• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Digimon: Y2KV (Discussion thread)

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
So she'd probably be the girly-girl half of the trope "Tomboy and Girly Girl". XD

GoldenHouou

antagoonist
Oh, wait, wait. WAIT. Just remembered something. About that mega thing... Yeah, if we are given the choice, I know who I wanna fight against; GranDracmon. There's a story behind that too. Now gather 'round kids.

So when I was trying to pick the Ultimate and Mega forms for Sangloupmon, I would have went with Matadrmon as its personality and description fit perfectly with Marchosias (only wanting the blood of the strong, etc.), but then I realized the only Mega form Matadrmon has that would have fit with him was GranDracmon, which was of course out of limits. So I had to backpedal and go with a completely different route for my Ultimate, too, sadly enough.

'Course, I'm up for fighting any Mega available and would rather see what the plot brings, but if we do choose for ourselves then yeah. Imma take revenge on that bastard!

CptDrDigi

Chickity China
Also, (Warning Digimon Nerd Alert) GranDracmon, is said to be the Cult Of Personalities of the Digi-World, and seeing how by time we get to him most of the Dark Generals will be dead. I wouldn't put it above GranDracmon trying to lure Marchosias to the Dark Side.

GoldenHouou

antagoonist
See, I like these Digimon nerd moments, because I admit to not being all too knowledgeable about them myself. I am learning though. *takes notes*

But hee, that could actually be interesting! Just promise him power and equality (he wouldn't agree to be just a pawn/minion to GranDracmon) and he's practically swooned. Even Flynn might be interested, though actually getting him to convert would be a bit tougher, I'd think. Kinda depends how late on he tries that and whether or not Flynn's gotten at all close with the others by then or not. His empathy also helps him resist, especially if he's seen the bad things GD's done. But still, could be fun and definitely problematic!

PeeGee

ROAWR!
@GoldenHouou.
Hmm, true I suppose.

On the topic of tropes. I could see Yosuke as a team mom, mostly from the fact his SU says he makes and holds friendships close to heart, he could also double as the tagalong kid due to the fact he is the youngest of the group. Tagalong Team Mom?

I oh so very much like the idea of Yosuke being the Tagalong Team Mom... so do that mean Ko would be the Team Dad?

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
Sounds great! XD

So, help me think of more tropes for each character. XD I know Becky and Fiona are probably Ms. Fanservice in different ways. XD

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
Ohh yeah! XD

Just curious...which two-girl trope fits Becky and Fiona better? "Tomboy and Girly-Girl" or "Light Feminine and Dark Feminine"? XD

storymasterb

Knight of RPGs
Yay TV Tropes geekiness!

Also, little note, there's no 'u' in Kaito's name (he's named after Kaito Tenjo from Yu-Gi-Oh ZeXal, incidentally. While his surname comes from Aichi Sendou of Cardfight! Vanguard. I'm a massive card game anime nerd :p).

Speaking of Kaito, trope-wise I see The Stoic. And Not Good With People. Maybe Keigo since I've mentioned he speaks quite politely.

I'm going to have so much fun with you guys :D.

CuriousHeartless

Yay TV Tropes geekiness!

Also, little note, there's no 'u' in Kaito's name (he's named after Kaito Tenjo from Yu-Gi-Oh ZeXal, incidentally. While his surname comes from Aichi Sendou of Cardfight! Vanguard. I'm a massive card game anime nerd :p).

Side-Note: When I saw your SU I actually thought of Kite, as Kaito is known in America, because of the name.

Anyways, Jackson would be probably be

Author Avatar: As close to the creator's personality and appeareance as he could possibly get. (They probably are all technically author avatars, but Jackson is literally me with a different name and history.)
Real Men Wear Pink: His digivice.
Sweet Tooth

and some other stuff I can't think of right now.

Lady Mervus would be
Action Girl
Reptiles are Abhorrent: Averted, Kotemon are reptilian but Lady is a nice character.

Some Girly Girl thing, and others that will probably pop up when our Digimon actually appear and get to be developed.

Also, I can't use TVTropes (Error with my profile keeping me from logging in) so I will not be able to edit the page.

CuriousHeartless

By problem I mean I forgot my password. I only logged in once and it never logged me out so I didn't really have a reason to remember it. I don't even remember my username anymore.

CptDrDigi

Chickity China
Yeah, Travis is my Author Avatar, heh. Has my name (well not my last name). My appearance. My Personality, everything basically.

Also CH, just make a new account, easy and done with.

storymasterb

Knight of RPGs
Hm, I'm having trouble thinking what role Kaito would have in the Five-Man Band. Perhaps The Smart Guy, maybe. Not sure. Any suggestions?

Also, someone should probably start filling in the main page. It seems weird to have tropes on the main page and not the character page, after all.

Also, I find it amusing that the two characters with Japanese names are also the two whose names are blatant Shout-Outs to stuff.