• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dimensions of Darkness Book 2: The Explorers of the Core

Torpoleon

I'd say that Book 2 is probably going to end up having somewhere around 30 chapters.
So, almost half way done then! Having Lucario and Mew here together reminds me of Movie 8, in a way. Hopefully Regigigas will appear soon and I hope we can find out who the boss of Abomasnow and Machamp are.

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach
Actually, I think I've got to up the number of chapters. This book will probably end up being between 35 and 40 chapters.

I should have the next chapter up in the next couple of days. I'm briefly pulling away from Piplup and the Gang and am returning to Treasure Town, on a dreary day at the Spinda Cafe, where an old friend of Wigglytuff turns up unexpectedly...

Illusione-Tempus

Piplup put his arm oh Chimchar's shoulder. "Chimchar, sometimes, when a man...er, when a Pokemon and a woman...er, female...Oh, now I'm all flustered!"

Poor guy... Btw you typed 'oh' not 'on'. A mistake which haven't been placed despite people quoting this all the time? :p

Torpoleon

Actually, I think I've got to up the number of chapters. This book will probably end up being between 35 and 40 chapters.

I should have the next chapter up in the next couple of days. I'm briefly pulling away from Piplup and the Gang and am returning to Treasure Town, on a dreary day at the Spinda Cafe, where an old friend of Wigglytuff turns up unexpectedly...
Cool! So, that stuff at Spinda Cafe would begin with Chapter 13, right? Thanks for telling me how much chapters it would have. Can't wait for Chapter 13!

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach
Poor guy... Btw you typed 'oh' not 'on'. A mistake which haven't been placed despite people quoting this all the time? :p

Oh, thanks for pointing that out. I'll go fix it now.

Sorry that, once again, it has been SOOOOOOOOOO long.

Here's the next chapter!

Chapter 13
The Guild's Motivation

The sun shone brightly down upon Treasure Town. Pokemon were out and about, doing their daily shopping and taking care of their business. The laughter of the Kecleon Brothers was audible all around as Azurill and Marill came by shopping. At the same time, the heated arguing of Team Ebony's Murkrow and Shuppet also broke the peace. Sensei Marowak was out desperately attempting to lure in some customers to his dojo. In basic terms, everything was normal in the village.

Except for one little thing.

Out at Sharpedo Bluff, there was no one around. Piplup and Chimchar were both gone, down fighting Darkrai in the core of the earth. Not even Dugtrio was around, staring out to the sea as usual.

And Sharpedo Bluff wasn't the only thing empty. So was the Wigglytuff Guild. It had been shut down a few days before, for without the guidance of Wigglytuff and Chatot, the apprentices had found themselves wandering aimlessly, with no point in their work. Which is what brings us to the Spinda Cafe.

"Hey, Bartender! Berry Mary, Oran-positive!"

Spinda walked over to the table and slid another drink down to Loudred, who slurped it up immediately. Sunflora and Chimecho eyed him disdainfully, but didn't speak their thoughts. The three sat around a table along with Croagunk, Bidoof, and Diglett. All of them had a berry drink of some kind, but they all still seemed gloomy. The only other Pokemon in the cafe were Roserade of exploration team Raiders, and two newcomers to town, Jynx and Quagsire. The three were all sitting at a table on the opposite side of the cafe, minding their own business.

"No no NO!!!"

"Not again!"

Corphish and Dugtrio both danced around angrily before Wynaut and Wobbufet at their Recycle stand. They had been trading in everything they had for Prize Tickets, and had yet to get a winner. Fortunatley, they got a consolation prize every time, which allowed them to keep trading in for more tickets. Actually, that might have been a bad thing.

"Well, here are your Prize Tickets," Wynaut said exhaustedly. He handed over the tickets to Corphish and Dugtrio. "Would you like to redeem them now?"

"YES!" the two apprentices screamed at once.

Wynaut sighed and turned to his partner, Wobbufet. "Check out this prize ticket, Wobbufet."

"All right!" Wobbufet saluted. She turned around, checking Corphish's ticket.

"Is it a win or a loss?" Wynaut asked routinely.

Wobbufet whirled around suddenly. "That's right!"

"Well, that's not too bad," Wynaut pointed out. "Here's your consolation pri-"

"Keep it!" Corphish interrupted. "Hey, I'll just take another Prize Ticket, hey hey!"

Dugtrio shoved Corphish out of the way, making his way to the counter. "My turn! My turn!"

Chimecho sighed. "When are those two going to give it up?"

"Yup yup, they're just not quitting, by golly," Bidoof agreed. "They're bent on winning, yup."

"WELL!" Loudred bellowed, drawing everyone's attention and earning some scowls from the Pokemon at the other table. "They DON'T have much ELSE to do, DO THEY? I was THINKING about going over there and JOINING them MYSELF!"

Croagunk grinned. "Hush up! Your voice is ridiculously loud!" The spot-on imitation of Chatot pulled a smile out of everyone, even Loudred.

"Hey!" Sunflora piped up. "Wynaut and Wobbufet are reading Dugtrio's Prize Ticket!"

"HERE'S to another loss!" Loudred grinned. He raised his glass, followed by the rest. They clanked together companionably.

"Wobbufet!" Wynaut asked. "Is it a win or a loss?"

Wobbufet shook her head.

"So, is it a win or loss?"

Wobbufet shook her head.

"Wait...could it be? Wobbufet?"

"..........."

"I-is it a big win?"

