• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Digimon! Yeah that's what this thread is about!

Lucille

And they're different... how, exactly?

in Season Three, they're bonded with each other. They need each other's power and they never killed Guilmon, Renamon, Terriermon or Cyberdramon's character. The Digimon and their tamers were still seperate and could interact with each other without being one.

in Season Four. The Digidestined just magically transform into powerful ancient Digimon species. They don't have there own Digimon companion. They just Digivolve themselves. Which is very very werid.

BCVM22

And yet the end result is still the same, that for purposes of fighting their battles, you have the Chosen Children in there doing the fighting themselves. Different paths, same result.

Uke

...Eh?...
It's a shame that Frontier gets so much hate from fans. When I watched it, I was surprised by the fact that no one had partners. But, I got over the fact and I watched it all. I love Frontier. I liked seeing Kouji and Kouichi bond as the episodes went on. It's one of the few reasons I like Frontier above the other seasons.

OfficialAshKetchem

It's a shame that Frontier gets so much hate from fans. When I watched it, I was surprised by the fact that no one had partners. But, I got over the fact and I watched it all. I love Frontier. I liked seeing Kouji and Kouichi bond as the episodes went on. It's one of the few reasons I like Frontier above the other seasons.

I love the frontier series aswell and the spirit evolution music made it watchable and also digital world on brink of destruction.

irishdax

Pokemon Breeder
I thought Frontier was a bit odd at first cos there were no digimon but I really like it towards the end. It was a change and change can be a good thing.

irishdax

Pokemon Breeder
I thought Frontier was a bit odd at first cos there were no digimon but I really like it towards the end. It was a change and change can be a good thing.

Buizelster

man, why do you even post when you DONT KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT. stop pulling facts out of nowhere. Ryo's back story WAS from the WonderSwan titles, but YES, continuities existed please stop acting like you know everything, and take that attitude out of here

I still don't know how Ryo didn't age. He's as old as the eastern sector digidestined after all. I'm guessing Milleniumon somehow sent him through a time slip or something.

Anyways I personally liked Frontier's digidestined the most. Sure they were mostly shounen archaetypes, but it was done in a very charming way. Savers was good too although I mainly only liked Masaru and Tohma.

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
Savers was good too although I mainly only liked Masaru and Tohma.

no love for wild boy Ikuto? Oh, and if we were to expand into the secondary Digimon handlers, they were quite noteworthy too, including the badass commander Satsuma, who managed to get partnered up with a friggin' Royal Knight. Megumi and Miki (especially Miki) are also great in a "Jesus Christ, I wanna tap that" sort of way ^^ (damn shame they could get their Digimon to the Ultimate level though... King Chessmon particularly sounds like it has potential for amusing fights, but hey, for characters that had about as much prominence in this series as Micheal, you may know him as American Seadramon Boy, had in 02, Perfect level's not too bad).

Last edited:

Dr. MECha

Prof. of Pokeology
Don't you guys think It'd be awesome for a final 6th season where ALL the digidestines get together to defeat the ultimate evil... Not sure what the ultimate evil is, but they've sure beat a lot of evil before ^_^

Oh yeah, why not give Ryo's Justimon a Burst Mode in which he Looks like Kamen Rider Decade's Complete form! It as if Justimon's Kamen Rider reference isn't good enough for ya. Hell, you could make a Digimon version of Kamen Rider Decade itself!

Last edited:

Buizelster

no love for wild boy Ikuto? Oh, and if we were to expand into the secondary Digimon handlers, they were quite noteworthy too, including the badass commander Satsuma, who managed to get partnered up with a friggin' Royal Knight. Megumi and Miki (especially Miki) are also great in a "Jesus Christ, I wanna tap that" sort of way ^^ (damn shame they could get their Digimon to the Ultimate level though... King Chessmon particularly sounds like it has potential for amusing fights, but hey, for characters that had about as much prominence in this series as Micheal, you may know him as American Seadramon Boy, had in 02, Perfect level's not too bad).

Just didn't really care for jungle boy... Plus the way they made him talk in the dub made me want to rip out his vocal chords.

But most of the characters just didn't come off as interesting. I mean sure they had one or two great moments, but to me Tohma and Masaru were the only ones that really stood out. Heck they're practically the only two characters I even remember from the show anymore. I think that's all the evidence I need. I mean not even the main female was interesting... er what's her name... yet I can remember every other main female from every other season.

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
Just didn't really care for jungle boy... Plus the way they made him talk in the dub made me want to rip out his vocal chords.

But most of the characters just didn't come off as interesting. I mean sure they had one or two great moments, but to me Tohma and Masaru were the only ones that really stood out. Heck they're practically the only two characters I even remember from the show anymore. I think that's all the evidence I need. I mean not even the main female was interesting... er what's her name... yet I can remember every other main female from every other season.

really? The only Tamers/Chosens/Savers/whatever who could qualify as damn good fanservice (and didn't happen to be lolis either) failed to stand out for you?

Buizelster

really? The only Tamers/Chosens/Savers/whatever who could qualify as damn good fanservice (and didn't happen to be lolis either) failed to stand out for you?

Maybe she would have if I was actually looking for fanservice. Say what you want about the other females being lolis but at least they had rememberable character traits and personalities.

The only thing I even thought of about the savers main female is "she's definitely got a thing for Masaru." Really that's it. Outside of a possible love interest for Masaru I couldn't care less about her.

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
Maybe she would have if I was actually looking for fanservice. Say what you want about the other females being lolis but at least they had rememberable character traits and personalities.

The only thing I even thought of about the savers main female is "she's definitely got a thing for Masaru." Really that's it. Outside of a possible love interest for Masaru I couldn't care less about her.

I was thinking more along the lines of Miki and Megumi in terms of fanservice, but whatever.

Buizelster

I was thinking more along the lines of Miki and Megumi in terms of fanservice, but whatever.

Well as I said if I was looking for fanservice perhaps I would have paid more attention to them. I can't help that they had nothing else to really make me care about them.

But I guess maybe you cared about them more than I did. So I can respect that.