• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Discussion of Serebii.net Black 2 & White 2 Discovery Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aura Flare Riolu

Cutest Riolu around!
Mantine.png

Oh Hi there Mantine! Yeah Marine Tube is definitely time based. (Saw this in the morning around 11:30AM)

Last edited:

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
The kana for reverse and rebirth are the same, so perhaps someone who played the game in Kanji mode saw that it was actually reverse?

But there's no possible kanji for the word リバース.

It'd make sense for the Marine Tube to be time-based. I mean, some Pokémon are nocturnal and some are diurnal. :)

Aura Flare Riolu

Cutest Riolu around!
I wonder when Wailord appears. Maybe in the Afternoon? I'll check it out later. It's almost noon here so yeah.

For those Solo Runs of the Pokemon League, I reckon a Poison Heal Gliscor would be pretty good and unlike in Wireless Battles, you can be cheap by using the Toxic Orb in one battle just to get the Poison Heal going and then switching to the Life Orb afterwards. (Heck you can activate it in a random wild battle too.) Poison Heal recovers all the Life Orb recoil plus some extra. XD

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
I wonder when Wailord appears. Maybe in the Afternoon? I'll check it out later. It's almost noon here so yeah.

For those Solo Runs of the Pokemon League, I reckon a Poison Heal Gliscor would be pretty good and unlike in Wireless Battles, you can be cheap by using the Toxic Orb in one battle just to get the Poison Heal going and then switching to the Life Orb afterwards. (Heck you can activate it in a random wild battle too.) Poison Heal recovers all the Life Orb recoil plus some extra. XD

I plan to do that with just my level 100 Weezing, just for the hell of it.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin

Bardische

Elegance.
So Wailord shows up at 3-4 PM, too. Mine showed up at 11 PM. Odd. Is there really a mechanic for what Pokemon show up at certain times in the Marine Tube or are there random occurrences for everybody? :p

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
So Wailord shows up at 3-4 PM, too. Mine showed up at 11 PM. Odd. Is there really a mechanic for what Pokemon show up at certain times in the Marine Tube or are there random occurrences for everybody? :p

I believe it's time based but random chances. We're investigating

Haunter ゴースト

Serebii i'm curious to see your views on this.

How do you feel about not being able to battle Hilbert/Hilda? Personally i'm incredibly annoyed since I really did see this as a brilliant opportunity to repeat Red's return in GSC. I think the thing that annoys me more though is the fact that the Memory Link practically shouted "I can make this happen but won't!". It could have done this so easily, I mean for crying out loud it can cause characters to reference you're trainers name, allow you to fight Cheren and Biancas old teams etc., adding you're trainer from BW with the Team you used would have been incredible and a brilliant feature to the game.

I'm extremely disappointed by this, and unfortunately i know i'm overeacting considering how good the game actually is, but it actually managed to change my opinion on the games a smidge purely because the feature could have been added with no hassle.

gliscor&yanmega

So the Type Tournament does limit you to the type as well, I'm good with that. Kind of wish they added more people to each type though, you'll fight the same three people in a few each time, wish they all had the same amount of people too. The teams for the Gym Leaders look the same as their other team for the World Leaders, I guess it's not too bad as you'll be using the same type as them making the battles go differently.

Can't wait to do these Tournaments.

Underachiever007

How do you feel about not being able to battle Hilbert/Hilda? Personally i'm incredibly annoyed since I really did see this as a brilliant opportunity to repeat Red's return in GSC. I think the thing that annoys me more though is the fact that the Memory Link practically shouted "I can make this happen but won't!". It could have done this so easily, I mean for crying out loud it can cause characters to reference you're trainers name, allow you to fight Cheren and Biancas old teams etc., adding you're trainer from BW with the Team you used would have been incredible and a brilliant feature to the game.

I'm extremely disappointed by this, and unfortunately i know i'm overeacting considering how good the game actually is, but it actually managed to change my opinion on the games a smidge purely because the feature could have been added with no hassle.

Huh. Sorry, I can't really say I ever wanted that feature in the game. Fighting Red in Gold/Silver was a fun novelty, but not necessarily something I'd want to see repeated. I mean, I wouldn't oppose it, but I wouldn't be particularly excited about it either.

Aurath8

Considering you can fight Alder and his grandson, N, Cheren, Bianca, the Gamefreak dudes, Corless, the Shadow Triad, the Triplets, three of the sages and the entire World Tournament, I'm not bothered that we can't fight Hilda/Hilbert. In fact, all this including the Battle Subway, the Medals, a ton of legendaries to find and, of course, catching 'em all makes me think that there is too much to do postgame.

Dr. Leggs

Astral Cowboy
I'd agree with the above posters. It's no great loss, I feel, and it wouldn't be terribly exciting fighting your own team. They certainly could have managed it, but they didn't really "drop the ball" by choosing not to.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
I personally would have liked to face my own older character. Especially if there was the option of implementing him/her as the champion. I would have had no objections to a Champion who uses Klinklang, Zoroark, Basculin (Red-Striped), Swoobat, Simisage, and Emboar.

I would have had no objections to a Champion who used a team of Unowns to spell out profanity.

That's pretty much the problem with implementing your own team; you can just set it something ridiculously easy and rip through it.

jabs4

Fighting Red in Gold/Silver was a fun novelty, but not necessarily something I'd want to see repeated.
It made it unique. Repeating that today with a different character wouldn't create that same sort of effect as it did then. And really, there's no reason to do so considering all of the other goodies we, the consumer, are getting post game. A World Tournament? A loose idea many have thought of for many years finally implemented. That's a selling point. No, there's no need for a Red-esque redux.

R_N

I would have had no objections to a Champion who used a team of Unowns to spell out profanity.

That's pretty much the problem with implementing your own team; you can just set it something ridiculously easy and rip through it.

And if you do it based on first game clear there's a not uncommon chance of either having a team of trash by accident or having various unevolved mons (admittedly I guess they could run an evolution check when raising levels?)
Only one chance to do the Memory Link, too...

Also there'd be the funny thing of trading over your old team to fight.....your old team. Possibly after fighting yourself in BW1 &/or teaming up with your BW1 self in battle subway

Status
Not open for further replies.