• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Discussion of Serebii & Coronis' Mystery Dungeon 2 Discovery Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonouchi

Chibi-cario
("Team WAD" would sound extremely funny, if completely devoid of the meaning of the original name. XD)

D***wad, maybe?

*shot*

So that explains the three on the Time Cover, but what about the group on Darkness (Houndoom and Steelix. Gabite's already a boss but anything on the other two?)

Herr Rotom

Disgruntled Rotom
I believe I've encountered an odd, though in a way, helpful glitch. (For Zapdos fans at least)

I was looking through my team rooster to see what I could bring along with me. I had my usual team of Turtwig, Mudkip, and Rotom, and as I was flipping through pages, I noticed that Zapdos's name wasn't in red, like all other size 4's are. I checked it's size and sure enough, it was only 1. Not having Articuno or Moltres, I wasn't sure if they were 1's now or not. But, as I looked further, I noticed that Castform was redded out. For some reason, Castform was a size 4. This was obviously wrong.

Now, whether or not this can be manipulated, I'm unsure. But I cannot seem to undo or change it back to normal.

Dynamic Mimiroll

I believe I've encountered an odd, though in a way, helpful glitch. (For Zapdos fans at least)

I was looking through my team rooster to see what I could bring along with me. I had my usual team of Turtwig, Mudkip, and Rotom, and as I was flipping through pages, I noticed that Zapdos's name wasn't in red, like all other size 4's are. I checked it's size and sure enough, it was only 1. Not having Articuno or Moltres, I wasn't sure if they were 1's now or not. But, as I looked further, I noticed that Castform was redded out. For some reason, Castform was a size 4. This was obviously wrong.

Now, whether or not this can be manipulated, I'm unsure. But I cannot seem to undo or change it back to normal.

For some bizarre reason, Castform really is a Size 4 Pokémon. I, too, noticed it just a few days ago. I have no idea what the logic behind that is (unless they thought that, for some odd reason, Castform would be overpowered if it could be instantly energized by Groudon or Kyogre's weather abilities and made it Size 4 so you couldn't bring those Pokémon at the same time). When I'm far enough to get the legendary birds, I'll check to see if all of them are indeed Size 1 or if they really did switch the size values of Castform and Zapdos. (Of course, by the time I've gotten that far, you'll probably have already recruited them. XD)

Regarding the teams on the cover art, I honestly find it very strange that Team MAD appears on the cover of Time Version at all. So far, I've yet to see any plot relevance at all to them: they just seem to be an ordinary exploration team just like the other ones in Treasure Town. Actually, I've never even seen the Houndoom and Steelix on the cover of Darkness, although I assume the Gabite is the one from Labyrinth Cave. I really don't get it. Why didn't Team Poison Rose appear on the cover instead? They're pretty major antagonists, after all. :/

Incidentally, has anyone found a dungeon where the background songs of Black Forest and Wooded Plateau play? I've found other locations for the songs of the other four Future World dungeons (since you can't exactly return to them), but I've yet to find anywhere where those two songs play. Are they found deep within Zero Island, or have I just not yet reached the proper dungeons yet? (It's really bothering me, because I've completely forgotten the theme for Wooded Plateau, but, if I recall correctly, it was really good.)

Last edited:

Jonouchi

Chibi-cario
But, as I looked further, I noticed that Castform was redded out. For some reason, Castform was a size 4. This was obviously wrong.

Someone on BMG said that it's a size 4 because of the amount of forms it can change into, the same way Cherrim is a size 2. Though size doesn't really matter much in this game. >_>

Dynamic Mimiroll

I don't know if anyone cares, but I'm compiling a list of dungeon background songs and where they can be heard. Note that I am not yet done filling in the list; a little bit later, I will edit in the remaining information. (I just wanted to submit this much now so a computer problem couldn't wipe out all of my hard work. XD) The song names are unofficial; I use them to describe the general feel of the song so you can (hopefully) recognize it at a glance.

To use this list, first find the dungeon that only plays the song you want to hear. Then, knowing the unofficial name of the song, you can scan through the list for other dungeons that play that song. If songs are separated by commas, it means that one of those songs will be randomly selected to play whenever you go to a new floor. Parentheses around an entry means that the dungeon cannot be revisited, while an ellipsis before the dungeon name indicates the dungeon as the second part of the dungeon before it.

