1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Digimon! Yeah that's what this thread is about!

Discussion in 'Alternate Animé & Manga Discussion' started by knuclear200x, May 12, 2008.

1. knuclear200x

knuclear200x Well-Known Member

wow i cant believe no one posted this yet. anyways i love this show as well. what about you?

and u may rant about Frontier cuz i know u will. and say bad stuff about Data squad too if u want.

2. Asrialys

Asrialys Well-Known Member

Actually, it has been posted probably many times. Just not in the last month.

Anyway, you provide little to discuss. So I'll just say that I liked Tamers the best and someone reeeeeeeeeeeally needs to release these on DVDs. Season box sets ftw.

3. blueorbified

blueorbified Well-Known Member

Well for me frontiers was the best,it was a good show.Also the first digimon sereies was also very good .To discuss more,who is ur favourite character,digimon,villian etc and what do u like about them?mine is takuya(for his nature and looks),wargreymon(foe sheer power and cool looks),umm... thinking... yeah,the pokemon emperor,he was quite cool,

4. Blackjack Gabbiani

Blackjack Gabbiani Clearly we're great!

I'm not gonna rant about Frontier! I loved Frontier! JP is the best DD ever!

But he's not my favorite character. That's Oikawa, from 02. He's fascinating, and probably the most tragic character in the franchise.

5. SlipKnoT

SlipKnoT Well-Known Member

I didn't watch many of the episodes but what I did see I didn't like. The plot just seemed so out there, and the writing was overly kiddy.

6. The Doctor

The Doctor Absolute Beginner

SlipKnoT, you should watch Tamers. It's darker than the previous installments, and all the better for it.

7. uber gon

uber gon Accept Change

I found the ending of 02 rathe WTF in a sense. In one case, I expected T.K. and Kari to at least be married given previous incidents involving them, so that kinda sucked.

Also, it would've been nice to see Impmon's other forms other than his Mega form from Tamers, but he was still cool. Although Leomon dying really sucked.

In regards to Frontier, it would've been nice if ALL the characters other than Takuya and Koji could've fused their human and beast spirits.

8. Rave

Rave Banned

Tamers and Savors are my favorites.

Though, I didn't really like the ending of Savors much really.

9. HyperCyber

HyperCyber FASTEN YOUR SEATBELT

I liked Daisuke, I thought he was a good character.

Adventure, 02 and Frontier were the best ones. I don't really get the hype with tamers, I thought it was pretty bad.

Great job bashing a show aimed towards 7 year olds.

Darker? Digimon?
    wat
    Besides, relatively speaking, 02 was "darker" than Tamers anyway.

My respect for you just went down 10 folds.

10. Eevee_Slugma

Eevee_Slugma Well-Known Member

Season 3 was my favorite, but i never saw the end or later episodes.

11. Lon

Lon Well-Known Member

Savers was great, and probably has the only subbed version that I won't have a pre-established opinion about from the dubbed version.... (I mean, I get that there are restrictions for children's television, but Citramon?)

I suppose my favorite series of Digimon is Savers. After all, aside from Tamers, it was the only one in which all the main characters get the 'power-up', and is still the only one in which the main four get an even bigger power-up. I guess my favorite human/Digimon pairing is Yoshino and Lalamon, if only for the odd relationship they have.

12. Somorio

Somorio Waiting for a hound.

season 3 probably was my favorite, especially once the plot started to get into the chineese zodiac a bit, that really was a nice touch.

I liked the dog deva the best, I wish he didn't die :/

I haven't seen the newest one yet though, i'll probably check it out sometime....maybe

13. uber gon

uber gon Accept Change

Would've cool cool if the dog deva became a partner along with Lopmon, though. Dog's are MAN'S best friend after all.

14. Somorio

Somorio Waiting for a hound.

yes, dogs that can open pits of hell ARE a man's best friend aren't they ^^

15. Darkeru

Darkeru Active Member

I like all the series, but Tamers was proberly my favourite, then the first two, then Savers and Frontier was okay but not brilliant.

I always liked the games more though, but then they started to get worse and worse from the first onward.

16. Blackjack Gabbiani

That was BIZARRE. I know Disney basically forced the dubbers to change BomberNanimon into something else or the episode wouldn't have been aired, but why an orange? Although turning him into a Don Patch reference was brilliant.

17. MinunTheFighter34

MinunTheFighter34 I drink soysauce.

Adventure, Tamers and Savers were the beeeest.

18. #Gecko#

#Gecko# The Essential One

I couldn't agree more. Frontier didn't bring my attention so I stopped watching it and season 2 was OK and nothing else.

19. uber gon

uber gon Accept Change

Meh, I REALLY like Koichi's beast and human spirits, though.

I didn't really like Frontier because they just gave 2 of the main characters the big guns.

20. Blackjack Gabbiani

But didn't 02 do that as well? Sure, they all got DNA evos, but Davis and Ken were the only ones to really get to do anything in the end.

And at least in Frontier the non-battling characters got to *do* stuff rather than standing around. Like look at all the work they did in the movie. They were the ones to solve the puzzle of the shapeshifting digimon. Takuya and Koji never would have figured it out.