• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Digimon! Yeah that's what this thread is about!

[AceAussie]

Awaiting October.
The first and second seasons were most enjoyable, The third was bellow Par and the fourth was quite nice (I'm guessing thats the one where the people 'transform' into Digimon?) and I have yet to see the Fifth.

I've lost interest in the anime but i would just the gun if I got the opportunity to get the first two seasons on DVD.

The Doctor

Absolute Beginner
[AceAussie];8001155 said:
The first and second seasons were most enjoyable, The third was bellow Par and the fourth was quite nice (I'm guessing thats the one where the people 'transform' into Digimon?) and I have yet to see the Fifth.

I've lost interest in the anime but i would just the gun if I got the opportunity to get the first two seasons on DVD.

No, it wasn't. It was the best.

want to discuz the series, then join the club ^_^

but yes, i love digimon, i just watched episode 38 on frontier 3 minutes ago. and i watched digimon x-evolution yesterday ^_^

Kites

Champ In The Making
The first two seasons were great.
And I loved what they did for the 3rd season..

Most of all, I loved the Digimon movie.
Work of art, if you ask me. =P

The series also had some great music..
"Run Around"
"Let's Kick It Up"
"I'm Going Digital"
& "Here We Go"

So many Nostalgic feelings come to me from this series.

Astinus

I'm also one of those rare Frontier fans. I liked the writing, the characters, the story. And, like Blackjack, I thought Junpei was awesome, and was the most endearing character to me in the series.

Tamers was a good season because it broke the mold from Adventure. But then again, that was also it's downfall, because fans did find it difficult to break away from the characters and story of Adventure, get used to new children, and watch a darker season. I still liked it though. I wanted to watch a darker season of Digimon, and I got my wish.

Though there are times when I have a problem with the quality of the second season, it's still my favorite because of the characters. Each one of them is so fascinating to me. My absolute favorite of the Chosen Children is Takeru. I've always been a fan of him.

And while this will get probably even more flames thrown at me, I have to say it: I loved the 02 epilogue. The Chosen Children's children are all so adorable. I have plans to write a fanfic about them because I like them that much.

Most of all, I loved the Digimon movie.
Work of art, if you ask me. =P
Heh, I remember being so obsessed with the dubbed movie. I used to watch it at least once a week, and stopped at fifty-eight times. I used to be able to recite along with it.

As for the original movies, my favorite would be the first Adventure 02 movie "Hurricane Touchdown/Supreme Evolution: The Golden Digimentals". That's the movie with Wallace. I have no idea why I like it so much, but I do.

Haritsuki

Digimon used to be one of my favorite animes. I used to watch it pretty much, when many people wanted to stick with Pokemon. That was possibly because there was more plot and something different that interested more. In the first episodes, the Finnish dub was possibly the worst dub ever made, (which actually sounded like bunch of teens trying to scream without emotion), but at least they kept the original music. They only showed the first two seasons here, but I never bothered to watch the rest of the second season, and those episodes happened to be subbed too.

HyperCyber

FASTEN YOUR SEATBELT
they had some of the most amazing evolution sequences

I agree.

[AceAussie];8001155 said:
The first and second seasons were most enjoyable, The third was bellow Par and the fourth was quite nice

I agree again.

It's an opinion shared by many.

The number of Narutards who think highly of their preferred anime possibly outnumbers the ones who don't, I guess that makes their opinions valid, right?

Rave

Banned
The number of Narutards who think highly of their preferred anime possibly outnumbers the ones who don't, I guess that makes their opinions valid, right?

As long as they can argue and prove it, which they cannot do to save their own hides.

Therefore, opinion retard talk is moot.

HyperCyber

FASTEN YOUR SEATBELT
Therefore, opinion retard talk is moot.

Yet all the "TAMERS IS THE BEST" people really didn't care to argue and prove their point of view. Yet this justifies their opinion?

"Tamers is MUCH MORE DARKER AND SERIOUS" is an invalid one, because as mindblowing as it sounds, Digimon is a kid's show. Even if you compare Tamers to 02, it's not on an entirely different level. I don't see Blackwargreymon and the final arc being less "serious", if you will, than all the D-reaper and that jazz.

