• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Digimon: Y2KV (Discussion thread)

CptDrDigi

Chickity China
Approved by Kamotz.

SU Thread is here.

RP Thread is here.

Plot.

The pain and agony of millions, the fear of death in the eyes of the young ones, the very fact that there was no way to stop it, hard to believe it all started with a simple problem...

It all began on a cold winter's night in the Human world, a night were many thought tomorrow would be the last day in the world, it was New Year's Eve 1999, and as you may know, we didn't explode into tiny bits of bacon. But there was something starting in the Digi-World, something horrible.

There was an odd chilling feeling in most of the Digi-world, that odd feeling you may have had if you had ever entered a supposedly haunted house. It wasn't a flu or a virus, but something unstoppable, you see, when digimon die, they don't really die, they are just sent to be reborn again, with memories of their past. But something changed that for the worst.

A virus hit the Digi Core Revitalization, a line of data that was created to revive the dead data of Digimon, usually they would be reborn with a calm, docile personality, never having the urge to fight or kill. But this virus changed it. Any Digimon reborn was reborn as a Data-thirsty murderous creature with no morals and no compassion, hunting down any Digimon and killing them, and when they would die, they too would be reborn as murderous creatures. And even if the infected Digimon were killed, they would just be reborn again, but with out their power.

Appalled by this, the eight leaders of the Digi-World, Omnimon, Lucemon Chaos Mode, MarineAngemon, BanchoLeomon, HerculesKabuterimon, Houhoumon, HiAndromon and Examon hosted a summit on what to do about the virus. Some suggested all out war, some suggested attacking the DCR, but in the end, they decided to summon Yggdrasil, the creator and god of the Digi-World, to have his opinion on the situation... However this would take time, time they did not have.

One by one, each leader would fall in battle and become infected. Upon seeing the world he created and how it had fallen, Yggdrasil sealed away six Digi-Eggs that had not been infected in a secret chamber, and began waiting for a day where a group of heroes could maybe free the world he had created from the virus...

Since then, over 350000 Digi Years have passed, and six infected leaders have risen and taken over the Digi-World, they're names are Omnimon Zwart, GranDracmon, GigaSeadramon, DinoTigermon, TyrantKabuterimon, Ornismon, ChaosDramon, and finally Megidramon. Collectively, they're know as The Dark Generals. Together each rule a different continent and hold a key to the DCR in their data. They have also evolved to the point where they can control and lead lesser Digimon. They are always on the constant look out for Yggdrasil so that they may gain his power and take over the other areas.

While 350000 years may have passed in the Digi-World, only a short twelve have passed in the Human world, never knowing any about the Digi-World. However due to being hard pressed for help Yggdrasil has sent emails to six different Children that live in the Tokyo area, saying how they won a trip around the world, all they need to do is go to a building in downtown Tokyo.

And now it begins, these selected ones are on their way to a destiny no of them could ever imagine, to a world were they are the only hope of survival, together with their Digimon Partners, they must head to the DCR and use their Digivices to restart it, but to do that, they must defeat the six Dark Generals. They may succeed, and if they want to save the Digi-World, they must.

The Digi-World.

The Digi-World is separated into five different continents.

The First and most North is Élevé Montagnes, a mountainous and rocky area. It's inhabitants are Wind Guardians. It is led by Ornismon.

The next Fuoco Fiume, a North-Western Continent is rather flat land with hundreds of active volcanoes and flowing rivers of lava. It's inhabitants are mostly Dragons' Roar Digimon. It is led by Megidramon.

The Next is Victus Silva, a North-Eastern Continent is deep and lush forest, it is said to be the area where Yggdrasil lived before the Virus, and as such it haves trees that date back to the beginning of the Digi-World. It's inhabitants are mostly Jungle Troopers. It is led by TyrantKabuterimon.

Located just below and inbetween the above three is Terrae, a glorious land that used to be the capital of the Digi-World. It's a land with many altars to the DigiGods of old. It is said to be a ghost continent, only able to be found by the highest level Digimon. It is led by Omnimon Zwart

The Third. lowest is Acciaio Labirinto, not much a Continent, more a sprawling maze of buildings and technology. It is considered the most advanced of the Continents. It's inhabitants are mostly Machine Empire Digimon. It is led by Chaosdramon.

Located directly between Acciaio Labirinto and Tenebres Royaume, is Magna Compi. A lush open plain, filled with many Nature's Spirit Digimon. It is led by DinoTigermon.

The Lowest Continent is Ténèbres Royaume, a dark and shady empire, it is the most dangerous, it is fueled by violence and hatred and considered the most evil Continent. It's inhabitants range from Nightmare Soldiers, Dark Area, and Unknown. It is led by GranDracmon.

And connecting all of the Continents is Net Ocean, a raging ocean that is never calm. Most Digimon if they want to travel from one Continent to the next using the old Undersea Tunnels that were created at the start on the Digiworld. The inhabitants here are Deep Savers. It is led by GigaSeadramon.

Rules

-All SPPF RPG Rules apply. If you haven't read them, please do.
-All posts should include your character's name, digimon's name, and current level.
-If you join, please stay active, don't just go away. Stay and Play.
-Please be nice to other players, it's okay to have fights in character, but please refrain out of character.
-No Gary Stu/Mary Sues. No bunnying, you know the basics.
-No duplicates of other people's digimon or the Dark Generals, however The Old Leaders are okay to use.
-This RP is rated PG-15, so if you don't like blood, gore, violence, and potential sexual innuendos, this RP may not be for you.
-Please wait for my go ahead to Digivolve to certain levels, after I have though, you may Digivolve to that level as much as you want.
-If you have any questions please send me a message either via pm/VM, and I will try my best to help you understand.
-Due to this being the discussion thread for an RPG, please do what it says on the tin, and only discuss this RP. Chitchat belongs in VMs.

