1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion of Control Freaks Contest Royal - TT RPG (Rated PG-13)

Discussion in 'RPG Café' started by VampirateMace, Dec 23, 2015.

1. VampirateMace

VampirateMace Internet Overlord

*Approved by Psychic*
    “I'm ADD and psychic. I know things ahead of time but lose track of which is which.”
    - S. Kelley Harrell

Here's a place we can discuss everything relayed to Control Freaks Contest Royal - TT RPG, plan details, ask questions, ect. Please do not devolve it into a chat thread.

Discussion Rules
    “Madame Kovarian: The anger of a good man is not a problem. Good men have too many rules.
    The Doctor: Good men don't need rules. Today is not the day to find out why I have so many.”
    - Steven Moffat

1. Follow the standard forum and sub-forum rules.
    2. Don't SPAM, flame, or otherwise harass other players.
    3. Do not be the idiot that forces me to make more rules (love you guys).
    ___

Approved Players Sign-up Thread
    “You are either a player or a spectator! Players influence the game while spectators watch them to do it. Such is life!”
    - Israelmore Ayivor

HEROES:
    1) VampirateMace - “Amanuma” Amunemopet
    2) Monster Guy - “Violet Lantern” Max
    3) Sketchie - “Nightmare” Lucas
    4) TheCharredDragon - “Canis Ryder/Hunter Sigbin” Linda
    5) Schade - “Wonder Boy” Archie
    6) Titan500 - “Armoury (II)” Camilla
    7) Cobalt XIV *RESERVED*
    8)

VILLAINS:
    1) Control Freak (Major NPC - to be played by VampirateMace, unless otherwise stated)
    ___

Summary of the plot so far: RP Thread
    “Plot is no more than footprints left in the snow after your characters have run by on their way to incredible destinations.”
    - Ray Bradbury

Eight(ish) new heroes have moved into the newly constructed Teen Titan's Tower in Chromium City. Here they were challenged by Control Freak to his 'Contest Royal' in which they must face 4 challenges:

Challenge 1: Find and Defuse 4 bombs in 4 hours.
    Control Freak has hidden white semi-sphere shaped bombs in the Main Street Subway Station, under the Landmark Bridge, in the middle of the Shopping District, and onto of a Local News Station. They can be opened via a seam 2/3 of the way up, and contain a rat's nest of wires and electronics. They are decorated with a stylized image of Control Freak celebrating amidst fireworks.

Challenge 2: Tower Defense
    Fight the tower security, find armory's suit, and disable/fight/reclaim it.

Challenge 3: Hide and Seek
    Control Freak has stolen sentimental/important items from each Titan and hidden them around the city. The items are in pairs, and for each pair, the Titans face a difficult decision. After the bomb challenge. . . this one seems gratuitous.

Challenge 4: Equivalent Exchange
    Control Freak has set-up a vending machine in the town square, containing the Mayor and 2 of his Aids. You are tasked with attempting to figure out what to insert into the machine to release them, and dealing with anything else that comes out. Well, smashing it is also an option, but you risk injuring the Mayor and Aids, as well as releasing whatever else Control Freak put in the machine, all at once.

Final Battle: Get that Nerd!
    Fight Control Freak and his army of emergency vehicles, and one news van.
    ___

“In one case out of a hundred a point is excessively discussed because it is obscure; in the ninety-nine remaining it is obscure because it is excessively discussed.”
    - Edgar Allan Poe

Last edited: May 2, 2016
  2. Monster Guy

Monster Guy Fairy type Trainer

Are the bombs bolted down/stuck somehow?

3. VampirateMace

Not really, but they're probably too heavy for a single [normal] person to lift via non-magical means. But luckily you have a ring.

4. Schade

Schade No gain, just pain.

I have a scenario planned out. The bombs wouldn't break if the one on te bridge fell down so the others could reach it too?
    Archie has super strength, so moving the bomb should at least be possible.

Also, merry Christmas y'all!

5. Monster Guy

I'll probably have Max say something about this in the RP thread, but would Lucas' idea actually work? Max can literally make wire cutters. Wire Cutters of love yo!

Merry Christmas to you too.

6. VampirateMace

Schade: That sounds like the absolute worst thing to do. When I said you might move them, I certainly didn't mean to drop them.

Monster: Yes, Sketchie is on to something, they look like movie bombs for a reason. Amanuma's got a multi-tool, so I've got that covered as well.

7. Monster Guy

Max will continue to call Wonder Boy Wondy. :p I got it from a cartoon where Harley Quinn calls Wonder Woman that. Not that I'm comparing Max to Harley Quinn, but...

8. Schade

God, I just found that nickname to be so annoying. lol.
    so yeah, brute force didn't seem to help.. Oh well.

9. VampirateMace

Wondy just endangered Hunter's life; what if the bomb had gone off from the impact Schade? You don't know what type of explosive Control Freak was using (although after that, we can rule out volatile stuff like nitroglycerine).

10. Schade

Wondy doesn't go well in groups yet. Feel free to give him an lecture of it later.
    (This is the first and the last time I use that name)

11. Monster Guy

But no one actually saw it other than Hunter. How is he not good in groups? Surely he's worked with other amazon's before? :p

No it won't. I'm the one that called Valmiro Val, I can make Wondy a thing too. :p

12. Schade

Working with amazons are different. Most amazons have a negative attitude towards the "Men's world", as they call the world off from Themyscira. (though i didn't include that because irony). Wonder Girl form the DC comics also have a hard time working with the titans sometimes, because they are different from what she is used to. I thought I would use that same predicament for Archie.

Val is just simpler. If it was up to me, I'd give him a name change by now. lol

13. VampirateMace

Have fun with the consequences of your actions Wondy. And let this serve as a warning to everyone in the Contest, think things through, yeah?

14. Monster Guy

Oh so I don't need to wait for Sketchie, I can post again!

I fell asleep at 9:00 and woke up just now. :/ Now I can't get back to sleep. I'll probably end up posting tonight. It will involve Max getting lovey-dovey with Lucas. xD

Sorry Schade, I'm cheating on you. :p

15. Schade

Yessssssss. Someone else is the love interest for once! lol
    Also, I think that situation turned out pretty good.

16. Monster Guy

Don't worry, Max has plenty of love fo share with Wondy. :p lol.

Which situation?

Last edited: Dec 28, 2015
  17. Schade

Archie* won't appriciate that. lol

The whole dropping the bomb thing. I'll be more careful next time.

18. Monster Guy

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

They look so cute together!

This why I made the comment about being a strange group of Titans. Amanuma winds up being the fourth wheel. :p

19. Schade

Hey hey hey, Archie is not gonna be the Jacob Black of you guys' little Twilight-Romance! lol

20. Monster Guy

Well of course not. I haven't read the Twilight books so...