• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Discussion of Serebii.net Black 2 & White 2 Discovery Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin

gliscor&yanmega

Join Avenue seems pretty interesting, although it's kind of confusing to me since it's so new and stuff.

You need Infrared, Wirless, Wi-Fi, etc...for it right, that's the only way you'll be able to gets shops? Does each connection have to be of a different game, or could you use the same game and just restart it a bunch of times? Is there any limit to how many shops you can have and can you have multiples of the same category of shop?

It seems like a lot of work to do, but a lot of these items seem pretty useful(And expensive, although there's a chance of 40% discount and money isn't too hard to make in the games). I plan to get Black 2 and White 2, and I already have Black and White, so I should be able to get at less three shops. If I had Wi-Fi this would be so much more easier D:

Serebii

Staff member
Admin
Join Avenue seems pretty interesting, although it's kind of confusing to me since it's so new and stuff.

You need Infrared, Wirless, Wi-Fi, etc...for it right, that's the only way you'll be able to gets shops? Does each connection have to be of a different game, or could you use the same game and just restart it a bunch of times? Is there any limit to how many shops you can have and can you have multiples of the same category of shop?

It seems like a lot of work to do, but a lot of these items seem pretty useful(And expensive, although there's a chance of 40% discount and money isn't too hard to make in the games). I plan to get Black 2 and White 2, and I already have Black and White, so I should be able to get at less three shops. If I had Wi-Fi this would be so much more easier D:

There are also around 35 NPCs who will come in after you have beaten the E4. Trying to work out what one is associated with what game and will make a page.

You can havem ultiples of each type of store and there's only room for 9 shops

gliscor&yanmega

There are also around 35 NPCs who will come in after you have beaten the E4. Trying to work out what one is associated with what game and will make a page.

You can havem ultiples of each type of store and there's only room for 9 shops

So the NPCs will want to open up shops to? So you wouldn't need Infrared and all that to open up shops then? If so then that's good news for those who don't have access to Wi-Fi or other things.

Having multiples of shops is good, although only 9 shops you can have at once seems kind of bad, although maybe it's not all that bad, haven't really looked over the items in each shop but it seems you can get most of the same items in all the shops just some take longer to get and others are higher levels.

I hope I'll be able to make the most of this. Going to have to make sure to save up a lot of cash for this.

Chimecho3000

Man that's unfair. If I'm reading it correctly, the Odd Keystone and 5th gen fossils are exclusive to White 2?

Serebii

Staff member
Admin
Man that's unfair. If I'm reading it correctly, the Odd Keystone and 5th gen fossils are exclusive to White 2?

Not quite

They're exclusive to shops created by people who have White or White 2 and were communicated with. Simple as that

ultlifeform

So, I'm finding that N's Pokémon do have pre-set abilities, they just... aren't the abilities listed here... I've encountered N's Joltik a dozen times now, resetting without saving after each encounter, to make sure it stayed a random first encounter (since I know some roaming legendaries will set their attributes when you first see them), but every time, it has had unnerve for its ability. I've caught all of the Desert Route Pokémon and the other three Chargestone Cave ones. So far, the list of N's Pokemon seems rather hit or miss as far as their abilities go. Are they preset, and the list is just off, or does something determine it that I don't know of, or do I just have really bad luck? Has ANYONE gotten N's Joltik with Compound Eyes?

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
It may be that his Pokemon are set once you start your game, much like Greevil's Pokemon in XDGoD.

Maybe ask other people who have the game what their N's Joltiks have as an ability?

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
So, I'm finding that N's Pokémon do have pre-set abilities, they just... aren't the abilities listed here... I've encountered N's Joltik a dozen times now, resetting without saving after each encounter, to make sure it stayed a random first encounter (since I know some roaming legendaries will set their attributes when you first see them), but every time, it has had unnerve for its ability. I've caught all of the Desert Route Pokémon and the other three Chargestone Cave ones. So far, the list of N's Pokemon seems rather hit or miss as far as their abilities go. Are they preset, and the list is just off, or does something determine it that I don't know of, or do I just have really bad luck? Has ANYONE gotten N's Joltik with Compound Eyes?

For me, mine was Unnerve, maybe their programmed with only one of the abilities and don't give a chance for a different one.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
wow, at Rank 10, the Mart in Join Avenue sells Max Revive, PP Up, and Ether......

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
At Lv. 10, the best PP restorative available is the weakest?

Why is GameFreak so keen on keeping PP restoratives out of our hands? What's their agenda?

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
At Lv. 10, the best PP restorative available is the weakest?

Why is GameFreak so keen on keeping PP restoratives out of our hands? What's their agenda?

Yeah, seriously. You can find both HP and PP restorative items when traveling to begin with. While I understand that PP restorative items are less needed and rarer (and thus more valuable), I don't see why they couldn't start selling Ethers after the Elite Four or something (without inter-game connectivity). But that's just a marketing strategy, I guess. :/

devildog201306

Event Collector
so how do i get Challenge mode in black 2 at the start of the game?

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
so how do i get Challenge mode in black 2 at the start of the game?

Beat another Black 2 cartridge and send the key over before starting on the second cartridge.

de_darkrai

The Key item for Regi,can I get White's from WiFi?

doodlecloud

Shiny Hunter
Sorry if this has been covered already, but do we know if there is a limit on numbers that you can include on Box names in the Pkmn Storage System? It was a bit annoying for me in B/W as I sort my Pokemon by National Dex no. :'(
I would also like to know this as I was really pissed off with this in B/W too. I always order my pokes by dex order naming the PC boxes 1-74 and so on (I only keep the fully evolved pokes) so it was really annoying that they changed it so you can't do this.

So does anyone know if they have lifted the limit in BW2? Also, does anyone know why they imposed such a seemingly pointless rule in the first place?

doodlecloud

Shiny Hunter
The naming of boxes varies from Japanese to ENglish so we cannot answer that

*facepalm* Yeah, I should've realised that. I'd still be interested to know why BW was like that though as I can't for the life of me work out why they would need to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.