• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dilemma

Shadowshocker

WELL THIS SUCKS
Presently I'm training a team to take on Anabel for the Silver Ability symbol, including a Dugtrio. My dilemma is...

Should I train an Adamant Diglett with Sand Veil, or a Hardy Diglett with Arena Trap?

Shrooms

Magic Mushrooms
adamant diglett with sand veil

WhiteWizard42

Master Breeder
nobody in the battle frontier switches anyway, so dugtrio is essentially worthless. but given that information, and the fact that you wish to train one anyway, go with the adamant one.

if you were going to use this for competitive battling, i'd suggest you keep breeding for an adamant one with arena trap, because otherwise it's kind of useless.

Shadowshocker

WELL THIS SUCKS
Actually, people in the Frontier switch more often that I thought they would, but I suppose that's what prediction is for... I guess I could simply switch to my Dusclops when she switches her Raikou.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Shadowshocker said:
Should I train an Adamant Diglett with Sand Veil, or a Hardy Diglett with Arena Trap?

Neither, I'd use one with a jolly nature.
Dugtrio, (Presuming you're going to evolve Diglett) has VERY low defenses and hp, and one attack could finish it of very easily. Jolly would raise its already high speed, so it would attack first most of the time. That way, some really fast pokemon would hopefull be slower than it, giving you the opportunity to attack first and damage them, before they can kill you. Its attack is about average, but that could be fixed if you give it a choice band. (Though that takes a lot of prediction to work, or so they say)

And I'd reccomend that you use the arena trap ability, since I don't think sand veil would be too heplful unless you are planning to teach it sandstorm, or use Tyranitar. Trainers do occasionaly switch their pokemon, and it can take you off guard. If you can trap a weak foe that you can easily take out, then that's great!

WhiteWizard42

Master Breeder
i've only known frontier trainers to switch if they're about to run out of perish song turns, or can't beat shedinja with their current poke.

jolly dugtrio doesn't have enough power. in order to do enough damage, you need adamant and CB.

Shadowshocker

WELL THIS SUCKS
Actually, from what I've seen, Frontier trainers will switch if they have something to render an offensive attack useless. For example, if you have your Rhydon use Earthquake on a Pokemon, they'll assume you to use Earthquake again and thus switch to a Flying-type/Levitator if they have it.

milotic111

<-- Solves any case!
no they don't. they only switch when all the moves are non-effective (this includes shedinja) or when perrishsong runs out or other of those things like perrish-song. they won't switch to a flying type (perhaps maybe frontier leaders as they are programmed to be stronger) when you use earthquake.

starterlover1

Emperor Coordinator
If you want the silver symbol, then you do know she has entei, not raikou. Here are her pokemon. she uses them in this order. Alakazam, Entei, and Snorlax. I crushed her with a houndoom, milotic, and metagross.