• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dimensions of Darkness Book 2: The Explorers of the Core

Not as exciting as the last chapter, but still a pretty good one. I especially liked this part:
"I once new a Hitmonchan. He was missing both arms and half an eye."

Lucario danced back, then shot back forward. "What did you call him?"

Piplup pondered for a second. "Larry."

"What does that have to do with anything?" Lucario frowned.

"I don't know," Piplup shrugged. "I was just trying to get you off your guard."

mattman324

aka Shiny_Feraligatr
...As they clashed together again, Piplup began to speak. "I once knew a Hitmonchan. He was missing both arms and half an eye."

"I don't know," Piplup shrugged. "I was just trying to get you off your guard."...

Oldest. Trick. In. The book. Jack Sparrow would be proud (that was his joke origanally, right?" (Note: You need the bolded "K" added it)

Eh, pretty good chapter. I guess this explains the fight in you're banner. Oh, and Larry says hello;107;.

Torpoleon

Awesome chapter! I wonder what will happen to Mew. can't wait for more!

sweet_piplup123

I lost the game?!?!
Lol, Piplup has a good way of distracting xD

One mistake spotted:

It's "knew".

Illusione-Tempus

Man, you all realized a mistake, but I see two.

Or, reside her currently, at least.

The other mistake, the first one was pointed out already =/

EDIT: Forgot to tell the correction, here

"I don't know," Piplup shrugged. "I was just trying to get you off your guard."

Loled at this quote xD

At least the Lucario - Mew guesses are correct now huh?

Last edited:

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach
Thanks to all for pointing out my mistakes. This story might be quite a mess without you guys to look after it.

Chapter 11
En Guarde!

Piplup and Lucario both reeled back as the wave of smoke washed over them. They closed their eyes, blocking out the burning air.

Chimchar, Grovyle, and Dusknoir all hurried into the chamber, rushing to Piplup's side. As the smoke began to clear, Lucario searched through the air, desperately trying to find his flying friend. "Mew!" he cried. "Mew! Are you ok?"

There was no answer.

"What was that?" Dusknoir wondered aloud. "I saw a little pink thing just shoot inbetween the attacks, then nothing."

"It was a Mew," Piplup answered.

Chimchar nodded his agreement. "Yeah. We fought one before."

"Or, rather," Piplup interjected. "We fought a Pokemon under the guise of a Mew."

"A dear friend," Chimchar sniffed.

Piplup sniffed too. "A very dear friend! A friend so dear, as to put our own lives ahead of ours!"

"I'm getting the feeling that we're straying off-topic," Dusknoir cut in.

"Er, sorry." Piplup snapped himself back to attention.

Lucario suddenly bounded through the clearing smoke and landed just in front of Piplup. "You did this!" he screamed.

"Me?" Piplup frowned. "What did I do?"

"You came here! You trespassed! You're the doom of us all!"

Grovyle stepped up closer to Lucario. "Exactly what did we do to make you think we're dooming you all?"

"Well, um," Lucario trailed off. Suddenly, his aura suddenly flared blue around him. "I don't know! But all intruders here are to be eliminated!"

Piplup stepped up to the challenge. "I didn't want to do this again, but I don't seem to have a choice. En guarde!"

The two leapt at each other once again. Lucario's aura formed firey fists around his hands and he swiped at Piplup. At the same time, Piplup swung his Brick Break with as much force as he could muster.

The resulting flash illuminated the tunnels for miles around.

As Lucario and Piplup's arms met, there was an enormous crackling sound. Lucario's aura sparked and fizzled, sending a jolt of pain through both Pokemon. A sparkling silver glow suddenly lit up around Piplup, taking everyone by surprise. Wherever the the glow from Piplup touched Lucario's aura, the sparking grew even more violent, until the two were completely contained in a prison of light.

"Wh-what's happening?" Chimchar gasped.

"I-I have no idea," Grovyle admitted, awestruck.

Dusknoir frowned. "And that's probably not a good thing."

Chimchar took a step towards his partner, but Grovyle put a hand on his shoulder and pulled him back. "But Piplup-" he began.

"No!" Grovyle commanded. "You can't go near those two. We have no idea what's happening, or what could happen!"