The Guild apprentices rose to their feet and started walking towards the Recycle Stand. "Impossible," Chimecho gasped.

"D-did he finally get it?" Bidoof wondered.

"Wobbufet!" Wynaut urged. "Is it a big win?"

Wobbufet turned around silently. Everyone held their breath.

"Oh," Wynaut sighed. "Is it a loss?"

Wobbufet paused. Then, suddenly, she saluted. "That's right!"

"Eeeeeek!!!"

Sunflora fainted from the anticipation, Bidoof, Diglett, and Chimecho sighed, Loudred and Corphish laughed, and Dugtrio finally lost it. "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!"

After a few minutes, with some need of smellingsalts, the Guild apprentices were all gathered back around their table.

"Urg, I really have to cut off the Prize Tickets," Dugtrio admitted. "It's unhealthy."

"Finally!" Diglett growled. "Dad, I've been trying to get you off those Tickets for a while now. It's good that you've stopped."

Corphish grinned. "Hey, he's right. Those were an unhealthy obsession, hey hey."

"Those did look pretty fun, though," Sunflora admitted.

"YEAH!" Loudred agreed.

Chimecho jingled loudly, silencing everyone. "Do the Prize Tickets really matter right now? What matters is that we need to stick together."

"Yup," Bidoof nodded. "Lately, we've all been moping about without Chatot and the Guildmaster. But golly, we can still be out helping Pokemon in need!"

"Forget that!" Diglett chimed in. "Our Guildmaster is all alone at Fogbound Lake, waiting for Chatot to be freed. And what have we always done before?"

Now Sunflora cut in. "Why, gosh, we always stand right behind our Guildmaster!"

"Yep!" Dugtrio nodded. "Through thick and thin, we've gone through all of our troubled times with the help of Wigglytuff."

"YEAH!" Loudred whooped. "So NOW, in HIS time of need..."

"We should be there backing him up, hey hey hey!" Corphish finished.

"Wait!"

Everyone turned to face Croagunk. "What is it?" Diglett asked.

"Well, has everyone else forgotten that the Guildmaster sealed the entrance to the cave? He's stuck himself up there, and he's the only one who can get himself out. We're stuck down here."

"Perhaps I may be of assistance."

The apprentices all whirled around. A shadowy figure stood in the entrance to the Cafe. He was large and burly looking. "Eeek!" Sunflora screamed.

"Golly, who are you?" Bidoof asked.

"That is not important now," the Pokemon answered. "I'm an old friend of Wigglytuff's, let's leave it at that. And what's more, I can get you into Fogbound Lake, if that's what you want."

"Of-of course!" Dugtrio sputtered. "But how do we get there?"

The Pokemon grinned. "Just follow me."

The apprentices all huddled up. "How do we trust him, hey?" Corphish wondered.

"He said he's a friend of the Guildmaster," Chimecho pointed out.

"But he could be lying," Diglett argued.

"We outnumber him, though," Croagunk pointed out.

Loudred nodded vigorously. "Yeah! We can take him easily!"

"Yup yup, I think it's settled, then," Bidoof grinned.

The group all turned around. The stranger waited anxiously for their answer.

"All right," Chimecho said. "We're coming."

The stranger smiled widely. "Brilliant! Come on, kiddies, let's head to Fogbound Lake!"

Hope you all like it! Any guesses on who the stranger is?

Last edited:

JD

Haha another great chapter galladerocks! I think the stranger might be armaldo who taught wigglytuff how to be a explorer!

*taps on shoulder*
Hi! Great chapter! Though it was a side chapter, it was hilarious! I wonder who the mystery pokemon is? Can't wait for the next one!
Oh, and also... May I be added to the PM list? Thanks!

Torpoleon

I think the stranger is Armaldo. Anyways, interesting chapter! So the Guild Apprentices want to be with Wigglytuff or free Wigglytuff? Well, can't wait for more! Oh and can I be on the PM list as well?

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach
I think the stranger is Armaldo. Anyways, interesting chapter! So the Guild Apprentices want to be with Wigglytuff or free Wigglytuff? Well, can't wait for more! Oh and can I be on the PM list as well?

The apprentices are going to be with Wigglytuff, as they think it's their duty to stick with their Guildmaster. And Purplepassion, Torpoleon, Mi10ticFan, all of you are on the PM list!

Torpoleon

The apprentices are going to be with Wigglytuff, as they think it's their duty to stick with their Guildmaster. And Purplepassion, Torpoleon, Mi10ticFan, all of you are on the PM list!
Oh so they'll stay trapped in there with Wigglytuff and Chatot?

Torpoleon

They're planning on breaking through the wall created by Wigglytuff and staying their with him until Chatot is freed, yes.
Wouldn't they die without food, water and sunlight? Well, unless if they manage to get frozen in time although the time already got frozen so I think that stepping in there wont make them frozen in time.

Rabidmunchlax

Can you add me to the PM list? Also, I agree that the stranger is going to be armaldo

Torpoleon

One thing I liked about Chapter 13 is that it really reminded me of Explorers of Sky. There was the Spinda Cafe and this mysterious stranger is a friend of Wigglytuff's so it would probably be Armaldo, something from EoS. I hope that the Guild Apprentices stay with Wiggytuff. Not to be mean though.

mattman324

aka Shiny_Feraligatr
Firstly, the stranger is most likely Armaldo (hey, I guessed Lucario and Mew).

Secondly, QUICK! TO THE PM LISTMOBILE!

Mudkip8003

Has to be Armaldo. It just has to. Can you add me to the pm list?