• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Digital or Physical

What format of games do you usually buy?

• physical

Votes: 61 93.8%
  • digital

Votes: 4 6.2%

• Total voters

Dwlr

Banned
Physical, I like the idea of always having it just incase, that said I'm not opposing to digital games if that's the only way I can get the game like certain XBL Marketplace games. (Kind of off topic, but I'm the same way with movies)

Unoin

Physical, even though I worry too much about scratched/cracked disks, especially on games I have a low trophy count on

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
I usually buy physical, but I got a few digital ones. Take Animal Crossing: New Leaf for example, I got that one digital because its the type of game that I will play for a few minutes then change to something more hardcore like Pokemon or Zelda, so I got that one digital on my 3DS.

Skydra

I'm often a person who prefers physical as far as consoles or handhelds go, but for PC I would never be able to maintain a library such as that which I have on Steam using physical copies. Cost and space would be problematic.

As far as the 3DS goes, I have a mix of downloads and cartridges that works for me. I can pop in one of my DS Pokemon games, Mario Kart 7, Ocarina of Time, or other games while having Shin Megami Tensei, Fire Emblem, and Pokemon X as mainstays on the console itself.

Sohryu

Be a Man!
Physical is my preference. For me, having the physical copies of games makes my collection feel more "real." Plus, I just like being able to look at the cartridges, game boxes, etc.

I obviously go digital if a game is download only. Also, I will often download virtual console titles, since it can be difficult to get working physical copies of some old games and I might not even have the system needed to play the original anyway.

This.
I really don't see the point in downloading the game and how can someone like it. The box+art is what call my attention more, though.

EmphaticPikachu

A tired little girl~
I usually tend to think that physical is what I always want, but it's mostly for sedimental reasons. I never sell my games really, so that aspect of it useless. I'm MUCH less likely to loose or break the downloadable games, and i can still transfere them around by moving my SD card/hard drive. ANd theres no tax for downloading it due to the way points work. Y costed exactly 39.99. Nothing over, nothing less.

So heah, I prefere physical, but digital is really better overall for me. :/

Kelz

More saving. More doing.™
It depends on the game and platform for me, but I'd say I generally prefer physical. Having a 4 GB Xbox 360 makes finding space to download a game a hassle, so my collection is mostly physical (save for Mirror's Edge and some XBLA games). My brother on the other hand hasn't come to this realization yet and has downloaded multiple Call of Duty and Halo titles onto either the Xbox or one of the three flash drives protruding from the console. I plan on having my Wii U library—which only consists of four full games at the moment—consist of primarily physical copies. The Digital Deluxe Program is tempting me to go digital, though. Right now my copies of Pikmin 3, Nintendo Land and New Super Mario Bros. U are all physical while Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed is digital. Then I have my 3DS library which—apart from eShop titles and Animal Crossing: New Leaf—is all physical. And when it comes to PC gaming, my Steam library is 100% digital (which is pretty much a given for most PC gamers).

But I prefer physical mostly because I see it as more reliable. I've never been a big game collector. I've sold most of my old GameCube and DS games as well as some 3DS and Xbox games. So on that note I don't really have a preference.

~Spacial_Rendation~

De Ibwis Twigga!
When It comes to console games, Physical all the way. Being able to store things in neat little boxes has never lost it's charm for me.

PC games? Digital. Steam and Good Ol' Games are amazing services.