• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dimensions of Darkness Book 2: The Explorers of the Core

This is a Lol-worthy chapter! XD Especially these parts:
"Of course not! What part of mercenaries do you not understand? They would trade their own mothers for grapes!"
And:
The quartet marched on through the tunnel. They were all worn out after the encounter with Regirock. All they could think of was rest. Unfortunatley, there was someone who didn't want them to rest...

"Come on, Grovyle, let's take a break!"

"Yeah, Chimchar's right! We're pooped! We can't walk another step!"

"Float. I float."

"Oh yeah, sorry Dusknoir. We can't walk or float another step."

Grovyle sighed and turned to the trio following him. They all sagged from exhaustion. "Oh alright! We'll take a short break."
Everyone deserves a break sometimes. But what really got me laughing was:
"Wait! I found the source of the Mysterious Mmmphing Noise!" Chimchar exclaimed. "It's a pipe bomb!"
Potter Puppet Pals reference! XD This made me ROFL. I wonder when they'll encounter Registeel...

Torpoleon

Awesome chapter! It was very funny! I think the group will encounter Registeel in the next chapter. There are also a lot of unanswered things, like who are those three Pokemon Bastiodoen hired and who are those two Pokemon that escaped the Core.

Illusione-Tempus

"Wait! I found the source of the Mysterious Mmmphing Noise!" Chimchar exclaimed. "It's a pipe bomb!"

"No, that's not it," Piplup frowned. He sprayed away the ticking bomb with a Hydro Pump. There was a sudden explosion from further down the tunnel. "Woops."

Lol at this quote xD

Well I wonder how they're going to encounter Registeel though, do moar quickly

Torpoleon

Well, they encountered Regirock in the chapter before this one(I believe) and Regice in the most recent one. It would make sense for them to encounter Registeel next. Maybe they'll encounter Regigigas soon.

Mudkip8003

"Yeah, Chimchar's right! We're pooped! We can't walk another step!"

"Float. I float."

"Oh yeah, sorry Dusknoir. We can't walk or float another step."

Upon hearing these words, Piplup, Chimchar, and Dusknoir all collapsed on their faces, panting for breath. "Piplup, can I get some water?"

"Sure, whatever."

Chimchar opened his mouth wide. His entire head was engulfed by Piplup's Hydro Pump. "Aaah!"

"Woops. Sorry, Chimchar."

"That's alright! I got my drink!"

"No, that's not it," Piplup frowned. He sprayed away the ticking bomb with a Hydro Pump. There was a sudden explosion from further down the tunnel. "Woops."

LOL! Anyway, good chapter. Come on out, Registeel! Hee Hee

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach
Sorry that it's been so long since I posted a chapter. I'll probably have a new chapter up later today or tomorrow. Anyways, I've created a movie "trailer" for my books. Hope you'll like it! Be warned, as there are a few minor spoilers. Only minor, though, such as a few new characters.

Trailer!

Torpoleon

Great trailer! Now I know a lot more! There was a good about of spoilers that I can expect to see in Book 2 here! I'll be sure to read Chapter 9.

sweet_piplup123

I lost the game?!?!
Haha, I knew they forgotten to free Grovyle...XD

I guess you put in the Potter Puppet Pal reference,--it also fits in with Neil Cicierega's 123456Pokemon! :)

hailflameblast

I'm coming...
Pretty good book! I want to ask you something. What exactly happens if your'e on the PM list? Does that mean you'll PM everyone on the list when a new chapter is up? Whatever, please put me on the PM list.

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach
Pretty good book! I want to ask you something. What exactly happens if your'e on the PM list? Does that mean you'll PM everyone on the list when a new chapter is up? Whatever, please put me on the PM list.

I have no idea what the PM list is, I was just getting ready to ask kinger810 when I got on and read your post.

By the way, I forgot to mention that I added a table of contents to the first post. Now you can get to whatever chapter you want just by clicking the link.

Silver Dawn

I discovered, read, and finished this fanfic and the first one today, and I must say that you have a great imagination! And it seems to be getting funnier as it goes on! There are several partsof this that I can completely picture in a MD game. You also seem to be getting better at writing in general as you go on. I'm waiting eagerly for the next chapter!

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach
Sorry that it has been so long again. I haven't had much time lately to get on.

