• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Discussion of Control Freaks Contest Royal - TT RPG (Rated PG-13)

Sketchie

literally some guy
Well, as long as you don't mind someone technically being underage, I'm down. (I mean, really, we kind of decimated the PG-13 limit on this one anyway, so... probably an R rating is necessary.)

I have a reply, I'll try to get it up today, we'll see how my english paper goes. (It's 21 pages long already, and I'm maybe 3/4 done.)

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
Just the image of Archie bathing in blood demands an R rating. :p

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Yeah, but I guess we probably shouldn't disrespect the ages that go with ratings. . . Maybe something in-between (doesn't Europe use a M-15 rating or something like that?) so we can up things a bit, but not overdo it?

Here we go, we can use the "PG-15 Acceptable for anyone over the age of 15" rating from the RPG rules section.

Last edited:

Sketchie

literally some guy
Really, I'm fine with an R rating, and though Schade wasn't too graphic, if we're not careful we'll decimate the PG-15 rating too. R is a bit harder to wreck. And really, I'm only a year under the recommended R limit, and when has ever that stopped me from doing anything? When the Law gets involved. That's when. Don't drink alcohol, kids.

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Well, I guess it's okay then. . .

In other news, special instructions:
- Everybody RP your reactions, and think about out what your char will have done/learned in the two months between this and the sequel. Yes, I gave into the two months, while I was writing it just started to make more sense.
- Nobody go finding the mayor. It's important to the sequel's plot that we leave that open. I'm sorry, but I'm not sorry.
- Nobody resurrect Control Freak. Given he has no known soul mate, my char's probably the only one that could, but he wouldn't.
- More if I think of it. . .

Titan500

Solar Panels
Wow, I missed a bit in a few days. Sorry about that, got caught up with schoolwork.

Wait, what's this about R ratings? I don't even turn 18 until October.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
I might have dropped the R-rating bomb in my post there... I tried keeping it as PG as I could but..

Just the image of Archie bathing in blood demands an R rating. :p

As if! lol. I won't go into detail in that! That'll be a part of the new history section.

Titan500

Solar Panels
Ah. That'll be fine then.

Expect an Armoury reaction post up within the day. It's 2am here.

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Okay, so here's some info of I'm going with so far:

Titans: Red War

The plot is somewhat open. Basically post Contest Royal, because Archie wasted Control Freak and left, traumatizing his teammates, and insuring that no one knew where the real mayor was, the crime rates have sky rocketed. Robin is sending reinforcements, so a huge clash between the Hero and Villain factions is probably imminent. I know we did a Hero/Villain war before under Bron's GMing, but given the timeline and set-up, this should have a very different flavor. More one-on-one and small teams, rather then faceless armies that take forever to get ready.

Players can be Hero or Villain this time, and there will be references to several mini-goals players can choose to go after. And if we don't get enough villain players, I can always send in some big threat, or Archie can always bring some Red Lantern 'friends' back with him.

Also, I need to know what's happening to the remote at this point. I believe Nightmare tossed it (I'll double check that). . . so I suppose in my next post I can have Ama pick it up for safe keeping. Unless someone else has plans?

Schade

Metallic Wonder
That sounds pretty good, Vampy. It'd be boring if I was the only villain here. lol

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Okay, that's fine if you want to do that. If the remotes in pieces we don't have to worry about it too much. . .

Yes, but same rules for quality apply, and you can't be your own nemesis, because that just never works out.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
I mean like.. The dynamic in the group was already so bad that the real crime would be to not force them into group therapy and exercises.

Titan500

Solar Panels
It's a guideline anyways. . . there's people that let 5 yr old see R rated movies.

Why are you still awake?

Horrid procrastination.

Also why that twenty four hour vow is inaccurate.

Sketchie

literally some guy
I mean like.. The dynamic in the group was already so bad that the real crime would be to not force them into group therapy and exercises.

Honestly. Someone get these people some team-building exercises. Trust falls, ice-breakers, all that office building jazz.

(Man, I'm torn with the villain I want to use for RW? I'm either going to use Puppeteer (inanimate object manipulation) or Drama Queen (i... don't even know how to describe her tbh...) but... which one........)