• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Discussion of Serebii.net X & Y Discovery Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LLR

Vivillon Trader
Your friend code changes, so your Safari will change as well. Since your friend code it random, your Safari is as well. There is a chance you'll get one similar, but it is highly unlikely.

That's what I understood too.
I reformatted the first time and got the same safari, thought that's strange. Tried again just to see what would happen. Same safari. Third time changed. Then I've tried again 3 more times yesterday and fourth time today and am getting the same safari.
My friend code has been different each time.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I've done this myself a few times and have had it change each time, so I'm not sure what's going wrong with yours.

Reactions: LLR

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
How is it really possible to get 6IV HA Ditto? I know you can get HA from Friend Safari, but isn't that only 2IV?

Back when the Dream World was still a thing, you could transfer an Imposter Ditto from there and use PRNG manipulation to get one with flawless IVs.

In theory, it's possible to get a flawless Ditto from the Friend Safari, but the odds of doing so are 32^-4%.

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Strider: Spider King
Can someone help me decide please?

For an in game gogoat-should I keep razor leaf-which has a high crit and hits a couple targets, or change it to leaf blade or horn leech? Also, is aerial ace a good filler? None of my other moves would be SE on fighting/grass pokes who seem to be kinda common. He hasn't evolved yet, so help would be nice before it gets set.

Oops, I thought I clicked on the help thread.

Last edited:

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Can someone help me decide please?

For an in game gogoat-should I keep razor leaf-which has a high crit, or change it to leaf blade or horn leech?

Unless you're really concerned about PP, change it to one of the other moves; Leaf Blade is more powerful while also possessing an increased crit rate, while Horn Leech provides a more modest power boost, but with a 50% healing effect.

Also, is aerial ace a good filler? None of my other moves would be SE on fighting/grass pokes who seem to be kinda common. He hasn't evolved yet, so help would be nice before it gets set.

Aerial Ace is a fine coverage move.

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Strider: Spider King
Unless you're really concerned about PP, change it to one of the other moves; Leaf Blade is more powerful while also possessing an increased crit rate, while Horn Leech provides a more modest power boost, but with a 50% healing effect.

Aerial Ace is a fine coverage move.

Thanks. I'll have pp ups by when he learns horn leech, so I'll go with that. 50%? That's fantastic. And aerial ace will help as everyone seems to like lowering accuracy. Thanks, I've got a moveset.

GardyV

Sorry to get off topic, but I have a couple of questions...or rather some discoveries.

I met a passerby who wanted to trade with me. We go in and he shows me a shiny Jirachi. Yes, it was indeed a shiny Jirachi in Pokemon X or Y and it was in front of me, level 100 in a regular poke ball. I know what the difference is between a shiny Jirachi and a regular Jirachi because I have seen one way back in Emerald. My question is: How? I thought PokeBank blocked shiny Jirachi, even if it was legit. I looked at the Serebii Gen VI Pokedex, and I saw that there were the 3D shiny forms of Pokemon that are shiny locked (Meloetta, Zekrom, Reshiram, Keldo, etc....) I would like to know how they got it in the game. I assume it was a hack.

Also, why are people allowed to ask for Legendaries for junk pokemon, like a rattata? Does Nintendo not know how to do Internet Features properly?

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Sorry to get off topic, but I have a couple of questions...or rather some discoveries.

I met a passerby who wanted to trade with me. We go in and he shows me a shiny Jirachi. Yes, it was indeed a shiny Jirachi in Pokemon X or Y and it was in front of me, level 100 in a regular poke ball. I know what the difference is between a shiny Jirachi and a regular Jirachi because I have seen one way back in Emerald. My question is: How? I thought PokeBank blocked shiny Jirachi, even if it was legit. I looked at the Serebii Gen VI Pokedex, and I saw that there were the 3D shiny forms of Pokemon that are shiny locked (Meloetta, Zekrom, Reshiram, Keldo, etc....) I would like to know how they got it in the game. I assume it was a hack.

Also, why are people allowed to ask for Legendaries for junk pokemon, like a rattata? Does Nintendo not know how to do Internet Features properly?

Most definitely a hacked Jirachi. While people can't send over a shiny Jirachi through Bank, people can apparently hack them directly into the game now, unfortunately.

Nobody here is from Nintendo or GF, so your second question is tough to thoroughly answer. The way I see it, it's not so much that Nintendo/GF don't know how to use the features properly, but people are stupid with offers like that no matter what. It might be too restricting and arbitrary if they limited what you can put up and ask for a certain Pokemon, so it's probably easier to just not restrict them at all. Why they do it this way, I wouldn't know, but those are my thoughts on it.

Dragonair7

Feelin' the heat?

The shiny Jirachi is most definitely a hack. Pokebank won't let shiny Jirachi through.

As for the trade issues, join the club. While the button "No special pokemon" makes it slightly more tolerable, as does the option "Pokémon you have", it wouldn't make sense for GF to try to restrict these things, because there could be somebody that would trade away Zekrom for a Rattata. One man's trash is another man's treasure. But unless you are one of those people, its frustrating, but it is there so...

GardyV

Also, today I saw ANOTHER hack online.

I saw a lot of passerby's asking for Dianice recently, and I thought "Wow, these people sure are retarded. Diancie has not been released! Surely no one would have one!"

Lo' and behold, I go check my Poke Amie and see Diancie's sprite eating my poke puff. I clicked it and it said it belonged to a guy named "Romaine". HOW are people doing this?! It is really pissing me off.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Also, today I saw ANOTHER hack online.

I saw a lot of passerby's asking for Dianice recently, and I thought "Wow, these people sure are retarded. Diancie has not been released! Surely no one would have one!"

Lo' and behold, I go check my Poke Amie and see Diancie's sprite eating my poke puff. I clicked it and it said it belonged to a guy named "Romaine". HOW are people doing this?! It is really pissing me off.

There is a cheating device out for the 3DS.

Milennin

*hugs Absol*
I was under the impression that there was none out there, or rather, none that worked on 3DS games.

There was one released for the 3DS recently. Apparently it's able to generate items, unobtainable event Pokémon and turn existing Pokémon shiny.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Remember when we all rejoiced about how the 3DS was "unhackable" and were extremely confident that Bank would keep all the hacked stuff from previous Gens from getting in?

Good times.

Ze DreamGirl

Future Vaporeon
Yeah...now I am suspicious of some of the good pokes I receive Through Wonder Trade...:(

sheld999

i found out once you beaten zygrade he can return back to the cave for you to battle him again

FusionKT

*cough*
There was one released for the 3DS recently. Apparently it's able to generate items, unobtainable event Pokémon and turn existing Pokémon shiny.

The codes that enabled people to get certain event Pokemon and items have apparently been removed from the device, which is good, however people that already had the Pokemon and items before they were removed will still have them.

Last edited:

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
The codes being removed is meaningless; people can rewrite them or find them online. It'll slow some people down, but the device still lets people hack into their game, and people enterprising enough to use the device are likely enterprising enough to insert the codes back onto it.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
It's hilarious how the progress in hacking the 3DS or its game did not really advance at all until X/Y are released.

It's almost as if all those more competent hackers only care about Pokemon, and are too lazy to do anything before X/Y are released.

Status
Not open for further replies.