1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion of Serebii.net X & Y Discovery Thread

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation VI Discussion' started by Serebii, Oct 9, 2013.

1. Serebii

Serebii And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared... Staff Member Admin

2. Ver-mont

Ver-mont Well-Known Member

So it begins!

Serebii, your screenshots look so beautiful. Even more so after days of blurry photos.

(I loved the Elite Four rooms)

Daveo100 likes this.
  3. Munchy

Munchy =)

Yes, the clear screenshots are a blessing! Finally we can make out some distinct qualities of the Pokémon.

Daveo100 likes this.
  4. MasterofArcanine

MasterofArcanine Pokecollection Maste

Serebii.

THank you for posting those pictures. So looks like all the leaked pokemon have been 100% confirmed now. That's good. I really liked most of those Pokemon. Guess that also means most of what the leakers said is true I guess too.

Daveo100 likes this.
  5. Rakurai

Rakurai Well-Known Member

Just thinking about Inverse Battles is making my head hurt. I guess Pokemon that are immune to a type probably stay immune, though.

Also, Kecleon's new ability sounds infinitely more useful then Color Change, largely because you're the one who controls it, not your opponent. Would probably still take a Mega Evolution to make the thing viable, though.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2013
    Daveo100 likes this.
  6. Munchy

Munchy =)

So Serebii has updated the New Pokémon page: http://www.serebii.net/xy/pokemon.shtml

...and apparently the different forms of Pumpkaboo/Gourgeist are just size differences. Not all of them are discovered yet, though, but that's what it looks like.

7. Citizen Insane

Citizen Insane Eh, life is a game.

Loving Kecleon's new ability, this will make it less predictable and easy to beat.

Daveo100 likes this.
  8. SebastiaanZ

SebastiaanZ Well-Known Member

Bit disappointing this generation apparently only has 69 Pokemon. Or did I read wrong and are more to be discovered?

Daveo100 likes this.
  9. Hydrohs

Hydrohs 安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。 Staff Member Super Mod

It's been well worth the wait to see pictures taken with a capture device and not a crappy cellphone.

Keep in mind all the new Mega Pokemon as well.

Daveo100 likes this.
  10. SebastiaanZ

Yeah I know that ... but still ... I find it disappointing that only 69 new Pokemon are added apparently. I usually start new games to get bunch of new Pokemon, 69 Pokemon rather limits this. I had hoped for at least 100+. But hey, I suppose you can't have all.

11. Rakurai

Weakness Policy.

It sharply increases the Pokemon's attack stats when they're hit by a SE attack...

This thing sounds practically broken in the right hands.

12. MasterofArcanine

MasterofArcanine Pokecollection Maste

Serebii just posted about some new items. Very Interested. Looks like the Ability Capsale doesn't bring out Hidden Abilities just if htat pokemon has two normal abilities..Where are you hidden ability Pokemon!?

13. Lucario At Service

Lucario At Service Calm Trainer

So, Mega Gyarados is confirmed Water/Dark type. Now my question is, what is the name of its Mega Stone. Does it have a X or Y at its end.

Also, Serebii missed posting Mega Gengar's image and instead posted another shot of Mega Gyarados.

Daveo100 likes this.
  14. Rakurai

A NPC noted that Pokemon in Horde battles might have different abilities from usual.

I'd presume that's how you get hidden abilities this time around, at least for the catchable Pokemon.

15. SebastiaanZ

Don't get me wrong, I love the addition of Mega Pokemon ... I really do ... 69 new Pokemon is just underwhelming.

Anyway Mega Gyarados seems awesome ... love to see what Mega Gengar looks like.

16. Lucario At Service

Lucario At Service Calm Trainer

So we get a hold item version of Go-Goggles in the form of Safety Goggles.

17. diakyu

diakyu Well-Known Member

IT"S HAPPENING!

Heliolisk looks awesome with its frills up.

Daveo100 likes this.
  18. SebastiaanZ

Also the fact that Exp. Share now affects all Pokemon instead of just one, is a very good progression. I remember how I hated to have to switch it every single time to another Pokemon and not be able to train more at the same time.

Love Chesnaught by the way, going to be my starter just for the heck of the final evolution.

19. Schade

Schade The real Slim Schady

I love them all! Now I can finally start planning my team. It will be a lot of ghost-Types. lol

20. Beloberto

Beloberto Well-Known Member

Thanks to that Ability Capsule we can tell Serebii knows the full Ability list for sure. Sad to see Flabébé/Floette/Florges only got Flower Veil.