• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Discuss Serebii's Mystery Dungeon Magnagate & The Infinite Labyrinth Discoveries

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Maybe, but I doubt you'd be able to recruit it.

Which would mean that there is one creature I can't recruit, which means I can't 100% the game.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Maybe, but I doubt you'd be able to recruit it.

Which would mean that there is one creature I can't recruit, which means I can't 100% the game.

Considering it's not meant to be recruited, that indicates that you can 100% the game

Nightstar1994

Considering it's not meant to be recruited, that indicates that you can 100% the game

Hey Serebii, by any chance, let us know if there is something special happening after you complete the 99 Floor Dungeon. Hopefully a special Boss Battle :p.

And maybe if somebody would try to recruit all Possible Pokemon to see if something special won't happen then.

Ore-sama

The Great Me!
Okay so it's been a LONG time since I've been here so I figured I'd bring this up. Not sure if anyone here has asked this but what are the available starters and partners? I know that Pikachu, the Gen V starters and Axew are available starters but what about the rest?

Last edited:

Serebii

Staff member
Admin
Okay so it's been a LONG time since I've been here so I figured I'd bring this up. Not sure if anyone here has asked this but what are the available starters and partners? I know that Pikachu, the Gen V starters and Axew are available starters but what about the rest?

Fully evolved ones are available in the dungeons. Others in DLC dungeons

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
At least something is shiny in here.

Think it'd be an idea after WiiWare Mystery Dungeons.

Now how about putting those in 3D Pro...

Last edited:

Ore-sama

The Great Me!
Fully evolved ones are available in the dungeons. Others in DLC dungeons

I didn't mean by that. I was asking what are the available starters and partners for this game. As in in story mode or something. Not talking about the Magnagate dungeons.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
I didn't mean by that. I was asking what are the available starters and partners for this game. As in in story mode or something. Not talking about the Magnagate dungeons.

Try looking at the site or something.

It's Pikachu, Axew, Tepig, Snivy, and Oshawott.

That's not even obscure or anything.

Ore-sama

The Great Me!
Try looking at the site or something.

It's Pikachu, Axew, Tepig, Snivy, and Oshawott.

That's not even obscure or anything.

I know that. I'm asking if there are more available default starters other than the ones listed or not.

Rakurai

Those are the only five starters...

It's been said multiple times.

Andresalejo

Someone can confirm me if there is gonna be the others starters, like in a dlc or something? But i talking about charmander or other like this

Serebii

Staff member
Admin
Someone can confirm me if there is gonna be the others starters, like in a dlc or something? But i talking about charmander or other like this

There will NEVER be any new starters.

Pokémon which are starters in other games MAY be added to the game at a later point, but there is no evidence to support that

*IZ*

Yea they didn't even bother putting other starters in the game. xD They seemed lazier. I am disappointed in Chunsoft :(

Rakurai

I honestly think it was more data limitations then it was laziness as to why they didn't include more Pokemon, both in regards to starters and the total number available.

Having all 649 Pokemon, let alone having to animate all of them would likely have taken up a ton of a space, probably more then could fit on a one GB cartridge when coupled with all of the other parts of the game.

That said, I think they'd either need to start using two GB cartridges or go back to sprites if they ever wanted to include all of the Pokemon in a PMD game now.

*IZ*

I honestly think it was more data limitations then it was laziness as to why they didn't include more Pokemon, both in regards to starters and the total number available.

Having all 649 Pokemon, let alone having to animate all of them would likely have taken up a ton of a space, probably more then could fit on a one GB cartridge when coupled with all of the other parts of the game.

That said, I think they'd either need to start using two GB cartridges or go back to sprites if they ever wanted to include all of the Pokemon in a PMD game now.
But 144 is just way too little, considering that the other PMD games had every Pokemon. From all the Pokemon to 144.

Ivyon

<333333
Wow. That's pretty cool how the legendaries become shiny in new missions. I wonder, does that mean Zekrom and Reshiram become shiny after they've been defeated a few times too? Not that it'd matter...but it would be sort of cool to see/fight them in their shiny forms.

Primal Crusader V

Watch some MANime
But 144 is just way too little, considering that the other PMD games had every Pokemon. From all the Pokemon to 144.

Like Rakurai said, it was probably the data usage that caused this limitation. Most likely because of the new features being added on to the game and all the mechanics being re-established in a 3-D environment.

However, I also feel that 144 is far too small. Another lacking diversity in gameplay experience aside from the fact that you can only be 5 pokemon in this one. If they could just go up to at least 160, I'd be happy.

Rakurai

Personally, I'd rather they have stuck with the sprites if it meant allowing all 649 Pokemon it.

Though I imagine it was probably easier to use existing models then to draw new high resolution sprites for 649 Pokemon.

Serebii

Staff member
Admin
Personally, I'd rather they have stuck with the sprites if it meant allowing all 649 Pokemon it.

Though I imagine it was probably easier to use existing models then to draw new high resolution sprites for 649 Pokemon.

A lot of the emotion and action in this game couldn't really work with sprites anyway

Rakurai

That is one big plus of 3d models.

I'll probably end up getting the game regardless of the lack of Pokemon. I'm still kind of disappointed that I won't be able to create my dream team of Pokemon, though, due to all of them other then Hydreigon being absent.