent!" Strabimon snapped his fingers (collar glowing), and another golden orb appeared in the sky, about the size of the digimon gathered.

"You must protect this digimon." he said, snapping his fingers again. The orb disappeared, and from within it, an unconscious digimon was lowered slowly to the ground.

"What digimon is that?" asked one of the collaboration.

"Gabumon." Strabimon replied, as the blue and yellow rookie opened his eyes. "You task is to protect him from...anything that seems to threaten him."

"Wait," said one of the boys. "So you dragged us here from our homes and families so we can baby-sit some freaky looking dog?!"

"Hmmm...yes, actually." Strabimon replied, looking unconcerned at the boy’s anger. "If you're interested, Gabumon is the partner of Matt, one of the original eight digidestined and the bearer of the Crest of Friendship."

A murmur ran through the group. One girl looked at her digivice and seemed particularly interested in Gabumon.

"But this is just the beginning! More things will follow. So don't get cocky." Strabimon insisted. "My master decrees you guard Gabumon well."

"But what from?!" asked a girl. Other members of the group agreed, some showing hostility from being kept in ignorance. Strabimon looked around, and sighed.

"My master didn't want you to know just yet..." he said gingerly.

"Stuff your 'master'! We wanna know!" cried a boy. A chorus of 'Yeah!' and 'He's right' followed.

Strabimon looked upwards, as if appealing to the heavens for guidance. Gabumon sat quietly on the ground.

"Master will be angry...but I guess I have no right to keep you in the dark. Do you all know the story of the original eight?

All shook their heads.

"Well, the eight digidestined fought a digimon called Apocalymon at the end of their journey. Apocalymon was an evil, evil digimon filled with loathing, resentment and sadness. The digidestined sealed him away after a great battle, but unknown to them, Apocalymon had spited them one last time. He created, using the last pathetic remnants of his power, an opposite form of each of the crests the digidestined bore." He recited the crests and their mirrors.

"And so these mirrors were placed at the bottom of the Dark Ocean, where they laid dormant for years. Until now. The Enigma virus somehow broke into the World of Darkness and attacked the dormant mirrors, mutating them into strange spirits, or shadows of the past digidestined. These shadows...they possessed the digimon of the past eight. They got everyone. Except Gabumon."

The digidestined stared at Strabimon, unable to believe it. Gabumon mirrored their shock. Apparently, this was the first he had heard of it too.

"So there you have it. And it is your duty, as the digidestined, to destroy the mirror of the crest power you possess. And my master is going to kill me for telling you. Wonderful!" He sat down and muttered darkly.

As Strabimon angsted and the digidestined looked around, unsure of what to do, a low rumbling sound came into the clearing.

"What's that?" a girl asked. Strabimon didn't reply, as he was still feeling sorry for himself.

"Er, guys?" said a boy. "I think we have a problem." He pointed a far way away.

"What...are they?!" a girl cried. Strabimon looked up, finally.

A pack of blue, limbless digimon were bouncing towards the congregation of children and digimon.

"Pagumon!" cried Strabimon. "Oh that's right. I forgot. Knowledge boy! Your digivice has a digimon analyser in it. Just connect it to your laptop and it will automatically download it into your hard drive!!"

While the boy in question examined this new power, the others were able to get a good look at the Pagumon. Strabimon cursed angrily.

For where the Pagumon should have had eyes, there were only empty holes. Black veins threaded their way through the body of each of the In-Training digimon. They didn't stop their charge.

"They're infected by Enigma!" Strabimon cried. "You have a choice! Fight or run!"

"How fast are they?!" one boy yelled.

"Not too fast, but they have boundless energy and will pursue you till you drop!"

"Then we have to fight!" the boy cried, clenching his fist.

"Suit yourself." replied Strabimon. "Just please don't let them bite or scratch you. They'll pass the virus onto your digimon. Fortunately, they have immunities granted by my master, but they will still be paralysed for at least a day."

The Pagumon were nearly on top of the group. The digidestined braced themselves to fight. Strabimon performed a graceful back flip and stood at the back next to Gabumon.