Calmtide Cave: Budding Journey
Brine Quarry: Seaside Picnic
Mt. Needlespire: Mounting Pressure
Waterfall Grotto: Beneath the Surface
Apple Grove: Woodland Waltz
(Petit Path: A Taste of Tomorrow)
Seaside Tunnels: Joys of the World
(Rocky Path: A Taste of Tomorrow)
Mt. Hornpeak: Across the Mountain Pass
(Tree-lined Path: A Taste of Tomorrow)
Fogbound Forest: When Time Stood Still
Steamsprings Cave: One Degree Beyond the Boiling Point Part 1
...Steamsprings Cave Depths: One Degree Beyond the Boiling Point Part 2
Lightning Plateau: Electric Technopop Part 1
...Lightning Plateau: Electric Technopop Part 2
Northern Desert: Metaphor of Life
Quicksand Subterrane: Perils of Promise Part 1
...Quicksand Subterrane Depths: Perils of Promise Part 2
Crystal Cave: Echo Reverie Part 1
Grand Crystal Tunnel: Echo Reverie Part 2
(Spatial Crevasse: Paramount Struggle)
(Murkwind Flats: Nightmare Made Manifest)
(Sepulcher Gaol: Crying Through Futility Part 1)
(...Sepulcher Gaol Depths: Crying Through Futility Part 2)
(Black Forest: Plight Beneath the Trees)
(Wooded Plateau: The Earth's Desperate Plea)
Sensebrink Forest: Lost Secrets Part 2
Coastal Cave: The Life of Discovery Part 1
...Coastal Cave Depths: The Life of Discovery Part 2
Mirage Country: Transience Part 1
...Mirage Country Depths: Transience Part 2
Interdimensional Tower: The Fated Hour Part 1
...Interdimensional Tower Heights: The Fated Hour Part 2
Mystic Woods: Sanctified Soul
Blizzard Island: Snows of Nostalgia
Flashfreeze Crevice: When Time Stood Still, Perils of Promise Part 2, Purest Insight, Sweet Dreams
Cradle Sea: Ripple in the Sea Part 1
Miracle Sea: Lost Secrets Part 1
Sentinel Cave: Solving the Ancient Riddle Part 1
Introspection Peak: Purest Insight
(Nightmare Core: Sweet Dreams)
Sky Fissure: Paramount Struggle
...Sky Fissure Depths: Crying Through Futility Part 1
Void Crater: Facing Fear Part 1
...Void Crater Depths: Facing Fear Part 2
Hidden Ruins: Solving the Ancient Riddle Part 2
Sea Resort: Budding Journey, Joys of the World, The Life of Discovery Part 1, Ripple in the Sea Part 2

Last edited:
Hello. Well, I just want to say that the game looks really interesting and I hope I would get one or both versions.

However, in my small weird opinion, it seems counter-intuitive to not have Eevee as a starter, especially after adding new evoultions for Diamond and Pearl.

It also seems strange to me that Lucario does not have a big part in the story, since Lucario was make such a big deal in the past. Again, that's just my small weird opinion.

Thank you for your time.

Erureido

Fighting Ralts
By the way, has anybody actually found out how to evolve Riolu?

Erureido

Fighting Ralts
Ok. Thank you. Also, where's the Sun Ribbon located?

Christopher

Yes, where is the Sun Ribbon. Does anybody know? I've looked everywhere and I cna't find it. But by the time MD2 come out in English, there'll probably be hundreds of guides

All evolution related items are obtained randomly via Treasure Chests, shops in the dungeons or optional missions.
It largely depends on luck.> <

Christopher

Saddly, I don't know much about it. But when It comes out, I'll help anyone

Herr Rotom

Disgruntled Rotom
Good news everyone!

Celebi and Mewtwo can be gotten inthe opposite versions! (Mewtwo in Time and Celebi in Darkness)
Assuming you've got the Japanese game, you can get them by going to the main screen, and choosing the fourth option, then the second, then the Wi-Fi option. Wait about a minute or so, and a list of missions will show up (including the event dungeons) Two of these (I forget which ones) Will send you to the Mystic Forest (Celebi) or Dark Crater (Mewtwo) to rescue them. Both missions can be gotten in both games.

So this shall end the debate over which version everyone will be getting. I knew Nintendo'd have a way to get them both.

Erureido

Fighting Ralts
OMG!!! Thank you so much for that info.

Yay. Now I can get Myuutsu!!!

txdaan

Who reads this is...
something ive thought of:

the bank duskull will evolve in dusknoir in the future
Lt. Magnezone is the evo of the magnemite of MD1

i think there will be much more evolutions like this

also, does someone know if you have to enter a dungeon with your starter team? and if you can enter dungeons with a team of 4 members?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.