• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Digimon! Yeah that's what this thread is about!

Raptorg

Psychic/Fire trainer
is this anime still going on?
wow i thought it died out because it wasn't that popular

i personally only watched season 1 and 2.. and i liked them quite a bit

i still have an ultra digivolve card in my wallet

uber gon

Accept Change
no, that's Huanglongmon. Qinglongmon is the blue dragon, known in English as Azulongmon.

Oh well in that case I think EVERYONE would freak at Suzie having him as a partner.

Ryan!!!!

i liked season 2 the best when i was younger i remmber season 1 and 2 coming out then i remmber 3(but i didnt like it as much as the others as i had grown out of it) , i still have a dvd of the first few episodes of season 2

I love the first four seasons (Love Frontier because that's when I started watching Digimon, at the Lowemon arc). One and Two are the best, IMO. Only reason I don't like Savers/Data Squad is because I can't stand the fact the kids are almost high-school and in an organization. Shouldn't it be a special thing to be a Digidestined? If you're in an organization, you're constrained, told what to do, "Go on this mission 'cause I say!!"

*Kouichi fangirl, sadly*

npdargy312

Master Coordinator
I love Digimon:p

Mirai Mirai

rabid kitten
Only if you've of the mistaken belief that the "rules" are the same in all four different universes. They aren't.

He has a point.

Each season introduces you to a new universe with the exception of the second season which is the sequel (or continuation) of the first season. While some of the rules may say the same, there are variations. In the first two seasons, you are picked based on your life experiences such as seeing a Digimon in the real world (a la Myostimon/Vamdemon) or seeing an epic battle on the internet (hello, evil virus egg thing!). You have the third season where if you believe in yourself and you want it enough you will have it. I haven't watched season four in awhile, but it did share some similarities with 01/02 as they were chosen by a higher force. (It has been awhile since I watched 03 and 04.)

And it a special thing to be a Digidestined/Chosen Child. This is clear even in Savers. It just might not be special in a magical fantasy way.

I have a feeling I either don't make sense, or I said something wrong. Feel free to correct me.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
such as seeing a Digimon in the real world (a la Myostimon/Vamdemon) or seeing an epic battle on the internet (hello, evil virus egg thing!).

Although I wonder...there were a bunch of people in the convention center being held captive by Myotismon and his goons, and there were a bunch of people who saw the battle over the internet. So how did the future DDs get picked from that?

BCVM22

So how did the future DDs get picked from that?

The same way that eight random kids who happened to see the original Greymon-Parrotmon fight from their apartment balconies in Odaiba just happened to get picked as Chosen Children. A wizard did it, anime logic, etc etc.

Xashlei

probably elsewhere
The first two seasons were the best IMHO. Different plots emerging to show one behind it all... A big cast with different personalities... More dramatic scenes, clear and easy to understand chosens' system, etc.

And now for my criticism of the other seasons (except Savers, have not seen it yet). Tamers' final villain was sucky, and fusing into your Digimon seemed cliche (this passed to Frontier too). Frontier ruined the Digimon partner thing (but I'll admit, the new Digimon designs were getting cooler), and it seemed rather foggy about how things just happened out of the blue.

Elrade

Snarky snark snark.
The first two seasons were the best IMHO. Different plots emerging to show one behind it all... A big cast with different personalities... More dramatic scenes, clear and easy to understand chosens' system, etc.

And now for my criticism of the other seasons (except Savers, have not seen it yet). Tamers' final villain was sucky, and fusing into your Digimon seemed cliche (this passed to Frontier too). Frontier ruined the Digimon partner thing (but I'll admit, the new Digimon designs were getting cooler), and it seemed rather foggy about how things just happened out of the blue.

They didn't fuse with their Digimon in Frontier, and Bio-Merging had never happened before in Digimon. And, D-Reaper was terrifying.

uber gon

Accept Change
Meh, Tamers was the neatest in my opinion. Both the series in general, and I suppose the movies as well.

uber gon

Accept Change

storymasterb

Knight of RPGs
Tamers was the best series ever. I only watched a few of the deva episodes, where Takato gets Guilmon, a few in the digital world and the end with the D-reaper and I still thought it was a good series. The only deva I can remember watching is the chicken. I really liked Gallantmon, but I didn't see the other Bio-Merges.

charizardtrainer16

lets play with fire
i remember digimon used to be great, 2nd only 2 pokemon of course!

uber gon

Accept Change
Digimon is actually considered superior to Pokémon. The latter is more of an advertisement for the games.

Yeah, and Digimon actually addressed issues that Pokemon would NEVER acknowledge.

Alchemeng

<--- Clair
I loved the old versions of digimon the new ones are not worth watching anymore, maybe because I grew to accustom to the older versions from the first season to the third or seconf I can't remember? Which one was the one before they started finding the little digimon statues and then merged with them?