• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Discuss Serebii's Mystery Dungeon Magnagate & The Infinite Labyrinth Discoveries

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin

Rakurai

EDIT: Nevermind. I'll just look at the info pages as they're completed to avoid story spoilers.

In any case, I'm curious as to whether or not the Pokemon in Magnagates are recruitable.

I'm guessing that as per usual, all of the Pokemon that I want won't be recruitable until the postgame.

Last edited:

Primal Crusader V

Watch some MANime
Good to know that you can finally get some moves leveled up now. I found that keeping seeds on a constant basis was excruciating in the previous PMD games.

The Magnagates seem okay, but I find it hard to keep the 3DS camera facing one spot, unless you can play freely as soon as you have the Magnagate thing activated. I'm assuming it's more like the polar opposite of Zero Isle, only you don't have your levels depleted to one.

diakyu

These "outdoor areas" seem promising. I'm liking how they are changing up the dungeons in this game.

LizardonX

Banned
How are the monster houses? Can you really recruit all 549 pokemon and most importantly do pokemon evolve normally and how soon can you change leaders?

My question is similar to PQ's. But, who was that Dewott, Servine, and Pignite in the trailer? Do you recruit them earlier than usual or your Pokemon can evolve earlier now?

Edit: Now I know. xD I got too excited.

Last edited:

Umbreon9

It's been a while...
Leveling up your moves sounds good.
And all the Pokemon on your team get experience? YES.
Looks like this game will be a change for the better.

Raro

Loving what's been revealed so far.

Are the starters in the real game the same as the demo? (Just the 5)
Love that you're able to go back and try the Magnagate dungeons after completing them. The whole idea sounds like it will add a lot of replay value to the game.

Umbreon9

It's been a while...
Loving what's been revealed so far.

Are the starters in the real game the same as the demo? (Just the 5)
Love that you're able to go back and try the Magnagate dungeons after completing them. The whole idea sounds like it will add a lot of replay value to the game.

Yeah, I think it is just the 5, considering the demo is pretty much just the beginning of the game.

Aura Flare Riolu

Cutest Riolu around!
Speaking of starters, we know that Pikachu gets Fake Out and Oshawott gets Assurance. Do you know what the other 3 get?

I love how Axew is a starter. It's a shame I won't be able to play as Riolu (Until I recruit one that is) but Axew is a great Pokemon too. It's definitely the best starter in this game. It gets Dragon Rage at Level 10 which is a great move early in the game. Then it gets some great moves later on like Slash, Dragon Claw, Dragon Dance and so on. And it has the Rivalry and Mold Breaker abilities.

I'm definitely having Axew as the starter. And a Female Oshawott is my partner. :)

Last edited:

Rakurai

Axew has Focus Energy, Snivy has Pursuit, and Tepig has Covet.

No clue why they decided on giving Tepig another normal type move with an additional effect of very limited use.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
I'm a little surprised that there is a page for the dungeons already...

But the theme seems to be rock eh?

In 2 it was Water, in 1 Grass, and now Land. Trio much?

Anyway, I'm glad they opted for caves at the start, as I was looking forward to having a Joltik anyway.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
I'm a little surprised that there is a page for the dungeons already...

But the theme seems to be rock eh?

In 2 it was Water, in 1 Grass, and now Land. Trio much?

Anyway, I'm glad they opted for caves at the start, as I was looking forward to having a Joltik anyway.

Well the demo is the first hour of the game and I needed to get the framework ready so I figured I may as well

*IZ*

Just wondering but how did you buy the game, Serebii? Through the eshop or got it shipped?

Edit: just checked the main site. Turns out eshop has it.

Last edited:

Rakurai

I'm curious as to whether the 138 Pokemon that are recruitable during the storyline is counting the evolved forms of Pokemon, or they're all unevolved ones.

EDIT: Interestingly, Bagon is available in one of the first dungeons. Guess they're not being so reserved about offering dragon type Pokemon to recruit this time around. Now I just hope Gible and Deino aren't postgame only...

Last edited:

EonDragonFTW

I'm curious as to whether the 138 Pokemon that are recruitable during the storyline is counting the evolved forms of Pokemon, or they're all unevolved ones.

EDIT: Interestingly, Bagon is available in one of the first dungeons. Guess they're not being so reserved about offering dragon type Pokemon to recruit this time around. Now I just hope Gible and Deino aren't postgame only...

Maybe they made the storyline easier compared to previous PMDs. The dungeons seem shorter, fewer pokes to deal with, less variety in dungeons and you have more dragons on your side.

Rakurai

Or it could just be that the story is a lot longer the previous games, and the difficulty curve isn't as steep as a result.

Charoshi

Charmander is best
I'm disappointed I won't be able to use the old team of Charmander and Chikorita, but I guess Oshawott and Tepig will have to do. Still looking forward to this game though.