• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Disaster of Disguise! (337)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Disaster of Disguise (337)

Disaster of Disguise

After getting some Contest tips, May & Co. arrive in Verdanturf Town and meet up with a Masked-trainer and his Dusclops. He intends to participate in the contest, but his mom wont let him. Will he be able to participate?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Yellow

Banned
His mom is retarded if she won't let him compete. I hop he kicks May's A*s. [I HATE May]

£añkaÑ

~Thîrûttû R⚢âl~
Well, this should be intresting since i can't wait to see how funny it will be for the part of the Mom yelling alot at her son...and i'd like to here her speech on hating pokemon.

This episode looks great. I mean contest episodes are usually a good standard, is Drew is this episode by any chance?

Last edited:

Chris

Old Coot
Yes, Shuu (Drew) is in this episode. And he gets WHOOPED badly. :x Not a bad debut for Dusclops, either.

Alfonso

Derpgull
Edward Elric said:
Yes, Shuu (Drew) is in this episode. And he gets WHOOPED badly. :x Not a bad debut for Dusclops, either.

Just a little more info: Shuu gets beaten by The Phantom Coordinator at the start of this Contest Two Parter. He's then seen in the crowd when May is battling said Coordinator.

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
Is it just me or is this a guy a knock off on Tuxedo Mask?

Alfonso

Derpgull
The Big Al said:
Is it just me or is this a guy a knock off on Tuxedo Mask?

...If he is, he's certainly cooler than Tuxedo Mask. But I hate Tuxedo Mask, so... yeah. Regardless, he looks... cool? (And Slashable. But all good looking guys on Pokemon are slashable in my opinion.)

Anyway, we know he has one fan... *points to Brawly's bathroom, where a certain fangirl is most likely watching him take a shower* ^_~

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
Yeah, the Dusclops Mask makes him look more menacing and mysterious than the whatever TM wore. Still, Top Hat, cape, I think he even had the cane. He looks like he's ready for a night on the town more than a contest.

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
Man Team Rocket's motto sequence was a real rip on Sailor Moon (especially Wobbafett blating through the moon.)

What happened to that woman? It's like she just grew wider and not any taller.

Grim is the perfect name for the family considering the father and son train Ghost types.

THey had to make Ash a moron again. He knows that normal attacks don't work on Ghost's but what does he do? -_-

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Ah, this was a great ep. What a way to start it off with Drew being utterly beaten by Dusclops.

I also liked Dusclops battle with Pikachu, too bad it was interrupted. For some reason this episode reminded me of a Kanto episode, which of course is a good thing. We got a nice backstory on Timmy's problem, along with seeing Duskull for pretty much the first non-cameo time.

The ending was hilarious with Brock as the phantom, especially when TR were trying to pull it off, and Jessie's line "What did he glue it to his head?" was great. :D

And the Trainers Choice was actually right this time! Could this be finally a nice start? Can't wait to see the contest, the ending fiery theme has me ready.

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
Yeah, this was a great episode in terms of the depth. It's better than some of the psuedo-Johtos we got early in the season.

That Dusclops had some mad skills. Judging by Timmy's (I mean the Phantom's) way of battling, I think he'd make a better battler than a co-ordinator.

I'm glad Drew got put in his place once again.

V Faction

www.faction.com
-I liked the constant abuse of Ash by Mrs. Grim. A real "Corphish Moment" for Ash XP

-Hey, they kept Dusclops's voice from Wish Maker. Very nice.

-Pikachu vs. Dusclops was great, for as short as it was. I always love greatly animated battles.

-Jessie's dream sequence was... very nice, indeed.

-I loved Thomas's voice. He sounded half-asleep, half-bored all the time. Does he need to take some medication?

-Mrs. Grim is SCARY.

-I too noticed the TR Sailor Moon mockery. Wobbuffet through moon = Priceless.

-I wish we could've seen more of The Phantom Brock Coordinator :(

Th' Duck

What? Huh?
it was an ok episode. I know the anime doesnt go by the game, but will-o-wisp appeared to do damage to Drew's Roselia *groans* is it just me, or do all of the dub episode titles have bad puns in them? e.g. Exploud and Clear (loud and clear), Gulpin it down (gulping it down) *groans*

Oh well. At least there's originality. Look at Kanto. "Ash catches a Pokémon!", "Abra and the Psychic Pokémon". Need I go on? OK< I thought this was a good episode. Drew was beaten to a pulp, and the Duskull and Timmy story was very touching. Skitty was loavable as always, and it looks as though we'll be seeing Dustox again!!! Wobuffet was funny with the moon thing. I didn't know it was a rip-off, but I don't care as long as it's funny!!

Overall rating:
8.8 out of 10!!!
A superior precontest episode(as opposed to "Delcatty got your Tongue?"). Hoenn officially rocks:D!!

SC~ out

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Th' Duck said:
it was an ok episode. I know the anime doesnt go by the game, but will-o-wisp appeared to do damage to Drew's Roselia *groans* is it just me, or do all of the dub episode titles have bad puns in them? e.g. Exploud and Clear (loud and clear), Gulpin it down (gulping it down) *groans*

Considering the pun titles started around the 8th KANTO GYM, I don't know why you're complaining about it 7 years later. Get over it. :/

R

Robert

This episode was pretty good, there was some humor and more depth than usual. There were some moments that seemed prolonged, but I still approve of this.

PDL

disenchanted
the only thing I didn't like about the episode is that Meowth said "Bling Bling"

what the hell

other then that, it was a very good episode :D

Heracross

Custom User Title
Meowth said Bling Bling? That's just wrong... I really wish I had been able to see the dub version of this, I slept straight through it.:p Even though 4kids ruins the music and such it is at least in a language that I understand. Oh well, this was really a good episode, I thought it was hilarious how Timmy's mother kept shaking Ash and he got all dizzy.XD The plot was original, and it was a pretty good story, it really makes you want to see what happens in the next episode.

Space Skitty

Hoenn Champion
I thought it was a funny (and a violent) episode! Mrs. Grim sorta reminded me of some fat girls at my school! XP The Ash abuse was funny; as was Wobbuffet flying threw the moon! XD I'm surprised Mrs. Grim feel for the gang's trick. You could just hear it in their voices that they were faking it! X) I really liked this episode! Brock was also funny!