• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dimensions of Darkness Book 2: The Explorers of the Core

dragontamer23

AshXMay all the way!
Yes, I aggree that it is armaldo. I like the thing with the prize tickets, It was very well done. PM list please?

hailflameblast

I'm coming...
Actually, while Armaldo is the most logical answer, do you think he's really going to call the Guild apprentices 'gang'? For a second I thought it was Wigglytuff, then I remembered Wigglytuff was stuck with Chatot

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach
Here's the next chapter! I'm going back and naming all my chapters, so if you're curious, check the table of contents.

Chapter 14
Don't Poke the Ursaring

Grovyle sighed. He strode through the tunnels, thinking about everything and nothing. His thoughts continuously strayed to his small pink friend (No, not Kirby!) frozen in time on the surface world, no matter what he did to distract himself. He even tried to hypnotize himself with the flourescent blue moss on the rocky walls, but to no avail.

"Oh, Celebi! Aaaaargh!"

The roar of sorrow and frustration reverberated throughout the darkness of the tunnels, bouncing around for miles and miles. More than anything else, Grovyle longed to hear Celebi's sweet, musical laughter, but the only response he got was his own hollow answer. Or, at least, it should have been.

"Well well well."

Grovyle whirled around, but he could see no one. "Wh-who's there?"

The voice came again. "I never expected to see you again."

"Show yourself!" Grovyle ordered. He almost though he could recognize the voice, but he couldn't place his finger on who it was...

"Grovyle, dear Grovyle, is that anyway to treat an old friend?"

Grovyle leapt in surprise as a pair of figures emerged from the shadows before him. Both were large and bulky, and neither looked like good news. One had large bushy tufts of fur sticking out all over it, and its eyes glowed a pale blue. The other had four muscly arms flexing in the air, preparing for a fight.

"An Abomasnow and a Machamp," Grovyle identified. "I don't believe I know either of you. If I should, please, do not be offended."

Machamp shook his head. "Nah, we don't know you, either."

"We have no quarrel with you," Abomasnow added. "It's the Boss who's after you."

"Th-the Boss?" Grovyle inquired. "Who's the Boss?"

"That would be me."

A shadow dropped down from the ceiling, landing gracefully and spider-like before Grovyle. He reeled back in surprise. And, as the light illuminated the figure before him, he fell back even further in terror.

"Y-y-you! H-how did you get here?!?"

The Boss loomed up over Grovyle, grinning wickedly. "I might ask you the same thing, Grovyle, my boy!"

With that, he struck.

"...So, that basically ends our story."

"Up to this point, at least."

"How do we know this isn't the end of our story?"

"Well, we've succeeded so far, haven't we?"

"So far. Which probably means we're gonna die."

"Don't say that!"

"Yeah! You'll jinx the mission!"

"I'll bet you $20 we die within a week!"

"Ok!"

"You're on!"

"Alright! But when we're dead, you'll so owe me that money."

Lucario and Mew could only stare embarrassedly at Piplup, Chimchar, and Dusknoir's meaningless argument about their own deaths. "That was...interesting," Mew grinned sheepishly.

"Interesting is one way to put it," Lucario agreed. "Deranged would also work."

"Yes, deranged is another way to put it."

"We can hear you!" Chimchar growled.

Dusknoir pointed accusingly at the duo. "Yeah! You two aren't exactly figures of normality either!"

"Are you calling me weird?" Mew twitched.

"Err, no! No!" Dusknoir waved his hands frantically in front of his face. "I'm not calling you weird! I'm just saying that you're...abnormal?"

Steam circled up from Mew's ears. "Abnormal? ABNORMAL?"

"Dusknoir!" Piplup hissed. "Don't poke the Ursaring! Don't poke the Ursaring!"

"No, no!" Dusknoir shook his head at Mew. "Not abnormal, not abnormal! Um...Um..."

Mew roared with rage. "You're calling me a freak! A freak, I say! Lucario, hold me back! Hold me back!"

"Uh, ok." Lucario reached out and grabbed her shoulders. The next instant, he was layed out flat on his back.

"Idiot!" Mew bellowed. "Don't hold me back! That's insane!"