Last edited:

Jason-Kun

I personally think Tamers,Frontier, and DataSquad/Savers are the best in order from greatest to least. Tamers was more serious and had kickass fighting scenes, Frontier had loveable characters, and Data Squad was in my opinion a fusion of Tamers and Fronteir with the serious tone, fighting scenes, and loveable characters.

Rave

Banned
Yet all the "TAMERS IS THE BEST" people really didn't care to argue and prove their point of view. Yet this justifies their opinion?

No it doesn't. Because talk like that automatically doesn't count.

ForeverFlame

I liked all of them except for Frontier, honestly.

But I really liked Savers, and Adventure would have been better if they hadn't cramped so many protagonists into one show.

I mean, eight main characters? That's a bit much... At least with Savers they only had three, and eventually four towards the end.

With Tamers, the same deal. I liked it when there were only three main characters, and even Jeri and Leomon were okay. But when those two gay ten year-old bum-buddies got Digimon... That was when things turned for the worst.

uber gon

Accept Change
But didn't 02 do that as well? Sure, they all got DNA evos, but Davis and Ken were the only ones to really get to do anything in the end.

And at least in Frontier the non-battling characters got to *do* stuff rather than standing around. Like look at all the work they did in the movie. They were the ones to solve the puzzle of the shapeshifting digimon. Takuya and Koji never would have figured it out.

Yeah, that was true. Heh, Tommy's Beast spirit was powerful AND kinda adorable, in a Chewbacca sort of manner.

HyperCyber

FASTEN YOUR SEATBELT
I was somewhat turned off by the characters in the 2nd season

Character-wise, 02 easily had the most character development (regardless of how linear and awkward they are).

the so-so humor.

Every series had so-so humor, there was not big gap between every series, because frankly, the jokes are all the same.

if they hadn't cramped so many protagonists into one show.

They balanced it pretty well, until they got off the island. Then it became the "2 lead getting on all the actions while all the others stand there and state the obvious" situation.

Yeah, that was true.

No, it wasn't. Frontier was like every other series, everyone was useless in the end, except for Takuya and Kouji.

uber gon

Accept Change
I kinda liked the 02 season since we got to see T.K. kick butt.:)

Kazuki Mirai

To tell you the truth, I don't think Savers was very great. =/ It was lacking something. They reused the whole Royal Knights plot. Plus Burst Mode wasn't that impressive, they looked... inferior. Especially ShineGreymon and MachGaogamon's.

uber gon

Accept Change
To tell you the truth, I don't think Savers was very great. =/ It was lacking something. They reused the whole Royal Knights plot. Plus Burst Mode wasn't that impressive, they looked... inferior. Especially ShineGreymon and MachGaogamon's.

Meh, I didn't like the Royal Knights in this series either since they made some of the good guys bad.

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
Meh, I didn't like the Royal Knights in this series either since they made some of the good guys bad.

I didn't like the Royal Knights in Savers simply because they introduced practically every one revealed up to that point (except Alphamon, though interestingly enough, his silhouette seems to appear in the opening) and did practically nothing with most of them. We don't see Dynasmon do much of anything beyond helping the other RKs demolish New York (was he at New York? Or am I confusing the scenario with another RK/location?), and poor Ulforce V-dramon just seemed to be... there. Though it was interesting to see the Royal Knights portrayed as fucking titans rather than the human-like proportions the rest of the Digimon media's accustomed to.

Tamers and Savors are my favorites.

Though, I didn't really like the ending of Savors much really.

I heard that Savers was originally planned to end at or past the 50-episode mark that all the other Digimon series lasted for. However, they were eager to start airing the next show in that time slot, so it got reduced to 48 episodes, thus resulting in a horrid rush job. -_-

In any case, I still say that Digital Monster X-Evolution is my second favorite (after Tamers) Digimon anime (I wonder how many people overlook this one for not being a full-length series). Sure, it had too many characters escaping death (and without any explanation whatsoever), but I still found it pretty enjoyable overall (and come to think of it, the characters cheaply escaping death could somewhat fit in with the whole "we all struggle just so we may continue to live" theme the movie had going... I can't deny some of it was just "Hey! Dukemon survived, and check out his new X form!", but remarkably, they didn't spend quite as much time simply whoring out the X Digimon as one would think). The seiyuu reunion was also very nifty (though it may go unappreciated for anybody who hasn't seen the Japanese version of the first three series).