-;157;

P.S. I do not want anyone to digivolve unless you have made three posts (at the min.) So no one will digivolve now. I believe this is a good chance to RP as your rookies and let them fight instead of digivolving.

P.P.S Oh yes, masterwannabe, I saw your Harry Potter RPG Sign-up. You know what's funny? It bears an incredible resemblence to the sign-up for this RPG.

Small world, eh?

Last edited:

Saffire Persian

Now you see me...
"Well, are you all going to just sit there like a bunch of freakin' morons?!"

Jessica snapped back to attention, watching as Gazimon took a few steps forward, looking extremely irritated. Her full was ruffled, and she was staring at the Pagumon with a strange sense of interest.

It was either fight, or run. And somehow, to Jessica at least, running away from strange, bobbing heads just felt wrong. Besides, Jessica had never run away from anything in her life.

"Well, I don't want to run," Jessica said, looking back on the crowd of Digimon and humans. "It's stupid - we're running away from silly heads -"

"I wouldn't call them silly," Gazimon said, her mouth droping into a dark frown. "That is my de-digivolved form you know. Quite lethal in large numbers -"

With that, Gazimon turned around, giving each of the Digidestined and their Digimon a very lethal stare, as cold and hard as ice. "Stop staring like a bunch of Baby Digimon. You've all been chosen for a reason, right? You're free to run away know, but I doubt you'll get it much easier than this... the Digiworld is much, much worse. If you're hoping this is going to be a trip of gumdrops and rainbows...you're wrong."

With that, Gazimon darted into action, running ahead with quick, lithe moments. Jessica watched, amazed, wondering if there was anything - anything - she could do. She hated standing here - hated feeling like she was useless. But Strabimon said that if she got touched or bitten by one of those things...

"Pitfall!"

The loud, echoing cry of the Gazimon rang through the air as she struck down a great claw into the earth - it rumbled, before sending a small shock wave towards the middle of the Pagumon, before exploding, a small pit left in its wake as it dissipated. But there were many of them - madness in their eyes.. and they didn't seem to be stopping...

Typhlogirl

keep battling on!
OOC: According to a corresspondent (sp?), I need to tell you just how much Pagumon to destroy. Just fight them, I'll interfere when I feel enough is enough. Just pretend they are in unlimited amounts. And now for a pointless post. HOORAH! *triumphant*

BIC:

Strabimon sat on his rock, waiting for the digidestined to do something.

"Oh come on!" he cried. "I wasn't being that serious! You can do something to them! Geez." He turned to Gabumon. "Hopeless, aren't they? Were you group this pathetic when they came to the Digiworld for the first time?"

Gabumon just stared at him.

"Wonderful. I may as well talk to the rock, since you don't seem to be doing anything." Strabimon spat, annoyed.

OOC: XDDD

-;157;

Draco Malfoy

-REaction
(OOC: Sorry for my lateness. I had holiday homework and assignments. And I thought holidays were meant to be fun! Please don't make this die like the other Digimon RPGs! Keep it alive!)

Kai blinked. Was have he supposed to have understood everything that Digimon, Strabimon, had just said? He sighed and then smiled. At least he had his trusty laptop with him. One moment he was typing up his homework, the next, he's suddenly dragged into his laptop computer screen, and into another world, the Digital World they called it. Kai quickly looked around. There were seven other children of various ages and sizes next to him, also bewildered by the strange events unfolding in front of them. Kai really wondered how his laptop got to this surreal world. He shrugged his shoulders. He’ll wonder about that later, for now, he’ll finish his homework. He quickly turned on his laptop computer and continued with his homework when a bunch of strange looking devices floated towards each one of the children. One also floated towards Kai.

“What are these things called again? Digivices, that’s right,” pondered Kai as he grabbed his as instructed.

Then a strange symbol appeared on Kai’s Digivice’s screen. Strabimon said it was his Crest. Knowledge. Kai stared at the Crest. How did he get Knowledge? Naoko always said he was a worthless trashcan; things were getting really trivial now.