"But we've got to help Piplup!" Chimchar shrieked.

"I'll take care of that."

The three looked up suddenly. The smoke around the ceiling had finally cleared, revealing the small pink figure from before floating inside a bubble of pink-green energy. "Mew!" Chimchar cried.

"That's me!" the Pokemon cried out brightly. She dove down, smashing hard into Lucario's side. After a long moment, there was a huge cracking sound and Lucario was sent sprawling. This sent Piplup spinning to the ground, and the glow surrounding him faded slowly. Chimchar rushed to his side and helped him to his feet.

Lucario slowly staggered to his feet. "Urg," he moaned. He turned to face Mew. "You're ok! I thought you might have been injured in the explosion."

"I had my Protect shield up," Mew said. "How would I have been hurt?"

Lucario opened his mouth to speak, then stopped and lowered his head in embarassment.

Mew sighed. "Lucario, I'm a disappointed in you. Did you even try to talk to these Pokemon? No! You just attacked them out of the blue without even asking them why they were here!"

"But-"

"Shut up! I'd expected better than you. After all, you're the one who can read auras. Couldn't you have just looked at their auras to see if they had any evil intents?"

"Um-"

"I said shut up!"

"..."

"Ok. I'm finished."

"Ok-"

"Did I tell you you could speak yet?"

"No-"

"What did I just say?"

"You didn't-"

"What did I just say?"

"..."

"There. That's better."

Mew and Lucario turned to face Piplup and Chimchar. "Um, excuse me for asking," Chimchar frowned. "But just who are you two?"

"One moment," Mew shook her head. "Lucario, check their auras."

"May I speak now?" Lucario asked.

"Yes, you may speak."

Lucario closed his eyes and the aura sensors on the side of his head pointed out horizontally. Slowly, he reached out his mind to Dusknoir. The aura had a tinge of black in it, but it was overshadowed greatly. Whatever it had been, it seemed to be diminishing.

Next was Grovyle. His aura was sparkling clear, shining bright yellow in Lucario's mind. There seemed to be some sorrow lurking deep beneath the surface, though. Perhaps a loved one lost? Lucario couldn't tell.

He moved his consciousness on to Chimchar. The aura was a sky blue, giving off great feelings of both timidness and confidence at the same time. 'These Pokemon,' Lucario thought. 'They aren't what I thought. They are so much more.'

Finally, his closed eyes shifted to view Piplup. Lucario flinched back in pain, blinded by Piplup's shimmering silver aura. This was no ordinary Pokemon.

"They're all clear," Lucario spoke up at last. He pointed to this one. "And this one's special."

Mew frowned. "Special?" She looked down at Piplup. "Just what are you guys doing down here? And why are you so 'special'?"

"Are you guys running a tight schedule?" Piplup questioned.

"Are we clear?" Lucario turned to Mew.

Mew nodded. "We're clear."

Lucario turned back to Piplup. "We're clear."

"Good," Piplup smiled. "We'll explain all to you, but it'll take a few hours."

Hope you all like it!

Last edited:

Torpoleon

Great chapter! Now I know what Piplup, Chimchar, Grovyle and Dusknoir's auras look like! I can't wait for more!

sweet_piplup123

I lost the game?!?!
You know, Mew acted as if she was the boss of Lucario...xD It's really funny how you set the two up this way :)

Dusknoir's aura has a tinge of black? Maybe he's still in the process of turning from bad to good...

Illusione-Tempus

Lol at Mew and Lucario's conversation xD

Well I'm wondering why Piplup's aura is Silver. I know it's actually a human, with the dimensional scream and such.

And Dusknoir's aura looks creepy, or maybe it's Dusknoir the creepy one. I can't tell xD

dragontamer23

AshXMay all the way!
I love this story, man. I especially like the humor and the onesided cconversations with piplup and Chimchar and Piplip's comebacks. Keep up the good woek, and don' stop withthe snarky lines from Dusknoir!

Ooh. What an interesting chapter.
Lucario closed his eyes and the aura sensors on the side of his head pointed out horizontally. Slowly, he reached out his mind to Dusknoir. The aura had a tinge of black in it, but it was overshadowed greatly. Whatever it had been, it seemed to be diminishing.
It's diminishing? Yay!

Next was Grovyle. His aura was sparkling clear, shining bright yellow in Lucario's mind. There seemed to be some sorrow lurking deep beneath the surface, though. Perhaps a loved one lost? Lucario couldn't tell.
Sorrow? Loved one lost? Only one explanation... Fairy godparents! Joke, joke. What I really think is that he's sad since Celebi got frozen in time. But, then again, it's obvious...

He moved his consciousness on to Chimchar. The aura was a sky blue, giving off great feelings of both timidness and confidence at the same time. 'These Pokemon,' Lucario thought. 'They aren't what I thought. They are so much more.'
Pretty ordinary aura.

Finally, his closed eyes shifted to view Piplup. Lucario flinched back in pain, blinded by Piplup's shimmering silver aura. This was no ordinary Pokemon.
Wow. Special aura= Epic win.
Now to wait for next chapter...

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach
Sorry that it's been SOOOOOOOOO long since I posted a chapter. I've been very busy lately, what with vacation and readjustment back to everyday life. I should be able to post more often again now.

Chapter 12
I'M NOT NAGGY!!!

"Rock!"

"I-I-Ice!"

"St-Steel!"

The three golems went down without a fight. Machamp and Abomasnow stood triumphantly over them. "Heh, that was easier than it should have been," Machamp mused.

"They were weakened from battle, though," Abomasnow pointed out.

"True. Not only were they weakened, those surface world strangers actually knocked them out."

"They're not all strangers," the Boss muttered, already striding ahead down the tunnel.

Abomasnow hurried to catch up. "What was that?"

"Er, nothing."

Machamp looked over his shoulder uneasily at the unconscious Regis. "Those guys'll surely stay down for a while, won't they?"

"They are Legendary Pokemon," Abomasnow said. "We can only hope."

Crackle crackle!

"Ah, that feels good!"

"Man, I'm starving! Are they cooked yet?"

"Yep, they're just finished. Careful, they're hot!"

Piplup and Chimchar sat beside a roaring fire, happily nibbling away at roasted berries. The flickering flames made the large cavern and decrepit ruins seem a little more homely. Grovyle and Dusknoir sat beside them, with Lucario and Mew directly opposite. For a while, there was silence. Lucario was the first to speak.

"Alright, let's get to business. As I'm sure you've gathered, I'm Lucario. And this is-"

"I'm Mew," Mew cut in. "Thank you, Lucario, but I can introduce myself."

"Of course..." Lucario glowered at Mew.

"Go on, talk!"

"I'm talking, I'm talking!"

"Then go on!"

"I can't talk until you quit interrupting me!"

"I can't quit interrupting you until you start talking!"

"Quit naggin' me, woman!"

"What did you say?!?!?!"

"Oh crud."

Piplup and the others could only watch in amusement as Mew began to chase Lucario in circles, screaming at him the entire time. "I'm not naggy! I'M NOT NAGGY!"

"Dear Arceus, alright! I'm sorry! I'm SORRY!!!"

Finally, the two settled back into their seats, out of breath. Slowly at first, then more loudly, a laugh began to emanate from somewhere nearby. Chimchar looked around wildly before finally finding the source of the noise. "Dusknoir?"

Dusknoir looked up, grinning mischievously. He was still laughing. "Yep."

"What's so funny?" Lucario growled.

Dusknoir stopped laughing, then looked up at Lucario and Mew. "Well, it's just that if I didn't no any better, I'd say you two were sweet on each other."

"What!?!?" It was both Lucario and Mew. They glanced towards each other and quickly whirled away from each other. Neither one saw the other one blushing.

"Sorry for interrupting," Dusknoir apologised. "Just had to speak my mind."

Grovyle couldn't help but smile at the pair's antics. Ah, to be in love. His smile faded. He rose silently and turned away from the fire.

"I think I need to take a walk. You guys go on and talk without me."

Chimchar stared after Grovyle worriedly as he strolled off towards the entrance into the tunnels. "What's wrong with Grovyle?"

