• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Disastrous Love, Endless Meaning. ( Pokeshipping, Advanceshipping, Contestshipping )

legendarypokemonjunkie17

Back in MY day...
Hey everyone. This is my new fic. This will be rated PG-13. My past fic was closed for unknown reasons, but hopefully this one will be well liked by the Serebii community, I seem to be better at Shipping anyway. This is my first shipping fic, so please be kind and help make this fic the best it could be. Also, there may be more shipping in this fic that I don't mention but I know 3 types, only 3 types. If you like this fic and want me to pm you when I'm going to post, let me know and I'll make a list.
~*~

Lets get a few things straight. They are:

Ages of the main characters:

Ash-17
Misty- 17
Gary- 18
May-16
Drew- 16
Delia Ketchum- 43
Professor Oak- 63

New Characters:

Celia: Coordinater. Envies Drew and wants to steal his heart away from anyone who stands in her way. Age- 15

John: Ash's long-lost brother. Pokemon expert, hero in the land of Orre, as skilled as Ash in battling, more skilled in contests and breeding. Heartthrob. Age- 20

Officer Banks: Bumbling police officer. More to him than meets the eye. Brother is ? I know but I'll keep you guessing. Age- 32

Mystery Man- Knows things about Ash that nobody else knows. Appears at a whim, may hold key to the mystery behind why Team Rocket _______. I know But, I'll still keep you huessing. Age- ??

I'll add more later, I have to go shopping for a small party tonight.

EDIT: I have won an award at the 2006/2007 Shipping Oscars. I will post the award here, it makes perfect sense, after all, it's because of this fic, I won.

legendary.jpg

~*~
The air was heavy. Eerie clouds began to form in the night sky above Pallet Town, located in the region of Kanto. The town was very hospitable and peaceful. This night however, something evil was stirring. 17 year old Ash Ketchum was asleep in his modest two story house, located just south of the towns gated entrance. Ash was stirring, tossing and turning as if he were being jostled in a crammed elevator inside the Battle Tower of the Battle Frontier. All of the sheets and blankets had been thrown off the bed, the window to his second story bedroom was ajar. A warm breeze was blowing in, soon however, the breeze cooled and began to pick up.He was dreaming, more like having a nightmare. Ash began to talk in his sleep.

" No, Misty, May, Drew!! Watch out. Behind you. Get out of the way. It's coming straight towards you. " Ash muttered, almost inaudible.

The eerie clouds had fully formed and soon, thunder began to clap. Almost exactly after the first clap of thunder, Ash sat up, beads of sweat streaming down ash's face, his white t-shirt saturated. Ash stood up and scratched his head, puzzled about what his dream was about, all he could see in his dream however was darkness, only a faint beam of light had shone, only in the distance, as if miles away from his grasp. Ash walked over to the open window and leaned on hs windowsill. He gazed out into the distance, lightning flashed for miles around. Then, suddenly, rain began to fall, heavily. The wind began to gust more and more. Ash's attention now turned to his desk. His first pokemon, Pikachu was sitting, a worried expression covered his face. Pikachu looked like a large, yellow rat with tall, pointy ears. Pokemon, especially Pikachu, could sense the thoughts and emotions of their trainers, but even more, nature. Pikachu jumped down from the desk and ran over to Ash. He began to tug on the leg of Ash's pajamas and when Ash shifted his attention back to the window, an enormous tornado was headed straight towards the town. The tornado was currently ravaging Viridian City, but Ash could see it as clear as day. Ash ordered Pikachu to alert his mother, Delia, in the next room of the impending doom and told him to take her to the basemet while he alerted his neighbor, Professor Samuel Oak. Ash grabbed his gym badges, trophies, backpack, and sneakers, put the sneakers on and ran down the stairs and out the door towards the Pokemon Lab. Professor Oak researched pokemon and was the leading pokemon authority in the world. He was elderly, but could still put up a good fight, especially with his pokemon by his side. Finally, Ash reached the lab. He frantically rang the doorbell, no answer. Ash walked around the lab, actually it was more like a sprint. When he reached the back of the lab, he discovered an open window. He crawled into the lab and found himself in the kitchen. By now, the tornado was in Viridian forest. The tornado seemed to move slow, and it was moving slowly which gave Ash time to act. He knew that he could not rescue the pokemon at the lab and Professor Oak, and make it back home by the time the storm hit. Somehow, Pikachu could sense what Ash was thinking. Pikachu became more worried, but had to stay calm for Delia, who, now after gathering all of the sentimental and important items, was making her way into the basement, letting Pikachu in ahead of her before closing the door. Ash ran upstairs to alert Professor Oak. Halfway up the stair Ash began to shout. He was running out of time and was worried about his mom and Pikachu. Finally Professor Oak awoke. He ran out of his bedroom and ran down the stairs past Ash.

" Professor, we have to get all of the Pokeballs and data down to the basement, right now!!" Ash said heading back down the stairs following Professor Oak.

" I know Ash, that tornado is almost here. I keep my data in a safe in the basement so we just need to worry about the pokemon." Ash and the Professor ran down the dark hallway to the pokeball storage room, grabbed the pokeballs, and started loading them into burlap sacks, sorted by trainer. Bag by bag, minute by minute, second by second, the pokeballs were safely in the bags, although Ash's was particularly heavy, since it contained 69 Pokemon from Kanto, the Orange Islands, Johto, Hoenn, and Shinou that he had caugh on his journey, 30 of them a brown, bull-like pokemon named Tauros.

" I really wish I hadn't caught 30 Tauros!! " Ash said, trying to add some light to this dark occasion. It didn't work. Professor Oak and Ash hauled the sacks of pokeballs carefully down another dark corridor and then a flight of stairs before finally reaching the basement. Just as they entered the basement and shut the door, the monstrous storm had hit. Ash was frightened, more than ever before. The lights in the basement flickered, the howling wind unbearable. The air was thick, and getting thicker as time went by. Ash struggled to breath. Then Ash passed out, lying on the floor, face down. Then, darkness.

Last edited:

flygonrulz

Don't leave me!
...Cool. Impending doom..tornados. Make somebody get squished please! :D Don't see how the shipping fits or why Ash was calling out Drew's name but It's a good start. Congratulations. *gives congratulatory cookie*

shoujoai-fangirl

Our Lady of Sorrows
interesting idea, I think I'll keep reading this because the first chapter is written very nicely and this "mystery man" is intriguing XD so you can add me to the PM list ^^ keep up the good work!

shadow_shipper

...indeed...
Yey ! new story !!! ^^

interesting begining...
In dreams, you can seldom see people you want, you desire...

so I'm seeing : Pokeshipping, Advanceshipping, Respectshipping !?!?! WTF !?!?! *gets strange glances from readers*

nah, just kidding...I just want to see which will be the prime ships of the sotry !
keep it up !

legendarypokemonjunkie17

Back in MY day...
Thank you so much. Most of the shipping will not start until the next chapter, after all, this is only the prologue. Thank you for your kind reviews, I'll put up the om list right now. Thanks!!

PM List

flygonrulz
shoujoai-fangirl
shadow shipper

shadow_shipper

...indeed...
oh ! you don't need to put me on the PM list ! i don't want to be a burden ! besides, i pop up here every day, so I kinda see when a fic is updated...

thanks anyway !

aipom_fan

the story is very nice

the story has a intresting start

i cant wait to see what happens nexts

legendarypokemonjunkie17

Back in MY day...
Pm List

flygonrulz
shoujoai-fangirl
shadow shipper
aipom fan

p.s.

i made the list and put you on because i will probably not be posting the chapter for a few days, maybe a week. I'll try to finish it up tonight, but it is highly unlikely that it will be up anytime soon. Thanks for reading

I have to be on the PM List!! This is an awesome start! Its so suspenseful, weather disasters (which, by the way I love so much, especially floods!) I cannot wait for Chapter 1!

legendarypokemonjunkie17

Back in MY day...
I have to be on the PM List!! This is an awesome start! Its so suspenseful, weather disasters (which, by the way I love so much, especially floods!) I cannot wait for Chapter 1!

Your on, although my fic won't be near as good as memory lake. I'm still working on ch. 1,

MistyLover: could you pm Artemis for me and tell him about the fic, if you can, thanks, if you can't don't worry about it. I'm really busy here at home, running around like mad preparing for a small family gathering in one hour. I'll have to sneak out and up to my room just to check my e-mail, let alone type a three page+ chapter and pm people who in my opinion would like the fic. Happy New Year, 3 hours, 58 min.

legendarypokemonjunkie17

Back in MY day...
Here is a chapter spoiler

I hope this keeps you on the edge of your seats!! At the pace I'm working at, a mile a minute, I might have the first chapter up by tomorrow!!
I opened my eyes, slowly, still clinging onto the bag containing my pokeballs. The tornado was worse than anyone could imagine. Wait, the tornado, Mom and Pikachu!! Once my eyes adjusted to the light, I could see the familiar red hair, bright as ever. But wait, the sheen, the color. It had faded, the bright red hair I had once loved becam dull as if she had aged significantly. Before my eyes was the gorgeous Misteria Waterflower, Misty for short. Her beautiful red hair was cut shoulder length, her gorgeous seafoam green eyes sparkled in the sunlight. The expression that she was sending in my direction was far from trustworthy though. I knew her too well. She was mourning, something horrible happened during the storm.

legendarypokemonjunkie17

Back in MY day...
I'm sorry I called you a " he " in my post, but thank you for reading. I have some of the major fic writers, in my opinion, reviewing, thats great!! Thanks MistyLover!! Happy New Year, and here is the new pm list, ch. 1 will be, most likely, posted by tomorrow.

Pm List
flygonrulz
shoujoai-fangirl
shadow_shipper
aipom_fan
MistyLover
Artemis Ignitan

Last edited:

shadow_shipper

...indeed...
GOD ! :eek:

now that's a spoiler !!!
damn...something sad has happenned...let's wait and see...

legendarypokemonjunkie17

Back in MY day...
you bet that's a spoiler. At least Misty is back, but notice that her description is different, aged, solemn. She's not the same. To give you a big hint, one of the main characters is killed off, only to be seen later on through the help of a spirit medium. Somethings I did not put into the informational part of my first post are such things like characters and pokemon, just wait and see, ch. one will be posted today, definately. It'll be posted soon, I just have to type another page, but I sort of have a little writers block and I have to do a lot of editing.

shadow_shipper

...indeed...
well...I'm not going anywhere ^^
so I'll probably live to read this :D

I personnally don't like when characters are aged too far...or when the characters dramaticly change...but I'll see that later...

legendarypokemonjunkie17

Back in MY day...
Here is chapter 1

Enjoy, although I'm not really sure if there is much shipping. I apologize for spelling, I've been up since noon yesterday. Pm's soon, Enjoy!!

*~*
Chapter One: The Lonley Are Never Really Alone ( Ash's point of view, first person )

I was standing in a dark room, circular, doors covering the wall, not sure of where to go or which one to choose. I was confused, I was weary and could not think straight. I've experienced this before, deja vu so to speak. I walked around the room, all of the doors were the same drab color, sepia with a golden knobell all but one door that is. The door I'm talking about was the last one I reached. It was a crimson red color, an engraving of Lucario towards the middle of the door, and a crystal knob, pure beauty. I grasped the knob and pushed open the door whcih did not lead me out of this dark hell. Instead, I turned up in a dark corridor, pitch black, with the exception of a beam of light at the end of the corridor, it seemed to be miles from my grasp. I walked towards it, then sprinted. Out of breath, I stopped and looked at the beam which was now brighter, bolder. I fell back, laying face up. The light was now eminating from above. The I heard a voice, a gentle, soothing voice, like waves gently lapping on the beach.

" A..."

" As.." The voice that was pure and relaxing minutes ago now began to turn harsh.

" ASH, WAKE UP!!!"

I opened my eyes, slowly, still clinging onto the bag containing my pokeballs. The tornado was worse than anyone could imagine. Wait, the tornado, Mom and Pikachu!! Once my eyes adjusted to the light, I could see the familiar red hair, bright as ever. But wait, the sheen, the color. It had faded, the bright red hair I had once loved becam dull as if she had aged significantly. Before my eyes was the gorgeous Misteria Waterflower, Misty for short. Her beautiful red hair was cut shoulder length, her gorgeous seafoam green eyes sparkled in the sunlight. The expression that she was sending in my direction was far from trustworthy though. I knew her too well. She was mourning, something horrible happened during the storm. It turns out that the drean I had before the storm was similar to what I was looking at now, minus the beautiful red-head.

" Mist..." She stopped me, placing her gentle fingers on my lips, I felt warm, content. I could not think straight.

" Ash, " she said quietly, " I've missed you." Misty said, she looked at me, somber but a warmth to her face. Misty and I were together last when I had lost the Shinou Grand Tournament.

" Misty, " I said weakly, " I wanted to tell you something, I've always wanted to tell you this. "

" And what might that be? " she said, still warm and inviting.

" I love you. I always have, and always will." Her face beamed, her smile was wide as the Cheshire Cat from " Alice in Wonderland ". We drew closer together, as if by destiny. The next moment, her tender lips touched mine and all time had stopped. I had waited for this moment since I first met her at Pallet Lake, seven years ago which I remembered all too well. We kissed for what seemed to be like an eternity. Misty slowly drew back and gazed into my eyes. Both of us were overjoyed. I could tell that , she too had waited for this moment. After a while, Misty broke the silence.

" ASH, WHAT DID YOU DO THAT FOR, SICKO!! EWWWWW!! "

Silence. She sat next to my aching body, which was flat on the tattered carpet of the basement. We had told each other of our deep, burning love for each other, or at least that kiss had told so. Finally, we could have a relationship. We both loved each other and that was all that mattered, to me anyway.Misty though, would deny it, she did not want a relationship, she wanted only a friend. After about a half-an-hour of silence, I couldn't take it anymore. I had to ask.

" What happened to Mom, Professor Oak, and Pikachu? " I said, tears welling up in my eyes.

" Mom and Pikachu are just fine."

" Thank God, but what about the Professor? " Misty became silent, tears began to well in her eyes. She had tried to steer clear of the subject, I was just to fast for her.

" Ash, I'm so sorry. The tornado sucked him out of the basement. The lab was lifted off of the foundation, the pokeballs are here, but he's missing and is going to be pronounced dead if they don't find him in 10 hours." She choked up before she could continue. I was heart-broken. My eyes began to tear, and soon, I was uncontrollably sobbing. I could not think. I was mourning. My eyes soon stung from the tears I had shed, but the tears kept flowing. Misty and I, both upset over how I was the last to see Professor Oak and how we may never see him again, embraced each other, tightly I clung. Sorrow, pure sorrow. My heart had been torn in two, now an empty void fills where my cheerful disposition and eagerness once were. After we released one another, we wiped our eyes and calmed down. I needed to forget Professor Oak, for now anyway. I needed to see mom and Pikachu.

" Misty, how and when did you get here? "

" I took the magnet train from Saffron to Pewter. Then I walked, more like ran, through Viridian City, only to be stopped by an idiot police officer, I think his name was Officer Philip Banks. Anyway, the idiot needed ID. I showed him my official Gym Leaders Badge, and he let me through, but only after accedently falling into a large mud puddle. Viridian City is a mess, the gym is leveled, the pokemon center is still standing though, if you count a coat hook and chair though. I met Gary in town too. He's a wreck. He was injured, a laceration to the left arm and to his neck, right where the spine meets the skull. It's bandaged, but he is still shaken, he can't move at all. He's at your house right now. Well anyway, I sprinted through Viridian Forest, Gary stayed in Viridian to look after what was left of the gym, in a wheelchair, just to be on the safe side, until he was properly treated..." I cut her off.

" But Misty, you hate Viridian Forest, you know, caterpie population 10 thousand? "

" I know Ash, but did it because I love you. " I gazed into her beautiful eyes while she continued talking.

" I ran into a few friends on my way though, I think you'll recognize them, now close your eyes." I followed her instructions, fearing her use of a large wooden mallet, one she had used on me so many times before. I knew that she had it somewhere on her. I could hear the rustling of the leaves above the basement and then could sense two beings next to me, two beings that, in my opinion were not human.

" Okay Ash, open your eyes. "

Before me were the first two pokemon I had ever captured, in their fully evolved form, Pidgeot and Butterfree. The first I looked at was Pidgeot. He was like an eagle, large and majestic. I remember when I first caught him. It was at least 11 years ago. He was still a Pigeotto, a nuch smaller version of what he was now. His feathers were marvelous, a blinding sheen eminated. His eyes were glistening in the early morning sun. He was my second pokemon. I released him back into the wild to protect a group of Pidgeotto and Pidgey, I have not seen him since. Then my attention shifted to the first pokemon I had ever captured, Butterfree. He was a beautiful, deep purple with wings of white segments alternating with navy blue. He was caught as a Caterpie, a large green caterpiller, and he was convinced that he would never become a Butterfree. Now look at him. He went off, not long before Pidgeot, to start a family with a pink Butterfree who was nowhere to be found.

" Butterfree, Pidgeot!! " I smiled at them and they stood there, returning my gesture.

" Mist..." She cut me off.

" I found them not long after the tornado struck Viridian Forest. Thank God they were not injured!! Anyway, everything is horrible. Ash, I don't know what we'll do without Professor Oak!!" She was right about not knowing what to do without the kind mans aid. He was my mentor and friend. When I first started off my journey, he gave me a spunky little Pikachu that turned out to be my best friend.

I laid on the floor, still tired, my shirt saturated, not with sweat but rather with rain water. I was cold, Misty could see that.

" Ash, I know your cold, and that wet shirt isn't making it any better for you. Why don't you take off that shirt and out on my sweater? ''

" Sure, I'm freezing and I don't really care if your sweater is pink and says " Some like it Hot, I just am!! ", I need it. "

She gave me the sweater and stood up. She walked behind me and proped me up. I told her that I could not feel me arms, or use them. She helped me take off my shirt and sat for a moment, looking at me. I did not know why, but I felt uncomfortanle, but in a good way. There was so much water ,and the water had seeped through so much that my muscular chest glistened in the sunlight from the moisture. She looked at me and turned red, like a water lily. She helped me put on the sweater and helped me get up and walk over to my pokemon, who were asleep through the ordeal. I took their pokeballs, which were among the sentimental items I had brought with me, and called them back, they would be with me forever. I grabbed my pokeballs and sack and climbed out of the basement, Oak's pokeballs still on the floor. She handed me the remaining sacks, and I helped her climb out. Before that however, something on the last sack had caught my eye, the tag on the bag read, " Pokemon of Professor Samuel J. Oak, pokemon to be used in battles by me, only. " I knew that he cared about his pokemon. I knew then that we had to find him, not just for us, but for his pokemon. My eyes welled with tears from the thought of his pokemon, lost without him, although he worked so hard to save them. Misty and I then walked to my house, silently, waiting for the doom that was only a few blocks away. When we came upon my house, all that lay were ruins. Professor Oak once told me that the lonely are never really alone, little did he know that at that moment, I felt like the lonliest person on Earth. I knew now that the search for Professor Oak had begun.

Last edited:

shadow_shipper

...indeed...
Emm..ok...

a bit of shippyness, the plot is beginning to take place...just don't understand this part :
" I love you. I always have, and always will." Her face beamed, her smile was wide as the Cheshire Cat from " Alice in Wonderland ". We drew closer together, as if by destiny. The next moment, her tender lips touched mine and all time had stopped. I had waited for this moment since I first met her at Pallet Lake, seven years ago which I remembered all too well. We kissed for what seemed to be like an eternity. Misty slowly drew back and gazed into my eyes. Both of us were overjoyed. I could tell that , she too had waited for this moment. After a while, Misty broke the silence.

" ASH, WHAT DID YOU DO THAT FOR, SICKO!! EWWWWW!! "

They both kiss, she does it first, and the she yells at Ash for kissing her ? o_O
please explain this to me...

meh, I don't pretty much care for the spelling mistakes...just as long as I can understand...

well, I've seen better...but I've also seen a whole lot worst...
Keep writing this, I'm sure it's going to be good !

Good chapter, well, I wouldnt care if Oak died, he never appealed to me a lot. But anyways it was well written, and the plot is starting to stand out more, which is good, and i bet that Oak is not going to be found dead. The kissing part was confusing, but still its fine. I hope to read Chapter 2!

Artemis Ignitan

*~*Northwind Gale*~*
I have to agree with the others that the story is coming out to a great start, and the kissing part was a bit confusing. Plus there was that tidbit about Gary, it said he was at Ash's house, then he stayed in Viridian...which one is it? Despite those minor setbacks, this story is turning out great, and I look forward to the next chappie! :)