“Hold you Digivices up and your digimon will come to you”

That Strabimon was talking again. His digimon? He did see a mysterious data file on his laptop the other night; the ‘file’ talked to him. Kai had a nice conversation with him about cooking. The ‘file’ was sincerely interested in cooking; Kai was amazed that a computer file had such passion for a hobby. Files were not meant to have feelings. The ‘file’ called itself, although Kai should call ‘it’ ‘himself’, Tapirmon. If that computer file was a Digimon, the chances were his Digimon partner was probably the ‘file’. Kai was very interested what Tapirmon actually looked like. On his computer screen, ‘it’ resembled a black square.

The digimon around him were in various shapes and sizes. Some resembled foxes while others looked like puppies and another could only be described as a giant purple squirrel. Kai made a mental note in his head of a similarity they all shared: all of them looked weird. He just hoped Tapirmon wasn’t as abnormal as the rest of the digimon. He lifted up his Digivice as instructed. What Kai saw next made his jaw drop.

“Hello Kai”

Kai slowly turned around. He knew his digimon partner was behind him. Kai finally turned around. Behind him was what seemed to be an elephantine digimon with brown fur covering his back; from his mouth to his rear. His underbelly and his front legs was a light purple colour; his feet very much like an elephant’s. On one of them, there was a golden Egyptian-like ring; Kai remembered what they were called, Power Rings. His ears were also brown with purple at the tips; they resembled triangles. The digimon also had a big helmet on which covered most of the top of his face but had two short tusks coming out around his mouth. He had intelligent blue eyes but the thing that really freaked Kai out of the back legs. The legs weren’t legs. They were this foggy mysterious substance in the shape of legs instead of flesh and blood. The digimon apparently floated instead of walking. His face brightened at the sight of Kai.

“Kai!” the Digimon said happily. “I knew you were a DigiDestiend and I knew you were of the Knowledge Crest! I’m glad to meet you again!”

Kai’s jaw dropped so far it could have reached the ground. So this genie-boar-elephant Digimon was Tapirmon? Talk about surprises. He wasn’t mutated or horrible looking, just… abnormal.

“Tapirmon, right?”

Tapirmon nodded. He then smiled. Tapirmon knew his partner was probably one of the quietest of the DigiDestined and probably the most antisocial as well but he knew he’ll try his best in helping Kai. One thing that Tapirmon and Kai shared was the ability to silently observe their surroundings and decipher the most information they can get out of it. Kai and Tapirmon both liked quietness; it was so serene and easier to concentrate. Their current surroundings were definitely not quiet or even ‘serene’ on that matter.

First there was Strabimon, proud and well, even vain in some ways. Over there was a strange gruff girl whose snappy attitude was quite the contrast to the hyperactive, overly cheerful Labramon she was partnered to. Also, there was a tall boy with a red sword and a giant squirrel, Dorumon if Kai was not mistaken. Also there was a quiet girl with a tall humanoid fox-like digimon, Renamon. Not to forgot a boy much older than Kai was having a freakish love of ‘shiny’ objects. Kai and Tapirmon were sure it was safe to say that this group sure had dynamics. Everyone looked strange in one way or other. Kai was definitely sure he was pretty abnormal as well.

Kai then turned around. He felt something fishy going on. He turned around. There was that strange girl and that Salamon. They were whispering strangely. She mentioned a Yokomon Village. Kai wasn’t nosy or anything but he knew when something fishy was going on and to him, this was definitely fishy. Kai shook his head. What ever business she had with a Yokomon Village was not his. She has the perfect liberty to do what she chooses. Kai was not a nosy person and he knew from experience that it was wise to sometimes leave things as they are.

Kai sighed and he and Tapirmon sat down to rest when Strabimon started to talk again.

“Do you all know the story of the original eight? Well, the eight DigiDestined fought a digimon called Apocalymon at the end of their journey. Apocalymon was an evil, evil digimon filled with loathing, resentment and sadness. The DigiDestined sealed him away after a great battle, but unknown to them, Apocalymon had spited them one last time. He created, using the last pathetic remnants of his power, an opposite form of each of the crests the DigiDestined bore.” Strabimon recited the crests and their mirrors.