Accepted Characters
- Travis Jones and Chris Shade The Impmon - Digipoke1
- Jackson Nobi and Lady Mervus The Kotemon- CuriousHeartless.
- Fiona Levi and Selena Moonstar The Gatomon - Mon1010
- Yosuke Amagi and Ko Monkey The Monmon - Food Guy
- Rebecca 'Becky' Klein and Asena The Garurumon - *Jean Grey*
- Kaito Sendou and Siegfried Dragonheart The Guilmon - storymasterb
- Kevin Yates and Drake Cobalast The Dracomon- Griff4815
- Flynn Harris and Marchosias The Sangloupmon -GoldenHouou

So now if you have any question please, on what ever it might, from "What should I post for my first post?" to "Can I digivolve to Ultimate?" and everything inbetween.

Now, if you have an ideas for a potential storyline, please do say.

GoldenHouou

antagoonist
Hmm, seems like I'm gonna be the first one to ask a question, then! I actually meant to ask this even before I got mu SU up, but eh. Better late than never.

So, the e-mail our group received, was it in Japanese or in English? I assumed it was in the former in my SU, but I just want to make sure which it is before I post. It kind of affects what excuse I come up with to have Flynn go to the building. 8P

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
Yeah, same question...though I would assume it to be both, as Becky only understands a bit of Japanese. XD

CuriousHeartless

I just assumed it worked like in the Anime were pretty much every language was the same for ease of understanding, except Russian for some reason which still confuses me. It would also have other languages exist, but really only for quick phrases others can't understand unless they also speak the language. Hey, that's how the anime worked so it works for me.

CptDrDigi

Chickity China
Well, in my mind it would be both, like one version in Japanese, one in English. Because Yggdrasil knows where he is sending the message, so he puts in in the native tongue, and put an English version due to the simple fact that English is the language almost everyone knows.

storymasterb

Knight of RPGs
If it was Japanese, that works with Kaito. Also, gah, I need to stop leaving my posts open for ages while I try to think what I'll write. It leaves me too open to being ninja'd.

Also, will our Digimon be able to Digivolve to Champion at the least when we get them?

GoldenHouou

antagoonist
@CH: Ah, the Russian episode! I loved that one. It was like wtf you do just fine understanding everyone everywhere else, why is Russian so different? At least, that's how I recall it went, though admittedly it's been a while and I don't remember the details that well. That, and the dub I watched wasn't the best anyway.

@Digi: Alright, thanks! Will be posting later tonight if I get the time. If not, then tomorrow.

@Mon: My dog translates better than Google translate though. Just sayin'.

CptDrDigi

Chickity China
@Storymasterb.
Good question.

I plan to make it so we do go to the Digi-World in my next post, which will be when everyone's posted getting to the Building, we will also meet our digimon, they'll digivolve to Rookies. And then, somewhat conviently, the secret hidden base will be found by TyrantKabuteri's soliders, and for that our partners will digivolve into champions.

@GoldenHouou, take your time dude, we'll wait for ya.

Last edited:

GoldenHouou

antagoonist
Posted! Sorry it took that long. My summer course started a few days ago, but it'll end in a few weeks.

Hmm, what about me, JG and Mon, whose partner's "base" form is Champion? Does that mean that after they've been first introduced as Rookies and then digivolved to Champions, they'll just stay that way?

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
^^True. XD I used to think she was a Rookie at first. XD

CptDrDigi

Chickity China
Yep, they'll just be like Gatomon from season 1 & 2.

Now I have a question regarding what you think we should do in the RP. What should we do about Mega formes? We can either go down the DBZ path*, or the everyone is a mega by the first boss battle.

(*DBZ path means is basically a gradual pace, with each boss battle one of us get's their digimon to mega.)

GoldenHouou

antagoonist
I vote for the DBZ path, sounds more interesting. It actually makes Champion and Ultra forms important and gives us time to use them. I mean, let's face it; once we get to Mega, we ain't gonna be using the lower forms much. That, and I think it'd be nice if everyone got their turn to shine in a boss fight when their partner digivolves to Mega. Plus we've got something to look forward to.

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
I vote for the DBZ path, sounds more interesting. It actually makes Champion and Ultra forms important and gives us time to use them. I mean, let's face it; once we get to Mega, we ain't gonna be using the lower forms much. That, and I think it'd be nice if everyone got their turn to shine in a boss fight when their partner digivolves to Mega. Plus we've got something to look forward to.

Agree with this.

Besides, I want to show off Angewomon too. :p

Just as long as it's not only the Gogglehead and his lancer that get access to Mega while everyone else caps at Ultimate, like it is in the Anime. >_>

CptDrDigi

Chickity China
No, don't worry that will not happen. Everybody'll get their mega forme.

And besides I don't even know who would make the Gogglehead and Lancer, perhaps Jackson and Kevin, or maybe even Flynn.

All I do know is that Becky and Fiona would make an Opposites Attract/Badass Lesbian couple.

GoldenHouou

antagoonist
+1 for the lesbians

Ahem.

Well, if the question of who's the leader was ever brought up IC, I can imagine Flynn demanding the spot on the... uh, spot. And badmouthing anyone else who might get the job 8P Would be fun if a girl was the leader too. He'd be like "I need to badmouth her to get the spot but god damn it she's a girl I'm not that big of an asshole why is everything so diiiifficult I hate you all this is obviously all of your fault."

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
Yeah, it would also be fun if the leader was a girl! XD I vote Fiona! XD