• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Discussion of Serebii.net Black 2 & White 2 Discovery Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vandslaux

The Dratini and Gible aren't exactly 'free'. It took me 2 days to make it through the White Hollow. Also, the pokemon's levels on the higher floors are pretty scary, about lv 72-76. And Banjirou is sort of tough.

Honestly, I'm happy with my shiny Dratini, though.

de_darkrai

Hehe,me too. I try skipped trainers until I found the gate. ^^

But it did took 2 days for me as well.

Dr. Leggs

Astral Cowboy
So Serebii, for the trade-battles, do you mean that you can rebattle them, and they gain five levels every battle, or...?

Vandslaux

You can only battle once, but couldn't you theoretically train by trading them a lv 100 Hippowdon that only knows Sleep Talk/Stealth Rock/some other move that will do nothing and losing to their last pokemon, since they have 3 pokemon?

R_N

You can only battle once, but couldn't you theoretically train by trading them a lv 100 Hippowdon that only knows Sleep Talk/Stealth Rock/some other move that will do nothing and losing to their last pokemon, since they have 3 pokemon?

Hippowdon has a specific moveset on her team.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Dragonite shoulda looked like this, right?
dragoniteshiny.png

I did it myself, I got bored and was looking through this thread too :p

That's a really cool Dragonite sprite :). It would have been interesting if it were that color. To be honest though, I kind of like the green/silver Dragonite though. It's not that bad looking.

Looking forward to getting White 2 and sometime in the future I'll be getting Black 2 as well.

de_darkrai

Password for C-gear 2012 Pokemon World Championships : WCSCGEAR2012

R_N

I had heard about the everstone-nature thing on Smogon before, but the ability thing is super cool.

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
Ooh, nice. I had a suspicion that the abilities of parent and child Pokémon were linked from the start. :)

Though there are still people that say that the Everstone nature-pass isn't a guaranteed 100% chance.

Aegon

This change can also be an annoyance, since if one wants the offspring to hatch frequently with the other ability, they'll have to hatch several eggs (since there's a 20% chance, compared to the previous 50%) to obtain a mother with the desired ability, then breed that. Game Freak could have just introduced a new held item. :/

srullic

I didn't understand the ability part. So the offspring is going to get the same ability as the mother? What's this ability slot part?

Aegon

I didn't understand the ability part. So the offspring is going to get the same ability as the mother? What's this ability slot part?
The offspring will hatch with their first ability (ability 0, the first one listed in Serebii's Pokédex and such) 80% of the time if their mother has ability 0. If she has ability 1 (the second ability listed), the offspring will hatch with their ability 1 80% of the time.

srullic

So that's a complicated way of saying that the offspring will probably have the mother's ability?

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Basically, Pokémon each have three ability slots

Slot 1
Slot 2
Slot Hidden

As of Black & White, Slot Hidden could be obtained through Dream World, Events and now Hidden Hollows. If the mother has it, there's a 60% chance of the baby having it.

However, now, if the mother has Slot 1 ability, the baby will have an 80% chance of Slot 1 ability and 20% chance of Slot 2.

If you want to just get the other ability and then use that to breed, throw Ditto in and it's back to 50/50.

For Pokémon who only have one ability, both their Slot 1 & Slot 2 abilities will be that ability. For example, Pikachu has Static as Slot 1 and Slot 2. This is noteworthy because multiple Pokémon begin with different abilities in Slot 1 and 2 (Eevee with Run Away & Adaptability and Trapinch with Hyper Cutter & Arena Trap) while their evolution has the same ability in both slots (Vaporeon with Water Absorb, Vibrava with Levitate).

However, there are some Pokémon who have different abilities as they evolve. Take Venonat/Venomoth for example.
Venonat has CompoundEyes (Slot 1) and Tinted Lens (Slot 2). Venomoth has Shield Dust (Slot 1) and Tinted Lens (Slot 2). If you were breeding a female Venomoth with Shield Dust, then the baby Venonat has got an 80% chance of hatching with Compoundeyes

It works the same way with the Hidden Ability. If the Pokémon doesn't have a unique Hidden Ability, then the ability it has in its Hidden Slot is the same. Trapinch has got a Hidden Ability (Sheer Force) but Vibrava doesn't. It's the same with Giratina and the Therians. Giratina's Altered Forme has got Pressure in Slot 1 & 2 and Telepathy in Hidden while Origin Forme has Levitate in all three. Tornadus Incarnatehas Prankster in Slot 1 & 2 and Defiant in Hidden, but Therian Forme has got Regenerator in all three slots

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
Basically, Pokémon each have three ability slots

Slot 1
Slot 2
Slot Hidden. . . .

I thought there were only two ability slots, and that the hidden ability of a Pokémon was determined by the Dream World ability byte.

Status
Not open for further replies.