• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

[DISC] Obelisk the Tormentor

blitzerzero

Romanoff Kaiser NEX

Cubed

You best believe it
If this does a good amount of play, I believe we may see an increase in Mirror Forces and Torrentials.

I think using the god card or sacred beasts is like using legends in pokemon battles, it just takes the sport out of the game.

Except for the fact that the Sacred Beasts had no inbuilt protection and ridiculous summon requirements.

cybermew

A la lune!
I think using the god card or sacred beasts is like using legends in pokemon battles, it just takes the sport out of the game.

Lol.

Obelisk isn't that good. There is rarely a chance in the current format that you have 3 monsters that you want to tribute.

And the sacred beasts aren't even worth owning.

storymasterb

Knight of RPGs
Originally posted by Cybermew
And the sacred beasts aren't even worth owning.
Except if you're a collector. But I agree on their game side, those things are the biggest waste of time yet (except maybe the Sky Scourges.)

But on Obelisk, playable Gods would be good.

Bleh, I've used Obelisk in a Tag Force deck before, not worth using at all. Extremely slow and usually it ends up to be a dead draw.

Darkmaster Rannon

Thundercats Hoo!
Except if you're a collector. But I agree on their game side, those things are the biggest waste of time yet (except maybe the Sky Scourges.)

Exodia Necross says "hi" in the most useless unplayable card department.

playable Obelisk won't be that bad, I mean, not everyone is going to be able to run it at all, unless they run a swarm deck, have tons of monster rejuvenation or actually want to have a complete and legal yugi deck.

Freya

Noam Chompsky
playable Obelisk won't be that bad, I mean, not everyone is going to be able to run it at all, unless they run a swarm deck, have tons of monster rejuvenation

I dunno, sounds like a prime candidate to shoe horn into a Zombie Deck.

or actually want to have a complete and legal yugi deck.

I thought Kaiba has Obelisk.

Cubed

You best believe it
Obelisk isn't that good. There is rarely a chance in the current format that you have 3 monsters that you want to tribute.

Precisely. It's a game finisher. Special Summon it and win the game, that's probably what it's going to be used for. I don't believe there is another 4000 atk monster that can be so easily special summoned.

If this does a good amount of play, I believe we may see an increase in Mirror Forces and Torrentials.

Torrential is not going to effect it at all. It has a cold wave effect built in. If you can get it out which could be very easy to do, then it is almost impossible to get off the field. If it is normal summoned. If Obelisk becomes popular then people will most likely play smashing ground since it doesn't target. I seriously think that obelisk could go in a teledad deck really easily especially with dashers just to use its effect. Obelisk benefits from Macro decks because of DD warrior. Leave it to your imagination it you could fine ways to get this out. Now if Slifer ever comes out think about a super-powered king tiger wanghu that has the potential for lots of attack points.

Last edited:

~Sirnight~

Come along, dear
Raviel is at least easier than Obelisk, at least. Fires of Doomsday in the End Phase, Infernal Prodigy, Doom Shaman, and Puppet Master.

And remember that it doesn't mean that your opponent can't activate Mirror Force or anything. It just means that cards cannot be activate in response to the summon. No Solemns or Torrential, but Obelisk can still run straight into a Sakuretsu Armor.

Mikau

Better then you
Raviel is very easy to bring out. I used him in Dark Gaia when I was getting used to the deck. I brought him out quite a few times during that time. Infernal Prodigy and Fires of Doomsday like Sirnight said will do the trick. Unless Dark Armed has a word with Fires first.

Cubed

You best believe it
When I refer to 'easy to summon', I'm describing a card that you can drop on whim. With the sacred beasts in particular, you really need to set up the summon, which can be slow, and often your opponent has done before hand.