"WAIT!!!"

Everyone turned to Piplup. "We have business here! Important business! Or has that slipped everybody's mind?"

"It slipped my mind!" Chimchar whooped excitedly.

"Well, that's obvious," Piplup pointed out. "Your brain's slipperier than a fresh caught Magikarp on a rainy day!"

Chimchar gasped in horror. "A fresh caught Magikarp?"

"Yeah, a fresh caught Magikarp. You know, like fishing..." Piplup trailed off, suddenly realizing what he'd said. "Oh yeah."

"We don't hunt other Pokemon!" Chimchar gaped, appaled. "Where did that idea ever come to you from?"

Piplup shrugged. "It was a human thing, I think."

"Oh, that's disgusting!"

"Sorry."

"Don't apologize to me! Apologize to the Magikarp!"

"Whatever!" Piplup roared again. "What I'm trying to say is that Chimchar, Dusknoir, and I have told our story! Now, Lucario, Mew, we need to be told yours."

Lucario frowned. "Oh yes, of course. But shouldn't we wait for your friend?"

"Grovyle?" Piplup shook his head. "Nah, he'll catch on fast once we explain it to him. Go ahead, tell us your story."

Mew, suddenly tranquil again, took the spotlight. "Well, our story isn't much of one."

"Yeah," Lucario cut in. "We were just-"

"Lucario," Mew sighed. "Haven't we had this discussion before?"

"Probably."

"Leave the story-telling to me, alright?"

"Fine."

Mew turned back to Piplup, Chimchar, and Dusknoir. "So, as I was saying-"

Once again, Mew was cut off, this time by an enormous crash. The noise of shattering rock filled the cavern as an echo from somewhere within the tunnels. "What was that?" Chimchar wondered.

"I don't know, but it didn't sound good!" Lucario growled. "Mew, stay here to watch the ruins! Make sure that if something goes wrong, they're not discovered."

Mew nodded. "Rightio! And remember next time, I give the orders."

"Of course. Sorry."

"I'll let it slide. This time."

"Anyway, I'll go out to investigate," Lucario proclaimed.

Piplup stepped up beside him. "Chimchar and I will go, too."

"Yeah," Chimchar agreed. "Grovyle's out there, and he might be in trouble. We're going out with you."

"Fine, if you insist," Lucario relented. "But Dusknoir should stay here with Mew in case something should happen. They can guard the ruins and make sure they're not discovered."

Dusknoir rose up menacingly behind Lucario. "Hey! Since when did I start taking orders from you?"

"Dusknoir!" Piplup snapped. "Bad Dusknoir! Sit!"

Obediently, Dusknoir sat.

"Impressive," Lucario commented. "Is he house-trained?"

"I heard that!"

Piplup grinned mischievously. "Ok! Let's go!"

Hope you like it!

Grovyle sighed. He strode through the tunnels, thinking about everything and nothing. His thoughts continuously strayed to his small pink friend (No, not Kirby!) frozen in time on the surface world, no matter what he did to distract himself. He even tried to hypnotize himself with the flourescent blue moss on the rocky walls, but to no avail.

"Oh, Celebi! Aaaaargh!"

The roar of sorrow and frustration reverberated throughout the darkness of the tunnels, bouncing around for miles and miles. More than anything else, Grovyle longed to hear Celebi's sweet, musical laughter, but the only response he got was his own hollow answer. Or, at least, it should have been.
(No, not Kirby!) <--- This made me crack up.
"Fine, if you insist," Lucario relented. "But Dusknoir should stay here with Mew in case something should happen. They can guard the ruins and make sure they're not discovered."

Dusknoir rose up menacingly behind Lucario. "Hey! Since when did I start taking orders from you?"

"I heard that!"

Piplup grinned mischievously. "Ok! Let's go!"
Lol, obedient Dusknoir.
Can't wait for next chapter! :D

Illusione-Tempus

I lol-ed at the (No, not Kirby) quote, and that obedient Dusknoir xD

So I'm starting to grow curious about the stranger back at the Cafe. When will he be up?

Mudkip8003

Everyone turned to Piplup. "We have business here! Important business! Or has that slipped everybody's mind?"