“And so these mirrors were placed at the bottom of the Dark Ocean, where they laid dormant for years. Until now. The Enigma virus somehow broke into the World of Darkness and attacked the dormant mirrors, mutating them into strange spirits, or shadows of the past DigiDestined. These shadows...they possessed the digimon of the past eight. They got everyone. Except Gabumon. So there you have it. And it is your duty, as the DigiDestined, to destroy the mirror of the crest power you possess.” Finished Strabimon.

Some people looked dreadfully shocked while others seem to take the news well. Kai himself wasn’t as shocked. After the mysterious events that have unfolded during past few hours, this didn’t come as much of a shock. If you’ve been dragged from your very seat, sent to another dimension and told you are to save the world, afterwards you tend to expect the worst. Especially in Kai’s case, after spending your life being spat on, losing your parents, your uncle and being treated as a piece of dirt for your whole life, you tend to be pessimistic and expect the very worst.

Knowledge… That means I’ll have to get rid of Ignorance… I might as well do the job and get it done with.

Then suddenly, a boy cried and pointed far away. The DigiDestined looked up; a pack of blue, limbless digimon were bouncing towards them.

“Pagumon!” cried Strabimon. “Oh that's right. I forgot. Knowledge boy! Your Digivice has a digimon analyser in it. Just connect it to your laptop and it will automatically download it into your hard drive!!”

Kai, seeing that he was the only ‘Knowledge’ boy currently around and having a laptop in his arms, he took it that he was the one with the Digimon Analyser. He quickly connected his Digivice and suddenly his laptop screen glowed as a program automatically downloaded itself onto the laptop. A Gazimon, one of the other DigiDestineds’ partners, tried to slow the Enigma infected Pagumon down. It was quite a scene. The female digimon struck the ground a created a small pit where some of the Enigma infected Pagumon fell into. Tapirmon looked over Kai’s laptop.

“Kai, I think it’s finished downloading”

Kai glanced at the screen. There was a new program. The Digimon Analyser. Tapirmon asked Kai a question.

“Kai, can I fight as well?”

Kai grumbled. “Do what you think is right”

Tapirmon beamed and told Kai what he planned to do.

“I have the ability to manipulate minds and dreams. I’m going to use my abilities to my advantage, Kai. Watch me,” Tapirmon said.

Kai pondered. “I suggest you use that pit Gazimon made. Can’t you manipulate them into jumping into there?”

Tapirmon nodded. Soon he launched his attacks.

“Nightmare Syndrome!”

Suddenly, Tapirmon’s eyes illuminated a white colour and aura and in a flash of light, the some of the Pagumon cried and suddenly changed direction. One by one the Pagumon Tapirmon attacked jumped into the pit, to their deaths. Apparently, they were in a nightmarish trance. Soon, by the time Tapirmon stopped, a great number of Pagumon had fallen to their deaths but many still remained and the threat still remained.

Kai focussed back to his laptop. He began to analyse the Pagumon as he hoped the other DigiDestined would help stop the Enigma infected Pagumon…

S

Shadowcat

Sapphire smirked while Salamon nodded. They had a close bond, even though they just met. The puppy Digimon was ready to take on any of them, but Sapphire just got a strategy ready.

“Salamon, tell you want, just use your Puppy Howling technique. Hopefully, some of those Pagumon shall be defeated. Or another way is to use your Petit Punch technique. Though the first one is better, since the technique is a long range attack.” The female smirked, before using her Digivice to key in some stuff.

“Cries of a Puppy… That’s the name of the strategy… Light’s Punch for the second one…” Sapphire muttered as she keyed the information into her Digivice. She was probably the one who was prepared for this, as she had figured out to use the Digivice quickly.

“Alright then…” Salamon responded.

“Puppy Howling!” The puppy Digimon cried, releasing ultra-sonic sound waves at the Pagumon. It was getting dark and Sapphire really wanted to leave for the village with Salamon when they were all asleep. Hopefully, they would be done with the Pagumon quickly.

