• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Discuss Serebii's Mystery Dungeon Magnagate & The Infinite Labyrinth Discoveries

Ore-sama

The Great Me!
Oh well. I'm still gonna buy this game when it gets an English release.

Rakurai

Nope.

Probably because they'd be too large to fit in any of the dungeons without clipping into the walls and such.

Cherrim 8-)

Cherrim Trainer
Technically, couldn't there be more pokemon in the game that don't have gifts and will become available through DLC later?

Rakurai

Yes. Though I imagine the fan backlash from that would be pretty substantial.

Apparently, the game is on a 2 GB cartridge, they just decided to not make full use of that space for whatever reason.

EDIT: Wow. I'm seriously surprised at some of the stuff that happens in the game's story.

Namely,
them actually allowing you to REFUSE your partner's pleas for your character to come back to the Pokemon world after them going through an arduous journey just for the chance of having you return and then proceeding to get a total downer of an ending from it...

Cruel, but I know I'm trying it once when I get the game out of pure curiosity.

Last edited:

lindsy95

FC: 4428-2451-8791
Whoa. What happens after that? Back to a previous save? Or does it force them anyway?

(I hope I worded that vaguely enough...)

Rakurai

It just takes you back to town like you never did the associated dungeon. Can't unlock the final set of dungeons until you agree to come back.

Last edited:

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
I don't know what to say, except I love how emotional the plot continues to be in this game, and having that option to refuse just sounds like a huge emotional blow. I never let the lack of pokemon available stop me from wanting the game, but I'm more than convinced now that this will be a great game. Of course, I always think more of the story than pokemon available in a PMD game anyway, so I had few doubts to begin with. Not being able to assemble my dream team won't stop me from enjoying this game for sure.

charizarddude

Pokémon Master
This is off the main topic right now, but can even Reshiram and Zekrom be shiny when you battle them? And can Keldeo learn Secret Sword, or is it stuck in its Ordinary Form?

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
To all spoilers.

Wow, that's... Unique. Though I like it, I would definatley want to leave if my partner was a Tepig.

PS. What happened to the face scan thing?

*IZ*

Wow this game didn't sell much compared to the other games. I wonder why? Haha

But like 10,000 people probably bought it in the eshop anyway. :p

Nightstar1994

So awesome you can actually recruit a MELOETTA!

Thanks Serebii for the great news. I've ordered the game the day it released from Play-Asia (waiting for it to deliver), but this made my purchase even more valuable. This game's getting awesome.

Cherrim 8-)

Cherrim Trainer
Wow, that's... Unique. Though I like it, I would definatley want to leave if my partner was a Tepig.

I'm trying to avoid spoilers, but does it make the game harder if you choose Tepig? Because I want to be a Tepig in the game, but I don't want the game to be extra-difficult (like in EoT when I had Bulbasaur as a partner).

Rakurai

They seem to have balanced out the type distribution of the Pokemon in dungeons a lot for the most part, so you won't have any nightmarish experiences like in the previous PMDs for picking a certain starter due to a dungeon consisting almost entirely of Pokemon you're weak against.

I imagine Axew is probably the best starter of the bunch, considering its numerous resistances and the relative lack of dragon and ice types that can threaten it (The former mostly showing up as bosses where the weakness will be mutual, and the latter simply being extremely scarce overall.)

EDIT: For those curious about the length of the main story, it's
30 dungeons long, compared to Explorer's 23. That's not factoring in the miscellaneous missions you need to do between plot events.

Last edited:

lindsy95

FC: 4428-2451-8791
Fairly sure you can cancel evolution.

In the info thread he said
"1) If your Pokemon has levelled up beyond its evolution level but you choose to withhold its evolution"

Aura Flare Riolu

Cutest Riolu around!
Hmm I wonder how Eevee evolves into Leafeon and Glaceon? My guess it evolves in certain dungeons. Kinda like the Moss/Ice Rocks in the main series.

Last edited:

Rakurai

They just have an evolution stone, as in Explorers.

Espeon and Umbreon are the ones whose method of evolution changed, now requiring that you trigger a certain team attack with an Eevee in your party (Presumably the ones used by a Psychic or Dark type leader respectively).