• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Discussion of Serebii.net Black 2 & White 2 Discovery Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

manniezmoll

I'm a girl, dangit!
just wondering, when you import pokemon from previous generations (D/P/HG/SS) does the location detail on the pokemon change to the region of where the game you imported from is based at?

the location is based on what region the pokemon originated from. what game you shifted it from doesn't matter. say you breed a charmander on 3rd gen FR, pal park it to 4th gen D/P/Pt, then shift it to B/W/B2/W2. it's location of origin is always going to say Kanto, no matter what game you trade it to. i repost this every few months in the hack check thread...it helps in determining the legality of traded pokemon...

While looking through my various 5th gen poke-shifts, this is what I've found in the various summaries about the location origination of the Pokemon:

3rd gen, Colosseum says: Distant Land, Apparently arrived at level ___ after a long travel through time.
3rd gen, XD says: Distant Land, Apparently arrived at level ___ after a long travel through time, Fateful Encounter.
3rd gen R/S/E says: Hoenn, Apparently arrived at level ___ after a long travel through time.
3rd gen FR/LG says: Kanto, Apparently arrived at level ___ after a long travel through time.
4th gen D/P/Pt says: Sinnoh, Apparently arrived at level___.
4th gen HG/SS says: Johto, Apparently arrived at level ___ . (says Johto regardless of which HG/SS region you caught it in)
5th gen from B2/W2 becomes “Faraway Place” if the catch location does not exist in B/W.

mjunior3

Link Jokers!
I think I found an Infinite Rare Candy glitch in my B2 this morning. I battled everyone in the Tennis Court, and during my battles, found the Breeder that has a Gible, Igglybuff, Cleffa, Larvitar, Swinub, and Poliwag.

After you beat her, she gives you a Rare Candy. Well, I battled her first, battled everyone else, left the room, and wondered if I did battle her. I went back, started the battle, then realized I HAD battled her today. I got another Rare Candy.

I thought I was on to something, so I left the room, went back in, AND BATTLED AGAIN! I GET A RARE CANDY EVERY TIME! I've been doing this all day.

HANZ

How do you get a Snivy with the Contrary ability? I want my startup to have this ability but I keep getting the 'overgrown' ability.

Any help?

Mew The Gato

Any help?

Contrary is Snivy's Hidden Ability. It has not been released, yet, though, so you cannot get a legit Snivy with Contrary.

Try asking here or here next time. The former exists solely for Black 2 / White 2 related questions and the latter for any Pokemon related question. You shall usually find more reliable answers in those places.

Status
Not open for further replies.