“Um… Are the remaining five of you going to sit there like idiots?” Sapphire asked the remaining five Digidestined, who didn’t bother even to try to help out.

“Fine, don’t tell me we have to handle this all alone?” Sapphire asked the other two Digidestined. The one of Love and the one of Knowledge, since the others remained silent.

OOC: Would people post more? It's going too slow.

Eternal Daydreamer

Surrender to the Sea
OOC: Fine....
BIC:
Wanda growled deep in her throat. How dare they order her around?! She was the Digidestined of Friendship! Gabumon was proof that she was destined for great things.

Labramon limbered up. "I am thinking it is our turn, yes?" Wanda nodded.

"We should finish this," she began. "After all." She stopped and glared at the others. "They are DIFFERENT."

Labramon raised one of his ears but said nothing. Picking up a rock slowly, the Digimon threw it at the Pagumon. "Retrieving!" The puppy ran through the Pagumon paws outstretched, glowing white.

Wanda smirked when Labramon ran back. She was proud. Although she was silent for a while, every leader needs time to think. Don't they? Dixie couldn't think that well, that's why Wanda always was leader. The other girls were faithful to her, weren't they? Then why in the name of all that's good and fun did that Digidestined boss her around?!!! Wanda would have her revenge, she thought. Yes..

"Come on," she said to Labramon. "I don't want to hang around these....Different people!"

Typhlogirl

keep battling on!
OOC: *eyeroll* Alright, enough waiting. The RPG has to move on. If you wanted to fight the Pagumon and haven't posted yet, you've lost your chance. Sorry! But I said active posting is important. We're moving on.

BIC:

Strabimon lazily watched the Pagumon swarm over the digidestined digimon. He was disappointed that some did not seem interested in fighting.

"Such a shame..." he murmured. "A good hologram, wasted..." He raised his hand into the air, collar shining with an intense light, and snapped his fingers. The entire mob of Pagumon froze where they stood. Then, slowly but surely, they disintergrated. Cries of shock came from the group of humans standing clear.

"They...they're fakes?" One boy gasped.

"Indeed." Strabimon said, leaping off the rock, turning a graceful front-flip and landing squarely in front of the digidestined. "A little test, set up by-"

"Wait, let me guess." said a boy. "Your master?"

Strabimon shot the boy a nasty glare, then continued speaking. "Motormouth over here is right. My master decided that he had to test you before any real virus digimon attacked you. See if you could actually fight, and work as a team. Seems that you can't, which is very disappointing. I had higher expecations. If you can't work together to bring down a simple horde of minor digimon like Pagumon then you have no chance against any of the stronger virus digimon, let alone the eight mirror crests!" he snapped.

The Digidestined could see that Strabimon was angry. A few looked ashamed, some embarassed, others uncaring. The blue digimon rolled his eyes, and turned to face the setting sun.

"Impossible! Night already?! Damn it! There was so much more to do! Oh well. I believe we can head over to there-" he pointed to a small cluster of trees "-to camp for the night. Since the moon is robbing us of the suns light, we cannot do anymore today. Follow me."

The group + Gabumon followed Strabimon to the copse, the little dog digimon staring in wonder at the girl with the Friendship crest. Strabimon cut down some offending branches, and indicated that the group sit down and listen to him.

"We will sleep here. I suggest, no demand, that you post guards in shifts. You lot can sleep here, I will be behind that log. Do not disturb me." And he disappeared from sight.

OOC: Hmm...short. Ah well. This gives you guys a chance to interact with your digimon. Don't worry, things are going to happen if you believe things are going slow. ^_~

-;157;

Psychic

Really and truly
“Pagumon!”

Most of the humans had cried out in shock, some in fear. Even Lena had let out a small gasp at the pack of limbless Digimon bounding towards the group, empty eyes wide and large grins upon otherwise expressionless faces.

“We have to fight!”

