• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dinosaur King

Kametsou

Dinosaur King premiered on 4Kids TV yesterday and every one's saying that it's an exact replica of Pokémon (not in a bad way).

I watched the first episode and I thought it was awesome. Did any one else get to see it?

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Considering I heard VT uses her Ash voice (although VT seems to have a very small range) as the main character, I definately think 4kids want to make it the next Pokemon.

Besides that, it looks like a lame Anime...

Rave

Banned
I thought 4kids was gonna stop getting licenses for anime.

What made them decide to get their hands on this series?

Dattebayo

Banned
What's Dinosaur King? I never heard of it because I stopped watching 4kids TV when I found out it was ruining anime. Tell me what it's all about and show me a clip of the anime.

4kids has a TV network?
Technically. It's on Fox. With their own station block.

I thought 4kids was gonna stop getting licenses for anime.

What made them decide to get their hands on this series?

They were desperate.

What's Dinosaur King? I never heard of it because I stopped watching 4kids TV when I found out it was ruining anime. Tell me what it's all about and show me a clip of the anime.
Look it up. in ANN.

XD375

Shane
I seen the Japanese version already, I wanna see the dub! When the dub came on, my brother was hogging the TV to play Ape Escape...

Pamizard

Queen of Charizards!
I watched it. Its okay but the little dinosaurs are cute. Hey, I am a big Dinosaur fan.

Godzilla231

Cool Story, Bro.
The show's pretty good except for some of the animation for the big Dinos in some parts.4KidsTV is also on the CW on Sundays and the FOX version is on Saturdays if you watch that.I gonna watch it again on Sun.:) You know what the main person's voice souded just like the old person who used to do Ash's voice.

Last edited:

Hidden Mew

Fog Trainer
I did see this series premiere last Saturday and I thought that it was pretty cute. I can see why people think that it's a Pokemon clone, but it seems different enough in my eyes not to be a copy-cat. From just the first episode, the only similarites I saw with Dinosaur King and Pokemon are the character designs, mainly for the main character and the villans, and the fact that it deals with battling monsters/dinosaurs. In all honesty, I see this series as more as mixed elements of Digimon and Dragon Drive, except it has dinosaurs instead of monsters.

Anyway, it seems like a cute, fun series to me. At least it will give me a chance to watch something interesting while I'm bored on Saturday mornings.

Sparkleo

Low on power...
What's Dinosaur King?
If I'm right, it's supposed to be based on an arcade game in which you play and collect dino cards and use them Swipe 'Rock/Paper/Scissor' style.

I remember seeing one in an arcade place while visiting the UK last Christmas, but never played it.
2005 game trailer WARNING: headache-inducing voice(s)...

Speaking of old voices, I noticed one of the villains, Ursula, is voiced by Rachel Lillis, the original voice of TR Jessie...

Last edited:

Kametsou

For those who are judging this series before they have even seen it, you're making the wrong decision. It's actually decent and fairly interesting. In my opinion, from what I've seen so far, this is one of 4Kids' best dubs yet.

kaibachaoschampion

Feather Trainer
Great thats all we need. 4Kids are still going to kill Anime...I knew I shouldn't have trusted the "we're not going to licence any more Anime." I hate 4Kids.

Rave

Banned
Great thats all we need. 4Kids are still going to kill Anime...I knew I shouldn't have trusted the "we're not going to licence any more Anime." I hate 4Kids.

Thats because 4kids are always so hypocritical with the things they say.

They know they still want to prove how stupid kids are when it comes to animu and such, as well as showing their hate for animu.

Dattebayo

Banned
If I'm right, it's supposed to be based on an arcade game in which you play and collect dino cards and use them Swipe 'Rock/Paper/Scissor' style.

I remember seeing one in an arcade place while visiting the UK last Christmas, but never played it.
2005 game trailer WARNING: headache-inducing voice(s)...

How ironic. It looks like it's created by SEGA, and since it's a clone of Pokemon, that means both games are going to become rivals, just like Mario and Sonic.

Last edited: