• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Disconnect and die!

Status
Not open for further replies.

magpie

Rocket Admin
Holy miltank!!! I just fought five trainers in a row and they ALL DISCONNECTED!!!

I was even losing two of them! I was using no ubers. Really, I lose all the time, I suck! I just want your friend pass, I don't care if I win or lose. If you're going to waste my time by fighting me and disconnecting...

Get off Wi-Fi!

>o<

Has this happened to anyone else?

Roihu

Holy miltank!!! I just fought five trainers in a row and they ALL DISCONNECTED!!!

I was even losing two of them! I was using no ubers. Really, I lose all the time, I suck! I just want your friend pass, I don't care if I win or lose. If you're going to waste my time by fighting me and disconnecting...

Get off Wi-Fi!

>o<

Has this happened to anyone else?

Deal with it it's too common.

recupper

i just got my wii connected an hour ago, is there a forum on wii? i won't disconnect even if i am losing. but all i have found is the battle connection. i won, and i got a friend code, too. but i thought i could do more than just battle on pbr.

Skater Trainer

Like a Boss
It's common like that happened to me a bunch of times useing my old crappy team it really sucks and people dc all the time. Get used to it.

Deoxys911

SSBB: 5069-4586-5573
I haven't gotten disconnected much on PBR, but on other Wi-Fi games it happens VERY often. Metroid Prime Hunters is the worst with this! 1/3 of the time you get disconnected because of people turning it off! I agree with magpie, if you're gonna turn it off, don't bother starting a match!

mewfanforlife

It happens a lot and it's annoying, but sometimes it's a complete accident. For example, I was battling someone and my dad flipped the router off so I got disconnected. It was a close battle to so I'd have liked to have finished it.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Nintendo Wi-Fi is dodgy. It may suddenly disconnects you...though it shouldn't happen often if you can establish a strong connection.

Most games offer penalties for disconnection. From what I've seen so far, both Tetris DS and Metroid Prime Hunters severely drop your rank for every disconnect that isn't server-related (they can tell), more than if you would get last place. I get whooped all the time on MPH; I rarely place anything higher than last, but my rankings are about 60% down because I've never disconnected. Same goes for Super Mario Strikers Charged, except it's even more so due to a complex leaderboard system.

Mario Kart DS and Pokémon Battle Revolution are the only two major games to have random opponents and no penalty for disconnection. It sucks...at least I've yet to find a disconnector.

magpie

Rocket Admin
lol, I didn't mean it as a total whine-fest, sorry ^_^

I just wanted people to really share their stories and see if it's really common. Honestly, I have a FANTASTIC connection and I'm pretty darn sure they disconnected on purpose.

I deal with it fine...it's just that it's a waste of time. You know?

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Some people do disconnect on purpose. Have you played online with Mario Kart DS? If a match starts with four people, at least two are always going to disconnect.

magpie

Rocket Admin
Some people do disconnect on purpose. Have you played online with Mario Kart DS? If a match starts with four people, at least two are always going to disconnect.

lol, tell me about it...

I mean...I'm not very good at any video game. I actually enjoy losing, if it's fair and part of the game ^_^

I just don't get why kids have to get so upset about losing by ruining the game...

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
I don't mind getting clobbered either. Happens all the time with MPH...and about half the time with MKDS. The reason people disconnect is that they fear they're going to lose, and without a penalty for disconnecting, they might as well have an incomplete game than a loss.

The fact is that a lot of people can't take a loss. Blame it on human pride.

mewfanforlife

I'm win about as much as I lose, but I've noticed people disconnect more when I'm winning. I agree though there's nothing wrong with losing to a well trained team.

ArcaneFlare

Shiny Team Builder
Sound like a connection thing. Happens to me every now and then too (unless they're just sore losers, then it's their fault ;))

Horn Drill

ヘタリア!
I don't understand why people disconnect on PBR: There's no visible way to see your wins/losses, so who cares if you lose? People are just babies.

Status
Not open for further replies.