• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Discussion of Serebii & Coronis' Platinum Discovery Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomato-kun

I'm clueless ♥
Platinum sounds like epic win...Ralts..In shinnoh-dex?...That sounds so cool too XD But I'd rather send my Ralts,Kirlia and Gardevoir to Platinum next year.
Platinum is...Awesome =3 But I'm sad for some reason,I have no idea why,but it has something to do with Platinum(and it's not that the game is out)

Doom-Burn

Don't worry we haven't gone to the best bits yet!

Gym leaders
Team galactic
Spear piller
Torn world
Elite four
Battle frontier

Huh?

I agree with these games being cash-ins and most people realize that long ago...

...but how the hell are they getting worse? If anything the 3rd versions have been getting better.

Although the third versions have been adding bigger features than their predecessors, the overall package is hardly worth the price. Yellow was tolerable because the additions of happiness sort of impact on future titles and the graphics improved significantly.

While some of your points stand still (happiness, female trainer, and battle frontier), the 3rd versions have always been that. You just have gotten older, and now you can see it clearer.

Don't make such assumptions. At the least, Emerald had a good plot twist and the Frontier. What has changed in Platinum? A plot change that now features Giratina - something which won't even affect the gameplay.

But...uh, Meganium, what exactly did Yellow add that was any more amazing?

Surely it wasn't just basic plot, Pokedex, and aesthetic changes?

Hold on there. Never said Yellow was amazing. But happiness was something that majorly affected future titles and the graphics were greatly improved.

Kyogre35

First avy..no touchy
What does Segmented mean?
Joes team is surprising to me..

Means it's split up into different parts.

Oh and Platinum looks Above Average...though I'm waiting for the WiFi and Battle Fronteir stuff which looks great.

Xenaero

The Sun Will Rise~
I'm surprised, but more disappointed at the Gym leaders' rosters. I was hoping for a complete revamp in favor of being more challenging. :/

Are you kidding? Gym rosters look just as easy as Diamond and Pearl. The plot, from what we've seen, is almost just a repeat from the previous games. Only the Sinnoh Pokedex Pokemon have new sprites - and the animation is just as awful. And finally, for a full-priced game, the only new additions that will actually contribute to the overall gameplay are the new forms - most of which don't even have any difference type-wise.

Platinum, as expected, is just a quick cash-in.

Well, of course. This has happened with every third game (I call them the 'improvement version') in a generation following the two debut versions. The thing is here is that there appear to be much greater differences enticing players to purchase these newer versions! Emerald comes to mind, as well. From what we've seen of Platinum so far, it's not just a quick cash-in. I say this because it's my opinion. If you think that, well, that's just fine, no one's forcing you to buy or play it. They design it, we buy it. Simple as that. It's pretty obvious that most players like these improvement versions. Otherwise, they wouldn't buy them!

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
You also have to consider if you haven't got Diamond or Pearl yet, Platinum is great for people who want to get back in the series as you get the best version of Gen 4.

Golden Arceus

The First
I've been playing this for 6 hours now.. my only complaint about it is that a few sprites were not changed much.. but in truth the ones that bother me the most havent been changed since third gen.. I'm talking about Beautifly and Dustox.. they have the same standing sprite as ruby/saphire.. and I'm about 90% certain they didn't change their other frames either..
dcam0008tb2.jpg
dcam0016rp7.jpg

many others look very similar aswell.. but I know their animation has changed..

Ive been documenting my findings with pictures for hours.. if you want to see the pics I've taken (around 50 pokes sprites are shown) go to the link to the blog in my signature.. I've had a long day and I'm done for now..

I'll continue to post pics until the sprites are ripped..

Thanks again Joe for posting all your findings..

Xenaero

The Sun Will Rise~
Ive been documenting my findings with pictures for hours.. if you want to see the pics I've taken (around 50 pokes sprites are shown) go to the link to the blog in my signature.. I've had a long day and I'm done for now..

I'll continue to post pics until the sprites are ripped..

Thanks again Joe for posting all your findings..

That's awesome. Very informative! Thanks for sharing your findings with the rest of us. I like some of the differences shown.

Kyogre35

First avy..no touchy
^^ Wow they are the same....still waiting for the egg thing..though it's probably not significant.

evandeck

Joe said his egg just hatched into a Togepi

Kyogre35

First avy..no touchy
Wow Togepi...hmm...personally that's cool Togepi's are awsome..

Dragonking

I'm interested in the Routes for Tropius, Tangela, Houndour and Yanma. I really hope Yanma is not in the SZ.

Kyogre35

First avy..no touchy
Dragonking said:
I'm interested in the Routes for Tropius, Tangela, Houndour and Yanma. I really hope Yanma is not in the SZ.

Yeah that sucked....Absol is probably after the Elite Four...Tropius no..Tangela no...and I HOPE FOR THE LOVE OF THE GUY UPSTAIRS that houndour is before the Elite four. Because that is my favorite new thing so far, them adding Houndour.

Draknir

Fear the Deer
Oh so you get a Togepi egg from Cynthia. Thats...odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.