Lena looked up at the yellow fox Digimon at her side, sure that Renamon would look at least a tad concerned, but she looked on with what was similar to an amused expression, arms crossed in front of her white furred chest.

“Renamon…” Lena began, not quite sure what to make of her companion’s reaction.

“There is no need to fight, Lena.” Renamon said simply, looking on unfazed. “They are of no threat to us.”

“But-”

“They aren’t real; they’re mere holograms, a trick of the eye set up by none other than our ‘guide’, Strabimon.” she said with a smirk, turning her pointed head over to the blue biped. Lena looked over as well, noticing a slight glow emanating from the Digimon’s collar, though it wasn’t as bright as previous times.

Lena remained silent for a moment, thinking and watching a few Digidestined run over to fight. “Still…don’t you think we should help? It would be good experience…” she said quietly, not quite sure of herself.

“I have seen and fought many Digimon in my time- true I am not an old creature, but I have seen my fair share of the world -and not just the digital world- I traveled within your world for a long time before I finally found you, even got into a few fights along the way. Nobody was ever seriously injured, of course.” She added in response to Lena’s shocked look.

Lena tried to shrug this off, but she felt bad that those other Digidestined were really giving it their all and putting up such a fight. And it didn’t help that part of the group was just sitting around doing nothing.
The teenager clenched her fists and looked down at the ground. She never went out of her way to help anyone else -she had always been the one person she had ever looked out for- but this wasn’t right…it didn’t feel right…Lena felt angry at Renamon…just because the threat wasn’t real, didn’t mean they couldn’t help in some way…

Lena was just about to make up her mind and have Renamon join the other Digimon when Strabimon let out a loud sigh, muttering “A good hologram, wasted...” and within moments, the attacking Digimon were gone. Renamon smirked and nodded to herself, which Lena wasn’t too pleased about.

“My master decided that he had to test you before any real virus Digimon attacked you. See if you could actually fight, and work as a team. Seems that you can't, which is very disappointing. I had higher expectations. If you can't work together to bring down a simple horde of minor Digimon like Pagumon then you have no chance against any of the stronger virus Digimon, let alone the eight mirror crests!” Strabimon snapped angrily, highly disappointed with the poor reactions he had received.

Lena hung her head, not quite ashamed, but feeling guilty. Why her? Why did she have to be a Digidestined? How could she ever save the two worlds- she couldn’t live on her own, and it seemed she couldn’t work with anyone else, so how could anyone ever expect her to do this sort of thing?

Lena looked up at the sky hopefully, which she was surprised to see was changing colors in the setting sun. “Impossible! Night already?!” Lena heard Strabimon groan. She looked over to him, noting how he had sort of slouched almost dejectedly. “There was so much more to do! Oh well. I believe we can head over to there to camp for the night. Since the moon is robbing us of the suns light, we cannot do anymore today. Follow me.” Lena sighed and followed the bipedal Digimon to the area he had pointed to, trying not to drag her feet along, but couldn’t help herself. She had really gotten rid of the habit years ago; it was very noisy and attracted a lot of attention sometimes, but nobody really seemed to notice- they all seemed to be caught up in their own angry thoughts at the moment.

“We will sleep here. I suggest, no demand, that you post guards in shifts. You lot can sleep here, I will be behind that log. Do not disturb me.” Lena sighed at this, looking about as people really just slumped to the ground hopelessly while Strabimon stole off to someplace quiet and secluded. She teen couldn’t blame him; she would have crawled under a rock in shame if she had been him.

Lena turned her thoughts away from the blue Digimon and looked up at Renamon, ‘Shall we?’ she asked silently, not even using words. The bipedal fox nodded curtly, knowing what her partner was asking.

“We’ll take first shift,” Lena announced loudly to no-one in particular. She didn’t care if anyone was listening; they were doing this, whether anyone liked it or not.

So the two distanced themselves from the fire, keeping its friendly heat to their backs as if rejecting its comfort. The two immediately went to keeping a sharp eye out- they both had quite a bit of practice with this, so the task wasn’t new or difficult, and they really knew all the tricks of the trade.