• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Discussion of Serebii & Coronis' Platinum Discovery Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwla

Flying/ghost just isn't right >.<

Drifloon and Drifblim are already Ghost/Flying. Rotom wouldn't be that different (besides being a fan, and all). I am hoping for the Ghost-type to stay.

ShinyLucario

Team Gracidea <3
This is a time where having 3 types would be useful. @_@ haha

Master_of_grass

War Never Changes
I hope with the additions to the Sinnoh Dex that the gyms get new Pokemon lineups.

Nosepass + Roark- rhydon and cranidos on the same team is a bit overkil Tangela + Gardenia
______ + Wake-if he has Vaporeon whats the point of floatzel
Duskull + Fantina-like shes not hard enough we dont need her to have a wall like dusclops
Scizor + Byron (though it seems Registeel is confirmed somehow?)ok wtf
Froslass/Glalie or Piloswine/Mamoswine + Candice-one or the other not both very unrealistic
Magnezone + the 8th gym leader-Electivire will be for volkner at the E4

hmm...couldn't think of anything different for Maylene since the only "new" Fighting type in the Sinnoh Dex is Gallade. I just feel it would make her team a little overpowered along with Lucario and Machoke.
-ill agree with that but maybe Monferno could be an optionnot all gym extra have to be out of the extra 59
corrections in bold[

freekhenstra

Water Pokémon lover
Drifloon and Drifblim are already Ghost/Flying. Rotom wouldn't be that different (besides being a fan, and all). I am hoping for the Ghost-type to stay.

Ghost/Flying and Flying/Ghost are DIFFERENT combinations, Rotom would be the first Pokémon to have Flying as it's FIRST type, even though he doesn't really fly.

Mitja

Veteran smartass

I'm not talking about the combination. Even if there was a chocolate pokemon thats fire/water, I'm fine with that.

But never should there be a Pokemon with flying as primary type (excluding special situations like conversion and arceus).

Drifblim is Ghost/flying yea. I even wanted to create a ghost/flying Pokemon myself but after drifblim appeared I decided too use other unused combinations for ghost fakemon.

Jiralhanae

E4:

Aaron: Yanmega instead of Beautifly, Scizor instead of Drapion.
Bertha: Rhyperior instead of Golem, Gliscor instead of Sudowoodo.
Flint: Houndoom, Magmortar and Flareon instead of Steelix, Lopbunny and Drifblim.
Lucian: Gardevoir instead of Alakazam, Gallade instead of Medicham.
Cynthia: A Porygon-Z would be awesome.

EDIT: w00t, Serebii got his Platinum. I hope he will create a video log from his playthrough.

Last edited:

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
I would love to re-battle the Gym Leaders! I am also sooo excited about being able to get EEVEE! I love Eevee and I think it makes the Sinnoh Dex far more exciting.

I'm wondering what the other 3 Battle Facilities are at the Battle Frontier, but I'm sure we'll find out soon!

jwla

I'm not talking about the combination. Even if there was a chocolate pokemon thats fire/water, I'm fine with that.

But never should there be a Pokemon with flying as primary type (excluding special situations like conversion and arceus).

Drifblim is Ghost/flying yea. I even wanted to create a ghost/flying Pokemon myself but after drifblim appeared I decided too use other unused combinations for ghost fakemon.

Sorry, I basically just got up, and wasn't thinking. It would be an unprecedented event to have a Pokémon that is a primarily Flying-type. I hope that this is the case, and think it will be. I think that the original Rotom form (which reminds me of an old radio/picture tube) is Electric/Ghost because you find it in a TV that was on. But, who knows? Only time, and Serebii/Coronis will tell!

Valex-IV

The new Sinnoh Dex is messed up:
Starter
Normal Pokemon
Legendary
Event
Normal Pokemon
Legendary

Was it so hard to just move 6 Pokemon (Trio, Dialga/Palkia and Manaphy) to the end?

Yes it's kinda weird :S

Serebii showed me a pic of Byron with Registeel on Bulbachat.

We don't know if it's true, but you all can take a look...

http://katteair.hp.infoseek.co.jp/cgi-bin/src/up0026.jpg
(copy and paste in url-bar)

Fake for me :/

ShinyLucario

Team Gracidea <3
How often will you take pics?

ShinyLucario

Team Gracidea <3
Alright. I look forward to them. I still need to import it but my card is maxed out. <<; bwaaaaaaaah

Aquadon

TCG Trainer
I can't wait to see all the new Platinum Spirtes (although they're only for Sinnoh-Dex and Legends).

When do you think those will come up? I've seen Machamp, Snorlax, and Gyarados around at sites.

Pokemonforever

heres the image guys, but it doesn't seem legit, given how the bottom half of the screen is blank.

up0026.jpg

The stats bar should be black in platinum right?

Status
Not open for further replies.