• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Discussion of Serebii.net Black 2 & White 2 Discovery Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
10charlimit

256/4=64, yes, so theoretically a level 64 training service would increase the stat by 64. But you can only have 255 EV's in any one stat?

gliscor&yanmega

So that would mean that the service would only increase the stat by 63, not 64, then.

No. It increases it by 64. Any one stat can have a total of 255 EVs in it, but 252 is the most you'll get the use out of it because 255/4 doesn't equal a greater number when rounded down as 252/4, you can still put 255 EVs into any one stat if you would like to, you'll just be losing three EVs basically.

It'll increase it by 63 once you use it for the fourth time though(Assuming you'd be able to do that, which you should).

Last edited:

Aegon

So that would mean that the service would only increase the stat by 63, not 64, then.
On its last use, yes, if it works at all when it cannot raise EVs by 64.

No. It increases it by 64. Any one stat can have a total of 255 EVs in it, but 252 is the most you'll get the use out of it because 255/4 doesn't equal a greater number when rounded down as 252/4, you can still put 255 EVs into any one stat if you would like to, you'll just be losing three EVs basically.
That... doesn't have anything to do with what we're discussing.

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
On its last use, yes, if it works at all when it cannot raise EVs by 64.

Okay, now I'm really confused. I'm talking about raising the actual stat by 64 (which would be 256 EV's, which is impossible), whereas you're talking about raising the stat's EV's by 64 (which is very possible).

Aegon

Okay, now I'm really confused. I'm talking about raising the actual stat by 64 (which would be 256 EV's, which is impossible), whereas you're talking about raising the stat's EV's by 64 (which is very possible).
I took it to refer to EVs, since it's impossible to raise the stat by 64 (256 EVs), as you said.

I just don't know anymore! D:

gliscor&yanmega

I'm pretty sure the items such as "Speed Lv64", will increase EVs by 64 which would be +16 stat points. It doesn't increase by 64 stat points(or 63). It's basically like how Vitamins and Wings work just on a larger scale(Not sure if there is any limit to these items though, I believe you can only buy one of each item a day though).

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Those items most likely refers to EVs, not the actual stat. Increasing the actual stat by 64 would be way more than broken, I'm very sure even GF knows that.

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
Yes its the EV's, not the actual stat itself. They want to allow players to do the harder stuff on an easier level, not break the universe.

hellothisismuffin

Element of Laughter
I can't wait to see this game.
I thought Black and White was one of the worst games of the series. But it's probably because the best parts were online

de_darkrai

Yeah,Level 1 Gyrados.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Some (if not most) of the Fes Missions are ridiculous, mainly the ones where we have to battle people or capture Pokemon.

The time limit given just make the mission pretty much impossible, especially for the Level 4 one......

R_N

Some (if not most) of the Fes Missions are ridiculous, mainly the ones where we have to battle people or capture Pokemon.

The time limit given just make the mission pretty much impossible, especially for the Level 4 one......

I suspect that when a FES mission is activated, it's counted for everyone playing that mission. Thus things like beating 100 blackbelts in 3 minutes.
I'm still curious if we're fighting actual, in-game trainers (which would add even more refights if so) or we're meant to fight other people participating

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
So, no one here has discovered anything regarding the singing girl on the hidden room beneath the Village Bridge?

It's odd that GF would put up something like that there if it serves no purpose at all.....I mean, it's supposed to be a hidden room, and the room has a unique design.

R_N

So, no one here has discovered anything regarding the singing girl on the hidden room beneath the Village Bridge?

It's odd that GF would put up something like that there if it serves no purpose at all.....I mean, it's supposed to be a hidden room, and the room has a unique design.

Has anyone looked through the text for it?
I remember that we never knew about the special Hiker in Platinum until CoroCoro said something about it, for instance.

Of course it could just be an easter egg of sorts. Gamefreak's put otherwise useless things in their games before. BW1 had Anthea & Concordia the dead girl, there's the Diamond Dust weather, DPt had a completely closed off wing of the Backlot mansion (even in Platinum, iirc. It used one side for the Maid tournament but the other was still blocked), and so on.
Since it's Village Bridge and she's singing, she might just be a shy girl who doesn't want to sing with the other 4 guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.