• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Discuss Serebii's Mystery Dungeon Magnagate & The Infinite Labyrinth Discoveries

diakyu

Maybe they made the storyline easier compared to previous PMDs. The dungeons seem shorter, fewer pokes to deal with, less variety in dungeons and you have more dragons on your side.
I highly doubt a lot of this. First of the dungeons seem shorter because we've only seen the few beginning ones. And since we have only seen a few early dungeons, I don't think we can judge the variety yet.

Speaking of the story so far, I'm glad Kyurem isn't the bad guy. But I wonder who is? And what about the infinite labyrinth? Has that even been mentioned yet?

Rakurai

The obvious villain suspect is Hydreigon, though I'm hoping it isn't, just so I'll be surprised.

I'm guessing that Salamence, Purugly, and Toxicroak are the usual band of thugs that have shown up in every other PMD title and don't have any particular goal in mind other then to make things miserable for the heroes and others just because.

diakyu

Maybe Ho-oh and Lugia could be the villains? It's a stretch, but we know they show up eventually.

LizardonX

Banned
Maybe its Genesect

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
The obvious villain suspect is Hydreigon, though I'm hoping it isn't, just so I'll be surprised.I'm guessing that Salamence, Purugly, and Toxicroak are the usual band of thugs that have shown up in every other PMD title and don't have any particular goal in mind other then to make things miserable for the heroes and others just because.
Maybe. I'm still hoping for a genuine Rival Team instead of a villain team that just messes you up.I dislike the act you can only take one mission at a time, and that Pokémon leel up even if you're not in the team.To me it loses quite a bit of replay value because f that.

Aura Flare Riolu

Cutest Riolu around!
Axew has Focus Energy, Snivy has Pursuit, and Tepig has Covet.

No clue why they decided on giving Tepig another normal type move with an additional effect of very limited use.
Heh I was right about Snivy and Tepig! Was hoping for Reversal on Axew but oh well.

Let's hope to God they don't bring back Monster Houses.

One was shown in a trailer. :D

Last edited:

Rakurai

I was fearing that there'd still be tons of dungeons you can't bring teammates for.

I'm honestly kind of intrigued by the prospect of dungeons that force you to go it alone during the story, though.

EDIT: I had a really strong feeling that
Hydreigon was going to be the one to save the hero from Salamence and the others, judging from some of the early screenshots that implied it would be showing up at that point in that story. Now I just hope it stays good, that the whole deal with Munna was just some kind of silly misunderstanding, and that it's not going pull a Dusknoir, because we don't need two seemingly good Pokemon who look evil to end up being evil two games in a row.

Last edited:

diakyu

Story mcguffins-
I was not expecting Hydreigon to be a good guy. Unless he's a backstabber. So It seems I'm back to square one with guessing who the bad guy is.

I like how this game changes up who's with you in some dungeons. Adds variety I think.

Charoshi

Charmander is best
Reading Serebii's thread is making me want this game so bad. :(

Kinda surprised about Hydreigon maybe being a good guy. Kind of hope he stays that way.

Last edited:

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
I was fearing that there'd still be tons of dungeons you can't bring teammates for.

I'm honestly kind of intrigued by the prospect of dungeons that force you to go it alone during the story, though.

EDIT: I had a really strong feeling that
Hydreigon was going to be the one to save the hero from Salamence and the others, judging from some of the early screenshots that implied it would be showing up at that point in that story. Now I just hope it stays good, that the whole deal with Munna was just some kind of silly misunderstanding, and that it's not going pull a Dusknoir, because we don't need two seemingly good Pokemon who look evil to end up being evil two games in a row.

I hope they do this.

And if they pull the evil thing again, than at least not a SE again to show it would've been good in the end anyway.

Much rather a misunderstood friend than anything.

uhhhhh

Too sweet
*reads Joe's latest post*

Wait, what?! What's going on here?! That part REALLY needs to be translated now!

Ira1219

So do you get to evolve from level-up in this game?

*IZ*

This game seems pretty short. How long did it take Serebii to finish it and was it shorter than the other PMD games?

Umbreon9

It's been a while...
So evolving is post game again as usual? Hey that's fine by me. :)

Yeah, it'd be a little weird to just randomly evolve after reaching the right level, to be honest. It'd be too easy.
Anyway, I really like the changes they've brought with this game, like the lack of hunger. The whole 'belly' thing was really useless in my opinion.
The only thing I'm disappointed about is that there's only 5 starters.

diakyu

Like 18 hours of gameplay and that's before the postgame narrative
Huh, so thats shorter than the first PMD, longer than the second one for me. I'm glad they're keeping tradition with continuing the story in the post-game.