Piplup sighed. He knew. "He's missing Celebi."

"Well, duh. We all miss Celebi. That's why we're down here now."

Dusknoir sighed at Chimchar's ignorance. "Ah, young Chimchar, you fail to see the bond between your friends from the future."

"Well, I guess you're right. They've got to be pretty close, after all the time they'd been alone fighting against near impossible odds."

"No, Chimchar, there's something deeper between them."

"Deeper? Like in their stomach?"

"No, deeper."

"Intestines?"

Dusknoir was exasparated. "Er, uh...Piplup?"

Piplup put his arm on Chimchar's shoulder. "Chimchar, sometimes, when a man...er, when a Pokemon and a woman...er, female...Oh, now I'm all flustered!"

"Sorry," Chimchar shrank back. "Wait, what'd I do?"

"You'll understand when you're older," Piplup explained. "That's the best I can do."

"Alright, whatever you say."

Piplup pulled Dusknoir away for a moment. "What exactly did you think you were doing?"

"What do you mean?"

"Trying to talk to Chimchar about the Birds and the Beedrills! Just what do you know about women?"

"Pah! That's the pot calling the kettle black!"

"Whatever! But what do you of all people know about..." he shuddered. "Females?"

Dusknoir grinned. "Pah, again! I'm hurt, Piplup, hurt! I've known plenty of women in my day, and some even liked me! Well, you know, slightly. Well, there were a couple who didn't hate my guts. There was...no, wait, I ended up arresting her...There was...no, I think the Sableye got to her..."

"I give up! Come on."

The two rejoined Chimchar by the fire. "Now, as I was attempting to say before," Lucario began. "I'm Lucario, and this is Mew. And before we tell you our story, we'd like to hear yours."

"Well, I'm a newt," Dusknoir introduced. "And these are my friends, the badger and the platypus." He gestured to Piplup and Chimchar, respectively.

Chimchar glared up at Dusknoir. "Why do I have to be the platypus?"

Piplup butted in, sighing. "Sorry about that. I'm Piplup, and these two bozos are Chimchar and Dusknoir."

"Bozos!" Chimchar and Dusknoir snarled simultaneously.

Piplup ignored them. "Yes, the Two Stooges. And our other friend is Grovyle. We're from the surface world, you see."

"The surface world!" Lucario gasped.

"Then it must be true!" Mew beamed. "You've come to stop Rayquaza?"

Piplup frowned. "No, we haven't heard of any Rayquaza. We're here to stop Darkrai. He's an evil Pokemon from the surface world, and he's almost succeeded in destroying it twice. Now, he's come down here to try to do it again."

"This Darkrai sounds like one bad fellow," Mew frowned. "So you came all the way down here into the Core chasing him?"

"Yep. He's a powerful foe, but we've stopped him before. We hope to do it again. He's stolen some Time Gears, so-"

Lucario and Mew both reeled back in horror. "He's stolen Time Gears and brought them down here?" Lucario yelled. "That can only mean one thing!"

"He's headed for the Wheel of Time," Piplup announced.

"Oh, I was afraid you'd say that," Mew groaned.

"What's so bad about the Wheel of Time?" Chimchar cut in. "Sure, Darkrai can use it to freeze the planet again and become the ultimate ruler of time, but we can stop him before he does it."

Mew shook her head. "Sadly, it won't be that simple."

"What do you mean?" Piplup inquired. "We're on the right track, aren't we?"

"Yes, you're going in the right direction," Lucario nodded. "But the Wheel of Time won't be easy to get to."

Mew nodded in agreement. "To get there, you have to go through the city, and, well..."

"Well what?" Dusknoir urged. "Out with it!"

"The city has been taken over," Lucario explained. "Rayquaza, an enormous monster, has overcome the city."

Piplup, Chimchar, and Dusknoir all gasped simultaneously. "The Monster of the Core!"

"Rayquaza's a monster, alright," Mew agreed. "And he has an entire army of Cranidos and Shieldon fighting for him."

"That explains that group that attacked us before!" Piplup exclaimed.

"Well, from the sound of things," Dusknoir grumbled. "The Core has suddenly become a much more dangerous place. How did we not see this coming?"