"Well, that's obvious," Piplup pointed out. "Your brain's slipperier than a fresh caught Magikarp on a rainy day!"

"Yeah, a fresh caught Magikarp. You know, like fishing..." Piplup trailed off, suddenly realizing what he'd said. "Oh yeah."

"We don't hunt other Pokemon!" Chimchar gaped, appaled. "Where did that idea ever come to you from?"

"Oh, that's disgusting!"

"Sorry."

---------------------------------------

"I heard that!"

Best chapter yet!

Last edited:

Torpoleon

Awesome chapter! I liked the obedient Dusknoir and No, Not Kirby! stuff. The boss is a spider, or something like that? Maybe I should look in the Platinum Strategy Guide. Anyways, can't wait for more!

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach
Awesome chapter! I liked the obedient Dusknoir and No, Not Kirby! stuff. The boss is a spider, or something like that? Maybe I should look in the Platinum Strategy Guide. Anyways, can't wait for more!

Well, the Boss isn't a spider, I'll tell you that. He was just hanging spider-like from the ceiling. You know, how a frog or a Gecko can climb around.

dragontamer23

AshXMay all the way!
Well, the boss could be Ariados. Spider- like. Anyways, great chapter. Loved the "apologize to the magikarp." and obedient dusknoir. Keep up the good work!

Torpoleon

Well, the Boss isn't a spider, I'll tell you that. He was just hanging spider-like from the ceiling. You know, how a frog or a Gecko can climb around.
OH! Thanks for giving away what it is! *winks* Sceptile

mattman324

aka Shiny_Feraligatr
His thoughts continuously strayed to his small pink friend (No, not Kirby!)

*starts singing* Kirby kirby kirby that's a name you should know, Kirby kirby kirby he's the star of the show... I really should stop.

"...So, that basically ends our story."

"Up to this point, at least."

"How do we know this isn't the end of our story?"

"Well, we've succeeded so far, haven't we?"

"So far. Which probably means we're gonna die."

"Don't say that!"

"Yeah! You'll jinx the mission!"

"I'll bet you $20 we die within a week!"

"Ok!"

"You're on!"

"Alright! But when we're dead, you'll so owe me that money."

*can't speak because he's laughing to hard*

Dusknoir pointed accusingly at the duo. "Yeah! You two aren't exactly figures of normality either!"

"Are you calling me weird?" Mew twitched.

"Err, no! No!" Dusknoir waved his hands frantically in front of his face. "I'm not calling you weird! I'm just saying that you're...abnormal?"

Steam circled up from Mew's ears. "Abnormal? ABNORMAL?"

"Dusknoir!" Piplup hissed. "Don't poke the Ursaring! Don't poke the Ursaring!"

"No, no!" Dusknoir shook his head at Mew. "Not abnormal, not abnormal! Um...Um..."

Mew roared with rage. "You're calling me a freak! A freak, I say! Lucario, hold me back! Hold me back!"

"Uh, ok." Lucario reached out and grabbed her shoulders. The next instant, he was layed out flat on his back.

"Idiot!" Mew bellowed. "Don't hold me back! That's insane!"

HA HA HA HA HA HA *still is laughing*

"Oh, that's disgusting!"

"Sorry."

Mew, suddenly tranquil again, took the spotlight. "Well, our story isn't much of one."

"Yeah," Lucario cut in. "We were just-"

"Lucario," Mew sighed. "Haven't we had this discussion before?"

"Probably."

"Leave the story-telling to me, alright?"

"Fine."

"I heard that!"

*Is unable to finish this post because of laughter*

I Lol'd at how Dusknoir was SUPER Obedient to piplup you'd expect he would get mad
right?

Can i be on the PM List?

Lucario7777777

A Jesus Freak
Can i be on the pm list?
I am trying to read your fanfics, but real life is getting in the way.

nathaniel2222

OMG! This fanfic is awesome in every way. One thing I would like to point out is that when you are saying something along the lines of "The guild was always there for Chimchar and I", it's not "Chimchar and I" it's "Chimchar and me". Try it without Chimchar, and you'll see that it's me. I cannot wait for the next chapter! Please put me on the PM list.