Chapter 9
On the Trail of Evil

The shadows writhed atop the Capitol building. The enormous tyrant wrapped his serpentine body even more tightly around the stone structure. His wild instincts were resurfacing. The urge to completely annihilate all the life and civilization surrounding him was rising, barely contained within his savage heart. But something held him back. Rayquaza's tiny strand of consciousness was actually frightened. He had never known anything more powerful than himself. However, this was obviously false, for the presence looming over him chilled him to the bone. In that single moment of realization, Rayquaza knew the terrible truth: His body was not his own. Then, once again, darkness flooded his field of vision, and his consciousness abandoned him.

"These tunnels are becoming a busy place."

"Busy indeed. Abomasnow, you're the tracker. Get up here."

A large, frosty Pokemon stepped up ahead of the other two. He kneeled down, examining the tracks left in the rocky dust on the tunnel floor. He sniffed, shifting his eagle eyes across the footprints. "Let's see. We've got...Piplup. Chimchar. Grovyle. There's also Cranidos and Shieldon."

"That'll be the scouts that Bastiodon sent out ahead of us." One of the other figures stepped forward, flexing his four arms eagerly. "I wonder if he'll mind if we rough those two up along with the other intruders."

"Steady there, Machamp. Save your strength for where it's really necessary."

Machamp and Abomasnow turned back to face their leader. His spiked wrists and bushy tail were barely identifiable in the shadows in which he lurked. "What is it? You seem on edge."

"I'm getting a bad feeling," the figure explained. "Something's up. I know this Grovyle!"

"I-I can't keep this up much longer."

"Yes, I agree."

"Grovyle? You too?"

"In case you haven't noticed, being frozen in a block of ice didn't exactly do wonders for my health."

Piplup and Dusknoir both turned around. Chimchar and Grovyle were both lagging far behind, obviously exhausted from their brawls with Regirock and Regice. Chimchar was heavily bruised and battered, and Grovyle was shivering, his body almost put into hibernation from the extreme cold of Regice's Blizzard. Dusknoir sighed. "Fine, we'll take a break."

"I don't know," Piplup frowned. "We remember what happened the last time we took a break, right?"

Chimchar waved his hand dismissively. "Relax. What could happen?"

"Steel!"

A beam of silver light smashed into the ground at Chimchar's feet and the shockwave knocked him flat on his back. Piplup squared around in front of his partner, protecting him from further onslaught. Grovyle and Dusknoir rushed up beside him, preparing for whatever was approaching. "Get ready!" Piplup called.

"Steel!" Suddenly, an iron golem loomed out of the darkness before them, its seven red eyes glowing silver as it readied another Flash Cannon.

"Bonzai!" Piplup ducked and Chimchar bounced off his head, soaring through the air straight for the metal monster. He blasted it in the face with Flamethrower and landed in front of it, preparing to attack again. Before he could, though, the golem's head glowed silver, the same color as its Flash Cannon, and it rammed Chimchar, sending him crashing into the wall. He slumped unconscious, the strain of the battles finally too much for him.

Dusknoir's fist flared as he drew back his Fire Punch. "It's Registeel!"

Piplup frowned. "How do you know? You didn't know what Regirock and Regice were."

"Well, I only assumed that after we met the first two, the third would have to show up eventually."

"Yeah." Piplup's eyes narrowed. Dusknoir was seeming more and more suspicious by the minute.

"Leave this place."

Registeel's voice was just as mechanical as his brethren, Regirock and Regice. His eyes glowed deep scarlet as the blue-green sphere of Zap Cannon formed between his hands. He fired the orb straight for Piplup.

"Oh no, I'm not missing out on another fight because I'm freakin' paralyzed! Again!"

Piplup's Hydro Pump erupted forth from his beak, striking the Zap Cannon full on and creating a small explosion. Registeel took advantage of the cover of smoke and focused in on the vulnerable Dusknoir, firing another Flash Cannon.

"Yikes!" Dusknoir dove aside just in time. The silver beam blasted through the space where he had been moments before. However, the attack was not a failure.

"Aargh!"

Grovyle went down like a sack of rocks as the beam hit him, zapping away the little energy that he had left. He collapsed onto his face, causing a small puff of dirt to rise into the air. Piplup gasped as he saw what had happened. "Grovyle! No!"

Dusknoir winced. "Whoops."

Piplup glared at the Ghost type. "That was your fault! You made Grovyle get hit! Chimchar's down too, so now it's just you and me! Or is that what you were planning?"

"What I was planning? What are you suggesting?"

"Dusknoir, I think that you're still out to get us."

"What!?!?"

"Well, you've been seeming pretty suspicious lately. I don't trust you, I'll put it as plain as that."

"Leave this place."

