• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Digimon! Yeah that's what this thread is about!

Chris

Old Coot

Arekku_Koro

Eh. It's nice that we're getting English Digimon DVDs, but I'm more interested to see 02 on DVD.

They appear to be doing OK in online views, but, realistically, a kids show release whithout a dub track rarely gets released. Perhaps if enough views are collected, there will be a billingual DVD release.

Killer_Squirtle

Follow my lead!
I just wish they'd show the earlier seasons on TV Data squad is ok, but Digimon Tamers is where the series REALLY got big!

Demon of Light

The Pumpkin King
They appear to be doing OK in online views, but, realistically, a kids show release whithout a dub track rarely gets released. Perhaps if enough views are collected, there will be a billingual DVD release.

I would've been fine with the online views if I could actually watch them. I hate not being American.

Asrialys

On Topic: The first Digimon Data Squad DVD set comes out later this month. I, for one, am excited. For a full review, see here: http://www.fanboyreview.net/2009/05/14/digimon-data-squad-collection-one-early-lookreview/

If anyone's interested in owning the Digimon Data Squad, the first DVD set (of four?) will be released on May 26th. It is the dubbed version as shown on television. No Japanese audio. Contains first 13 episodes on three discs. Retail price of $34.98. Cheaper pretty much everywhere online.

If these sell well, and all Data Squad episodes are hopefully released, maybe Toei will finally consider getting more of their stuff on DVD. Well, we can dream... -_-
Haha, yeah. I'll need to get them when I get money.

Since Toei's been bringing out streams for several of their shows, including 02, maybe there's a chance for a DVD release, even one with dual audio and subs. Although. there's been some criticisms about the quality of their streams...

Nana

Aw, I was reading another thread and got really nostalgic about this show. I lived in Japan during this time, and it was the only anime I really ever got into. I remember everybody watching Pokemon instead, but I had never really gotten into the craze. :p

I heard the English dub is better than the Japanese version, so I think I might watch it over the summer when I haven't got much to do.

edit: Whoa, I just checked Wikipedia. There are FIVE seasons?! Last time I remember, there were two... I didn't even watch the second season because I was mad that there would be new characters.

Last edited:
I heard the English dub is better than the Japanese version, so I think I might watch it over the summer when I haven't got much to do.
Only in the case of Tamers and maybe Frontier. Adventure and 02 are good for nostalgia purposes (both versions of 02 are on the Funimation site IIRC), and while Data Squad makes a damn good effort (and made for an awesome game of "guess the VA"), Savers ended things on a bang to say the least thanks to the hotblooded hero.;)

Last edited:

Chris

Old Coot
Only in the case of Tamers and maybe Frontier.
LIES!

Masako Nozawa is a better Guilmon than Steven Blum.

That and Ryusei Nakao plays Lucemon's Falldown mode, and most of the villains in the dub had been given some form of a stereotypical accent or spoke way too damn much.

BCVM22

But Blum certainly wasn't a worse Guilmon. He did a commendable job of replicating Nozawa's performance in nearly every way but the exact voice.

Kariachi

Power Is Beautiful
Yay! Digimon! Been a fan since a few months after I found out about pokemon, about when they came out in the US. Never really thought to compare the two until a few years ago, when I kept hearing about rip-offs. Annoying people comparing two great works that have nothing to do with each other, must be swatted with newspaper.

Okay, favorite seasons, in order;

Season Three
Season One
Season Five
Season Two
Season Four

I can't honestly believe that anyone thinks that there isn't any quality in the dub that's better than the original. There's always a redeeming feature. Example: I prefer Impmon's dub voice, period.

Okay, said what I needed. In parting, BEHEMOTH FOREVER!!

Masako Nozawa is a better Guilmon than Steven Blum.
I've heard both, and while I have said Guilmon is my favorite role of Blum's, Nozawa rocks by default. Honestly, I'm quite a bit surprised some people prefer the dub for Tamers.

airmax90

Fire.Starter.Master!
hmm whats so good about this??? i think they just copied som feature,s from pokemon....