1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion of Serebii.net X & Y Discovery Thread

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation VI Discussion' started by Serebii, Oct 9, 2013.

1. Faboloose

Faboloose Member

Hey, I have a theory.... Since Diancie is a mutation of Carbink, I wonder if this will be the same situation as Manaphy and Phione. After all, look at the similarities, Diancie AND Manaphy are both NOT legendary but Mythical. They also are based heavily on their non-legendary, non-GENDERED counterparts.

2. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

No, Diancie and Manaphy are both Legendaries, unequivocally and unarguably. "Mythical" is one of those words they assign to critters that sometimes means something superficially but ebbs and flows as far as concrete designations go.

The link between Diancie and Carbink is probably cosmetic/flavor text at most (like Shellder/Slowbro) but has been discussed to utter death at any rate and there's just nothing more worthwhile to be said until we actually have the critter in hand.

3. VahnDeathHeart

VahnDeathHeart Father and Breeder

Yes a device has been released and for the "Stupid" trades requests, I used to use them for restarting my pokemon games when I only had one ds. Mostly my shinies and all.

4. Eclair~

Eclair~ ES member Eclair

But, any hacked mon wouldn't have the pentagon. (Unless it's from 4th-3rd gen but bank won't let "most" hacks through) The only hacked mon I wonder if it would have the pentagon are shiny mons, does anyone know?

Oh I was happy that most hacks we didn't have to worry about but, I knew it wouldn't last long. (Really surprised it lasted THIS long) That is because one of the most commonly known and most basic knowledge/rule of hacking (regarding anything) is that there is always a back door, a way to hack basically. In short, no device is safe from hacking, just would take longer to hack depending on the prog'(s) and the skill of the hacker and so on.

5. MegaLuxray

MegaLuxray New Member

I think I found another egg move for Litleo,

I got a level one Litleo in wonder Trade and one of it move Fire Fang, and according to site, Litleo isn't suppose to learn that move to level 23.

I will test is out when I get chanceafter I finished breed my current pokemon for perfect IV.

6. Hydrohs

Hydrohs 安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。 Staff Member Super Mod

Pokemon can inherit level-up moves from the parents, this has always been the case.

7. Ad-M

Ad-M Member

I'm not sure if you know, but if you transfer Beauty Feebas from d/p he will evolve after lvl up in X/Y.

8. Gelatini Jejunator

Gelatini Jejunator Vote Vanillite! Wait

Hoenn confirmed.

9. Lebon14

Lebon14 Slaking's brother

Sooooooooooo... Fancy Pattern Vivillion has Hold Hands as a move. According to in-game description: "Two pokemon hold hands. It makes them happy." or something along the line. Those that mean that the move boost happiness in a double battle?! That's kinda... OP. The downside is that you need to be in a double battle though...

As for the hacks, I don't battle random strangers so I can't say but I've heard tales. However the cart that's being talked about as a huge limitation: 3DS must be between version 4.1 and 4.5. Those aren't easy to come by. I suppose that if you buy a v1 3DS and update it, you'll jump to v8 (was released today btw) in one go. So, those 3DS must have been upgraded to those versions at the times where it was the current versions. Those 3DS will probably be sold at a hefty price. As far as I know, there are no workaround to downgrade the firmware. Having said that, those hacks will be few and far between. Personally, I will and you should always try to trade with people on forums. Here and PMC, should be the safest place on the net as offenders would be banned unless both parties agrees on the hack pokemon trade.

Obviously, when I'm talking about those hack carts, I'm not giving the name they have or link to them. For obvious reasons.

10. Trevenant

Trevenant Banned

Who on earth was ever confident in that? lol...

The error that some hacked 'mons had the pentagon was a botch on Nintendo's part with the early days of PokeBank (a real shocker, huh?). It isn't possible now.

No, you just need a less than 4.5 3DS and a game that has 4.5 built-in, I think Luigi's Mansion does. Upgrade via cart, not Wi-Fi.
    Even considering all of this... there's nothing you can do with hacks for the time being and 3DS flash carts in general (there's more than one that can play X/Y) are actually at a disadvantage for hacking/cheating, because PowerSaves doesn't even work on it.

PowerSaves has very few useful codes other than 999 of [x] items or something.

11. Life_The_Reaper

Life_The_Reaper Purifying Harvester

Not sure if anyone has said this on here yet since, I haven't been on here in years and, the Current and Upcoming Events page still hasn't changed but, the Fancy Pattern Vivillon can also be female.

12. Vongola91

Vongola91 Member

in the pokemon Super Speed Double Battle can i take for example kangashkan and mega evolve her

13. Shego

Shego 90% Kissshipper

I got a problem. You see, I was trying to breed an Absol with the egg moves, Play Rough,Baton Pass,and Megahorn. Today I went to the Day-Care, and I left a male Mawile (with the moves,Sucker Punch,and Play Rough that just remembered as I gave the lady a Heart Scale for Mawile to learn it earlier before leveling up to learn that move) with a female Absol. But for some some, the offspring didn't learn the move "Play Rough" as it just inherit Sucker Punch,Baton Pass,Me First,and Feint Attack. I've tried to breed a female Absol with a male Dendenne who just learned the move, Play Rough. After I tried that, it didn't inherit Play Rough at all. Is there's something wrong with it?

14. saPower1000

saPower1000 FLIP ALL THE TABLES

This was a discovery so...
    I noticed that if a Pokemon uses Rapid spin on a Pokemon with rocky helmet and faints, hazards will not be removed from that players side of the field.
    I thought that could at least be added to Rapid Spin's description on Serebii.

15. MudkipMelody

MudkipMelody MudkipLieker

Pokemon Uk Event
    Diancie at GAME 6 Nov - 17 Nov.

16. Pachirisuuu

Pachirisuuu Trade with me

When you go in this house in camphier town you can go to the stereo thing but use it as a pc
    Sorry my phones camera sucks

http://i.imgur.com/9EL5EIsh.jpg

17. Yknot

Yknot Дми́трий Дми́триевич

this has probably already been mentioned but I noticed that hatched/bred pokemon on my own cartridge start at much higher friendship levels than pokemon caught in friend safari. Notice this when building my synchronizer eevee => umbreon/espeon team.

also: is there any ongoing research on spinda patterns?

18. Hydrohs

Hydrohs 安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。 Staff Member Super Mod

Doubtful seeing as there are probably a ton.

19. Yknot

Yknot Дми́трий Дми́триевич

http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=32+^+6+%3D

xD

also probably already mentioned: apparently putting on the power items work with exp share on--even when the pokemon does not battle.

20. Kairyudraco

Kairyudraco Teamrocketsmeowth

Left patch of bushes in the garden behind parfume palace looks like camphrier town.

Also there are only around 40 spina patterns.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2015