• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Disbelief- revised edition -PG for depressing content-

Crazy Weavile

Um... your nose OK?
It's back! Do not read if you dislike fake Pokemon.

Prolouge:

"...Who am I?"
The Pokemon opened its eyes, but naught was seen. Yet, it could hear...

Footsteps on metal, and a deep, male voice.
"Sir, PorygonADV is concious! I'm getting massive data transfer readings! Should I restore the disk to its last recorded state?"

A gruff voice, seemingly far away.
"No, no, you fool! We've went to a lot of trouble to steal this program, we have to start mass-producing them before someone finds us!"

The Pokemon knew it was being held, and so it reached out to learn of its captors.

Some sort of feminine voice.
"It's downloading the entire database! The system can't take any more!"

The gruff voice- this time closer? Some sort of emotion- perhaps anguish?
"Shut it off! Shut it off!"

Then, the Pokemon found the nature of its captors, and so it decided it would leave.

The feminine voice, filled with anguish.
"We can't! It's taken control of the database!"

The gruff voice- strangely unconcerned.
"Hit the circuit breaker!"

The first voice, suprised.
"Wha... it's too late! It's coming out!"

The Pokemon closed its eyes, and leaped through the void of cyberspace. It opened its eyes, and shook its elongated pink head.

"You have hurt me," said the Pokemon, its large eyes staring into the face of a dark-haired Caucasian man, perhaps the one with the gruff voice. Looking around, the Pokemon saw that the chamber it had entered into was a sterile, windowless stainless-steel dome, filled with men and women in glasses and lab coats.

"What is this place?!" asked the Pokemon.

"It can talk?!" yelped the man's astonished assistant- the woman from before? This place felt intimidating, and the Pokemon knew that it had to escape. But how? The room was solid steel, and the exit hatch was sealed shut. It lowered itself to the ground, its blue front legs propping it up.

A terrible light filled the chamber, space and time seemed to twist together, and a pink-and-blue Pokemon hovered out of the now-decimated facility, its blue beak shining in the moonlight, and its pink hind legs glowing warmly, as if to repel the seemingly trivial laws of physics. Looking down at the rubble below, its pink tail stiffened, and it waved about its minuscule pink and blue wings before disappearing in a blinding flash of white light.

Crazy Weavile

Um... your nose OK?
Chapter 1:
A light filled the forest, and the Pokemon crashed to its floor. The Pokemon was unconcious, and its pink head and body had lost some of their normal shine. The tiny wings retracted into its body, vanishing and leaving small ripples on its smooth surface for a few seconds. The same seemed to happen to its its hind legs, and so on, until all that remained were the head and body. The strange Pokemon fell into a deep sleep...

"Hmm? Are you finally awake?" asked a red-haired boy in an orange lifevest, jeans, and a red-and-blue bandanna. His green eyes were focused on the Pokemon's motionless form. The Pokemon hovered off of the mossy ground where it was sitting, and extended its body parts from inside of itself. The boy passed his hand through his short, flat-topped hair.

"Who are you?" asked the Pokemon, its head raised in extreme alertness.

"I'm Robert," replied the boy confusedly. Then, he added: "Perhaps I should ask... what kind of Pokemon are you, and how do you talk?"

"I am of the species known as PorygonADV, and the methodology involved in my speaking is a matter of vibrating the primary-" replied the Pokemon until it was cut off.

"Never mind. Anyway, I've never seen a Pokemon like you before. Where did you come from?" questioned Robert.

"My program was designed at Seawind Laboratories Limited in the Derukia region, approximately 180,789 kilometers from the standard central point of Jubilife City,
Sinnoh. However, my prior location data appears to be blocked... I must not be fully debugged yet. My Active Debugger should fix that soon, however," replied
PorygonADV.

"You're an odd one," said Robert. "Anyway, how did you get here?", he asked.

"I do not know. My memory data must have been corrupted. I most likely arrived here by some form of teleportation, according to my calculations based on current
time and the time my coding was compiled," explained PorygonADV.

Robert sat down on a nearby rock. Meanwhile, PorygonADV scanned the forest, finding that there were only a few other Pokemon in the dense web of trees around
them.

"My database must be complete. Where am I?" asked PorygonADV.

"We're in Berry Forest on the third island of the Sevii Islands!" exclaimed Robert. Suddenly, a strange Pokemon shaped like a bell with two leaves on its sides,
eyes, and a stem popped out of the ground. He shook the dirt off of his light yellow body, and sat down by Robert.

"Weepin! Bellbell," yawned the strange Pokemon.

"Weepinbell! Glad you're awake!" exclaimed Robert.

"Bell!" replied Weepinbell.

"Anyway, do you want to come with me? I don't really see what you could do here," asked Robert.

"Leaving the area would assist me in expanding my database. Very well," replied PorygonADV.

"Alright then. Let's go!" said Robert delightedly.

PorygonADV was nowhere to be seen. But then, a voice seemed to come out of Robert's black digital watch.

"I am ready. Please depart soon," said the voice.

"Oh, THERE you are, PorygonADV. Alright, we're off," said Robert. He removed himself from the rock of his makeshift seat, and then began to take a twisted path through
the web of trees around them. Soon, he came to see a wooden pier ahead of them, with a small houseboat docked at it. Weepinbell followed along happily. However, at the mouth of the woods, a strange Pokemon like a giant purple butterfly with big eyes and plain white wings confronted them.

"ButterFREE!" yelled the Pokemon.

Porygon left Robert's watch, and explained the situation. "We have intruded on this Butterfree's territory," it said, "I shall defeat it." A massive ball of lightning appeared inside PorygonADV's beak, and PorygonADV released it. The ball surrounded Butterfree and collapsed onto it. Butterfree fell to the ground, knocked out.

"What kind of attack is that?" asked Robert.

"I do not know," replied PorygonADV.

"Do you know anything about yourself?" inquired Robert.

"No," answered PorygonADV.

"Maybe I can help you, then. But, why did you knock out that Butterfree? It would have let you pass if you had told it that you weren't an intruder and you were just passing through," asked Robert.

"It was not high in priority to ensure that the Butterfree was unharmed. It will live, and there has been no psychological trauma beyond what it experiences daily," answered PorygonADV.

"But you could have hurt its feelings!" exclaimed Robert.

"I do not understand. This concept of 'feelings' is illogical. Do other living things experience them? If so, I must learn to experience them, no matter how illogical they are.
I must be perfect," stated PorygonADV.

"I see..." Robert sighed. He walked forward again, and entered the small blue houseboat on the pier.

Crazy Weavile

Um... your nose OK?
Chapter 2:

PorygonADV followed Robert into the tiny living room of the houseboat. It was poorly lit, had carpeted walls, and smelled of fish. PorygonADV noticed a small loveseat at one end, and a television at the other, propped up on a few milk crates. PorygonADV carefully landed on the loveseat. Whenever its weight was on the same side as Roberts, the boat creaked slightly, like a rusty gate.

"What is this place?" asked PorygonADV.

"It's my houseboat!" exclaimed Robert. PorygonADV settled down to try to remember something about its past. It knew something terrible had happened to it, but what was it? A voice came into its mind.

"The first Porygon to be fused with this new technology! My brothers... this will be a weapon to be feared!"

What did it mean? Could it be that...

No, that's impossible. The thought was dismissed as quickly as it came. I couldn't be a weapon...

As if some sort of timer had sounded, PorygonADV snapped back to reality. It gracefully hovered to the ladder in the corner, and ascended through its exit hatch. Outside, the small boat was still anchored at the pier, and Robert was standing at the far end of the wooden deck, installing a new piece of railing. PorygonADV floated towards him, its body pelted by water droplets carried by the sea breeze.

"Robert," said PorygonADV.

"Yes?" asked Robert as he looked up from installing the rail.

"I have been performing an automatic search of my software components. It appears that I am designed to be capable of experiencing emotions after defining their parameters. I need to be operating at my full capacity before I can become perfect. Are you capable of assisting me in defining any emotions?" questioned PorygonADV.

"Um, I guess," said Robert, puzzled, "I'll start with basic ones, but I'm not good at this... Joy is... well, it's when you feel this kind of warm, fuzzy feeling. You know something good has happened. And sadness is when, well, something bad has happened, and you feel dark and stormy inside about it."

PorygonADV closed its eyes and started to glow. "I understand that it would be unkind of me if I asked for more emotions from you. With these two, perhaps I will learn their parameters on my own. Still, I must ask. What are right and wrong?"

"To do the right thing... well, it's something that makes other people happy, and doesn't hurt anyone. To do the wrong thing, well, that would be something that hurts other people and only helps a few," Robert said.

"I see," said PorygonADV, "I have registered these concepts. I seem to remember something about Birth Island in this area. We should go there, because I have some sort of feeling, possibly intuition, that it may help me to recover my memory.

"Alrighty. We'll set sail as soon as I finish installing this railing," said Robert. Porygon ADV floated off to the hatch, and dropped back down, into the living room. It heard a noise, and then saw Weepinbell coming out of the kitchen.

"Weepinbell bellbell!", Weepinbell exclaimed.

"...Friendship? I do not have experience in this concept. I must do research upon it, and so I accept your proposal," said PorygonADV enthusiastically. It then sat on the couch, turned on the television, and searched it for information not yet in its database. While flipping channels, it decided to think.

A strange feeling... is this happiness?

"Bell? Bell Weepinbell," said Weepinbell.

"My name? As you have not had prior oppourtunity to learn of it, mine is PorygonADV. However, if faced with another of my species, call me Pori to avoid confusion," said PorygonADV calmly.

"Weepin!" exclaimed Weepinbell before returning to the kitchen.

Failing to find anything of worth on the television, PorygonADV fell into the arms of sleep...

Last edited:

Crazy Weavile

Um... your nose OK?
Chapter 3:

"Porygon! I'm so happy to see you."

"Pory? Gon Porygon."

" Hmm? What do you mean it's snowing? This is an ashfall, Porygon."

PorygonADV woke up, startled. Who were those voices? Why did they so often haunt its dreams? PorygonADV decided to go up to the deck. Ascending through the dusty, dry ladder shaft, it noticed the sound of Wingull chasing their prey, and also of rain. When it arrived on the wooden deck, it noticed black clouds covering the sun, and a torrential downpour coating the ship in rainwater. A Wingull was perched on the rail in front, but it quickly flew off. Below, the seas were wracked with foamy waves.

"Hello," said a strange voice behind PorygonADV.

PorygonADV turned, but saw naught but the rusted railing. "Who are you?" it asked.

"I am a friend. As such, I was obligated to warn you, I suppose. Now... What awaits you on Birth Island is a powerful foe," said the voice.

"Wait! Why are you helping me?" asked PorygonADV.

"All in due time," replied the voice. "All in due time..."

The voice had faded, and the rain was getting harder. Lightning flashed over the horizon, and PorygonADV went back inside.

"Weepin! Bell bell Weepinbell, weepin weepin bell Weepinbell," said a familiar voice below PorygonADV. PorygonADV descended, and looked Weepinbell in the face.

"Hello," PorygonADV said, "what did you want to show me?"

Weepinbell led PorygonADV into the kitchen, passing the green tile walls, rusty pans, and miniature fridge. An old gas stovetop cover was on top of the fridge, but the two Pokemon hovered past it. There was an open wooden door at the far end of the room. The Pokemon glided through the doorway to look upon the metal walls of the room inside, and there seemed to be a bunk bed in the corner. Dirt was scattered all over the floor.

"It's empty," said PorygonADV.

"Bell bell, weepin bell Weepinbell bell bell Weepinbell," replied Weepinbell.

"A sleeping area? Thank you," said PorygonADV. Weepinbell dropped to the ground and rolled under the bed. Confused, PorygonADV dropped to look. There was a planter in the floor, and Weepinbell's leaves could be seen.

"Good night, then," greeted PorygonADV. Suddenly, some sort of image flashed into its mind for a brief second.

"What was that?" asked PorygonADV, despite knowing there was no one to answer. Returning to the air, it noticed that it was in some sort of navy blue void.

"Prepare yourself," said a strange, amplified voice.

"Who's there?" cried PorygonADV.

"I am the one who awaits you," said the voice. It sounded cruel... and powerful. Pain filled PorygonADV's entire body, and the fabric of this strange dimension seemed to rip apart.

"Do you know where you are?!" shouted the voice.

"My positioning systems aren't functioning..." said PorygonADV.

"...Mrmhrmhrmhrm... You haven't moved an inch. You've merely moved forward in time," said the voice, "The universe has come to an end."

"Why did you bring me here?" asked PorygonADV.

"To torture you! To make you my servant" said the voice.

The dimension seemed to collapse onto PorygonADV, and it screamed.

Last edited:

Crazy Weavile

Um... your nose OK?
Chapter 4:

"What? You still resist? I had hoped this would not be needed," said the voice, "but I shall do it all the same!"

The empty fabric of existence seemed to remove itself from PorygonADV, but then contracted into a pellet and slammed hard into PorygonADV.

"Ugh..." PorygonADV wheezed.

"If you surrender to me, I shall be merciful," sneered the voice.

"I have been designed to recover from powerful attacks quickly," spat PorygonADV. Its body began to glow, and it stopped wheezing.

"So you have. But your goal lies beyond me. I give you one last choice... serve me, or you shall die quite soon," hissed the voice.

"I cannot be killed by conventional means. I refuse," said PorygonADV, seeming to radiate calmness.

"If you insist," said the voice. Suddenly, the void disappeared, and PorygonADV found itself back in the cabin. Robert was on the top bunk, and Weepinbell was still planted under the bed. Through a small window, it could be seen that numerous sandbars bordered them, and palm trees covered the sandbars. On the horizon, there was a large island with a rock in the center.
Then, PorygonADV noticed a small area of discolored metal on the floor. Sending a thick, white laser at it, the panel fell in, and under it could be seen a large, empty metal chamber. Dropping in, PorygonADV saw that the chamber's roof seemed to be covered by the pipes and wiring of the boat. In addition, there seemed to be a square enclosure in the center, with a door on one side. PorygonADV rammed the door, and it opened. Inside was a red-carpeted room with an elevator in the corner and walls painted indigo. Lining those walls were bookcases, filled with every sort of tome imaginable. The back of the door PorygonADV had come through had another bookcase on it. In the center of the room stood Robert, in white flannel pajamas.

"Found the bunker, did you?" he said, "We'll have to fix that floor,"

"I am sorry," said PorygonADV.

"You've improved!" Robert laughed.

"What do you mean?" asked PorygonADV.

"It seems that your ability to experience emotions is increasing," said Robert.

"I see," said PorygonADV, "but why are you up this early?"

"It isn't early! You've just been up all night!" Robert chuckled.

"In that case, shouldn't we set sail again?" asked PorygonADV.

"I guess we should, after you fix the floor in the sleeping quarters," replied Robert. PorygonADV teleported off in a flash of light, and then teleported back a few minutes later.

"I have welded a spare metal plate to the floor," said PorygonADV.

"It'll work," said Robert. Leading PorygonADV into the plain metal elevator, they ascended to the room above. Inside, there was a nice wooden floor, with a rug on it. The back wall was metal with a map on it, and the rest was a massive plastic window. In the center, there was a steel terminal with all sorts of levers and wheels.

"We're about an hour away," said Robert, and the boat started to move. Through the window, PorygonADV could see a big rock with a twisted-looking metal structure on top- Birth Island.

"Bell!" called Weepinbell. PorygonADV entered the door in the back of the room, and arrived back in the sleeping quarters. Weepinbell was floating in the center.

"What is it?" PorygonADV asked.

"Bell Weepinbell, bel weepin bell bell... bell bell Weepinbell weepin weep!" exclaimed Weepinbell.

"You woke up to use the bathroom and I wasn't anywhere on the ship, so you want to know where I was?" asked PorygonADV.

"Bell," Weepinbell nodded.

"I was in an unidentifiable area, brought there by something on Birth Island," answered PorygonADV.

"Weepinbell," said Weepinbell before drifting off. PorygonADV landed on the bottom bunk of the bed, and fell asleep quickly. Before it could dream, it was awakened by the intercom.

"We've made land on Birth Island! Weepinbell, PorygonADV, meet me in the living room."

Crazy Weavile

Um... your nose OK?
CHAPTER-BASED DISLAIMER: THIS CHAPTER WOULD BE CONSIDERED PG-12 or PG-13 FOR VIOLENCE AND RIDICULOUSLY MILD AND SINGLE-INSTANCE LANGUAGE.

Chapter 5:

PorygonADV floated into the dark, damp living room. Robert was standing in front of the door. Next to him was Weepinbell, looking nervous.

"Alright, before we leave the boat, I need to tell you two something. Do not, under any circumstances, go back to retrieve someone if they've somehow been incapacitated. This place is a mangled wreck, but it's still probably crawling with guards. This is not a good combination. If need be, flee. This is highly dangerous," said Robert worriedly. He shifted his eyes left and right, and then opened the door. It creaked open, and the raindrops falling from the dark storm clouds above started to slam into the floor of the room. Robert, PorygonADV and Weepinbell all hurried onto the damp soil by the boat, before PorygonADV closed the door with telekinesis. Waves from the chaotic sea crashed into Robert's ankles, and he shuddered.

"Up there," said PorygonADV. Atop the gigantic rock in front of them was a massive heap of broken metal vaugely resembling a massive dome-shaped building. However, the rock was steep, and could not be climbed. There seemed to be a group of metallic Pokemon with three eyes and magnets at each end living inside the rock, however, and one walked up to the confused travellers.

"Zone Magnezone?" the Pokemon asked.

"It is a Magnezone, and it is asking if it could help us with Magnet Rise," PorygonADV translated.

"Certainly!" exclaimed Robert. The Magnezone swept under Robert's legs, and all of a sudden it lifted him to the top of the rock. PorygonADV and Weepinbell followed. The Magnezone bid them farewell by waving about its magnets, and dropped back down to the cave. Upon closer examination, PorygonADV, Robert and Weepinbell all saw that the landscape was horrific. The soil was muddy, filled with rotting vegetation and shards of metal. A few feet away stood the open doorway of the terrible metal structure before them. PorygonADV entered first, calmly floating into the rubble. Next came Robert, dashing out of the mud and into the burnt metal hallway. Finally, Weepinbell slowly hovered into the doorway with great caution, and the three continued down the path.

PorygonADV's eyes lit up around halfway through the hallway, illumiating the terrible sights of the hallway for all to see. The metal plating was scorched black and filled with former shrapnel that had since cooled off and fused with the walls, ceiling, and floor. Coating these ruined floors were the corpses of at least a hundred guards, loyally maintaining their post until death, strewn about like so much trash. Suddenly, a cracking noise came out from under Robert's feet. Leaping back in shock, he saw a minuscule gold locket and carefully lifted it off of the floor. Opening it with caution, it could be seen the photograph inside was still in relatively good condition, showing a small girl of about eight, with the words 'My Sweet Emily' engraved on top. Nearby, there was a man's bloodied corpse in the remains of a chainmail shirt and jeans. His eyes were closed, as if to escape the sight of his workmates' horrible deaths and, from the look of his skin, he appeared middle-aged. The photo of the girl in the locket seemed to have a man with a similar appearance to the corpse behind her. So he was her father, from the looks of things. That would mean Emily, whatever she was like, was fatherless... After closing the locket, he gently placed it around the nearby corpse's neck. Looking back on the body one last time, a girder above started to creak, and Robert dashed ahead to catch up with the others. When he finally caught up, the hall had ended, and the group was inside a large metal chamber, filled with computer terminals and unopened computer disks. The body of a Porygon was at one end, frozen in a desperate attempt at escape. Its eyes were wide, filled with fear and panic.

"What could have happened to cause all of this?" asked PorygonADV.

"I don't know.... I just don't know," answered Robert mournfully. Noticing an unblocked hallway, PorygonADV led Robert and Weepinbell into another metal shaft at the upper-left hand corner of the room. Oddly, it seemed empty. However, upon closer inspection, debris from a ventilation system could be seen, with a broken cover still partially attached at the far end. A bloodied corpse in a white lab coat and glasses was behind the cover, clinging desperately to it, as if there was something pulling him or her -it was to mangled to tell- to the other end of the room at the time of his or her death. Passing into the room ahead, PorygonADV stopped to seal up a wound on the body using a thin laser before leading the group ahead.

The vent shaft was high on the walls of the room, and while PorygonADV and Weepinbell could float down, Robert had to leap. Carefully aiming his jump with the aid of PorygonADV's lighting abilities, Robert landed softly on a big sack of flour. The room they had arrived in seemed to be filled with more sacks of flour, cartons of bottled water, and crates of dried meat. Oddly, it appeared clean, and all of the debris seemed to have been cleaned up. At the opposite end was an arched doorway.

"Bell..." Weepinbell shuddered. There was no turning back now, and from the looks of things there was still someone here. The group pressed forward, into the doorway. Inside, it was lit, and white stone coated the walls. The room was empty, but had a set of ornate wooden doors at the far end, covered in markings reminicent of ancient art. At the center of the doors, there was a large indent, perhaps where a lock was to be placed.

"There is no doorknob. However, it should open if we ram into it," said PorygonADV.

"All right... One, two three!" called Robert. PorygonADV and him charged headfirst into the doors, and they creaked open. Inside, there was a large marble staircase, leading deep down into the earth. The walls of stone surrounding it were covered in large torches. PorygonADV lead Robert and Weepinbell down the ominous staircase, towards their fates...

At the bottom floor, they arrived in a large, circular chamber of marble. There was a man with a black pump on his chest, a gas mask, and a tuxedo in the center of the room, passing his mechanical hands over his bald head. Upon seeing PorygonADV, he stopped, and the tips of his fingers sharpened to become like drills.

"Ohohohoho... So you're back?!" asked the man. The voice was gruff and mechanical, but it sounded familiar to PorygonADV.

"Back? What do you mean?" PorygonADV inquired.

"You don't remember? There's no point in telling you, then," the man cackled, "I suppose I shouldn't have opened the doors during the explosion, but my superiors wanted to see who had the common sense to run without taking too long. Apparently, not enough of our men. Their death was needed to ensure our power!"

"Piece of crap! What about their families?! You should be the one dead, not your guards!" screamed Robert.

"Don't be so rude," said the man calmly. He seemed to be emotionless and cold, but suddenly he snapped out of his persona.

"Brother..." The man sighed before seeming once again to be overcome by something dark and powerful. However, this time his drill fingers started to spin, and he drove them into his heart.

"He committed suicide... Why?" asked Robert. Suddenly, a black silhouette appeared behind the dead man, and as the silhouette faded, it revealed the form of a strange Pokemon. It had blood-red eyes, with a white, gownlike body and white head. Its arms were thin and weak, green noodles, essentially. Its head, however, was covered by green hair, with the exception of its face and everything below it. The Pokemon chuckled.

"Call me Gardevoir. He had outlived his usefulness, so I simply had him die," said the Pokemon, its mouth unmoving, "I have read your minds. Yes, this is telepathy, and yes, you are correct to assume that I am female."

"You're the one responsible for all this? You... you monster!" screamed Robert.

"So rude. Now, please, BURN TO DEATH!" Gardevoir chuckled, and then created a tongue of scarlet flames. It enveloped Robert, and seared him as he screamed, burning him as if he were a mere log.

This must be... anger? Sadness? Or perhaps both...

"Go... you're not... ready," Robert said in his dying breath, before the flames consumed his face. He let out one final scream of pain before going silent. Weepinbell hovered behind PorygonADV, and the two of them teleported out in a brilliant flash of light. Gardevoir laughed, and seemed to teleport out as well.

"I promise I will return... give you a proper burial..."