• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Digital or Physical

What format of games do you usually buy?

• physical

Votes: 61 93.8%
  • digital

Votes: 4 6.2%

• Total voters

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Title says it all. Which do you usually prefer? Are there special cases?

Jb

Tsun in the streets
Physical.

Honestly, there's no reason to buy digital unless it's a digital only game. Companies can control the use of that game, or when it expires.

Plus, I like the game case.

Vipsoccermaster

Physical.

I like having the game cases, it even has a unique box-art, and it's like I really own the game. I don't buy games digitally unless I have no choice.

AuroriumX

The Interceptor
Physical, it's nice to have something solid to know that you have actually bought something and the art booklets that you usually get the with the game are great fun to read.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
Like everyone else is saying, physical

It's nice to see all your game boxes, even if you almost never look at them

Aurath8

Physical. The only advantage of digital imo is that you don't need to switch cartridges/discs to switch games and other trivial stuff like being able to download the game on launch day rather than head out to a store or wait for the postman. The pros of physical games, like being able to lend the game to others, just matter much more to me.

Zyon

NUM NUM NUM
Definitely physical, I have no problem buying from the virtual console on the eshop to play all the old games but not when it comes to newer releases. Maybe if it was as a last resort but I would have to be extremely desprite for the game to get the digital copy.
I love being able to see all the cases for the games, the box art is great to look at from time to time. An being able to hold the game in your hands really makes you feel that you own it.
Sure it might be more convenient to have all those games right on your 3DS instead of lugging around a game case, but to me it just doesn't feel the same.

Shadow XD001

Physical, like everyone else said. I like having my own game card and box to come with it. The only digital games I'll probably ever get are VC games.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Physical. I'm a Xbox gamer

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Physical. A physical game is playable as long as the disc works and you have , but digital games are tied to your console/account and can be rendered unplayable much easier as a result.

Enjolras

Master of the House
Physical. I like being able to switch the game between my 3DS and say, my brother's, if he has a game i want or vice versa.

Dread Advocate

†Stay Metal†
I generally prefer physical. But if it's an older game, then digital is probably my only option. Working, physical copies of older games are hard to come by cheap. Plus, being a mostly PC player, it's hard to find a physical copy of anything around where I live. Gamestop, Walmart, and Best Buy all have more copies of World of WarCraft and Diablo Battle Chest than anything else.

Poetry

Dancing Mad
You never get that same excitement or anticipation of holding a brand-new game in its shrink wrap when you download games. The smell of factory-freshness when I open the case is one of the main reasons I buy physical copies. Otherwise, there's no real reason for me to buy the digital.

Last edited:

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
Physical. Despite this, I do buy a fair number of Steam games, but I know that one day I may not have them anymore. **** all of these digital-only releases of games that aren't free-to-play, especially on consoles. Why in God's name is, say, Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies digital-only in America, other than the fact that Capcom can never do anything right anymore, and when they can, they can't be arsed to spend a little extra to give their fans something special?

Night_Walker

Physical.

I may be a tad old-school in my mentality but to me a physical copy of a game is just more 'real' as I can look over to it and its fellows when I consider what to play and touch it, as well as beign able to touch it, and it seems much less likely to be lost (given how consoles and computers can frazzle - yeah I know it's less likely these days but I will never forget losing a h**k of a lot of content off a computer a decade ago because of a partition divide error).

orochi

Physical. I like being able to switch the game between my 3DS and say, my brother's, if he has a game i want or vice versa.

I'd have to agree with you there. My sister ends up wanted to play the same game as me so if she played that game I can just switch out the disk/chip.

Keizaal

bring me to life
Physical. The only case where I get digital is downloading free games. (Example: "Games for Gold", right now Dead Rising 2 can be downloaded free along with one of it's DLC's)