• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Discussion of Serebii.net X & Y Discovery Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gizmoa

about the mega stones, have anyone think about stealing from the wild? i think some of them might be holding certain mega stones.

Edit: no, i dont have the game yet. just 31 more hours...

I'm not getting the game right at launch, but when I do I can do my typical theif covet run and document all the items on npc pokemon etc etc.

Rakurai

Wild Pokemon and Pickup seem like logical possibilities for where they could be obtained, considering they've made some items available exclusively from those sources in past before.

I intend to get around to grinding up a team of six level 100 Pickup users, on top of keeping something with Compoundeyes and a stealing move around, as well.

jamez292

Pyro Loving Trainer
Isn't there an ability/move that lets you see what the target's Ability is? You could just use that when hunting for them.

Also, what is it that prevents these games from being torn apart like previous gens? Just new technology on the 3ds Chip? Ignore the question if it's not relevant.

Skill Swap.

So wait how do immunities work in inverse battles? Is that also inversed? Like dragon being immune to fairy and stuff like that?

NightFall00

Trainer of the Night
So wait how do immunities work in inverse battles? Is that also inversed? Like dragon being immune to fairy and stuff like that?

I sincerely hope so.

avsimone

Magma Trainer
So thus far Sea Spirit's Den is just an empty cave? Hmmmm Hidden Manaphy?

Or it could be a Lugia ( though highly unlikely 'cause it's diving pokemon not sea spirit ) or Kyogre. Or another event legend that hasn't come out yet! Or you get a special event mega stone there. I don't know hopefully something cool!

ebevan91

Has Serebii found a Vs. Seeker yet? Or is there at least a way to rematch trainers?

What about places similar to the stadiums in 5th gen? Is there anything like that?

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Has Serebii found a Vs. Seeker yet? Or is there at least a way to rematch trainers?

What about places similar to the stadiums in 5th gen? Is there anything like that?

There appears to be no way to rematch trainers, and he hasn't posted about finding anything like the Sports Stadiums in Fifth Gen, either.

MeAreLegend

I realized that Sableye and Spiritomb no longer reign as pokemon without a weakness. As much as I love Sableye, I'm afraid these two pokemon don't have much going for them now.

Rakurai

Spiritomb, maybe, since its main role was as a tank.

Sableye still has the benefit of Prankster Will-o-Wisp, which can now be utilized more reliably thanks to its increased accuracy.

I realized that Sableye and Spiritomb no longer reign as pokemon without a weakness. As much as I love Sableye, I'm afraid these two pokemon don't have much going for them now.

Prankster would like to have a word with you

Jexulus

I agree completely with a Stealth Rock nerf, and its incredibly likely, what with Game Freak trying to bring Charizard back into relevancy. If anything, it should only be as potent as a full three-layers of spikes. In other words, instead of 50, 25, 12.5, 6.25, and 3.125%, it should be 25, 19, 12.5, 6.25, and 3.125 percent. That way, Flying types aren't punished for Spikes immunity, Fire types aren't scarce in OU, and Bug types finally have a reason to be decent outside of Scizor and Volcarona.

Dylz

Trainer since 1997
My braixen just evolved into a Delphox on level 36. Currently knows the moves: Psyshock, psybeam, flame charge and return. Hope it learns some decent attacks soon.

It just learned mystic fire on level 36.

it has 100 accuracy, 65 power. 10 PP. It's a special attack move. It lowers the target's special attack.

philzone

Ready for trumpets
I heard about special moves the starters learn. We know mystic fire from above, and I remember spikey shield is protect +iron barbs, but water shuriken, i heard a multi hit move with priority... cloyster, please get it

DarkKami

Pokemon Collector
Well Sweet! According to Serebii:

- Cleffa/Clefairy/Clefable Line seems to be confirmed to be PURE Fairy
- Absolite from Serena Post-Game
- In-Game-Event-Unlocked Medichamnite (Wasn't able to just walk to it and get the Mega Stone)

Shraeder

It's Lit
I heard about special moves the starters learn. We know mystic fire from above, and I remember spikey shield is protect +iron barbs, but water shuriken, i heard a multi hit move with priority... cloyster, please get it

Water Shuriken does 15 damage and hits 2-5 times, idk about the priority though. I think it will just be exclusive to Greninja for this gen, but next gen/Z other Pokemon will learn their special moves, just like how Leaf Blade, Muddy Water, and Blaze Kick were distributed in Gen 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.