Piplup and Dusknoir were both sent sprawling by the surprise Flash Cannon. Dusknoir managed to rise back up quickly, striking Registeel in the chest with his Fire Punch. "Piplup, this isn't exactly the time to be discussing this!"

Piplup jumped back up, spraying Registeel in the face with Hydro Pump. "Why wouldn't this be the time to discuss this? If I'm right about your plans, this will be the last chance to discuss it!"

"In case you haven't noticed, Registeel's attacking me too!"

"It could be a ploy, trying to reel me in so that you can make the final strike! You've already taken out Grovyle, and I'm next!"

"I didn't make Grovyle get hit on purpose!"

"Steel!"

Piplup went down hard, taking a major hit from Registeel's Iron Head. The iron golem loomed up above him, charging up the finishing Zap Cannon. Piplup closed his eyes, too weak to retaliate. He could only wait for the pain.

"Piplup!"

Piplup opened his eyes and everything seemed to go in slow motion. The orb of Zap Cannon launched forth from Registeel's long silver fingers. The crackling electricity was bearing down on him. Then, from nowhere, Dusknoir was in the way. With an explosion of sparks, Dusknoir took the hit. He slammed into the ground, sliding and skidding for a few feet before coming to a stop.

"D-Dusknoir?"

Piplup gasped. He had never expected this. 'Most likely, this is part of Dusknoir's ploy...' he thought.

'But no,' he said to himself. 'Dusknoir was never the kind of person to put his own well-being at stake just for his plan to succeed.'

'Pah. He's a charlatan and a crook.'

'He's reformed.'

'He's a would be murderer.'

'He's Grovyle's friend. Grovye wouldn't trust him without reason.'

'Pah. He could have tricked Grovyle.'

'But Grovyle is not easily tricked. Besides, Chimchar even trusts him.'

'...'

'Nothing to say, is there?'

Piplup snapped back to attention. His internal struggle had finally been settled.

He blasted Registeel full in the face with his Hydro Pump, and he didn't stop. He kept a continuous torrent of water spraying onto his opponent, forcing the iron golem into the wall. Even then, he didn't stop.

"L-l-leave this p-place."

"Dusknoir!" Piplup called. Somehow, he was able to speak while still keeping his Hydro Pump going steady. "Are you alright?"

Slowly, shakily, Dusknoir floated back into the air. "I-I've been better." He staggered in the air, almost falling back to the tunnel floor, but he managed to regain himself. "Wh-what do you n-need?"

"Focus Blast. Now. Give it all the strength you can."

"Do I need to have enough energy left to survive? I'm guessing I could probably put my entire life force into the attack."

"I'm guessing the result will be better if you don't kill yourself."

"I was hoping you'd say that." With that, Dusknoir fired his Focus Blast. The blue orb struck Registeel in the chest, and the iron golem collapsed onto its face.

Dusknoir collapsed again after launching his attack. Piplup hurried to his side. "Are you sure you're ok?"

Dusknoir waved Piplup away. "Bah. I'm tough. I can handle things like this."

Piplup looked at his feet ashamedly. "I'm sorry for not trusting you."

"Oh, don't be sorry. You had absolutely no reason to trust me, not after what I've put you through before."

Piplup shook his head. "No, really. Chimchar and Grovyle both obviously trust you, so I should have too." He stuck out his hand to Dusknoir. "Friends?"

The mouth on Dusknoir's stomach twitched into a smile. He sat up slowly before extending his arm to Piplup, shaking his hand warmly. "Friends."

Hope you all like it!

Last edited:
I knew it! And so did the other readers, for that matter. This chapter was great!
Pardon me if I'm not being smart, but who are Abomasnow and Machamp? But these were my favorite parts:
"I-I can't keep this up much longer."

"Yes, I agree."

"Grovyle? You too?"

"In case you haven't noticed, being frozen in a block of ice didn't exactly do wonders for my health."

Piplup and Dusknoir both turned around. Chimchar and Grovyle were both lagging far behind, obviously exhausted from their brawls with Regirock and Regice. Chimchar was heavily bruised and battered, and Grovyle was shivering, his body almost put into hibernation from the extreme cold of Regice's Blizzard. Dusknoir sighed. "Fine, we'll take a break."

"I don't know," Piplup frowned. "We remember what happened the last time we took a break, right?"

Chimchar waved his hand dismissively. "Relax. What could happen?"
"Focus Blast. Now. Give it all the strength you can."

"Do I need to have enough energy left to survive? I'm guessing I could probably put my entire life force into the attack."

