• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Discussion About Move Tutors

Status
Not open for further replies.

future.newyorker

I think it would be nice if it were all TM's from past games that are no longer TM's. Try Attack is one of my favorite moves in the entire series, and it was only a TM in Gen 1.

Ascended Dialga

Based on the available tutor moves in previous entries, it's highly likely that US/UM will have moves such as the elemental punches and Heat Wave, which might as well be move tutor staples at this point. As for new moves not previously available through tutors, I think the moves that lost their TM status between Gens 6 and 7 would make the most sense, such as Dig and Power-Up Punch.

Barrysun

My hopes:
Tri attack (gives Serene Grace users a new toy for a chance for Freeze, burn, or paralyzed
Wish: a popular egg move, plus a couple of my Vaporeon needs it
Aeroblast: Lugia's signature move, I can see plenty of flying types using this.
Aura Sphere: want a powerful, never miss move? here it is
Moonblast/Play Rough: powerful fairy type moves
Metronome, copycat, Mirror move, Mimic, Me first, and Assist: incase anyone wants to take a chance of using a random move for luck
Dragon dance: gives the physical sweeper an easy speed and power boost.
Seismic toss/Night shade: a move to help deal with those high defensive Pokemon since these moves deals as much damage as your Pokemon's level.
Body slam: a personal favorite physical normal move with a chance of Paralyzing the opponent

Last edited:

Sessian

Aeroblast: Lugia's signature move, I can see plenty of flying types using this.

Doubt they'd do that. At most it would go to one or two other things, like how Entei got Sacred Fire.

They just need to make some more Special Flying type moves. Right now, you have to pick between Hurricane (only 70 accuracy) and Air Slash (only 75 BP, and not even 100 accuracy). And that's assuming you can learn either of them.

Barrysun

Doubt they'd do that. At most it would go to one or two other things, like how Entei got Sacred Fire.

They just need to make some more Special Flying type moves. Right now, you have to pick between Hurricane (only 70 accuracy) and Air Slash (only 75 BP, and not even 100 accuracy). And that's assuming you can learn either of them.

yea, that's some of the problems with those special flying type moves.
I could see the legendary birds finally getting a good flying type move in Aeroblast. (maybe a couple of other flying types could make use of it)

knightwolf09

I want Decidueye to have some actual kicking moves. I mean the dex says it has strong kicks, but not so much of Jump or Double Kick? Also, Knock Off for Incineroar, oh and Foul Play. Honestly I can't think of much more for other pokes, I just like rooting for the starters.

Fairy Queen

Lover of the Fairy type
As I posted on the original page, there are a lot of problems with the movepools of the Pokemon this gen, so I'm hoping the move tutors fix that.

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
Hoping for Throat Chop personally, also Stomping Tantrum or High Horsepower. Just cause. A Tough Claws Pokémon would love High Horsepower, I’m thinking Charizard or (long shot) Barbaracle.

A lot of creative responses in thread. Lunge, Baneful Bunker, Ice Hammer, we got some great but under utilized moves this Gen. Although Aeroblast is NOT going to be a MT move, it would go nicely on one of the Legendary Birds. Since Zapdos missed out on Hurricane, how about Lugia’s Blessing with Aeroblast? Would be the bird’s counterpart to the gerbels’ Ho-oh affinity.

Last edited:

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
I have a short question: Do we usually get news on Move Tutors during prerelease game news cycles?

future.newyorker

I have a short question: Do we usually get news on Move Tutors during prerelease game news cycles?

Not that I can remember. I know we normally get the basic news about move tutors, i.e. the pledges, the ultimate attacks, Draco meteor, relic song, sacred sword, dragon ascent, etc. things like that, but I don’t recall getting information on actual Move Tutors before the game is released.

R_N

We actually don't get any information on any move tutor unless the move itself is brand new.

We're just assuming they are based on precedent

Deus257

*Crosses fingers for Kommo-O Aura Sphere*
Seriously though, I'm glad the Move Tutor is coming back, Hopefully now I can teach my Salamence outrage.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
I highly doubt we'd get Aura Sphere. That has always been a scarcely spread move. I can see Kommo-o getting Superpower though.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Ha, I thought I'd never end up touching Mantine Surf more than a few times as Charizard would be far more convenient. But being able to earn points for move tutors from it, I'll be using it a lot more. It looks fun, hopefully it doesn't get as boring as quick as the Festival Coin grinding games.

Aetius

Surfing with Mantine will not only be fun from now on, but also extremely useful, considering that with the points we will earn in this mini-game, we will be able to teach our Pokèmon moves that otherwise would be just a pipe dream!
Hoping for Play Rough to be a Tutor Move!

shadowF

Is there a chance of Fire Fang becoming a move tutor? I am thinking of getting Pokemon Ultra Moon but I would like Dusk form Lycanroc to gain Fire Fang.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
The Move Tutors will most likely follow the same lineup as ORAS.
ORAS Move Tutors were exactly the same with B2W2, except for a few additions -- Focus Punch, Shock Wave, and Water Pulse.

While any move is possible, these moves that were previously TMs in Gen 6 but was removed have a chance of being added:

Hone Claws - Previously TM01
Dig - Previously TM28
Incinerate - Previously TM59
Retaliate - Previously TM67
Flash - Previously TM70
Struggle Bug - Previously TM76
Rock Smash - Previously TM94 (XY)
Secret Power - Previously TM94 (ORAS)
Power-Up Punch - Previously TM98

GF can also troll us with Cut and Strength.

Status
Not open for further replies.