• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Discussion of Serebii.net Pokémon Ranger: Tracks of Light Discoveries

realarcastform

Rotom Trainer
It's official, there's no love for Rotom in the Ranger series.
My chances of buying this game have significantly dwindled.

R_N

There are indeed only 6 wondercards in the game (4 for the Deoxys forms, 1 for Heatran and 1 for Shaymin). The Manaphy egg has never needed a wondercard for any of the Ranger games, because the main Pokemon games had a built-in function for those.

I looked at the dumped Heatran wondercard myself, and it appears that the Eruption Heatran is always Quiet (it has a set PID of 505E03A0). All the other Pokemon can have any nature.

All the Pokemon from Ranger 3 have the Classic Ribbon attached as well.

Awww, that's a shame. Oh well.

Also: Checking on the Quiet nature, it seems like a perfect fit for Heatran? +Sp. Attack, - Speed.
That's nice of them.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
There are indeed only 6 wondercards in the game (4 for the Deoxys forms, 1 for Heatran and 1 for Shaymin). The Manaphy egg has never needed a wondercard for any of the Ranger games, because the main Pokemon games had a built-in function for those.

I looked at the dumped Heatran wondercard myself, and it appears that the Eruption Heatran is always Quiet (it has a set PID of 505E03A0). All the other Pokemon can have any nature.

All the Pokemon from Ranger 3 have the Classic Ribbon attached as well.

Really? I thought one WonderCard was for the Manaphy Egg, but I guess it isn't then. I can't wait to get Heatran, I need it for SoulSilver since I hate trading so transferring it sounds good.

I think the newest Ranger Sign discoveries are great, Garchomp is one of my favorite Pokemon. I really dislike those past missions, I've lost against the Tangrowth and it's not even the hardest Pokemon. Catching up to some of those Sky Pokemon is almost impossible for me too, maybe I'm doing something wrong ;_;

For Tangrowth, I used Chatot if that helps, although I still barely won. Right after it uses its purple poison attack, drop Chatot right next to it and it takes off a chunk of health. Be sure to check the treasure chests for extra time too. I can't get past any of the missions after it though, they really were designed for multiplayer.

Steelia

forever.
Lugia. Wow. Just popped up out of nowhere, right when everyone was beginning to lose faith/hope in any appearance by him. Awesome. Now I'm DEFINITELY interested in the title... Who knows? There may still be one or two things left to find before everything's up...

All there's left now are the 3 Sinnoh pixies and, if it hasn't already been made official, Giratina (in whatever form).
Just keeps getting better and better; the bosses for this game are extreme. Certainly didn't expect THIS much. I guess it's to compensate for the lack of any good bosses/Legendaries in Shadows of Almia.

R_N

Unlockable bosses are cool. I love this game's selection overall.
All there's left now are the 3 Sinnoh pixies and, if it hasn't already been made official, Giratina (in whatever form).
Are you talking about Legends that need to show up in the Ranger series, or are the pixies in the game somewhere?
Because there's also Jirachi, isn't there?

Lorde

There are a lot of Pokemon in this game, more than I expected. Now Lugia is revealed to be in the game. I think it's great, but it's a lot to remember, a lot of criteria just to find a certain Pokemon.

Steelia

forever.
Are you talking about Legends that need to show up in the Ranger series, or are the pixies in the game somewhere?
Because there's also Jirachi, isn't there?

Yes, Legends that have yet to show up as capturable; I keep forgetting about Jirachi... and, technically, Manaphy, since it really hasn't been obtainable outside of its egg in the Ranger games. I doubt it ever will, because the Ranger games seem to have been made the primary source for getting one. (Makes me wonder if any future Ranger titles will have "exclusive" Pokemon given away through them as Manaphy has been for this long.)

In any case, great line-up, really cannot wait to see any past missions that may come up... What number is Deoxys, though? I don't think that one's been revealed yet, unless I skimmed over it on the Ranger 3 pages.

Lorde

I don't think Deoxys' number has been revealed. Wouldn't it be near the end of the Browser like most special Pokemon's name's are?

I was surprised Phione was in this game, though not as a Boss. I thought all Legendary Pokemon would be fought as Bosses...

Illusione-Tempus

300 Pokemon to catch just to meet Lugia? :eek:

Oh well, just got 282 over 300... Thanks for adding the Quests page, for what I said in my previous post :)

EDIT: How to input the Meganium sign? =/

Last edited:

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
Don't know if this has been asked or answered, but is it possible to get one of each Deoxys forme from the game.

And.

Is it the same as other ranger games in that, once you've transferred the pokemon from ranger to your 4th gen game, you can't restart ranger and re-download the missions, complete them and then transfer the pokemon again.

I think i know the answer to the first part, after OmegaDonut mentioned that there are 6 Wondercards in the game(4 of which must be for Deoxys formes), but can someone please confirm that this is the case, and also let me know about the second half of my question.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Steelia

forever.
Might have something to do with the fact that Phione isn't legendary.

Could've sworn GAME FREAK bunked that, saying Phione was Legendary (and Rotom was not).

Still, Phione's not as big a name as Manaphy, so it's hardly surprising... There are already plenty of Legendary bosses as it is; I'd be glad just seeing it running around.

Also, @Serebii, I wasn't aware there was a different Browser for Past Pokemon.... That really explains a bit. Certainly looking forward to seeing that one.

pichu2001

When I extracted graphic from Ranger, I find also boss battles pictures with Heatran, Giratina Origin and Arceus
(Maybe Pokemon Sunday reveals one of these)

Arceus

Giratina

Heatran

Last edited:

Steelia

forever.
Ah, now that's what I'm talking about, pichu2001! Great find. I was hoping we'd see some mugshots of the still-hidden bosses (and I was wondering what form Giratina would appear in, though nowadays it's pretty much custom to keep it in Origin Forme).
Definitely looking forward to seeing how their in-game battle sprites look.

DIAMOND MASTER

Diamond Trainer
When you keep pushing in the same place when you do the ranger sign it powers up and the pokemons will be scared when you are riding the dogs.
I didnt see this in the rangersigns page so I thought I should say it here.

Lorde

Might have something to do with the fact that Phione isn't legendary.

It was already confirmed to be a Legendary Pokemon a long time ago, despite it being hatched from a normal egg which is why I was surprised to see it as a normal Pokemon in the game. Although I guess this isn't the first time, the Regi's wheren't Boss Pokemon either in the other Ranger titles.

Love the Arceus and Giratina images, when are they fought though, I'm still not sure if they're fought in past missions or special missions.