• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Disappointment In Starter Evolution?

I HATED Infernape, because of it being a fire/fighting, and same with Emboar, but I grew out of the hate for him quickly, cause it like... already happened so it wasn't that bad anymore. Also, I hated emboar at first because of his design, but I liked him the second I got him in game. Still sad that I had to evolv my adorable little Tepig though. :c

PrismaticPrincessAnna

I'll do my Lilliest
I only pick water starters in every game, nothing else xD

Kinda disappointed a cute lil Oshawott evolves into this..thing, Samurott :/ thats why my Dewott is liek lv 60 something and its un-evolved. I got the Samurott in my Dex Data by hatching an egg and evolve it... nya~

Last edited:

Jellyfisher

Sexiest man alive
I loved the Kanto, Jhoto, and Hoenn. The Unova Region however, was terribly disappointing. Oshawott, Tepig, and Snivy are all ugly, and I hate all of them. The starters in Sinnoh were okay, but some had major flaws. Also like the Unova, they look and are FLAWED.

Pokemon Trainer Blue

Smell ya later!
The Unova starters are such a step down from the amazing Shinnoh starters.

garren

kitties will rule
i miss my piplup, its ultimate form is so cool

Lt Steel

The Steel Curtain
I seriously disliked the starters in Unova.
They just look like those fake fanboy-made pokemon you see on youtube videos.

Although Dewott was fine. I liked the Samurai/Ninja theme going on.

It has just started declining since Sinnoh. Empoleon has to be hands down the ugliest final evolution.

Tepig may be good against the lot of the gyms,but i chose snivy,and i may have had trouble,but that just added to my experience.It doesnot matter witch startert pokemon you don't like,but whitch one other people like.We are different people we have different oppinions.

Tonguetyd

Three fire and fightings in a row.Seriously!I still think game freak has ideas,but for fire starters..not so much.As for other things,marshtomp was never one of my favorites,mainly because of it's backsprite in RSE.As for croconaw,it gets fat and gains a egg-like thing on its stomach.Glad it evolves into the awesome feraligatr.Ivysaur and Venusaur I didn't like much,the only change was that they gained some plants and fangs.

LokiTheGengar

Sith Lord Victorious
Three fire and fightings in a row.Seriously!I still think game freak has ideas,but for fire starters..not so much.As for other things,marshtomp was never one of my favorites,mainly because of it's backsprite in RSE.As for croconaw,it gets fat and gains a egg-like thing on its stomach.Glad it evolves into the awesome feraligatr.Ivysaur and Venusaur I didn't like much,the only change was that they gained some plants and fangs.

It made sense for Torchic/Chimchar since the first gym in Hoenn and Sinnoh is Rock, and Rock<Fighting. But the weird type trio thing in Unova makes another fire/fighting-type pointless.

But Unova starters do suck in general, Dewott being the only one I like out of any of their lines. And I still don't use him because Oshawott is too sickeningly cute.

2rsa

Shiny Hunter
I love Gen 5 starters a lot.their actually my favorite trio.

Empoleon looks great, Sceptile however....

Don't diss... :3

I thought the unova starters were alright but Emboar... wth is that... THING?!? It's like a cross between a pig, a pro boxer with no biceps, and a veery camp guy cus of the scarf and finally the out of proportion legs. seriously... :3

GilligBoi

The only starter that really disappointed me was Meganium. I liked Chikorita and Bayleef but no matter how hard I tried to get Meganium to be effective it never worked.

Spacialrend

Gallade owns
I think I'm one of few that were never fond of Swampert.