Hope you all like it!

Last edited:

sweet_piplup123

I lost the game?!?!
Piplup put his arm oh Chimchar's shoulder. "Chimchar, sometimes, when a man...er, when a Pokemon and a woman...er, female...Oh, now I'm all flustered!"

Haha, Chimchar needs to grow up sometimes... xD

Btw, Piplups have flippers, not arms, I learnt that off someone who reviewed my fic...

Aww... poor Grovyle... ): And Lucario and Mew are really funny when they were arguing ^.^

mattman324

aka Shiny_Feraligatr
"Alright, let's get to business. As I'm sure you've gathered, I'm Lucario. And this is-"

"I'm Mew," Mew cut in. "Thank you, Lucario, but I can introduce myself."

"Of course..." Lucario glowered at Mew.

"Go on, talk!"

"I'm talking, I'm talking!"

"Then go on!"

"I can't talk until you quit interrupting me!"

"I can't quit interrupting you until you start talking!"

"Quit naggin' me, woman!"

"What did you say?!?!?!"

"Oh crud."

Piplup and the others could only watch in amusement as Mew began to chase Lucario in circles, screaming at him the entire time. "I'm not naggy! I'M NOT NAGGY!"

"Dear Arceus, alright! I'm sorry! I'm SORRY!!!"

Never say that a Mew is naggy. She'll KEEEL YOU!

Piplup put his arm oh Chimchar's shoulder. "Chimchar, sometimes, when a man...er, when a Pokemon and a woman...er, female...Oh, now I'm all flustered!"

"You'll understand when you're older," Piplup explained. "That's the best I can do."

O_O

Dusknoir grinned. "Pah, again! I'm hurt, Piplup, hurt! I've known plenty of women in my day, and some even liked me! Well, you know, slightly. Well, there were a couple who didn't hate my guts. There was...no, wait, I ended up arresting her...There was...no, I think the Sableye got to her..."

The above paragraph is made of pure, epic wintonium.

"Well, I'm a newt," Dusknoir introduced. "And these are my friends, the badger and the platypus." He gestured to Piplup and Chimchar, respectively.

Chimchar glared up at Dusknoir. "Why do I have to be the platypus?"

STOP MAKING OBSCURE REFERANCES!

Lucario and Mew both reeled back in horror. "He's stolen Time Gears and brought them down here?" Lucario yelled. "That can only mean one thing!"

"He's headed for the Wheel of Time," Piplup announced.

"Oh, I was afraid you'd say that," Mew groaned.

What did you expect him to say? That he wanted to take them so that he could share a cup of tea?

"Well, from the sound of things," Dusknoir grumbled. "The Core has suddenly become a much more dangerous place. How did we not see this coming?"

Simple. Because, as charactures in a fanfic, you are not allowed to know the plot.

All in all, about a 9/10 compared to the rest of you're chapters. That is, it was one of the best, but there are better out there. Of course, if I were grading against ALL fanfics, 10/10.

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach
I'd like to announce an upcoming addition to my fic: Song! I'm planning to have a musical touch in a few upcoming chapters, including the all-important Training Montage!

Last edited:
Song? The chance of characters singing is very... Let's just say I can't imagine Piplup doing an opera, and I can't imagine Grovyle doing the polka... 0_0 But, it would be funny! Good idea!

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach
Song? The chance of characters singing is very... Let's just say I can't imagine Piplup doing an opera, and I can't imagine Grovyle doing the polka... 0_0 But, it would be funny! Good idea!

Well, I guess I wouldn't call it singing, so much as background music. It will only be Piplup and Chimchar fooling around from time to time, nothing major.

Torpoleon

Great chapter as always. Sorry I did not check it out earlier. Everyone else pretty much caught the mistakes. I like the idea for a song in your fic. I can't wait for the next chapter! Oh and how many chapters will Book 2 have in total?

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach
Great chapter as always. Sorry I did not check it out earlier. Everyone else pretty much caught the mistakes. I like the idea for a song in your fic. I can't wait for the next chapter! Oh and how many chapters will Book 2 have in total?

I'd say that Book 2 is probably going to end up having somewhere around 30 chapters.