• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Discussion of Serebii.net X & Y Discovery Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
got it, thanks a lot!

stardust1

Hey all
Do we already know if move tutor moves from gen V can be bred in this gen?
I thought there may be a chance with all the breeding changes in this gen
Anyone tested it out?

R_N

Hey all
Do we already know if move tutor moves from gen V can be bred in this gen?
I thought there may be a chance with all the breeding changes in this gen
Anyone tested it out?
They only pass if they're egg moves. There are a small handful of new egg moves that require a tutored pokemon from 5th gen, but otherwise nothing

stardust1

Thanks!
I was hoping to breed a perfect Sneasel with Low Kick, but I guess I'll have to find another move :(

Breyfunk

Hi, do we currently know what items are available in the balloon popping attraction that was released today?

MiloticTwins

Pokémon Bank and PokéTransported cancelled?

What if the Pokémon Bank and the PokéTransporter for Pokémon X and Y have been cancelled, including outside of Asia?

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
What if the Pokémon Bank and the PokéTransporter for Pokémon X and Y have been cancelled, including outside of Asia?

They definitely are still releasing the Bank worldwide, so there's no reason to worry about it. It wouldn't still be on the eShop as TBD if they were cancelling it, after all. The people who got it before it went down still can use it, so they wouldn't be dropping that. We just don't know when we're getting it yet. Hopefully we'll know soon, though.

gregjammer

Feather Trainer
I noticed that people are complaining about no Bank. I believe there's one good reason for such complaining:

Is it more difficult to obtain a flawless legendary pokemon that cannot be bred, like Mewtwo, Mew, Kyogre, Groudon, etc. in X/Y without Pokémon Bank?

I recall that the only way to reliably get such is by RNG abuse, a concept easy in B/W(Gen V), but harder in X/Y(Gen VI). Is it a fact that, if you cannot RNG abuse in X/Y and hope for it to stick, no Bank means strong legends are harder to obtain, maybe impossible w/o extreme luck(meaning you should not look for one unless you can manipulate its IVs, in a legitimate manner, as they are decided by the RNG at time of capture or obtainment)???

^ What's your response? If people want their legends transferred, then I assume that the longer Nintendo waits to get the Bank out, the more frustrated they will become, and although I'm not a whiner, I feel for those who can't transfer some of their strong pokemon and can't replicate them in any way...

Last edited:

BCVM22

The difficulty in obtaining "flawless legendary pokemon that cannot be bred" is not a good reason to complain about anything, no.

gregjammer

Feather Trainer
The difficulty in obtaining "flawless legendary pokemon that cannot be bred" is not a good reason to complain about anything, no.

Ah...

Then I guess the people who want to send Nintendo hate tweets/hate mail/other forms of gripes over no Pokémon Bank and/or want to resort to external device use for purposes of replicating their Gen 5 flawless legendary unbreedable pokemon just because they can't get Bank, when Nintendo is already working on it, need to stop complaining and realize that even Nintendo deserves fair treatment and time to make their wishes possible in a legitimate and polite manner? If that's the case, then the moral of story is that it's not nice to have a mentality that favors possessions that are above, beyond, and/or yet to be released into, the game. But it is nice to have a mentality that favors respect, willingness to play within the boundaries set by the makers of the game in question, and patience when it comes to extras that the maker will release at a pace that cannot be changed without potentially breaking the game's spirit, or causing some other harmful circumstance, let it be malfunctioning game-related equipment, no unused material left in game to keep fans interested in it that could be more appropriate for other points in game lifetime, among other things that could go wrong if you release things too quickly. It will come in due time, and no one has the power to change that outside of Nintendo. It's not the fans' project to manipulate, it's Nintendo's project--and only Nintendo's project--to fix, finish, and release to the fans within legitimate channels.

Thank you for your reply, sir...

Last edited:

Flame Haze SnS

Yin-Yang
Apparently (after doing some diggings on various sites), regarding to the Psychic Inver on Route 18, you'd have to land at least 7 super-effective hits the entire match without fainting to get stones/rare candy x3 (?). Anything less than 7 super-effective hits (probably 4-6 hits) and you may get type-resist berries (probably still has to be without fainting). 3 super-effective OHKO or 1 of your pokemon fainted gets you Sitrus berry or some normal berry (such as Oran or Chesto). It might not be accurate, but that's probably the easier way to get evolution stones than super training. Take it with the grain of salt. :/

Last edited:

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Apparently (after doing some diggings on various sites), regarding to the Psychic Inver on Route 18, you'd have to land at least 7 super-effective hits the entire match without fainting to get stones/rare candy x3 (?). Anything less than 7 super-effective hits (probably 4-6 hits) and you may get type-resist berries (probably still has to be without fainting). 3 super-effective OHKO or 1 of your pokemon fainted gets you Sitrus berry or some normal berry (such as Oran or Chesto). It might not be accurate, but that's probably the easier way to get evolution stones than super training. Take it with the grain of salt. :/

In other words, we must not just be able to take the insane hits from Inver's Pokemon without fainting, but we must also deal damage as small as possible to his Pokemon, at least until the 7 hits minimum limit is fulfilled.

It's easier said than done, really.

We need a specific Pokemon, one that can tank a hit from Inver's Pokemon AND reduce the HP of his Pokemon by only around 50%
I'm thinking "hit once, take a hit, hit once more", do that twice for his first two Pokemon, and then for the last Pokemon, use something that can tank two hits, and reduce the HP of Inver's Pokemon by around 40-45%.

Or use False Swipe/Hold Back, but their lower power, as well as the fact that it may not always be SE, means it will be harder.

And then we have to be lucky for him to give us the evolution stone we want.

In the end, Super Training is still the simplest and best way to obtain them. Or the Balloon Popping attraction in Global Link, still random but at least you also get other things that are also useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.