• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Disappointment In Starter Evolution?

Overall with Starters they aren't exactly my favourites because you see them all the time, but i personally like the GSC starters. I love them :) they are just so cute but turn out to be so awesome when they are fully evolved!

Autis-misc

Abridger
I was disappointed with the entire Tepig Line.
The Chikorita Line also Surprised me a little.

Calamity™

aka Lamia
Overall with Starters they aren't exactly my favourites because you see them all the time, but i personally like the GSC starters. I love them :) they are just so cute but turn out to be so awesome when they are fully evolved!

I agree with this completely. I don't think any of the starters are great, but visually the Johto ones always win. I think that their evolutions do make sense, and they are the best mix out of all the regions. They look good together!

DarkSerpent

Silent Observer
I dont like beginning stage pokemon. If there are 3 evolutions of a given pokemon, and the third is it's most powerful form, then that's the form I judge. Harsh, I know. I'm picky, what can I say.

So, I like: Venusaur, Blastoise, Charizard, Feraligatr (my 1rst fav. Starter), Typhlosion, Empoleon, and Serperior (my 2nd fav. Starter).

The rest are either stepping stones to great things or not-4-me-emon.

The only starter that disappointed me was Piplup. It's evolutions make me feel bad that it turns that ugly. The rest are okay.

I think they should just change every starter to a fighting sub type so people will stop worrying about it. IMO, ya I disagree with Samurott not being Fighting/Water, but at the same time Emboar's Fire/Fighting type was so appropriate

destructo

competetively, the 5th gen starters were a disappointment. All of them currently NU. However, the worst looking poke for me was emboar while the best one was typhlosion

M4zz

Banned
I sense a huge "Your opinion is wrong 'cause I don't like that Pokemon" debate occurring, but oh well. This is the internet. It's almost expected.

Anywho, I like all the starters. They provide key elements to both the Metagame and Ingame. Whether someone likes a design or not is entirely up to them.

Mijuwott

Poppstar Sunshine
I find all the starters to be great, at first i'll admit I wasn't a fan of tepig but then I realize I wasn't a fan of Emboar who eventually turned out to be pretty good especially with its Hp being able to back up its defenses.

miju.

~Kari~

I was disappointed that they made ANOTHER ****ing Fire/Fighting starter. They also made Servine suck.

Treecko's Awesomeness

Treecko is claimed!
I've always liked the starters, Emboar being the only line that didn't impress me, and even that line I've grown to like in time.

Grei

not the color
I remember hating Samurott's design when it was first revealed. I was OK with Serperior and wasn't fond of Emboar (though I didn't care much about that one). Now I love all three Unova lines.

To this day I'm not a fan of Meganium, but I love Chikorita and Bayleef. Typhlosion is alright, but I like Quilava better. I still wouldn't want a Venusaur, but instead would want Ivysaur or Bulbasaur, and Blastoise and Squirtle < Wartortle. Turtwig is better than Grotle, and Grotle is inferior to Torterra's awesomeness.

I don't actually hate any stages of any Starter lines. I like them all. I just like some more than others.

Wolf Prince

Lycan Seraph
personally i was disapointed in treecko's last evolution, i mean his first evolution Grovyle was epic and cool and fast, but his last evolution just looked weird, like it didn't belong with treecko's ninja style.

ToeyJoey

The Count
It's a shame to get three fire/fighting in a row but worse things have happened.

Tyranitarquake

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAX!!!
My blood flow sped up when My bayleef evolved. I love meganium and all, but it wasnt what I expected.
Tepig, tepig, tepig. It could've been given so much potential, but intead it was given the same final typing as two other starters, evolves into a fat pig, and is overall weird in my opinion.

derena

I always loved all starters... except untill 5th gen, I picked up tepig, and the first opportunity I had, I placed him into my box after catching some different pokémons. ( Sandile was my starter in my mind! :p )

Littlemyuu

I love all the starters, the only one i never really liked was Bulbasuar > Venusuar ect.
my most favorite ones are Fraligatr,Sceptile line and most Waters.