"I'm guessing the result will be better if you don't kill yourself."

"I was hoping you'd say that." With that, Dusknoir fired his Focus Blast. The blue orb struck Registeel in the chest, and the iron golem collapsed onto its face.

Dusknoir collapsed again after launching his attack. Piplup hurried to his side. "Are you sure you're ok?"

Dusknoir waved Piplup away. "Bah. I'm tough. I can handle things like this."

Piplup looked at his feet ashamedly. "I'm sorry for not trusting you."

"Oh, don't be sorry. You had absolutely no reason to trust me, not after what I've put you through before."

Piplup shook his head. "No, really. Chimchar and Grovyle both obviously trust you, so I should have too." He stuck out his hand to Dusknoir. "Friends?"

The mouth on Dusknoir's stomach twitched into a smile. He sat up slowly before extending his arm to Piplup, shaking his hand warmly. "Friends."
Can't wait for more!

Torpoleon

I liked this chapter! I hope Dusknoir does not disappear. Can't wait for more!

sweet_piplup123

I lost the game?!?!
Aww...they've finally trust Dusknoir...sweet ^^

Spiked wrist and bushy tails...umm...*is clueless*

Illusione-Tempus

Well good chapter there =] I though I missed a lot but it turns out you just posted one, and I mean one, after my last post xP

Spiked Wrist and bushy tails... Surely, or might be Lucario

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach
I know that Registeel was probably pretty predictable in that last chapter, but hey, trio appearances are typically pretty predictable, right?

Chapter 10
A Hitmonchan Named Larry

"Rock."

"Ice."

"St-st-steel."

The seven eyes of Registeel re-ignited firey red and it raised back to its rounded feet. It's Regi-Brethren stood before it, eyes glowing just as its own were. The three rounded in the tunnel, sensing the presence of their attackers not far ahead. Slowly, they began moving forward...

Not far behind, too burly figures watched with amazement as the golems started away. Machamp and Abomasnow turned back to their boss, still lurking in the shadows. "Well, isn't this a strange turn of events."

"I-I don't get it," Abomasnow sputtered. "There was absolutely no trace that those three were lurking here. Not even any footprints. The only reason we found them was because of all the battle damage to the tunnel."

"Well, this is no reason to panic." The boss turned his head and and spat a seed into the dirt. "Those three were already weakened by their battles with the other three intruders."

Machamp raised his two right hands. "But what about the two fugitives? We still haven't found any trace of them."

"We'll worry about them once the surface-world intruders have been taken care of," the boss spat. Once again, a seed shot out.

"Of course," Machamp and Abomasnow nodded as one. They turned back to face the Regis, which were still lumbering sluggishly down the tunnel. "But what about them?"

The boss shrugged. "As I said, they've already been weakened by battle." He shot out of the shadows at lightning speed, aiming straight for Registeel's back. "We strike now!"

"Ok, we took down Regirock. We took down Regice. We took down Registeel. That's all of them, right?"

"Just so long as we don't come across Regigigas, now."

"Don't even mention that, you'll jinx the mission."

Piplup marched on ahead down the tunnel. Chimchar dragged along aways behind him, still more pulp than Pokemon after his beatings, Grovyle was still shivering after being frozen by Regice, and Dusknoir was barely floating after the attacks from Registeel. Out of all of them, Piplup was the only one still fit for battle, so he desperately hoped that they were done with their brawling for the day.

"Piplup, we've got to find somewhere to bunk down for the night," Grovyle sighed.

Piplup gasped. "Grovyle, you're asking for a rest? I can't believe it. And how do you know it's night, when there isn't any sky to see?"

"Come now, Piplup," Dusknoir moaned. "We're on the verge of collapsing, here. And considering that if I fall unconscious, I fall out of the sky, I'd prefer to land of my own accord."

Piplup sighed. "I suppose you're right. I think I see something up ahead, though."

"He's right," Grovyle agreed. "It's a little brighter, like there's a lot more of the glowing moss. I think we're coming to a cavern."

"And a pretty big one, from the looks of it," Chimchar added.

As the four hauled themselves down the tunnel, they discovered that what they were entering was indeed an enormous chamber. The ceiling was a thousand feet above their heads if it was a foot. Piplup suddenly felt the weight of the surface pushing down all around him. "If the ceiling's clear up there, doesn't that mean that the surface is even further up?"

"Oh, not a lot," Dusknoir shrugged. "Surely only another five-hundred or so feet more."

Piplup swayed queasily and he almost passed out.

"Hey!" Chimchar cried out suddenly. "Look!"

Piplup and Dusknoir turned to see what Chimchar was pointing at. The remains of a cluster of ancient structures loomed ahead of them. They appeared as if they would collapse and turn into dust if breathed on. "That can't be safe," Dusknoir mused.

"Imagine what a bargain you'd get from the realtors to live here," Chimchar snickered. "You couldn't pay me enough to stay here for one night."

"Ah, but that is exactly what we must do," Grovyle pointed out. "This'll be better shelter than the open tunnel, agreed?"

Chimchar grimaced. "Agreed, I guess."

"What? You think this is some kind of motel? Well, you'll not be staying here tonight, or any other tonight! Turn back now, and perhaps I'll allow you to stay on this earth to see another day."

The four looked up in alarm. For the first time, they noticed the being perched atop the ruins. His eyes were closed and he balanced on a single stone spire. The spherical sensors under his ears lifted into the air, staying suspended as if held. His eyes opened suddenly, revealing startlingly crimson irises.

"Wh-who are you?" Piplup gaped. "What are you doing here?"

"What am I doing here?" the figure growled, his long blue tail flicking madly. "I live here! Or, reside here currently, at least."

Chimchar frowned. "You actually live here?"

"Yes, I live here!" the figure howled. "I am Lucario, the Guardian of the Core!"

Grovyle frowned. "The Guardian of the Core? You alone? Exactly what does it need protecting from?"

Lucario nodded. "Well, it is not me alone. There is one other, but they are away now." He paused. "And you know very well what it needs protecting from."

"What?" Dusknoir challenged. "Tell us, you lousy excuse for a canine!"

"From what?" Lucario snarled and he leapt forward. "From you!"

A long blue bone formed in his hands as he dove. He swung the thin weapon like a staff as he came down towards the group. Grovyle stepped up ahead of the others. The leaves on his wrists extended outward to form Leaf Blade as he prepared for the attack.

But Lucario never reached them. The bone abruptly snapped in two as Piplup's Brick Break landed square in its center. Lucario fell back, landing gracefully on his feet, with Piplup landing in front of him. "Bring it!" Piplup taunted.

"Piplup, what are you doing?" Grovyle called. "You're going to take him on alone?"

"Well, none of you are exactly in good fighting condition," Piplup shrugged. "Really, I'm all we've got. Besides, you guys'll be in trouble if you take many more hits."

Chimchar started to protest, but stopped as a Hydro Pump from Piplup sloshed against the ground at his feet.

"Have at you!" Lucario cried. He bounded at Piplup, the spikes on his wrists glowing white. They extended forward until he had claws extending out across his hands. He swiped at Piplup, but the Penguin Pokemon used Brick Break again to block. The two jumped back, then back at each other again. The air clanged as the attacks continued to meet, like the swords of fencers.

"You're not that bad!" Piplup admitted, staring Lucario in the face over their Brick Break and Metal Claw, which were at a standstill, neither able to break through.

They backed away again, but this time Piplup lunged first. Lucario parried easily, the two pushing against each other, desperate to break through. "You're not that bad yourself."

The two pulled apart once more. They continued sparring in this matter, lunging and parrying, then leaping back once again. As they clashed together again, Piplup began to speak. "I once knew a Hitmonchan. He was missing both arms and half an eye."

Lucario danced back, then shot back forward. "What did you call him?"

Piplup pondered for a second. "Larry."

"What does that have to do with anything?" Lucario frowned.

"I don't know," Piplup shrugged. "I was just trying to get you off your guard."

"Well, let's end this now!" Lucario screamed. A blue light flared up around him, then formed into a ball between his hands. "The Aura is with me!" He launched the Aura Sphere straight for Piplup.

Piplup retaliated with his Hydro Pump. "Whatever that means!" he whooped. The two attacks, both radiating raw energy, beared down on each other.

Grovyle ushered Chimchar and Dusknoir back into the tunnels. "Let's back off, boys. When those attacks meet, it's not going to be pretty."

Piplup and Lucario both tensed, waiting for the shockwave from the explosion. But it never came.

"Stop!!!"

The two looked up to see a round pink blur rushing towards the spot where the attacks would meet. "What are you doing?" Lucario gasped. "Get out of there, now! Let me finish this!"

But it was too late. The attacks smashed into the flying shape, and the explosion filled the cavern with smoke.

"No!" Lucario cried through the blackness. "Mew!!!"

Hope you all like it!

Last edited: